Trivia about Ireland is really interesting and a good way to learn about this biggest country in Europe which has a great variety of cultures and nature. Trivia about Ireland or interesting facts about Ireland is really interesting.
Trivia about Ireland will give you a great idea and conception of Ireland, you will be able to clarify yourself with fresh and useful Ireland facts.
These trivia about Ireland are playful and full of fun. Ireland Trivia will be good for discussion, competition, or entertainment.
Solve this trivia about Ireland and be the best with these trivia about Ireland printable facts.
Let’s Solve below the Trivia about Ireland
1. What is the official name of Ireland?
- Republic of Ireland
- Northern Ireland
Note: Ireland is divided between the Republic of Ireland (officially named Ireland), and Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom.
Ireland coordinates: 53°20.65′N 6°16.05′W
2. What is the main religion in Ireland?
3. What is Ireland best known for?
- Incredible history – an ancient country.
- Landscape – rugged, wild, and just magical.
- The food – the land of hearty meals.
- The drinks – our mouth is watering.
- Irish hospitality – the friendliest country.
- The arts – another of the top things Ireland is famous for.
- Riverdance – lord of the dance.
4. What is the National currency of Ireland?
5. The term ‘Ireland’ originated from which word?
6. What are the languages of Ireland?
English, Irish, Ulster-Scots, Shelta
7. What is Ireland’s national animal?
Irish Hare (Lepus timidus)
Red deer (Cervus elaphus)
8. Ireland belongs to which continent?
9. What is the national game of Ireland?
10. What are the 3 colors of the Irish flag?
Green, white, Orange
11. What is the capital of Ireland?
12. What is the largest city in Ireland?
13. What is the Government system of Ireland?
- Parliamentary system
- Unitary state
- Liberal democracy
- Constitutional republic
- Parliamentary republic
14. What is the largest island in Ireland?
Mayo Achill Island
15. What is the national bird of Ireland?
16. What is Ireland’s national dish/ food?
17. What is Ireland’s national tree and flower?
Shamrock (Trifolium dubium or Trifolium repens)
18. What is the Irish National Day?
19. What is Demonyms Ireland?
20. How many castles are there in Ireland?
21. When was the first constitution of Ireland formed?
1 July 1937
22. What is the National fruit of Ireland?
23. What is the total area of Ireland?
84,421 km2 (32,595 sq mi)
24. What is the rank of Ireland according to its area?
25. Who is the National poet of Ireland?
- Thomas Moore (1779–1852)
- W. B. Yeats (1865–1939)
26. What is the population of Ireland?
27. What is the largest forest in Ireland?
28. What is the position of Ireland according to its population?
29. What is the time zone of Ireland?
Greenwich Mean Time (UTC)
30. What is Ireland’s National Day also known as?
31. What is the National anthem of Ireland?
- The Soldiers’ Song
- God Save the King
32. What is the Calling Code of Ireland?
33. What is the driving side of Ireland?
34. What is the ISO 3166 code of Ireland?
35. What is the internet TLD in Ireland?
36. What is the national dog breed of Ireland?
37. What is the first university in Ireland?
Trinity College Dublin
38. What is the oldest city in Ireland?
39. Who is the first King of Ireland?
Máel Sechnaill mac Máele Ruanaid (Malachy MacMulrooney) (846–860 AD)
40. What is the richest city in Ireland?
41. What was the first capital of Ireland?
42. What is the largest spider in Ireland?
Giant house spider (Eratigena atrica), common in the Midlands.
43. What is the largest bird in Ireland?
Iolar firéan (Aquila chrysaetos)
44. What is the largest dam in Ireland?
The Shannon Scheme
45. What is the National tree of Ireland?
46. What is the largest tunnel in Ireland?
47. What is the most dangerous city in Ireland?
Tralee town square
48. What is the National Emblem of Ireland?
49. What is the largest airport in Ireland?
Dublin Airport (DUB)
50. Who were the first inhabitants of Ireland?
Partholan (2680 B.C)
51. What is the National fish of Ireland?
52. Who first invaded Ireland?
Edward Bruce of Scotland
53. What is the highest point in Ireland?
Carrauntoohil or Carrauntoohill (3,407 feet 6 inches))
54. How many letters are in the Irish language?
18 letters (a b c d e f g h i l m n o p r s t u)
The vowels may be accented as follows: á é í ó ú.
55. What is the National color of Ireland?
- Green (de facto)
- Azure blue, or St. Partic’s bule (sporting, cultural, and business events)
56. What are the most common male names in Ireland?
57. What is the most popular sport in Ireland?
58. What is the National instrument of Ireland?
59. What are the most common Irish girl names?
60. What is the average height of an Irishman?
178.92cm (5 feet 10.44 inches)
61. What is the average height of an Irishwoman?
165.11cm (5 feet 5 inches)
62. What is the average lifespan of an Irish?
81.96 years (2017)
63. What is the National stone of Ireland?
Connemara / Conamara marble
64. What is the largest tree in Ireland?
65. What are the ethnic groups in Ireland?
- 96.4% White
- 1.7% Asian
- 1.1% Black
- 0.8% Other
66. What is the most popular tree in Ireland?
67. What is the largest island (main island) in Ireland?
68. What is the largest rail station in Ireland?
69. What is the longest river in Ireland?
Shannon, Abhainn na Sionainne in Irish (240 miles/386km)
70. What is the largest bridge in Ireland?
Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Bridge
71. What is the smallest river in Ireland?
River Corrib (6km)
72. Who is the most famous Irish celebrity?
- Bono – global rockstar.
- Conor McGregor – controversial fighter.
- Liam Neeson – acting sensation.
- Micheal Collins – revolutionary leader.
- Maureen O’Hara – star of the silver screen.
- Katie Taylor – inspiring female boxer.
- Mary Robinson – Ireland’s first female president.
73. Who was Ireland’s last king?
74. Who is the most popular singer in Ireland?
- Niall Horan
- Dermot Kennedy
75. When did Ireland join the UN?
14 December 1955
76. What percent of Ireland is forest?
77. What is the largest Waterfall in Ireland?
Powerscourt Waterfall (121 m)
78. What is the National personification of Ireland?
There are several national personifications, all-female:
- Hibernia, an attractive, vulnerable girl
- Kathleen Ní Houlihan
- The Sean-Bhean bhocht: a poor old woman who needs the help of young Irish men willing to fight and die to free Ireland
- Banba, Fódla and Ériu, three goddesses
Róisín Dubh (Dark Little Rose)
79. What is the most famous volcano in Ireland?
80. What is the hottest place in Ireland?
81. What are some of the giant companies in Ireland?
- Smurfit Kappa
- Ardagh Glass Sales
- Kerry Group
- Total Produce
82. What is considered rich in Ireland?
The top 30% of households have a gross income of more than €70,000 per annum. The top 20% of households have a gross income of more than €80,000 per annum. 14% of households have a gross income above €100,000 per annum. 2% of households have gross incomes above €200,000 per annum.
83. What are some of the foods in Ireland?
- Irish stew (made with lamb, mutton, or beef)
- Bacon and cabbage (with potatoes)
- Boxty (potato pancake)
- Coddle (sausage, bacon, and potato)
- Colcannon (mashed potato, kale or cabbage, and butter)
- Soda bread
- Colcannon and champ
- Smoked salmon
- Black and white pudding
84. Who first discovered Ireland?
Around 4000 BC it is estimated that the first farmers arrived in Ireland. Farming marked the arrival of the new Stone Age. Around 300BC, Iron Age warriors known as the Celts came to Ireland from mainland Europe. The Celts had a huge influence on Ireland.
85. What was the old name of Ireland?
86. What was the old name of Dublin?
Baile Átha Cliath
87. What is the name of the tallest architecture in Ireland?
- Obel Tower (289.7 ft) – on the island of Ireland
- Capital Dock (79 metres/ 259 ft) – on the Republic
88. What is the largest lake in Ireland?
- Lough Neagh
- Lough Corrib is the second-largest and is the largest in the Republic
89. What is the most common domesticated animal in Ireland?
90. What are the main crops in Ireland?
Barley, sugar beets, potatoes, wheat, and oats
91. What is the main export of Ireland?
Machinery and equipment, computers, chemicals, medical devices, pharmaceuticals; foodstuffs, animal products
92. Who is the Patron saint in Ireland?
- Saint Patrick
- Saint Brigit
- Saint Colmcille
93. How many islands are there in Ireland?
94. What is the oldest architecture in Ireland?
Newgrange (since the Stone Age, some 5200 years old)
95. What is the longest beach in Ireland?
Curracloe Beach (28km)
96. How old is Irish history?
The earliest evidence of the human presence in Ireland is dated to 10,500 BC. Gaelic Ireland had emerged by the 1st century AD. The island was Christianised from the 5th century onward. Following the 12th century Norman invasion, England claimed
97. What is the largest fast-food chain in Ireland?
98. How many UNESCO heritages are there in Ireland?
- Brú na Bóinne (Bend of the Boyne)
- Skellig Michael
99. What are some of the best, top tourist attractions in Ireland?
- Brú na Bóinne (Bend of the Boyne) – UNESCO heritage
- Skellig Michael – UNESCO heritage
- Dublin, The Republic of Ireland’s capital, home to the Book of Kells, Dublin Castle & numerous museums.
- Galway, Irish city with bustling Eyre Square, medieval St. Nicholas’ Church & a vibrant arts scene.
- Cork, Irish city known for its 19th-century gaol, Shandon Church bells & Blarney Castle’s famed stone.
- Killarney, Southwest Ireland town known for Killarney National Park, Muckross House & Ross Castle.
- Aran Islands, Irish archipelago known for ancient sites like Dún Aonghasa fort & Church of St. Kevin, plus birds.
- Dingle Peninsula, Irish-speaking area home to quaint towns, mountains & Ireland’s westernmost point, Dunmore Head.
- Dingle, Irish port town on the Dingle Peninsula, with Oceanworld Aquarium & clifftop Dún Beag fort.
- Killarney National Park, Lush forested mountains, valleys & lakes
Limerick, Irish city with medieval sites like King John’s Castle & St. Mary’s church, plus
- Hunt Museum art, Kilkenny, Medieval Irish town is known for Kilkenny Castle & its historic churches, plus local crafts & pubs.
- Connemara National Park, Trails through mountains & woodland
- Howth, an Irish village near Dublin, with Howth Castle, ruined St. Mary’s Abbey & 19th-century Martello Tower.
- Donegal, Irish town, known for Donegal Castle, Four Masters Memorial obelisk & the Railway Heritage Centre.
- Kinsale, Irish town by the River Bandon with the star-shaped Charles Fort & the Kinsale Regional Museum.
- Wicklow Mountains, Massive tourist & recreation attraction
- Doolin, Irish village, known as a gateway to the Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher & orchids in the Burren.
- Sligo, Irish town on the Garavogue River known for Sligo County Museum & poet W.B. Yeats, plus Sligo Abbey.
- Wicklow, Mountains, harbors, gardens, hiking, and golf
100. What is the Official website of Ireland?
101. What is the largest stadium in Ireland?
Croke Park (82,300)
102. What is the oldest Castle in Ireland?
103. What is the largest cathedral in Ireland?
St Patrick’s Cathedral
104. What are the other names of Ireland?
Éire; Airlann (Ulster-Scots)
105. What is the second-largest island of the British Isles?
106. What is the third-largest island in Europe?
107. What is the twentieth-largest island on Earth??
108. Ireland is separated from which country to its east by the North Channel, the Irish Sea, and St George’s Channel?
109. Ireland is divided between the Republic of Ireland (officially named Ireland), which covers how much of the island?
110. Northern Ireland is part of which country?
The United Kingdom
111. What is the rank of one county of Ireland?
Cork (Great Island)
112. What is the smallest island in Ireland?
113. What is the Isle of Man?
Also called the Ellan Vannin, or Mann, Isle of Man is a self-governing British Crown dependency situated in the Irish Sea between Great Britain and Ireland.
114. What is the second-most populous island in Europe with its 6.6 million after Great Britain?
115. How many extant land mammal species are there native to Ireland?
116. What is the location of Ireland?
117. What is the motto of Ireland?
Éire go, Deo
118. What is the national drink of Ireland?
- Irish breakfast tea
- Irish whiskey
119. What things tourists should never say in Ireland?
- “I’m Irish”
- Quizzing about potatoes.
- Anything about an Irish car bomb.
- “Top of the morning to you”
- “Everything is better in… (insert large city)”
- “St Patty’s Day”
- “Do you know so-and-so from…”
- “I love U2”
120. When has Ireland officially declared a republic?
121. How many countries are there in Ireland?
32 counties in the island of Ireland (26 in the Republic of Ireland and 6 in Northern Ireland)
122. What is the national weapon in Ireland?
123. What are the sports national symbols in Ireland?
Gaelic football, hurling, camogie rounders, Irish road bowling (bullets), Gaelic handball
124. Sheep-raising and wool products are historically important in which country, and sheep feature commonly in souvenirs sold to tourists?
125. Who was the first English king of Ireland?
King Henry VIII
126. Who’s the richest person in Ireland?
127. What is the national card game in Ireland?
Forty-fives (also called “45” or “25”), or its variant form Spoil Five
Other recommended Trivia
- 120 Chess Trivia Questions and Answers for All
- 111 Sports Trivia Questions for Kids for Excellence
- 120 Good Sports Trivia Questions for Everyone
- 123 Easy Sports Trivia Quiz to Outrun your Competitor
- 100 Sports Quiz Questions for Anytime Learning
- 99 Football Trivia for Kids with Challenging Spirit
- 111 Sports Trivia for Kids to Win A Competition
- 100 Baseball Trivia For Kids with Competitive Minds
- 111 Easy Sports Trivia Questions Everyone Must Know
- 99 Hardest NBA Quiz to Assess your Expertise
- 100 Basketball Trivia Questions Answers to Learn
- 100 Baseball Trivia Quiz for the Crazy Fans
- 110 Football Trivia Questions for Authentic Fans
- 130 Olympics Trivia that Everyone Should Know
- 100 Super Bowl Trivia Questions to Evoke Surprise
- 100 Jaw-Dropping Soccer Trivia Questions for All
- 100 Dallas Cowboys Trivia for the True Fans
- 100 Harry Potter House Quiz for the Real Fans
- 200 Ocean Trivia Questions Everyone Asks
- 200 Weather Trivia Questions Every Expert Knows
- 100 Biology Trivia Questions None Should Miss
- 100 April Fools Trivia Every Intelligent Should Know
- 114 Valentines Day Trivia Everyone Should Solve
- 123 Cricket Quiz Questions and Answer for Fans
- 111 Cricket Trivia General Knowledge for All Time
- 120 NHL Quiz that Every Crazy Fan Should Solve
- 101 NHL Basic Trivia Questions for Hockey Fans
- 140 Golf Trivia Questions that Every Fan Should Know
- 55 Passover Trivia to Know All About Pesach