Benefit from the cricket trivia and when you’ve achieved it, share it with buddies, friends of friends, and even full strangers, everyone will love this Cricket Trivia. All people love cricket trivia. Don’t fear, this isn’t the ‘what was the color of the handkerchief fluttered by a woman within the crowd on the 1872 Ashes‘ sort of cricket trivia. As an alternative, daft, and enjoyable, and also you’ll find yourself being aligned with being considered one of 4 present Ashes cricketers. Simply a hundred-plus queries to whip by means of this cricket trivia. So that you assume you understand your cricket? Strive our nice cricket trivia like this. It doesn’t matter what your curiosity within the biggest of all we have got a quiz to check your data. The truth is we at the moment have quizzes for your enjoyment!
The history of cricket may be traced back to the late 16th century. Originating in southeast England, it spread internationally in the 19th and 20th centuries after being a well-known sport there in the 18th. Improve your ideas on cricket trivia quiz questions with answers hard. International competition has existed since the 19th century, and the first official Test cricket matches are said to have taken place in 1877. After association football, cricket is the second most popular spectator sport worldwide (soccer).
One of the most popular and adored sports in the world is cricket. It is a sport that emphasizes teamwork and has a sizable fan base worldwide. If you love the game of cricket, you can readily identify with the fervor and devotion that drive you crazy for it. Collect cricket trivia quiz questions with answers hard. Every aspect of cricket is exciting, and each ball causes an adrenaline surge. People may think this is strange, but every time you do it, your heartbeat quickens. You can’t talk about the cheering, fervor, supplications, and delight that accompanies watching or participating in it in the same sentence. The only sport that successfully combines nuance, amusement, and unexpected delight is cricket.
Three years after winning the 1983 World Cup, in 1986, India claimed their first-ever Test victory at Lord’s. 28 years later, in 2011, India won its second World Cup, and astonishingly, three years later, in 2014, it won its second-ever Test at Lord’s.
The International Cricket Council (ICC), which includes more than one hundred nations and territories as members but only twelve of which play Test cricket, oversees cricket on a global scale. Enjoy cricket trivia quiz questions with answers hard. The “Laws of Cricket” specify the regulations of the game. One-day cricket, which lasts for a few hours, and test matches, which may last up to five days, are two of the game’s many formats.
Cricket Trivia Quiz Questions with Answers Hard
1. Man of the Tournament in the ICC World Cup was started in which year?
2. What is the highest individual score in ODI?
3. Wasim Akram was Man of the Match in which year for hi s3/39 & 33 runs?
4. Which is the only team whose 5 players have won the "Man of the Match" award in the final of the World Cup.
5. Which batsman made the fastest T20 century (across all T20 competitions)?
6. "Man of the Match" award is being given since
7. For his 456 runs, Martin Crowe was the Man of the Tournament in which year's WC?
8. What award goes to the top run-scorer of the ICC World Cup?
9. Who was the father of cricket?
10. Who hit most sixes in World Cup?
11. What is the first law of cricket?
12. What are the common facts of Rohit Sharma, Martin Guptill, Amelia Kerr, and Belinda Clark?
13. Which team won the most T20 World Cup?
14. Who took 19 wickets in a Test match?
15. Who was the man of the match in the 1983 world cup final?
16. Which country won the most t20 matches?
17. Who scored most 200 runs in Test cricket?
18. Clive Llyod for his 102 runs was Man of the Tournament in which year's WC?
19. Who is the first batsman to score 200 runs in ODI?
20. Which team won the highest number of 50 over world cup titles?
21. Which Sri Lankan scored the second most 200 runs in Test cricket?
22. As of January 2020, what the most successful team in Test cricket, in terms of both wins and win percentage, having won 393 of their 830 Tests (47.34%)?
23. Who is the only player in the world to have scored 5000 runs against a single opposition: 5028 runs against England?
24. Who won the man of the tournament in World Cup 2019?
25. Which two players took 10 wickets in a Test innings?
26. Punter is the nickname of which Australian player?
27. Which legendary bowler had the nickname 'Whispering Death'?
28. Who became the highest wicket-taker in Test cricket when he overtook Shane Warne's record on 3 December 2007?
29. Which small village in rural Hampshire is known as the 'Cradle of Cricket' and was England's leading cricket club before the formation of the MCC?
31. How wide is the cricket wicket formed by the three wooden stumps?
31. Who was the first player to reach 10,000 Test runs?
32. Which South African was chosen as the Wisden Cricketer of the Year in 2003?
33. What is the second-largest cricket ground in the world?
34. What is the largest cricket ground in the world?
35. Who is widely considered the greatest batsman of all time?
36. In 2000, who was the only specialist bowler selected by a panel of cricket experts as one of the five 'Wisden Cricketers of the Century'?
37. The SWALEC Stadium at Sophia Gardens is in which city?
39. Angelo Mathews plays test cricket for which country?
40. In yards, how far apart are the wickets?
41. Which Test venue has a Brian Statham End and a Stretford End?
42. When was the first ODI in history took place?
43. Who scored the most runs in a series, has the most double centuries, and was a part of the record 5th wicket partnership, most significant record is his batting average of 99.94?
44. When did Bangladesh get Test Status?
45. When did India get Test Status?
46. Viv Richards was the Man of the Match in 1979 WC for what performance?
47. Which country achieved Test status in 1952?
48. Who has the highest individual score in Test cricket: he scored 400 not out against England in 2004 to surpass the innings of 380 by Matthew Hayden six months earlier.
49. Who got the golden bat in ICC 2019?
50. Who won the Golden Ball Award 2019?
51. Whose nickname is the Don?
52. How many test playing nations are there?
53. England achieved Test Status earlier than Australia. True/ False?
54. Which county is got the first test status in the history?
55. The Sheikh Zayed Stadium is in which country?
56. Who scored the fastest 100 in t20?
57. Who scored the fastest 200 in ODI?
58. India's Virender Sehwag holds the record for the fastest triple hundred (278 balls) ever, breaking records of whom?
59. Which Test player scored 380 six months before Brian Lara scored 400 to take back the highest individual score record in Test cricket?
60. The first fifty of ODI matches was scored by John Edrich (England, 82 runs) against Australia in which year?
61. Who scored the slowest hundred in ODI history?
62. Who has the maximum number of centuries?
63. Who hit most sixes in t20?
64. Who hit most sixes in ODI?
65. An incoming batsman must be ready to face a ball within how many minutes of the outgoing batsman being dismissed?
66. During a 1979 Test between Australia and England, which batsman caused an outcry by using a bat made of Aluminium?
67. Before 1979, there was no rule that the bat has to be made of wood. True/ False?
68. In January 2006, Andrew Flintoff was presented with Freedom of which English City?
69. Which New Zealand cricketer was named 'Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World' for 2015?
70. As of 2016, West Indies batsman Brian Lara holds the highest individual score in Test cricket with 400 (not out) - which country did he score it against in 2004?
71. Which English county did Kevin Pietersen play for between 2005 and 2010?
72. Which English county did Ian Botham end his career with?
73. Who captained the English team to a five-nil defeat in the 2013/14 Ashes series?
74. When was the first ashes series took place?
75. For the 2019 and 2023 World Cups, the host nation and the __________ other highest-ranked nations automatically qualify for the World Cup, while other nations play in the World Cup Qualifier.
76. In which English cricket ground would you find the Kirkstall Lane End?
77. Who captained Australia between 1975 and 1977?
78. Who scored 501 not out for Warwickshire against Durham in 1994?
79. As of 2019, which cricketer holds the record for most Test runs without a century?
80. Which country's national team is nicknamed The Tigers?
81. What was legendary umpire Dickie Bird's real first name?
82. What name is given to an illegal delivery that reaches the batsman at around head height without bouncing?
83. How many types of balls are there in cricket?
84. Which ball is best for cricket?
85. How many short balls per over are allowed?
86. A line four feet (1.22 meters) in front of and parallel to the line of the stumps, within which the batsman must keep the bat or one foot grounded to avoid the risk of being stumped or run out is called
87. When bowling the bowler's front foot must not cross this line until after the ball has been delivered.
88. The popping (batting) crease is marked ________ in front of the stumps at either end, with the stumps set along the bowling crease.
89. The standard width of the pitch is
90. What is the height of the cricket stump?
91. The overall width of each wicket is
92. Pink balls deteriorate more slowly than white balls. True/ False
93. Why is the Ashes trophy so small?
94. Who was the first player who entered into the 190 plus score in ODI in 1997?
95. How many World Cup tournaments being held till date?
96. What is the only country which lost 3 finals and hosted the world cup 5 times?
97. Who won most Ashes series?
98. Who was the first cricketer who scored the first century (103) in the ODI cricket in 1972?
99. Sri Lanka won the World Cup in which year?
100. Which country is World Cup 2019 runnerup?
101. Venue of the World Cup 1996 Final was
102. Who was the runner up of the World Cup 1992?
103. West Indies beat England in 1975 WOrld Cup FInal in how many runs?
104. Which player primarily known for his batting has taken more 5 wickets haul than Shane Warne?
105. Why are there only 6 balls in an over?
106. Who scored 300 in t20?
107. Who was the youngest batsman to score a triple century?
108. Which country won the World Cup two times in a row?
109. Which country won the World Cup three times in a row?
110. Venue of the World Cup 1999 Final was
111. Who was the MAn of the Tournament in World Cup 2003 Final?
Children who lived in the Weald, a region of thick forests and clearings in south-east England that spans Kent and Sussex, during the Saxon or Norman eras invented cricket. Explore cricket trivia quiz questions with answers hard. From the latter part of the 16th century comes the earliest known written mention.
The game’s creation may have originated in France or Flanders, according to several theories concerning the game’s history. The earliest of these conjectural allusions dates back to 1300 and speaks of the future King Edward II participating in “creag and other sports” at Westminster and Newenden. Find cricket trivia quiz questions with answers hard. Despite claims to the contrary, experts believe that “creag,” which means “joy and games in general,” was an early spelling of the Old English term for cricket.
It is widely accepted that cricket continued to be played by kids for several generations until becoming more and more popular among adults around the start of the 17th century. If bowls are the elder sport, it is possible that cricket evolved from bowls as a result of a batsman’s attempt to deflect the ball away from the target. Bookmark cricket trivia quiz questions with answers hard. The original equipment for playing on sheep-grazed ground or in clearings may have included a matted lump of sheep’s wool as the ball, a stick, a crook, or another agricultural instrument as the bat, and a stool, a tree stump, or a gate (such as a wicket gate) as the wicket.
The game of crickett is mentioned in a 1597 (Old Style – 1598 New Style) court case in England involving an ownership dispute over a parcel of common land in Guildford, Surrey. John Derrick, a 59-year-old coroner, said that fifty years previously, while they were students at the Free School, he and his classmates played creckett there. Solve cricket trivia quiz questions with answers hard. Derrick’s report, which is the first widely acknowledged mention of the game, establishes without a reasonable doubt that it was being played in Surrey around 1550. When two men in Sussex were punished for playing cricket on Sunday rather than attending church, it was the first time that cricket was mentioned as an adult activity in 1611. A dictionary’s definition of cricket as a boys’ game in the same year implies that adult participation in cricket is a relatively new phenomenon.
The word “cricket” is regarded to have several probable roots. It was spelled creckett in the earliest instance of a reference. The term may have originated from the Middle Dutch word krick(-e), which means a stick; the Old English word cricc or cryce, which means a crutch or staff; or the French word criquet, which means a wooden post. A long, low stool used for kneeling in the church is referred to as a “krickstoel” in Middle Dutch; this resembles the long, low wicket with two stumps used in early cricket. Compete over cricket trivia quiz questions with answers hard. Heiner Gillmeister, a University of Bonn expert in European languages, claims that the word “cricket” is derived from the Middle Dutch idiom for “hockey,” mit de (krik ket)sen (i.e., “with the stick chase”). The words used in south-east England at the time are more likely to have served as the foundation for the terminology of cricket. Additionally, due to trade relations with the County of Flanders, particularly during its ownership by the Duchy of Burgundy in the 15th century, many Middle Dutch words entered southern English dialects.
Other Recommended Quizzes
- 55 World History Trivia Questions for Any Competition
- 51 Good True or False Questions to Ask Anyone
- 99 World Geography Questions to Be An Intellectual
- 70 Cinephilia Disney True or False Questions
- 60 Funny True or False Questions and Answers
- 300 General Knowledge Quiz for Kids under 10
- 100 Basic Knowledge Questions to Answer 100%
- 60 History Trivia for Kids with Scholastic Mind
- 50 Mastermind History Trivia Questions for Kids
- 100 Challenger General Knowledge Test Practice
- 100 Hard History Trivia Questions Answers Printable
More Recommended Reading
- Trivia in Spanish Quiz Questions
- Ecology Trivia Questions Environmental Quiz
- Geography Trivia Questions for the Beginner
- Science Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- IPL Trivia Quiz Questions for Challenge Takers
- What is the Mensa IQ test? How to Join Mensa?
- Mensa IQ Practice Test Quiz Free – Eligibility | Good Score
- 100 US State Quizzes Online, Trivia, Questions, Answers
- Trivia about Blood that Everyone Should Know
- What is the Mensa IQ Test Limit for the Genius
- Prepare for Mensa Test Professionally from Home
- IPL Quiz Questions with Answers for Cricket Fans
- Rugby Trivia Questions for the Fans
- Animal Trivia Questions Quiz for Knowledge
- Word Trivia Questions – Challenging Vocabulary
- Chemistry Trivia Questions – Quiz for Learning
- 350+ US History Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- 200 General Trivia Questions Answers Random