Easy sports trivia questions are for learners who always seek knowledge here and there. Sports itself is vast and there are plenty of things to know. This easy sports trivia question is an attempt for all. Easy sports trivia questions will give vast learning about many trivia you did not know. Let’s solve these easy sports trivia questions. Many civilizations in the past have disapproved of women participating in athletic competitions. Compete over easy sports trivia questions multiple choice. The history of organized sport in English public schools during the 19th and early 20th centuries resulted in a paternalism that tended to discourage women from participating in athletics. For instance, there were no women who participated in the Olympic Games in 1896. Due to the expansion of the women’s sports movement in Europe and North America, the 20th century saw significant improvements in the involvement of women in sports. This resulted in the founding of the Women’s World Games, which were held four times (1922, 1926, 1930, and 1934), as well as the Women’s Olympiad, which was hosted for the first time in 1924 in London.
The feminist and women’s rights movements of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, respectively, had an impact on the rise in girls and women’s engagement in athletics. In the United States, the Title IX Act of 1972, which outlawed gender discrimination in all aspects of any educational environment that uses federal financial aid, significantly increased female students’ participation in sports. This resulted in increased funding and support for the development of female athletes.
Gender equality in sports has increased as a result of pressure from organizations that sponsor sports. For instance, since their founding in 1787 and 1818, respectively, the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) and the Leander Club (for rowing) in England have only been open to men. Explore easy sports trivia questions multiple choice. However, at the end of the 20th century, both clubs allowed women to join, at least in part because of the demands of the United Kingdom Lottery Sports Fund.
Women have never been more active in sports in the twenty-first century. Women participated in 27 sports in 137 events at the Beijing Summer Olympics in 2008, as opposed to 28 sports for men across 175 events. Women’s international athletic competitions including the FIFA Women’s World Cup, Women’s Rugby World Cup, and Women’s Hockey World Cup continue to flourish. Several national women’s professional sports leagues have been established and are currently in competition.
Easy sports trivia questions multiple choice
1. Shin guards are date back to which era?
2. When tennis rackets were first developed, what were used for the strings?
3. What is the lifetime of a Spalding basketball?
4. Which company spent 2 ½ years designing the soccer ball for the 2014 World Cup?
5. Speedo’s LZR Racer swimsuit was banned from which Olympics?
6. What is the average lifespan of a baseball?
7. The first yellow tennis ball was used at Wimbledon in which year?
8. Which sports shoes account for 20% of all shoe sales in the U.S.?
9. In which century, golf balls also went by the name of “feathery” or “featherie” ball?
10. Which balls were originally made from the foreskins of horses?
11. What is the state sport of Alabama?
12. A race car with a what engine finished 3rd in the 1927 Indianapolis 500?
13. Boxing legend Rocky Marciano invented what scientific item?
14. According to the official Major League Baseball rule book, baseball games
15. The NCAA required college football players to study during halftime until
16. It is customary for jockeys to be paid in ____, no matter how large their winnings
17. Which torphy was originally two stories tall but was deemed too difficult to transport?
18. What is the O-Chimp-ics?
19. Golf balls were originally made from
20. No Olympic steeplechase silver medalist, male or female, has lived past the age of
21. Who was born with a spinal protuberance that looked like a small tail, which he kept all his life?
22. A man in Mississippi was briefly imprisoned for “sorcery” in 1884 after
23. Surfing is an optical illusion. T/F?
24. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers won a Super Bowl in which year?
25. Who hold the record for the longest tennis rally of all time?
26. Fastest MMA Knockout of All Time is set by
27. 100-Meter Dash (Men) is held by
28. What is the Longest Tennis Match
29. Who has the Most NASCAR Wins?
30. Who has the Career Heavyweight Boxing Record?
31. Who sets the most Career Receiving Yards?
32. Which team has the most Consecutive NFL Regular Season Losses?
33. Who set the Fastest Marathon Time (Women)?
34. Who has the most Consecutive Wimbledon Titles?
35. Which team has the most Consecutive NCAA Football Wins?
36. Who has the Most Consecutive PGA Tour Wins?
37. Who has the Most Consecutive No-Hitters?
38. Who has the most Assists in an NBA Career?
39. Who played the most Consecutive Games Started in the NHL by a Goaltender?
40. Who held the 200-Meter Dash (Women)?
41. Which sports was invented in China around 476 B.C?
42. What number of people watch the FIFA World Cup?
43. What is the oldest football club in the world?
44. Who scored the fastest goal in football that took only 2.4 seconds?
45. How many countries have won the FIFA World Cup?
46. What do Americans and Canadians call football?
47. The first international football game ever was played in which year?
48. Where is the largest football stadium is located?
49. What is ranked as the best football league?
50. Which is the only national team in the world that has never lost to Brazil in football?
51. India withdrew from the FIFA World Cup in 1950 because
52. Who is the only player to ever have scored a goal in football in every single minute from 1 to 90 minutes?
53. Best Ranked national Women’s football team is
54. What biggest defeat in the football history of all times?
55. Who scored 13 goals for the Socceroos when Australia won over American Samoa by 31-0?
56. How many laws are there actually of football?
57. Which nation has a sole Test win against the Aussies till date in cricket?
58. Who has more ODI wickets, Sanath Jayasuriya, or Shane Warne?
59. Dhaka’s Sher-e-Bangla stadium and Bangabandhu stadium have hosted more ODIs in cricket than
60. The highest number of runs scored in an over in crieket is not 36. It’s?
61. Who holds the record for playing the most number of Tests straight after debut in cricket?
62. On 12 th January 1964, which Indian spinner bowled 21 consecutive maiden overs vs England at Chennai?
63. Who have taken more Test wickets in their career than the test runs they scored in cricket?
64. Who took 4,204 wickets and scored 39, 969 runs in First-Class cricket?
65. Who scored 199 centuries in his First Class career?
66. Who once took 19 wickets in a Test cricket match?
67. Who is the only Indian player to score a century in the knock out stages of a World Cup?
68. Who is the only batsman to have scored centuries in both the Semi-Final and Final of a World Cup?
69. The player with the most number of not outs in Test cricket is
70. Who is the only player to win four consecutive Man of the Match awards in ODIs?
71. In the very beginning of basketball, the color of most basketballs was
72. The first basketball game took place in
73. The NBA (National Basketball Association) were founded in
74. Basketball was first played by a soccer ball until it was changed in
75. The first intercollegiate women´s basketball game were played between Stanford University and University of California, Berkeley, in
76. Which game was made an official Olympic game in Berlin Germany, 1936?
77. Who is known as the inventor of modern Basketball?
78. What is the national sport in Lithuania and Georgia?
79. Massachusetts is a famous place to playing basketball, also the birthplace of
80. After Basketball, what is the only sport with more injuries?
81. Who are famous for winning the first NBA championship in 1947?
82. What are the most successful teams in the NBA?
83. Who scored a record 100 points in a single game on March 2, 1962, against New York Knicks, which is still now one of the unbreakable records in NBA?
84. Prior to the 1927-28 season, forward passes were not allowed in hockey. T/F?
85. All hockey stick blades were previously straight. T/F?
86. The fastest slapshot on record is whom that registered 118 miles per hour?
87. Who holds the NHL record for most points in a single game, with 10?
88. What sport is said to be a combination of football, basketball, and water polo?
89. There are two referees leading the game; goal-line referee and court referee. in which sport?
90. Unlike other sports, handball players are not restricted with number of faults. T/F?
91. What is the second-largest sport in Europe?
92. Who is the only one allowed to be within the goal line in handball?
93. A player can’t hold the ball for longer than 3 seconds and can’t move more than 3 steps holding it in handball. T/F?
94. Handball is a team sport in which two teams of how many players each?
95. What is the fastest game to be played on two feet?
96. The first women's lacrosse game was played in Scotland, in which year?
97. Which game was originally used to toughen up young men for war, focusing also on the spiritual side?
98. The longest volleyball game on record took place on Kingston, N.C. and lasted
99. A volleyball court is 29 feet, 6 inches wide by 59 feet. The net is 7 feet, 11 5/8ths high for men. T/F?
100. Longest Recorded Drive in golf was
101. The biathlon game was first officially entield in the Olympics in which year?
102. Karate is a martial art developed in which kingdom?
103. Karate comes from two words: “kara” meaning empty, and “te” meaning hand. T/F?
104. What as a sport dates back to ancient Greeks who made it part of Olympic games as early as 688 BC?
105. Who is the first winner in the Olympic boxing of ancient Greek?
106. What is the popular name of pugilism?
107. What is a team winter sport played on ice, in which skaters use sticks to direct a ball into the opposing team's goal?
108. What is a sport in which players slide stones on a sheet of ice toward a target area which is segmented into four concentric circles?
109. What is a winter sport that combines cross-country skiing and rifle shooting?
110. How many rules are there in golf?
111. Which sport was played on the moon?
Sports sociology, often known as the sociology of sports, is a branch of sociology that focuses on sports as a social phenomenon. The link between sociology and sports, as well as diverse sociocultural structures, trends, and organizations or groups participating in sport are the subjects of this field of research. This field of research examines how sports benefit individuals and society as a whole on an economic, financial, and social level. The goal of sport sociology is to use sociological analysis to understand how athletes and sports teams conduct and behave.
Sport is governed by laws, norms of conduct, time and space restrictions, and regulating organizations. It is focused on a target that identifies both the winner and the loser. It is ludicrous and competitive. All sports have a cultural context and are entangled with the value structures and power dynamics of the host culture. Bookmark easy sports trivia questions multiple choice quiz MCQ The sociology of sport (albeit not the phrase itself) originally came into existence around the end of the 19th century, when the first social psychology studies focusing on the effects of competition and pace-making on groups were conducted. One of the earliest attempts to think about sports in a more broad sense, outside of cultural anthropology and its interest in games in human society, was Johan Huizinga’s Homo Ludens or Thorstein Veblen’s Theory of the Leisure Class. The value of play in culture and society is covered in Homo Ludens. Huizinga contends that play, and particularly athletics, is fundamental to and a prerequisite for the formation of culture.
These published works aided in the development of the discipline of sport sociology. Sports sociology began to receive a lot of attention as an established, accepted discipline of study around 1970. In order to research the subject, the North American Society for the Sociology of Sport was established in 1978. The Sociology of Sport Journal, its publication for study, was established in 1984.
There was a great deal of debate going on when the 1936 Berlin Games were being held. This was a result of the Nazis’ disdain for anyone who was not an Aryan, namely those with blonde hair, and blue eyes, who were tall and athletic. SHare easy sports trivia questions multiple choice. Persons were therefore incredibly startled that people of races other than Aryans could compete in the 1936 Berlin Games. Furthermore, “sporting encounters with “primitive” races and, in particular, competing against Negro athletes, outraged the Nazis greatly.”
Due to the fact that those with ancestors who “came from the jungle were seen as primitive because their physiques were stronger than that of civilized whites,” Adolf Hitler, the leader of Nazi Germany, would later express how he was in agreement with the concept of segregation for interracial athletic competitions. Because they were unable to separate the races, the Nazis exploited their hate of non-Aryans as fuel, which allowed them to utilize the 1936 Berlin Games as a means of establishing their superiority over the lesser races.
Racial social interactions have long been a part of sports. Count Arthur de Gobineau’s efforts to establish the physical and intellectual superiority of the white race towards the end of the 19th century resulted in the first scientific investigation of race. Racism also benefited from the application of Darwin’s idea of natural selection. After black athletes’ athletic prowess was established, the theory shifted away from intellectual prowess and toward physical prowess.
Other Recommended Quizzes
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- Easy World History Trivia Questions and Answers
- 90 Multiple Choice Questions on Laws of Motion with Answers
- 100 Fall Trivia Questions Answers for Adults Printable
- 100 Pantomath True or False Questions to Ask Friends
- 100 Curious Mind True or False Questions and Answers
- 100 Basic Human Body Trivia Questions U Must Know
- 50 Aggressive True or False Questions with Answers
- 50 Practical Torts Multiple Choice Questions for All
- 300 Friends Trivia Questions and Answers for Pals
More Recommended Reading
- Trivia in Spanish Quiz Questions
- Ecology Trivia Questions Environmental Quiz
- Geography Trivia Questions for the Beginner
- Science Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- IPL Trivia Quiz Questions for Challenge Takers
- What is the Mensa IQ test? How to Join Mensa?
- Mensa IQ Practice Test Quiz Free – Eligibility | Good Score
- 100 US State Quizzes Online, Trivia, Questions, Answers
- Trivia about Blood that Everyone Should Know
- What is the Mensa IQ Test Limit for the Genius
- Prepare for Mensa Test Professionally from Home
- IPL Quiz Questions with Answers for Cricket Fans
- Rugby Trivia Questions for the Fans
- Animal Trivia Questions Quiz for Knowledge
- Word Trivia Questions – Challenging Vocabulary
- Chemistry Trivia Questions – Quiz for Learning
- 350+ US History Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- 200 General Trivia Questions Answers Random