Cricket is a popular game that has much thill, learning, challenges, and thrill. This Cricket Quiz will provide you the interesting facts about cricket to at you should know. What does a traditional day pan out like? What do you eat or learn? Okay, I might go on however already you’re in all probability questioning the place that is going. Earlier than I accomplish that, you’ve two choices. Welcome! Don’t be fooled into pondering that is any strange quiz. This could be one of the best cricket quizzes you’ve ever achieved.
Oh, sure it’s an interesting Cricket Quiz. Loosen your brain tissues, limber up for some Cricket Quiz fiendishness and over six superior questions, put together to be dazzled and amazed. Intriguing information, Can’t say fairer than that before you have solved this Cricket Quiz. There is no concrete proof that Oliver Cromwell’s government outlawed cricket in particular, and references to it during the interregnum imply that the authorities were okay with the sport as long as there was no “breach of the Sabbath.” Explore cricket quiz questions with options and answers. It is said that participation in village games led to the broad adoption of cricket by the nobles during this period. After the Civil War ended in 1648, the new Puritan government repressed “illegal meetings,” especially rowdier pursuits like football. Their laws also demanded a tighter observance of the Sabbath than before. Since the Sabbath was the only day that the lower classes had off throughout the Commonwealth, cricket may have lost some of its charms. However, it did flourish at publically supported organizations like Winchester and St. Paul’s.
After the Restoration in 1660, cricket flourished and is said to have attracted the first high-stakes gamblers during this period. It’s probable that elite contests started, as some historians assume. The “Cavalier” Parliament approved the Gaming Act 1664 in 1664, limiting bets to £100, which was nevertheless a large sum at the time and is comparable to around £16,000 today. Enjoy cricket quiz questions with options and answers. By the end of the 17th century, cricket had developed into a sizable gambling sport, as shown by a newspaper account of a “big match” staged in Sussex in 1697, which was played 11-a-side and for high bets of 50 guineas each side. Cricket could be reported about in newspapers for the first time when press freedom was established in 1696. But it took a while for the newspaper business to adjust enough to offer regular, much alone thorough, coverage of the game. Press coverage during the early part of the 18th century frequently emphasized betting rather than playing.
Cricket quiz questions with options and answers
1. Which bowler never conceded a six?
2. Which bowler was the fastest to take 100 ODI wickets?
3. Who is the fastest bowler to take 100 Test wickets?
4. Who is the fastest 50 wicket-taker in ODI cricket?
5. Who is the most wicket-taker in the world?
6. West Indies was the runner up in World Cup once in history. True/ False?
7. Who holds the record for most One Day International wickets?
8. How many times Sri Lanka became Runner up in World CUp?
9. 2011 World Cup was hosted by
10. Who is the king of t20?
11. Who hit most sixes in the test?
12. Which fast bowler has the most Test wickets?
13. Which fast bowler has the most wickets?
14. Which fast bowler has the most Test wickets?
15. Which fast bowler has the most wickets in ODI?
16. Which batsman was the fastest to get to 20 ODI centuries?
17. Who is the fastest century in ODI?
18. Which batsman hit the fastest test century in the history of the game?
19. Which bowler was the fastest to take 100 Test wickets?
20. Who is the fastest 200 wicket-taker in Test cricket?
21. Who took the fastest 400 wickets in Test?
22. Who is the fastest Test bowler?
23. Who is the best yorker bowler?
24. Who is the slowest bowler in the world?
25. Who invented the Yorker?
26. Who is the fastest spinner?
27. Why is the doosra banned?
28. Who invented googly?
29. Who bowled the first doosra?
30. Who bowled the first reverse swing?
31. What is a Jaffa in cricket?
32. What is the slowest Test century?
33. Who hit the first 6 sixes in an over in the first-class cricket?
34. Who hit the first 6 sixes in a T20 over?
35. Who was the first bowler to concede 6 sixes in an over?
36. Who was the captain of West Indies Champion cricket team in 1975?
37. Who was the captain of the West Indies Champion cricket team in 1979?
38. The first World Cup cricket was help in which year?
39. Only one team has 50+ win percent in the WC against Australia. which is that team?
40. Which player has the best bowling average and the best bowling strike rate in the world cup?
41. India registered their first win against this team in WC 2015 having lost all the previous WC matches against them. which team are we talking about?
42. Which team has gone past the preliminary round in cwc on most occasions?
43. Who is the youngest player to be a part of WC final win?
44. Who has a unique record of featuring in only three World Cup finals and being on the winning side in all those?
45. 8 batsmen got out for a duck in one of the WC finals; the highest in an ODI. which WC edition final marked this record?
46. Adam Gilchrist holds the record for scoring the fastest fifty in a World Cup final off just 33 balls. In which edition he recorded this feat?
47. Which was the first team to remain unbeaten throughout an edition of the ODI World Cup?
48. Two players have bagged four ducks in a single CWC edition. Ireland's Kyle McCallan in 2007 is one of them. Who is the other player?
49. Imran Khan missed Pakistan's penultimate game in the 1975 CWC against West Indies. What was the reason?
50. Which two players have hit the most number of sixes in the history of the ODI World Cup?
51. Which player has batted most times in the World Cup without being dismissed for a duck?
52. Which team scored most 400 runs in ODI?
53. Which team scored most 300 runs in ODI?
54. How many overs are needed in a ODI if it rains?
55. What is the mathematical formulation designed to calculate the target score for the team batting second in a limited-overs cricket match interrupted by weather or other circumstances?
56. Shahid Afridi used whose bat to hit the fastest ever ODI century?
57. Who is the only batsman to hit a six off the first ball of a Test match?
58. Who was born on 8-4-63 and he scored 8463 Test runs?
59. Who has played International cricket and Davis Cup (Tennis) for his country?
60. Who played Test cricket till he was 52?
61. Who played 153 consecutive Test matches?
62. Which nation beat England by 45 runs in the first-ever cricket Test as well as the Centenary Test in 1977?
63. The 2000 Lord's Test between England and West Indies saw all the four innings being played on the same day.
64. On the morning of 11/11/11 which team needed 111 runs to win at 11:11?
65. Who is the only bowler to take a hat-trick on his birthday?
66. Who is the only cricketer to be dismissed for handling the ball and obstructing the field?
67. Who is the only cricketer to be hanged for murder?
68. Two Robin Singhs have played Test cricket for which team and both never got to play after their debut Test?
69. Who played for Pakistan before India?
70. Cricket has been played in Olympic only once in which year?
71. The first Women World Cup was held two years before the Mens in which year?
72. How many years it took to hit the first ball a six of a test match?
73. What is the only country to win the 60-Over, 50-Over, and 20-Over World Cup?
74. There's an uncanny similarity between the Indo-Pak match at the Australasia Cup of 1986 and Asia Cup 2014
75. Who is the only bowler to dismiss Don Bradman hit wicket in Test cricket?
76. Who is the only cricketer to play Test cricket for India and England is
77. How many batsmen bat on all five days of a Test?
78. Who was the first batsman to bat on all five days?
79. Who was out off the first ball of a Test match thrice in his career?
80. Vinod Kambli's Test match average is better than his childhood friend Sachin Tendulkar.
81. Who has captained his team for 331 international matches the maximum followed by Ricky Ponting?
82. Who blasted the fastest ever Test Century on just 54 balls, in his last test match?
83. In the last match of his career, which batsman batted for 3 days and scored 201 not out?
84. In the sport of cricket, who is a lower-order batsman who comes in to bat higher up the order than usual near the end of the day's play?
85. Who has the record of the highest individual score (201) as a night-watchman in Test cricket?
86. Who became the first pair of wicket keepers to bowl in the same test?
87. Which country conceded the most extars in a test match histoy?
88. Which country has the highest run rate in test innings?
89. What is the lowest total of all time in test innings?
90. Who has the fewest deliveries to pick five wickets?
91. Who has the longest single over bowling record?
92. What is the highest score in one over?
93. Who holds the world record of the highest number of consecutive maiden overs in a Test match?
94. Who has the longest six in cricket?
95. Who missed his maiden test century in cricket, caught out on a wrong decision at 99?
96. Who scored a duck after playing 77 deliveries against South Africa in 1999?
97. Bating on 11, who scored 98, the top score of the innings and the World Record for any last batsman in test history?
98. Who has the highest Test batting average for any Indian batsman- 54.20?
99. Who has wicket with the first ball in women's T20I career?
100. Who has wicket with the first ball in T20 history?
101. Who has wicket with the first ball in test history?
102. Who has wicket with the first ball in ODI history?
103. Which South African batsman defended the last ball bowled while they need a single to win to enter the Super Sixes stage?
104. Who scored 165* of Australia's total of 245 contributing 67.35% of the total, the maximum percentage of runs scored by a single batsman, out of the team's total runs in test to date?
105. Who is the only man to have taken a wicket off what was technically the 0th ball of his T20I career.?
106. Which India captain against Pakistan in 1978, became the first captain to concede an international cricket match?
107. India has so far kept a 100% win record in World Cups with 6-0 in ODIs and 5-0 in T20 World Cup while Pakistan is 11-9 ahead while they lead 74-56 in 131 ODIs so far.
108. In 1939, South Africa vs England game went into the 10th day with England chasing 696. They were 654-5 in one position with just 42 more runs needed.
109. Which team played on of the shortest test matches in the history of cricket, winning against West Indies by an inning and 39 runs in just under 2 days?
110. Talebulamaineiilikenamainavaleniveivakabulaimainakulalakebalau – “returned alive from Nankula hospital at Lakeba Island in the Lau group” is what?
111. What is the only Rule that never changed?
112. Who holds the record for the overall most number of dismissals as a wicketkeeper in all formats of the game?
113. Who bowled once in a career and ended with a wicket?
114. Who leads the pack with 12 double centuries while Kumar Sangakkara has 11?
115. Tendulkar’s highest score is 248, Pointing 257, Kallis 224, Dravid 270 and Cook 294 and none had Tripple century or more
116. Who bowled 30.3 over on trot in that innings?
117. Which left-arm orthodox bowler once bowled 131 consecutive dot balls against England back in 1963-64?
118. Alistair Cook – 294 Runs in 2011, Michael Clarke – 329 Runs in 2012 and Brendon McCullum – 302 Runs in 2014 are the three top scorers against India in the 21st century. And they have just one thing in common.
119. Who is the only Indian player to have played more than 100 test matches but not a single World cup match?
120. The highest number of runs scored in a single over is 77
121. Jack Hobbs scored 199 FC centuries playing for Surrey in the early 19th century.
122. Who played for Yorkshire and the left-arm orthodox took 4204 wickets in 1110 matches?
123. The only time two innings were declared for 0-0 in the test cricket was in 1999-2000 during a game between which teams?
It is believed that the first “county teams” were formed in the years immediately following the Restoration in 1660, especially since members of the nobility were hiring “local experts” from village cricket as the earliest professionals. Gambling brought in the first patrons because some gamblers decided to strengthen their bets by forming their own teams. Share cricket quiz questions with options and answers. There is little doubt that these types of fixtures were being scheduled long before the first game in which the sides utilize county names occurs in 1709. In the 1697 game, Sussex most likely faced off against another county. The most important of the early patrons were a group of nobles and businesspeople who were active starting around 1725. Around this time, journalistic coverage started to become more frequent, possibly due to the patrons’ influence. The 2nd Duke of Richmond, Sir William Gage, Alan Brodrick, and Edwin Stead were some of these persons. For the first time, certain players like Thomas Waymark are mentioned in the media.
Cricket was brought to North America in the 17th century via the English colonies, likely before it ever made it to the north of England. It spread to other regions of the world in the 18th century. In the first part of the century, colonists brought it to the West Indies and East India Company sailors brought it to India. It came to Australia nearly immediately after the start of colonization in 1788. Solve cricket quiz questions with options and answers. In the early 19th century, South Africa and New Zealand followed. Despite efforts by the upper class to promote cricket as a means of connecting with the “mother country,” it never took off in Canada. In contrast to Australia and the West Indies, Canada experienced a steady fall in the game’s popularity from 1860 to 1960. The game was never well-liked by the ordinary populace since it was associated with an elite sport. It was up against baseball during the summer. Baseball was substituted for cricket by Canadian troops stationed in France during the First World War.
It is unclear when the fundamental laws of cricket, including the bat and ball, the wicket, the size of the field, the number of overs, how out, etc., were first established. The Duke of Richmond and Alan Brodick drafted Articles of Agreement in 1728 to specify the rules of a certain game, and this became a frequent practice, particularly in regard to the payment of stake money and the distribution of profits given the significance of gambling. The Laws of Cricket were initially defined in 1744 and later revised in 1774 to include innovations like lbw, middle stump, and maximum bat width. Bookmark cricket quiz questions with options and answers free online MCQ. According to these statutes, “the principals shall select two umpires from among the gentlemen present who shall finally determine any disagreements.” The so-called “Star and Garter Club,” whose members later established the Marylebone Cricket Club at Lord’s in 1787, was responsible for creating the codes. The MCC immediately assumed custody of the Laws and has since made a number of updates and codifications.
Other Recommended Quizzes
- 55 World History Trivia Questions for Any Competition
- 51 Good True or False Questions to Ask Anyone
- 99 World Geography Questions to Be An Intellectual
- 70 Cinephilia Disney True or False Questions
- 60 Funny True or False Questions and Answers
- 300 General Knowledge Quiz for Kids under 10
- 100 Basic Knowledge Questions to Answer 100%
- 60 History Trivia for Kids with Scholastic Mind
- 50 Mastermind History Trivia Questions for Kids
- 100 Challenger General Knowledge Test Practice
- 100 Hard History Trivia Questions Answers Printable
More Recommended Reading
- Trivia in Spanish Quiz Questions
- Ecology Trivia Questions Environmental Quiz
- Geography Trivia Questions for the Beginner
- Science Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- IPL Trivia Quiz Questions for Challenge Takers
- What is the Mensa IQ test? How to Join Mensa?
- Mensa IQ Practice Test Quiz Free – Eligibility | Good Score
- 100 US State Quizzes Online, Trivia, Questions, Answers
- Trivia about Blood that Everyone Should Know
- What is the Mensa IQ Test Limit for the Genius
- Prepare for Mensa Test Professionally from Home
- IPL Quiz Questions with Answers for Cricket Fans
- Rugby Trivia Questions for the Fans
- Animal Trivia Questions Quiz for Knowledge
- Word Trivia Questions – Challenging Vocabulary
- Chemistry Trivia Questions – Quiz for Learning
- 350+ US History Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- 200 General Trivia Questions Answers Random