Do you like to solve some easy sports trivia questions with multiple-choice quizzes with answers? It’s easy to solve this easy sports trivia, but the outcome is great and everlasting. The learning you will have after solving this easy sports trivia, you can challenge any competition. Easy sports trivia is collected from many sources, it’s easy and shareable with others so they also improve through this easy sports trivia.
Given that sport appears to be engaged in the development of fundamental human capacities, studying the history of sport can provide insights into both societal changes and the nature of sport (compare play). Solve easy sports trivia questions MCQ quizzes with answers. Theories about the origins and goals of sports become harder to justify as one digs deeper into history due to limited evidence. It has ties to military training going all the way back to the origins of the sport. For instance, contests were utilized to assess candidates’ suitability and utility for service. Team sports were used to prepare for combat in the military and demonstrate athletes’ ability to cooperate as a team (military unit).
A number of sports, including wrestling, weightlifting, long jump, swimming, rowing, archery, fishing, and athletics, as well as different types of ball games, were well-developed and regulated in ancient Egypt, according to monuments to the pharaohs discovered at Beni Hasan that date to around 2000 BCE. Share easy sports trivia questions quizzes with MCQ answers. Other Egyptian sports included high jumping and javelin throwing. The tomb of Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum in Saqqara has an older depiction of wrestlers that dates to about 2400 BCE.
One of the first historical accounts of sport is found in The Epic of Gilgamesh when Gilgamesh engages in a type of belt wrestling with Enkidu. The story’s cuneiform tablets date to roughly 2000 BCE, although the actual Gilgamesh is thought to have lived between 2800 and 2600 BCE. In the Self-praise of Shulgi A, B, and C, the Sumerian king Shulgi also brags about his sporting skill. In Ur excavations, fishing hooks like modern ones have been discovered, providing proof of angling in Sumer circa 2600 BCE.
Hurling in Ancient Ireland, shinty in Scotland, harpastum (a sport similar to rugby) in Rome, cuju (a sport akin to association football) in China, and polo in Persia are among the sports that date back at least two and a half thousand years. Over three thousand years ago, the Mesoamerican game of baseball was invented. Enjoy easy sports trivia questions multiple choice quizzes with MCQ answers. The earliest known ball sport is said to have been the Mayan game of Pitz, which dates back to about 2500 BCE. Sports may have been popular among the Chinese as early as 2000 BCE, according to artifacts and constructions. It suggests that gymnastics was a well-liked sport in ancient China.
Easy sports trivia questions multiple choice quiz with answers
1. The high jump was first practiced in which country in the 19th century?
2. Sumo is the name of which sports?
3. What are the 6 volleyball positions?
4. The game of volleyball was invented in 1895 by
5. What is a 6'3 in volleyball?
6. What does S mean in volleyball?
7. What is the hardest volleyball position?
8. The oldest Association football trophy is the
9. Basketball was demonstrated in the Olympic for the first time in
10. How many players are there in a team in basketball?
11. FIBA is the highest governing body for which game?
12. First-ever ODI fifty was done by
13. First-ever century in the World Cup cricket was accomplished by
14. Which batsman has the highest strike rate in ODI?
15. Which batsman has the highest ODI century?
16. Which Australian has the most number of centuries for the nation.
17. Which Srilankan has the most number of fifties for the nation.
18. Which batsman has the most number of fifties in ODI?
19. The fastest football kick is 129 km/h (80.1 mph) achieved by
20. What was the first winter sport to be included in the Olympics?
21. Tennis player Roger Federer is the top-ranking athlete in Forbes' most powerful list. Where is he from?
22. The highest match run aggregated, (714-13 runs in 100 overs) in the world cup cricket was held between which countries?
23. Why is it called soccer?
24. What sport is the hardest?
25. What's the easiest sport?
26. What's the most skillful sport?
27. What is the hardest sport mentally?
28. What is the gayest sport in the world?
29. What is the greatest sport of all time?
30. What is the most physically exhausting sport?
31. What sport loses the most weight?
32. How many miles is a soccer game?
33. What is America's greatest sport?
34. What is the most popular sport in Spain?
35. What is the most popular sport in Japan?
36. What is the hardest sport in the Olympics?
37. What is the most popular sport in China?
38. What is the most popular women's sport?
39. What is the national sport of Greece?
40. What sport is most popular in Asia?
41. How many players in a netball team?
42. Wicket Keeper is a position in which game?
43. The "winger" is a position of which sport?
44. The Point Guard (PG) is a position in which sports?
45. What's the hardest position in soccer?
46. What is the most popular position in soccer?
47. Fastest fifty in ODI cricket
48. What's the safest sport?
49. What position is G in football?
50. The first written Laws of Cricket was came into action in
51. Who was the first woman cricketer to play One-Day International cricket over a period of 20 years?
52. Who hit the first 200 in ODI?
53. Who is the youngest cricketer in the world?
54. What do you call a female batsman?
55. Which country started t20 cricket?
56. Which team scored most 400 in ODI?
57. Who is the youngest Test cricket captain?
58. Who is the youngest footballer?
59. Who is the first century in cricket?
60. Who hit the biggest six in cricket history?
61. What is a cross bat in cricket?
62. What is the lowest score in ODI?
63. Who is the fastest bowler in the world?
64. Introduced at the 1964 Tokyo Games, what was the first Olympic team sport for female athletes?
65. You can fit around 15 bicycles in the same space that one car occupies. T/F
66. The modern game originated as a form of rugby football played in rivers and lakes in England and Scotland with a ball constructed of Indian rubber. T/F
67. What is a ball sport played on a hard court, smaller than a football pitch, and mainly indoors. It has similarities to five-a-side football?
68. Is Futsal a part of Olympic?
69. How many players are there in a Futsal team?
70. What is the difference between soccer and futsal?
71. Who has the Fastest Serve in tennis?
72. Who served 113 aces in his historic win over Nicolas Mahut at the 2010 Wimbledon Championships
73. Longest Match In Professional Tennis History
74. Association Of Tennis Professionals was formed in
75. Tennis Ball Weight
76. Youngest Wimbledon Champion – Men
77. Shortest Grand Slam Final
78. Most Grand Slam Singles Titles – Men
79. Most Grand Slam Singles Titles – Women
80. Roland Garros – What does it stand for ?
81. How many types of events are there in athletics?
82. When did athletics become professional?
83. Who is the father of athletics?
84. Where did athletics come from?
85. Which game is called mother of all games?
86. What is the difference between sports and athletics?
87. What is the least popular sport in the world?
88. Which sport is called the gentleman's game?
89. Is chess a sport or game?
90. Which came first rugby or football?
91. What is the oldest sport?
92. Which country invented rugby?
93. Who is the number 1 ranked rugby team in the world?
94. What is a game similar to baseball played with a larger ball (11 to 16 in. circumference) on a field that has base lengths of 60 feet?
95. Why is a softball called a softball?
96. Is Softball an Olympic game?
97. Netball is a ball sport played by two teams of how mnay players?
98. What is the difference between netball and basketball?
99. Is netball an Olympic sport?
100. Who has the 200-meter Olympic games record?
101. What is the oldest Olympic record still standing?
102. Which country has the most Olympic world records?
103. Who has broken the most world records in the Olympics?
104. Who has won the most Olympic medals of all time?
105. Which country has the most number of olympic gold medals?
106. What country has had the most Olympics?
107. What country has won the most Summer Olympic medals?
108. Which country has the most Olympic medals per capita?
109. Which country is banned from the Olympics 2020?
110. What 2 continents have never hosted the Olympics?
111. Who is the fastest swimmer in the world?
112. Which country is the most athletic?
113. Which country has never won an Olympic medal?
114. Who is the most successful Olympian?
115. Who won the first modern Olympic medal?
116. Why are there only 5 Olympic rings when there are 7 continents?
117. Which country has hosted the most Olympics?
118. What is the world record for archery?
119. Which country is the best in Table Tennis
120. Which country is the best in Volleyball?
121. Which country is the best in Tennis?
122. Which country is the best in Hockey?
123. Which country is the best in Fencing?
124. Which country is the best in Weightlifting?
It appears that Upper Paleolithic wrestling and running are depicted in cave paintings discovered in the Lascaux caves in France circa 15,300 years ago. Neolithic (about 7000 BCE) cave paintings from the Mongolian Bayankhongor Province depict a wrestling contest surrounded by spectators. Stick to easy sports trivia questions multiple choice quizzes with MCQ answers. Archery and swimming were both practiced in approximately 10,000 BCE, according to Neolithic rock art discovered in the Swimmers’ Cave in Wadi Sura, close to Gilf Kebir in Egypt. Japanese prehistoric cave drawings show a sport like sumo wrestling.
The Sumerian civilization’s stone slabs feature a variety of depictions of wrestlers on them. One that depicted three wrestler couples was typically dated to circa 3000 BCE. A cast bronze sculpture from approximately 2600 BCE that depicts two individuals in a wrestling hold—possibly the base of a vase—has been discovered near Khafaji in Iraq. Ponder over easy sports trivia questions and multiple-choice quizzes with MCQ answers. The monument, which is kept at the National Museum of Iraq, is one of the oldest representations of sport. Boxing’s beginnings may also be found in ancient Sumer.
Accordingly, a painting from 1500 BCE depicts gymnastics in the form of sacred bull-leaping and probably bullfighting. This is an example of how Bronze Age Minoan art from Crete depicted ceremonial sporting events. Greek sports festivals may have their roots in Mycenean funeral games, which took place between 1600 and 1100 BCE. Find more easy sports trivia questions and multiple-choice quizzes with MCQ answers. The Iliad contains in-depth accounts of funeral games conducted in memory of fallen soldiers, such as those Achilles hosted for Patroclus. It is said that playing sports is the pastime of the affluent and noble who has no need to perform manual labor themselves. In the Odyssey, king Odysseus of Ithaca uses his prowess with the javelin to demonstrate his regal rank to king Alkinoös of the Phaiakes.
Sports were first publicly introduced in Greece when the first Olympic Games were held at Olympia in 776 BCE and continued there until 393 CE. These competitions were held every four years, or every Olympiad, which evolved into a measurement of time in historical timelines. The Olympics began as a single sprinting competition before progressively adding various footraces, some of which were raced in armor or while naked, boxing, wrestling, pankration, chariot racing, long jump, javelin throw, and discus throwing. Bookmark easy sports trivia questions multiple choice quizzes with MCQ answers. An Olympic Truce was established during the celebration of the games to allow athletes to travel in safety from their nations to the games. Laurel leaf wreaths served as the winners’ awards.
The Isthmian Games, the Nemean Games, and the Pythian Games were other significant athletic competitions in ancient Greece. These events made up the Panhellenic Games and were the most prestigious competitions besides the Olympics. In addition to traditional sporting activities, certain games, like the Panathenaia of Athens, offered musical, literary, and other non-athletic competitions. The first known female sports event was the Heraean Games, which were staged in Olympia in the sixth century BCE.
Zourkhaneh, a classic Iranian martial art, is one of the ancient Persian sports. Polo and jousting are two other sports that have their roots in Persia. A polished bone object dating to roughly 5000 BCE that was discovered in Eva in Tennessee, United States, has been suggested as a potential sports object used in a “ring and pin” game. Many South Asian traditional sports are said to date back thousands of years. Compete over easy sports trivia questions multiple choice quizzes with MCQ answers. For example, kabaddi and kho-kho may have been referenced in the Mahabharata, while atya-patya may have been mentioned in the Naiai, which was written about 300 CE.
Other Recommended Quizzes
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- Easy World History Trivia Questions and Answers
- 90 Multiple Choice Questions on Laws of Motion with Answers
- 100 Fall Trivia Questions Answers for Adults Printable
- 100 Pantomath True or False Questions to Ask Friends
- 100 Curious Mind True or False Questions and Answers
- 100 Basic Human Body Trivia Questions U Must Know
- 50 Aggressive True or False Questions with Answers
- 50 Practical Torts Multiple Choice Questions for All
- 300 Friends Trivia Questions and Answers for Pals
More Recommended Quizzes
- Solar System Quiz – Test Your Knowledge Base
- 200 Random Trivia Quiz – A General Knowledge Test
- 50 NASA Trivia Questions Quiz Only for Brilliants
- The invention of All Ages Trivia Questions Answers
- The invention of All Ages Easy Trivia Quiz for All
- 50 Christmas Movie Trivia Quiz for Film Lovers
- 100 Evergreen Astronomy Trivia Questions
- 50 All Time Trivia Questions on Roman Goddess
- 50 Greek God Trivia Questions and Answers
- 200 Random General Knowledge Trivia Quiz
- 30 Marvel Movie Quiz Questions for True Fans
- 200+ Christmas Trivia Quiz Questions Answers
- 25 Italian Basic Trivia Questions One Must Know
- 30 General Knowledge Trivia Question for All
- 50 Disney Trivia for Kids – Adventure for Brave
- General Knowledge Quiz Trivia Random
- The invention of All Ages Trivia Quiz Question
- General Knowledge Trivia Question
- Ancient Civilization Quiz Trivia Questions
- Invention Trivia Questions for Beginners
- 200 Random Trivia Questions Answers Quiz Test
- Periodic Table Trivia Easy Questions and Answers