Valentines day trivia. It got here to be celebrated as a day of romance from concerning the 14th century. There have been a number of Christian martyrs named Valentine and day could have taken its identity from a priest who was martyred about 270 BCE by the emperor Claudius II Gothicus that is found in this valentines day trivia.
This Valentines day trivia tells about Lupercalia who survived the initial rise of Christianity, however, she was outlawed—because it was deemed “un-Christian”–on the finish of the fifth century, when Pope Gelasius declared February 14 St. Valentine’s Day. It was not till a lot later, nonetheless, that the day turned definitively related to love.
Having a specific Valentine’s Day is a really outdated custom, thought to have originated from a Roman pageant, you would find this interesting fact in this Valentines day trivia. The Romans had a pageant known as Lupercalia in the course of February – formally the beginning of their springtime. It is thought that as a part of the celebrations, boys drew names of ladies from a field.
valentine(Noun) An expression of affection, particularly romantic affection, often within the type of greeting card, reward, or message given to an individual the thing of affection, particularly on February 14th. Such an extravagant valentine was surprising here in Valentines day trivia.
Let’s solve this Valentines day trivia!
Valentines day trivia
1. The God of Love in Roman Mythology is called what?
2. Who said, "God's sake hold your tongue and let me love"?
3. Rosa 'Ingrid Bergman' is
4. What does S.W.A.L.K stand for?
5. The God of Love in Greek Mythology is called what?
6. What was first created by Pope Gelasius in 500 AD, then deleted from the Roman Calendar of Saints by Pope Paul Vl in 1969?
7. Which of these languages does “Te Amo” NOT mean “I Love You”?
8. Is the Valentine's day the biggest holiday for the flower industry in the U.S.?
9. "Valentine" was the name given to which kind of early Christian?
10. What is the "love drug" in chocolate that triggers the release of the same chemicals in the human body as falling in love?
11. Pat Austin is a
12. According to the Legenda Aurea, or The Golden Legend, a fictional work written by Jacobus de Voragine around 1260 AD, who wrote the very first Valentine’s message on the eve of his execution?
13. Who gets the most valentines?
14. "Je t'aime!" is the meaning of "I Love You" in which language?
15. According to Statistic Brain, what's a more popular gift in the U.S. - flowers or candy?
16. Some roses grow into a fruit. What is it called?
17. What would Juliet's name have been if she had married Romeo?
18. In 1835, how many Valentine's cards were sent in Britain, in spite of high post costs?
19. “The Power of Love” was a top 20 hit for which of the following?
20. Who did the fictional St Valentine send his message to?
21. Red Passion is a kind of gift for Valentine. What is this?
22. What sign of the zodiac would you be if you were born on Valentine's Day?
23. Who was the legendary Benedictine monk who invented champagne?
24. Who is the first poet known to have written: “Roses are red, violets are blue”?
25. What's the 2nd most popular flower on Valentine's day after the rose?
26. What had St Valentine allegedly done for his jailer’s daughter?
27. Which was Shakespeare’s most romantic play?
28. According to Roman mythology, Cupid is the son of which goddess?
29. What was this fictional St Valentine being executed for?
30. How many million Valentine's cards (approximately) are sent in the U.S. each year?
31. What is considered to be the language of love?
32. Around half of the wedding proposals in the U.S. happen on Valentine's day. True/ False?
33. As well as being the unofficial patron saint of love, what occupation is St Valentine also believed to be the patron of?
34. If a woman sees a Robin on Valentine’s Day, what kind of man is she said to marry?
35. "Ti amo" is the meaning of "I Love You" in which language?
36. In 2018, how many Americans decided to eat out on Valentine's day?
37. Valentine's Day began in which country?
38. The British Museum holds a letter believed to be the oldest valentine still in existence. Who wrote it?
39. "Jeg elsker deg" is the meaning of "I Love You" in which language?
40. How many people in the U.S. plan to buy Valentine's gifts for their pets, according to Bing?
41. True or False - Men buy more Valentine's Day cards than women.
42. Today we associate love with the heart, but this wasn’t always the case. In medieval times, which internal organ was believed to cause love?
43. How much does an average American spend on Valentine's day?
44. Oxytocin can build attachments to friends & family members as well as romantic partners. True/ False?
45. Which one of these celebrities appeared on the dating game show Blind Date before they were famous?
46. In the 18th century, sailors used to give their wives and girlfriends a "busk valentine." What was this?
47. "Ik houd van je" is the meaning of "I Love You" in which language?
48. What effect does oxytocin crossing dopamine pathways have on the feelings of love?
49. Which of the following is NOT considered an aphrodisiac?
50. Which Shakespearian character said "Good morrow". 'Tis St. Valentine's Day?
51. In which year did Pope Gelasius declare February 14th to be St. Valentine’s Day?
52. Jealous of Psyche’s beauty, Venus asked Cupid to make Psyche fall in love with some mean and horrible men, but her plan backfired. What happened instead?
53. Endorphins not only help develop feelings of attachment but also
54. Which one of these can you NOT hire as a wedding venue?
55. A poem called The Parliament of Fowls, which describes a man’s dream of Cupid preparing his arrows in the Temple of Venus, is usually held to be the first cultural link between St Valentine and romance. Who wrote the poem?
56. In Japan, what do women give men on Valentine’s Day?
57. What is the term used when two people on a date pay for their own meals?
58. "Is breá liom tú" is the meaning of "I Love You" in which language?
59. What is a Vinegar Valentine?
60. There is a town in the US called Valentine. Which state is it in?
61. That stage from about 6 months to the first year of a new relationship is called:
62. "Minä rakastan sinua" is the meaning of "I Love You" in which language?
63. Nigella is not only the name of a cook, it’s the name of a flower, but what is its common name?
64. If you’re quick to show your feelings, where do you wear your heart?
65. "я люблю тебя" is the meaning of "I Love You" in which language?
66. What colour M & M is thought to be an aphrodisiac?
67. Endorphins are released to help build feelings of attachment after about how long?
68. "أحبك" is the meaning of "I Love You" in which language?
69. Who said, “Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all”?
70. Which Shakespeare play features Valentine and Proteus?
71. "我愛你" is the meaning of "I Love You" in which language?
72. "Ami Tomake Bhalobashi" is the meaning of "I Love You" in which language?
73. Norepinephrine not only gets released during the attraction, but also during
74. Complete this line from My Heart Will Go On: "Far across the distance and _____ between us"
75. What is the approximate date of the first Valentine ever sent?
76. What is the heart made of in the famous Neil Young's song?
77. "I'm so in love I cannot eat or sleep!" this situation is caused by
78. Who led the Chicago gangsters behind the St Valentine's Day Massacre in 1929?
79. What about the catchy Blondie's song from 1978, what is the heart made of?
80. Jane Austen wrote about the love story of Mr. Darcy and _________.
81. Which symbol does New York’s Empire State Building illuminate on every Valentine’s Day?
82. giddiness around someone we like, decreased appetite and inability to stop thinking about another person are the outcome of the chemical reaction of what?
83. One of Selena Gomez's songs is called The Heart Needs What It Needs. True/ False?
84. What kind of heart does Sia sing about in her 2013 hit?
85. Who played the title role in the film Shirley Valentine?
86. What is one way that nature ensures humans reproduce and continue the survival of our species?
87. Which Gossip Girl did Deadpool actor Ryan Reynolds marry?
88. ____ of My Heart is one of the most known Sting's songs.
89. Portia de Rossi is the wife of _______.
90. Which singer had a Top Ten hit, in 1961, with Cupid?
91. The word "heart" is NOT mentioned in Adele's When We Were Young. True/ False?
92. Scientifically, the heart is responsible for the feelings of love we experience. True/ False
93. Which Scottish poet wrote A Red, Red Rose?
94. British Prince Harry found true love with the Californian actress _______.
95. In the Twilight series, Bella Swan married which Cullen?
96. Dependence on another person, impulse control, and overpowering feelings of love causes of the chemical reactions of what?
97. What was the name of the small heart-shaped sweets, manufactured by Swizzel, which had short romantic messages printed on them?
98. Who survived the initial rise of Christianity but was outlawed—as it was deemed “un-Christian”–at the end of the 5th century, when Pope Gelasius declared February 14 St. Valentine's Day?
99. Every year, around 9 million people buy their pets as a
100. Oxytocin is released in men after they first see their newborn child. True/ False?
101. Daffodil can be toxic for other flowers in a vase. Which flower has a similar "side-effect"?
102. February 14th is the second-largest card-giving day of the year, just after
103. Which was one of the first to mass-produce a Valentine’s Day card, all the way back in 1913?
104. Oxytocin is a hormone that has been given what nickname due to its effect on people in love?
105. What European country is famous, among other things, for its amazing tulip fields?
106. In 2015, What percentage of women send themselves flowers?
107. Norepinephrine is a chemical released during attraction that may also cause
108. Southern France, in its turn, attracts many tourists with these fields. What flower is that?
109. Valentine's Day is named after Saint Valentine, a Catholic priest who lived in Rome in which Century?
110. The word "aster" comes from Ancient Greek. What does it mean?
111. Who started Valentine's Day?
112. Phenylethylamine, a chemical that makes you feel "head over heels," is also found in what food?
113. In 1993, Nirvana recorded a song named after a flower. Which one?
114. Thistle is the national symbol of which country?
Other Recommended Quizzes
- 55 World History Trivia Questions for Any Competition
- 51 Good True or False Questions to Ask Anyone
- 99 World Geography Questions to Be An Intellectual
- 70 Cinephilia Disney True or False Questions
- 60 Funny True or False Questions and Answers
- 300 General Knowledge Quiz for Kids under 10
- 100 Basic Knowledge Questions to Answer 100%
- 60 History Trivia for Kids with Scholastic Mind
- 50 Mastermind History Trivia Questions for Kids
- 100 Challenger General Knowledge Test Practice
- 100 Hard History Trivia Questions Answers Printable
More Recommended Reading
- Trivia in Spanish Quiz Questions
- Ecology Trivia Questions Environmental Quiz
- Geography Trivia Questions for the Beginner
- Science Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- IPL Trivia Quiz Questions for Challenge Takers
- What is the Mensa IQ test? How to Join Mensa?
- Mensa IQ Practice Test Quiz Free – Eligibility | Good Score
- 100 US State Quizzes Online, Trivia, Questions, Answers
- Trivia about Blood that Everyone Should Know
- What is the Mensa IQ Test Limit for the Genius
- Prepare for Mensa Test Professionally from Home
- IPL Quiz Questions with Answers for Cricket Fans
- Rugby Trivia Questions for the Fans
- Animal Trivia Questions Quiz for Knowledge
- Word Trivia Questions – Challenging Vocabulary
- Chemistry Trivia Questions – Quiz for Learning
- 350+ US History Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- 200 General Trivia Questions Answers Random