Dallas Cowboys Trivia is made based on basic as well as advanced information on this professional US team, which is popular for its style, brand, and performance. Here you will get 100 Dallas Cowboys Trivia that you should be able to solve very easily. Dallas Cowboys Triviacan be shared with others and also you will be able to discuss your knowledge with your team and friends after solving this Dallas Cowboys Trivia.
The Dallas Cowboys are a Dallas-Fort Worth-based professional American football club. The National Football Conference (NFC) East division is where the Cowboys participate in the National Football League (NFL). Explore Dallas Cowboys MCQ trivia questions and answers on multiple choice tests. The team’s home games are played in Arlington, Texas’s AT&T Stadium, which opened in 2009. The team’s headquarters are in Frisco, Texas. Prior to the 2013 season, the stadium adopted its present name. The hiring of Mike McCarthy as the Cowboys’ head coach was announced in January 2020. In the team’s history, he is the eighth player. Jason Garrett, who led the club from 2010 to 2019, is succeeded by McCarthy.
In 1960, the Cowboys became an expansion franchise in the NFL. The NFL record of consecutive sell-outs for the club may be the strongest indicator of its widespread support. Beginning in 2002, the Cowboys played 190 consecutive regular-season and postseason home and road games to capacity crowds. Enjoy Dallas Cowboys MCQ trivia questions and answers on multiple-choice tests. With eight Super Bowl appearances, the team is tied with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Denver Broncos for the second-most in history, only behind the New England Patriots’ record-breaking eleven Super Bowl appearances.
According to Forbes, the Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports team in the world as of 2015, when they became the first club in sports to be valued at $4 billion. The Cowboys also set a record for a U.S. sports franchise in 2014 with $620 million in revenue. Additionally, they made Forbes’ list of the most valuable NFL teams for the 12th consecutive year in 2018 and became the first NFL franchise to have a $5 billion valuation.
Since the Dallas Texans disbanded in 1952 after just one season, there had not been an NFL franchise south of Washington, D.C., until the Dallas Cowboys were founded. After two businessmen unsuccessfully sought to gain Dallas a franchise in the NFL, Lamar Hunt formed the American Football League with a group of owners, which caused the NFL to add more clubs than its original twelve. Share Dallas Cowboys MCQ trivia questions and answers on multiple choice tests. Despite George Preston Marshall, owner of the Washington Redskins, having a monopoly in the South, oilman Clint Murchison Jr. continued in his efforts to bring a franchise to Dallas (after the addition of Dallas, the South would see three further teams – NFL teams in Atlanta and New Orleans, and an AFL team in Miami – added in the next six years).
Dallas Cowboys MCQ trivia questions and answers
1. Who founded the Dallas Cowboys?
2. On what date the Dallas Cowboys was formed?
3. Who is the most famous and the best Dallas Cowboy player?
4. Who owned Dallas Cowboys before Jerry Jones?
5. Who was the best Dallas Cowboys quarterback?
6. Who was the first Dallas Cowboy quarterback?
7. Why do the Dallas Cowboys always wear white?
8. What was the original name of the Dallas Cowboys?
9. On what date, the Dallas Cowboys was named?
10. Who is the Cowboys' rival?
11. Who has the most touchdowns in Cowboys history?
12. Which Cowboys played 8 straight Pro Bowls?
13. What is the Dallas Cowboys' worst record?
14. What are the most points the Dallas Cowboys have ever scored?
15. Who is the greatest Dallas Cowboy of all time?
16. How many Super Bowls has Dallas lost?
17. What was the Cowboys' best season?
17. Why did Jimmy Johnson leave Dallas Cowboys?
18. What was the Cowboys record in 1996?
19. What are the Cowboys playoff chances?
20. How many games in a row have the Cowboys lost?
21. What year did the Cowboys go 1 and 15?
22. When did Cowboys become America's Team?
23. What was the Dallas Cowboys record in 1988?
24. The team is headquartered in
24. The franchise has made team to the Super Bowl how mnay times?
25. The Cowboys are the only NFL team to record 20 straight winning seasons (1966–85), in which they missed the playoffs only twice (1974 and 1984). T/F?
26. Who is the cowboys' first QB?
27. Who has the most rushing yards in the Cowboys' history?
28. In which year the Dallas Cowboys became the first sports team to be valued at $4 billion, making it the most valuable sports team in the world, according to Forbes?
29. The Cowboys generated $620 million in revenue in which year, a record for a U.S. sports team.
30. In which year they became the first NFL franchise to be valued at $5 billion and making Forbes' list as the most valued NFL team for the 12th straight year.?
31. What was the year the Dallas Cowboys made it to there first super bowl?
32. What year did the Dallas Cowboys win their first Superbowl?
33. How many super bowls have the Cowboys won?
34. What is the name of the cowboys' stadium?
35. AT&T Stadium was built in which year?
36. What is the capacity of AT&T Stadium?
37. Which stadium is sometimes referred to as "Jerry World"?
38. The Cowboys own the most expensive franchise but what is the cost?
39. Which Cowboys receiver made his first Pro Bowl in 2013-14?
40. Which rookie receiver started 8 games for the Cowboys in 2013-14?
41. Which rookie started 16 games for the Cowboys in 2013-14?
42. How many touchdown passes did Tony Romo record for the Dallas Cowboys in 2013-14?
43. Before the 2013-14 season, the Cowboys played at the NFL Hall of Fame game in which state?
44. Which Cowboys player made his 9th Pro Bowl in 2013-14?
45. Which Cowboys player missed all of 2013-14 with an injury?
46. Which are Cowboys running back made his first Pro Bowl in 2013-14?
47. Which Cowboys player had an 86-yard punt return for a touchdown in 2013-14?
48. Who filled in for Tony Romo at quarterback when he missed a game for the Cowboys in 2013-14?
49. Which is Cowboys running back ran for over 1,000 yards in 2013-14?
50. Which defensive end led the Cowboys with 7 sacks in 2013-14?
51. Which linebacker led the Cowboys with 4 interceptions in 2013-14?
52. Which Cowboys receiver had 11 touchdown receptions in 2013-14?
53. Which Pro Bowler left the Cowboys following the 2013-14 season?
54. Which cornerback who played for the Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX also played in a World Series?
55. Which defensive back made the Cowboys 25th anniversary team?
56. Which Cowboys running back was NFL Rookie of the Year in 1961?
57. In February of 2009, the Dallas Cowboys let go of which controversial yet talented cornerback?
58. In March 2009, the Dallas Cowboys let go of which controversial yet productive wide receiver?
59. Which Hall of Fame cornerback recorded over 50 interceptions for the Cowboys?
60. Which Cowboys receiver was the first man to win a Super Bowl and an Olympic gold medal?
61. Which guard set a record for most Pro Bowls by a Cowboys offensive player?
62. Which Cowboys tackle was a member of the 2006 NFL Hall of Fame class?
63. Which Cowboys linebacker recorded 16 fumble recoveries between 1963 and 1976?
64. Which Cowboys player set the franchise sack record before turning 30?
65. Which Cowboys linebacker was the first player to win a Super Bowl MVP award for a losing team?
66. Which Cowboys Ring of Honor defensive back retired at 31 in 1979?
67. Which quarterback led the Cowboys to two NFL Championships before the Super Bowl era?
68. Cowboys receiver Drew Pearson made the NFL all-decade team for which decade?
69. Which defensive end was Co-MVP of Super Bowl XII?
70. Which safety set a Cowboys record by recording 1350 career tackles?
71. During the 2011-12 season, the Cowboys played their home games at which stadium?
72. For the 2011-12 season, the Cowboys finished ahead of which team in the standings?
73. Which player recorded more than 10 receiving touchdowns for the Cowboys during the 2011-12 season?
74. Who started every game at quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys during the 2011-12 season?
75. Who played every game at kicker for the Dallas Cowboys during the 2011-12 season?
76. Who led the Cowboys in receiving during the 2011-12 season?
77. Who led the Cowboys in rushing during the 2011-12 season?
78. Which Cowboys linebacker made the Prow Bowl for the 2011-12 season?
79. Which Cowboys defensive tackle Which Cowboys linebacker made the Prow Bowl for the 2011-12 season?
80. What was the Dallas Cowboys' final record for the 2011-12 season?
81. Who coached the Dallas Cowboys during the 2011-12 season?
82. In early 2009, the Dallas Cowboys traded CB Anthony Henry to the Detroit Lions for what QB?
83. During the 2011-12 season, the Cowboys played their home games at which stadium?
84. Who led the Cowboys in punt return yardage for the 2011-12 season?
85. How many yards rushing did Tony Romo have during the 2009 regular season?
86. Cowboys Stadium is located in which city?
87. Which wide receiver wears number 89 for the Dallas Cowboys?
88. In 2010, The Dallas Cowboys traded what wide receiver to the Chargers for a 7th-round draft pick?
89. What college did Dallas Cowboy wide receiver Miles Austin attend?
90. What college did Dallas Cowboy Demarcus Ware attend?
91. What college did Dallas Cowboy QB Tony Romo attend?
92. Who is the secondary coach for the 2011 Dallas Cowboys?
93. In which city did the Dallas Cowboys hold their 2011 training camp?
94. The 2011 NFL season marks how many seasons for the Dallas Cowboys franchise?
95. Who became the Cowboys' starting quarterback in 1980 after quarterback Roger Staubach retired?
96. Who led the Dallas Cowboys in rushing yards in the 2010 season?
97. Who led the Dallas Cowboys in receiving yards in the 2010 season?
98. Who led the Dallas Cowboys in passing yards in the 2010 season?
99. In what state was Dallas Cowboy quarterback Tony Romo born?
100. In which round was Dallas Cowboy wide receiver Miles Austin drafted in the 2006 draft?
In 1958, Murchison attempted to buy the Washington Redskins from Marshall with the goal of relocating them to Dallas. A contract was reached, but as it was about to be finalized, Marshall demanded a revision in the conditions, which enraged Murchison and caused him to cancel the arrangement. Marshall subsequently opposed Murchison receiving a franchise in Dallas. Marshall’s viewpoint would preclude Murchison from entering the NFL at a time when NFL expansion required unanimity among club owners.
The Redskins battle song, “Hail to the Redskins,” was created by Marshall’s wife, who also wrote the lyrics. Marshall and the band’s leader, Barnee Breeskin, had a falling out. Breeskin, the owner of the song’s rights, was aware of Murchison’s struggle to secure an NFL team. Find Dallas Cowboys MCQ trivia questions and answers on multiple choice tests. Before the expansion vote in 1959, Breeskin, who was upset with Marshall, went to Murchison’s lawyer to give him the song’s rights. Murchison later paid $2,500 for “Hail to the Redskins.”
Murchison informed Marshall that he now owned the song before the 1959 franchise vote and forbade Marshall from playing it during games. The rivalry began when Marshall, the lone vote against Murchison receiving a franchise at the time, unleashed an expletive-laced outburst, which led to Murchison selling the rights to “Hail to the Redskins” back to Marshall in return for his vote. Bookmark Dallas Cowboys MCQ trivia questions and answers on multiple choice tests. In order to create a triumvirate that would oversee the Cowboys’ football operations for three decades, Murchison hired former Los Angeles Rams general manager and CBS Sports executive Tex Schramm as team president and general manager, San Francisco 49ers scout Gil Brandt as head of player personnel, and New York Giants defensive coordinator Tom Landry as head coach.
The Cowboys initially had difficulty, as did other expansion clubs. In their first season, they did not have a single victory. Landry, though, gradually elevated the team’s standing. They ultimately reached.500 in 1965. A year later, they finally made it through, taking home consecutive Eastern Conference championships in 1966 and 1967. Solve Dallas Cowboys MCQ trivia questions and answers on multiple choice tests. The Green Bay Packers defeated them in the NFL Championship Game each time, the second time in the notorious “Ice Bowl.” When the NFL established a divisional structure, they would win back-to-back division titles, only to have the Cleveland Browns upset them each time in the playoffs.
The Cowboys won 105 regular season games from 1970 to 1979, more than any other NFL team during that time. They additionally participated in five Super Bowls, winning two of them (1971 and 1977). The Cowboys enjoyed a 10-4 record in 1970 under the leadership of quarterback Craig Morton. They qualified for their first Super Bowl appearance in franchise history, a mistake-filled Super Bowl V, where they lost 16-13 to the Baltimore Colts thanks to a field goal by Colts kicker Jim O’Brien with five seconds left in the game. Compete over Dallas Cowboys MCQ trivia questions and answers on multiple-choice tests. They defeated Detroit 5-0 in the lowest-scoring playoff game in NFL history and then defeated San Francisco 17-10 in the first-ever NFC Championship Game. Linebacker Chuck Howley was chosen as the Super Bowl MVP despite the fact that his team lost. This is the first and only time in Super Bowl history that the MVP did not come from the victorious side.
In the sixth week of the 1971 season, the Cowboys relocated from the Cotton Bowl to Texas Stadium. Dallas started the second half of the season strong after Landry declared Staubach the team’s regular starting quarterback. Challenge Dallas Cowboys MCQ trivia questions and answers on multiple-choice tests. The Cowboys defeated the Minnesota Vikings and San Francisco 49ers in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl after winning their final seven regular-season games (to finish 11-3) and finished the regular season 11-3. The Cowboys defeated the struggling Miami Dolphins, 24-3, in Super Bowl VI, thanks to an MVP performance from Staubach and a then-Super Bowl record 252 yards rushing. This helped the Cowboys put an end to their reputation as “Next Year’s Champions.”
Other Recommended Trivia
- 111 Hard True or False Questions that Make You Expert
- 200 TV Show Trivia for All Ages with Evergreen Minds
- 50 True or False Trivia to Outrun Anyone You Know
- 55 Funny True or False Questions You Didn’t Know
- 101 General Knowledge Exam for Genuine Learners
- 99 Basic Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Fun Family Trivia Questions to Solve at Home
- 100 True or False for Kids who Love to Win the Race
- 101 Random History Questions of All Ages
- 45 Easy True or False Questions You Should Know All
- 49 Lifetime General Trivia Questions Multiple Choice
- 99 GK Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
More Recommended Reading
- Trivia in Spanish Quiz Questions
- Ecology Trivia Questions Environmental Quiz
- Geography Trivia Questions for the Beginner
- Science Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- IPL Trivia Quiz Questions for Challenge Takers
- What is the Mensa IQ test? How to Join Mensa?
- Mensa IQ Practice Test Quiz Free – Eligibility | Good Score
- 100 US State Quizzes Online, Trivia, Questions, Answers
- Trivia about Blood that Everyone Should Know
- What is the Mensa IQ Test Limit for the Genius
- Prepare for Mensa Test Professionally from Home
- IPL Quiz Questions with Answers for Cricket Fans
- Rugby Trivia Questions for the Fans
- Animal Trivia Questions Quiz for Knowledge
- Word Trivia Questions – Challenging Vocabulary
- Chemistry Trivia Questions – Quiz for Learning
- 350+ US History Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- 200 General Trivia Questions Answers Random
Leave a Reply