Basketball is an interesting game where these trivia questions are a bunch of information, facts, and stats about recent as well as historic events. Explore basketball multiple choice questions and answers. Basketball has become more widely known thanks to the NBA. This is mostly because of the transcendent stars that have participated in the game over the years. Particularly on the 1992 United States men’s Olympic basketball squad, nicknamed as the Dream Team, Michael Jordan’s play helped basketball start to gain international acclaim.
Basketball trivia questions if a great fun and you will be able to know a lot from them. Don’t hesitate to solve each and every chunk of these basketball trivia questions for the sake of your interest or need. After his final victory and second retirement in 1998, there remained a vacancy over the future of basketball’s public face. Solve MCQ basketball multiple choice questions and answers. free online quiz test. Soon after, Kobe Bryant went on to win three consecutive championships with the Los Angeles Lakers from 2000 to 2002 with the aid of Shaquille O’Neal. This helped basketball become more well-liked all around the world, most notably in China. More victories in 2009 and 2010 have boosted his popularity. He declared that the next season will be his last in 2015. By then, he would have played in 20 seasons.
We have come up with these basketball trivia questions for learning purposes only from different trusted sources just to satisfy you with some great and memorable basketball trivia questions. LeBron James was a great player that transformed the sport of basketball. The Cleveland Cavaliers selected him with the first overall choice in the 2003 NBA Draft, and he has since risen to prominence as the league’s and basketball’s global face. Enjoy basketball multiple choice questions and answers. In what became known as “The Decision,” he left the Cavaliers in 2010 to sign with the Miami Heat alongside fellow players Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. He won back-to-back championships in 2012 and 2013 before going back to the Cavaliers in 2014, where he earned a third title in 2016. On July 1st, 2018, he joined the Los Angeles Lakers.
Many international players have contributed to the game’s globalization. Yao Ming stands out as the most prominent. He was the first Chinese player ever to be chosen by the Houston Rockets as the first overall choice in a draft in 2002. His NBA performance and presence raised awareness of basketball in Asian nations. Basketball has changed over the years as well. Basketball historically valued large guys, especially in the 1990s and 2000s. Find basketball multiple choice questions and answers. Ball movement and team play are more prevalent now as a result of groups like the San Antonio Spurs and the Golden State Warriors. The speed of the game has also accelerated. The use of three-pointers in the professional game has expanded recently because to stars like Stephen Curry.
Basketball multiple choice questions and answers
1. How many players are there in a basketball team?
2. How many rules are there in a basketball team
3. Who founded and made up the rules for basketball?
4. How did basketball get its name?
5. When did basketball become a sport?
6. What was the first basketball made of?
7. A molded version of the early basketball was invented in which year?
8. Where is basketball most popular?
9. The ball may be thrown in any direction with one or both hands. Which Rule is this?
10. Basketball was played by using a what until 1929?
11. What is Rule No 2 of the basketball?
12. Earlier, the basketball used to be in which color?
13. When a goal is scored?
14. Who has scored more playoff points than anyone else?
15. Michael Jordan was born in which city?
16. Which to accosiations were two different basketball associations in 1949?
17. Slam dunks were illegal for how many years?
18. Who was the shortest basketball player?
19. Who were the tallest basketball players?
20. Air Jordan 1 shoes were banned in the NBA. T/F?
21. What was the profession of James Naismith who is credited with inventing basketball in 1891?
22. What is the Rule No 4 of the Basketball?
23. Women’s basketball was added to the Olympics in which year?
24. The first “hoops” were actually just peach baskets and the first backboards were made of
25. What is the steel rim of the basket?
26. What is the basketball court's surface?
27. In International Basketball Federation rules, the court surface should be around
28. The time shall be two 15-minute halves, with five minutes' rest between- is one of Dr. James Naismith's Original 13 Rules of Basketball. T/F?
29. Who was only 17 when he entered the NBA?
30. Basketball was originally two words and these original rules were published January 15, 1892, in the Springfield College school newspaper, named
31. The game became an official Olympic event at the Summer Games in Berlin, Germany in which year?
32. Basketball was first played on
33. Who held the record of the high points scored in their first 3 games?
34. Which basketball player is one of the most famous sportsmen on the planet?
35. Who is the only member of the football and basketball hall of fame?
36. The positions of players in a basketball game are:
37. Who holds the record for free throws?
38. National Basketball Association (NBA) was established in
39. Who founded the National Basketball Association?
40. Who were the original 8 NBA teams?
41. When did the NBA get 30 teams?
42. Who was the first female Globetrotter basketball team player?
43. Which company manufactures all the NBA uniforms?
44. What is the smallest city that has an NBA franchise?
45. The average NBA player weighs 220 pounds. T/F?
46. Which team have won the most NBA championships (17), including seven straight from 1960 to 1966?
48. Who were the first NBA teams?
49. What is the oldest NBA team?
50. What is the average height of all NBA players?
51. Who is the youngest Lakers player?
52. Which team has the longest winning streak in NBA history?
53. Who is the only unanimous NBA MVP?
54. Who was the first black player in the NBA?
55. Who has the most blocked shots in the NBA?
56. Who is the richest NBA team owner?
57. Who is the best NBA team in 2020?
58. Who is the best NBA player in 2020?
59. Who is ranked #1 in the NBA?
60. What percentage of people can dunk?
61. Who is the lightest player in the NBA?
62. Who was the 30th NBA team?
63. Who is the oldest retired NBA player?
64. Who was the youngest player to start an NBA game?
65. Who was the first Chinese player to compete in the NBA?
66. When has the highest-scoring game in NBA history occurred?
67. Who made a shot from 109 feet, 9 inches, setting the world record?
68. Who was one of the most superstitious basketball players?
69. Who was the player with the most scores in a career?
70. Who invented the shot clock?
71. Ringball, a traditional _________ sport that stems from basketball, has been played since 1907.
72. The average NBA player can jump about 28 inches off the ground. T/F?
73. The world record for the highest basketball shot is
74. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar played how many sessions in the NBA to hold the record for most points scored in a career with 38,387?
75. On what date Philadelphia center Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points in one game against New York. That is the most one player has ever scored in one game?
76. What NBA records will never be broken?
77. Can a rookie win NBA MVP?
78. Who was the first person to dunk a basketball?
79. How many teams are there in the NBA in 2020?
80. Who won the very first NBA game?
81. Who has won more basketball games than any other coach?
82. Four current NBA teams – Indiana, Denver, New York, and San Antonio was originated in the
83. The NBA instituted the three-pointer before the 1979-80 season, inspired by
84. Which team have won all six NBA Finals in which they've appeared?
85. Michael Jordan, who retired in January 1999 but returned to the league in which year?
86. The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame is located in
87. Dr. James Naismith invented the game when he was
88. Originally, two teams of 9 players played the game – the same as baseball. T/F?
89. Earlier, players were allowed to hold the ball and move a couple of steps before stopping and tossing it into the hoop, why?
90. On what date of1976 the NBA was created?
91. Founded in 1923, which is the oldest franchise in the NBA?
92. What is the organization called that governs basketball’s international competition?
93. Before which year if you got fouled, you could choose the best shooter in your team and have them take the free throw?
94. NBA players run as much as four miles during a game. T/F?
95. Most women basketball players are above 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m)?
96. There are principal basketball sports with variations on basketball including
97. Basketball players used to play in the early 1900s, in cages of chicken wire and mesh so that
98. Who were the first African Americans to ever play professional Basketball in the NBA?
99. In which continent basketball is mostly played?
100. Which country's national game is basketball?
In 1967, while the NBA was at its peak of popularity, the American Basketball Association (ABA) was established as a rival to the NBA. The ABA provided a different playing style and mentality in addition to certain regulation modifications. As the best player in the league, Julius Erving had a key role in the development of the contemporary game’s emphasis on jumping and play above the rim. His talent on the court contributed to the legitimacy of the American Basketball Association. The league placed a strong emphasis on energy and liveliness, whether it be in the three-point shot, play style, or ball color (red, white, and blue). Low national awareness and profits forced the league to search for solutions to its issues. Compete with basketball multiple choice questions and answers. The answer was to merge with the more established and prosperous NBA. The New York Nets, Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers, and San Antonio Spurs were the ABA’s four most prosperous clubs when it was merged into the NBA in the summer of 1976. The NBA adopted the brash, free manner of play as well as the three-point shot.
Many-black basketball teams (Black Fives) were founded in 1904 as a result of racial segregation having an impact on all aspects of public life in the United States, including sports. The Black Fives Era saw the emergence of several all-black teams in places including New York, Washington, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Cleveland, and others. Bookmark basketball multiple choice questions and answers. The first completely established autonomous all-black basketball teams were the St. Christopher Club in New York City and the Smart Set Athletic Club in Brooklyn, both of which were founded in 1906. These were amateur teams. In the World Professional Basketball Tournament in 1939, the all-black New York Renaissance defeated the all-white Oshkosh All-Stars. The African American Harlem Globetrotters began traveling successfully in the late 1920s and won the WPBT in 1940.
The Jersey City Colored YMCA, Smart Set Athletic Club, St. Christopher Club, Marathon Athletic Club, and the Alpha Physical Culture Club came together to create the amateur, all-black Olympian Athletic League in 1907 in New York City. The Smart Set Athletic Club of Brooklyn traveled to Washington, DC to face the Crescent Athletic Club in 1907, marking the first inter-city basketball match between two black teams. Celebrate basketball multiple choice questions and answers. The first colored basketball world champion was Smart Set Athletic Club of Brooklyn, a team in the Olympian Athletic League, in 1908. The first varsity basketball team at Howard University was established in 1910. The Commonwealth Five, the first all-black professional sports team, was established in 1922. In 1923, the New York Renaissance was established.
In 1942, the Toledo Jim White Chevrolets and the Chicago Studebakers, two teams in the predominantly white National Basketball League, welcomed 10 black players, marking the start of the league’s racial integration. Only two years after its inception, the NBA integrated, with three black players each hitting a significant milestone in the process. Share basketball multiple choice questions and answersfree online trivia. Chuck Cooper was selected by an NBA team as the first black player in the draft conducted just before that season. Nat Clifton was the first black player to sign an NBA contract soon after the draft. Earl Lloyd finally made history by playing in the first black NBA game because his team began the season before Cooper’s or Clifton’s.
The Harlem Globetrotters began concentrating on worldwide touring and exhibition performances, including comedic routines, when the NBA integrated. The Globetrotters gained a reputation as basketball’s goodwill ambassadors as a result of their trips, which contributed to basketball’s international popularization.
Other Recommended Trivia
- 111 Hard True or False Questions that Make You Expert
- 200 TV Show Trivia for All Ages with Evergreen Minds
- 50 True or False Trivia to Outrun Anyone You Know
- 55 Funny True or False Questions You Didn’t Know
- 101 General Knowledge Exam for Genuine Learners
- 99 Basic Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Fun Family Trivia Questions to Solve at Home
- 100 True or False for Kids who Love to Win the Race
- 101 Random History Questions of All Ages
- 45 Easy True or False Questions You Should Know All
- 49 Lifetime General Trivia Questions Multiple Choice
- 99 GK Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
More Recommended Reading
- Trivia in Spanish Quiz Questions
- Ecology Trivia Questions Environmental Quiz
- Geography Trivia Questions for the Beginner
- Science Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- IPL Trivia Quiz Questions for Challenge Takers
- What is the Mensa IQ test? How to Join Mensa?
- Mensa IQ Practice Test Quiz Free – Eligibility | Good Score
- 100 US State Quizzes Online, Trivia, Questions, Answers
- Trivia about Blood that Everyone Should Know
- What is the Mensa IQ Test Limit for the Genius
- Prepare for Mensa Test Professionally from Home
- IPL Quiz Questions with Answers for Cricket Fans
- Rugby Trivia Questions for the Fans
- Animal Trivia Questions Quiz for Knowledge
- Word Trivia Questions – Challenging Vocabulary
- Chemistry Trivia Questions – Quiz for Learning
- 350+ US History Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- 200 General Trivia Questions Answers Random
Leave a Reply