Dinosaur trivia questions will give you answer to many curiosity. The fact that current birds are descended from dinosaurs is well acknowledged. The dinosaur trivia questions on fossil records of Archaeopteryx and Xiaotingia, two taxa of theropod dinosaurs with comparable anatomical features to birds, provided the first evidence for this notion.
Many reasons are considered to have contributed to the extinction of dinosaurs that we feature in the dinosaur trivia questions. According to one common explanation, an asteroid collided with the Yucatán Peninsula 66 million years ago, ejecting enough terrestrial and asteroid debris into the atmosphere to obscure sunlight for several years you see in the dinosaur trivia questions. Plantlife would have been severely harmed, and most dinosaurs would have perished as a result.
Mammalian fossils have been discovered dating back to the Triassic Period, alongside early dinosaurs such as Riojasaurus and Saltopus, lets find them in dinosaur trivia questions. True mammals, such as the shrewlike Juramaia sinensis, first appeared 160 million years ago, during the Jurassic Period, alongside dinosaurs like the brachiosaurus and Stegosaurus.
Dinosaur Trivia Questions
1. How long did dinosaurs rule the earth?
About 165 million years
2. Scientific research began on dinosaurs during which years?
the early 1800s
3. Word dinosaur was coined in 1842 by which paleontologist?
4. Word dinosaur comes from the Greek for what?
5. What was the tallest dinosaur in feet?
6. Dinosaurs are a diverse group of reptiles of which clade?
7. Dinosaurs first appeared during which period?
Triassic period, between 243 and 233.23 million years ago,
8. What is Ornithoscelida?
a proposed clade that includes various major groupings of dinosaurs
9. Which British biologist first proposed that birds were descendants of dinosaurs?
Thomas Henry Huxley
10. Meet the Spinosaurus, the most dangerous dinosaur to walk — or swim?
11. Which dinosaurs have clade is characterized by hollow bones and three-toed limbs?
Theropoda, whose members are known as theropods
12. Who was the only dinosaur lineage to survive the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event approximately 66 million years ago?
13. According to the most complete specimen measures, what was the length of Tyrannosaurus Rex?
14. What is the name of the fictional dinosaur in “Dinotopia” by James Gurney?
Bix, an ambassador, and companion to Arthur Denison.
15. What was the biggest predator dinosaur?
16. What was the dietary nature of the Antarctopelta that lived in Antarctica during the Late Cretaceous?
17. Atlascopcosaurus lived in which continent during the Early Cretaceous?
18. What is the name of the 2013 film featuring dinosaurs and released in the USA?
Age of Dinosaurs
19. The first dinosaur park worldwide was Crystal Palace Dinosaurs, which opened in London in which year?
20. What is a Triceratops horn made of?
A soft protein called keratin, the kind found in human fingernails
21. Abdarainurus dinosaur of herbivorous nature lived in which location during the Cretaceous period?
22. At the time of dinosaurs, the earth had one supercontinental landmass, called what?
23. What is the carnivorous, most complete predatory dinosaur found in Australia, of the Early-Late Cretaceous?
24. What is the name of a fossilized Triceratops skeleton discovered by paleontologist Walter W. Stein?
25. What is the smallest Ceratopsian?
26. What is a historic archaeological site in Haddonfield, Camden County, New Jersey?
The Hadrosaurus foulkii Leidy Site
27. Dippy is a composite Diplodocus skeleton in the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in which city?
28. Abrosaurus dinosaur of herbivorous nature lived in which location during the Jurassic period?
29. Archaeodontosaurus dinosaur, possibly with a sauropod with “prosauropod”-like teeth, herbivore from Middle Jurassic, lived in which present-day country?
30. Which dinosaur has the sharpest teeth?
31. What is the nickname of the dinosaur taxon Centrosaurus apertus kept in Royal Tyrell Museum of Palaeontology, Canada?
32. Dinosaur Park at Münchehagen (Dinopark) and the Dinosaur Park at Kleinwelka is located in which country?
33. Coelophysis dinosaurs lived in which continent?
34. What is the nickname given to one of the largest, most extensive, and best-preserved Tyrannosaurus rex specimens ever found, at over 90 percent recovered by bulk.
35. What dinosaurs had 500 teeth?
36. Struthiosaurus dinosaurs were the inhabitants of which present-day continent?
37. Fossil of the herbivorous Acanthopholis dinosaurs from the Cretaceous period was found in which country?
38. Achillobator dinosaur of carnivorous nature lived in which continent during the Cretaceous period?
39. The largest inlet from Panthalassa, the superocean that surrounded Pangaea, was called what?
40. What dinosaur has 1000 teeth?
41. 100 Million BC, a US film featuring dinosaurs was released in which year?
42. Alwalkeria, a very primitive dinosaur, omnivore from Late Triassic, lived in which present-day country?
43. From 1977–1991 what was the largest dinosaur park in Europe?
Traumlandpark in Bottrop-Kirchhellen
44. Dracovenator dinosaurs lived in which continent?
45. What is the biggest Ceratopsian?
46. Charles Darwin published “On the Origin of Species” in which year?
47. Which dinosaur has 15 horns?
48. What is Archaeopteryx?
sometimes referred to by its German name, Urvogel, is a genus of bird-like dinosaurs
49. What is the species of the fictional dinosaur Crackers, a “pterodactyl” that George and Harold bring to the present day using the Purple Potty in “Captain Underpants” by Dav Pilkey?
50. What dinosaur has the strongest bite force?
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 100 Today GK Questions Answers Trivia Quiz in English Printable
- 100 GK Questions Answer about World in English Trivia Printable
- 100 Most Important General Knowledge Questions in English
- 100 GK General Knowledge Trivia Printable Quiz in English
- 100 GK Questions Answers Hard Trivia in English Quiz Printable
- 100 Basic General Knowledge Trivia in English Printable Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Questions in English Printable
- 100 GK Questions and Answers Trivia in English Printable Quiz
- 100 GK Questions Answers for Students in English Quizzes
- 100 Common GK Questions Answers in English Trivia Printable
- 100 Difficult GK Questions in English Questions Answers Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge in English Questions Answers Quiz
- 100 English Questions Answers General Knowledge Trivia Quiz
- 100 GK Questions in English Hard Trivia Quizzes Printable
- 100 General Knowledge of World in English Trivia Quiz Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Information in English GK Quizzes
- GK Questions in English General Knowledge Online Quiz Test
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions for Exam Preparation
- 100 General Knowledge Questions Answers in English Trivia
- 100 Easy General Knowledge Questions in English Trivia Quiz
- 100 Basic General Knowledge Quiz Questions about World
- 100 Family Quiz General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 World-Best General Knowledge Questions and Answers Quiz
- 100 of All Types of GK Questions with Answers Trivia Quizzes
- 100 Random General Knowledge Trivia Quiz Questions Printable
- 100 Important GK General Knowledge Trivia Quiz in English
- 100 Normal GK Questions Trivia in English Printable Quiz