General knowledge quiz in English trivia questions answers printable is a way to equip yourself with versatile information at the shortest possible time. This general knowledge in English questions is prepared for GK lovers of all ages. Languages of this sort of general knowledge in English quizzes and questions printable are lucid and easy to understand.
Let’s solve this general knowledge in English questions with or without your friends, family, teachers, students, or competitors.
General knowledge in English questions
1. What links Zhores I. Alferov, Jack S. Kilby and Herbert Kroemer?
Received the Nobel Prize in Physics 2000
2. What is January called in the Deutsch language?
3. Who is Pennsylvanian?
Pennsylvania state residents
4. Which US state has the Motto in Latin – Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem?
5. Charles Kinbote is a fictional character who appeared in which famous book?
6. Which state has the nickname Lone Star State?
7. What is meant by Purdah?
A screen used in India to separate women from men or strangers
8. What is the origin of Ohio’s name?
From a Seneca word meaning “great river”
9. What is Independence Day in Cambodia?
10. Alan J. Heeger, Alan G. MacDiarmid, and Hideki Shirakawa received the Nobel Prize in 2000 in which category?
11. Which Spanish painter has the first exhibition at 16 – also 4 years blue?
12. What is the national sport in Grenada?
13. Pope Gelasius is from which country?
14. There Is Only One Non-Rectangular National Flag in which country?
15. Benjy is a fictional character who appeared in which famous book?
The Sound and the Fury
16. John Wayne was nicknamed duke – but after what?
His favorite dog
17. What is meant by Quisling?
Someone who collaborates with an enemy occupying force
18. What food was sent to England in WW2 as part of lease lend?
19. Who was the last king of Troy killed by Achilles’ son?
20. James J. Heckman and Daniel L. McFadden received the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel in which year?
21. 40% of MacDonald’s profits come from selling what?
22. What is the UPC barcode for Belarus?
23. Pat Sullivan created which cartoon character?
Felix the cat
24. In 1911 the archaeologist Hiram Bingham discovered what lost city?
25. Mary Katherine Blackwood is a fictional character who appeared in which famous book?
We Have Always Lived in the Castle
26. Leonid Kravchuk became president of which country in 1991?
27. USA UK and Irish women golfers play for which trophy?
28. Daraw Airport is situated in which country?
29. Who began his career as one of the Tennessee Two?
30. Kim Dae-jung received the Nobel Peace Prize 2000 for what contribution?
“for his work for democracy and human rights in South Korea and in East Asia in general, and for peace and reconciliation with North Korea in particular”
31. In ancient Rome what was the tabularium?
Hall of Public Records
32. Who is Oregonian?
Oregon state residents
33. American Paul Theroux wrote novels and about what else?
34. What is meant by Quizzical?
35. Charles Ryder is a fictional character who appeared in which famous book?
36. Melton is a city in which country?
37. Aberdeen airport in which country has the IATA code ABZ?
38. What is Kannada?
A second and third language by over 12.9 million non-native speakers in Karnataka, India
39. Maoni Vi of Capetown has the world’s longest what at 28 inches?
40. Gao Xingjian who received the Nobel Prize in Literature 2000 was born on what date?
January 4, 1940
41. Diane Leather was the first woman to do what?
Sub 5 minute mile
42. What is the state motto for Michigan?
If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you
43. Februarie is in what language means February?
44. What is the more common name for triatomic oxygen?
45. Claudine is a fictional character who appeared in which famous book?
Claudine at School
46. What is Admiral Sir Miles Messervy usually known as?
M (Bond films)
47. Which state has the nickname Beehive State?
48. Mechelen is a city in which country?
49. Which company invented the transistor radio in 1952?
50. Ahmed H. Zewail who received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1999 was born in which country?
51. In contract bridge a hand called chicane has what?
No trump cards
52. The first what was called The Original?
The first purpose-built lifeboat was launched on the River Tyne
53. What is meant by Ragamuffin?
A dirty shabbily clothed urchin
54. Which part of the body is most sensitive to radiation?
55. Florentino Ariza Babbitt is a fictional character who appeared in which famous book?
Love in the Time of Cholera
56. Orange juice and what makes an ambassador?
57. Pope Miltiades is from which country?
58. What film made 58 times – cartoon, porrno, operatic, ballet?
59. In WW2 what kind of aircraft was a horsa?
60. If you are in the Hellinikon Airport, where city are you in?
61. Who is the mother of Huey, Dewey, and Louie?
62. What is meant by Remora?
Marine fishes with a flattened elongated body and a sucking disk on the head for attaching to large fish or moving objects
63. What is Mus-haf?
A written, printed copy of the Qur’an in the form of a published book.
64. Mr. Chips said goodbye from Brookfield school – What subject?
65. Baloo is an animated fictional character featured in which famous film?
The Jungle Book (1967), The Jungle Book 2 (2003)
66. Franz Liszt was the father-in-law of what composer?
67. What is the national sport in Georgia?
68. What are sorted according to the relationship between the string(s) and the sounding board or chamber?
69. Who designed the first Iron ship Great Britain in 1845?
70. What is the IATA code for Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport?
71. Merrylegs was a performing circus dog in which Dickens novel?
72. What country has .bh internet country domain TLD?
73. Hornbostel–Sachs system is related to what?
74. The Ladies Mercury in 1693 was the world’s first what?
75. Woody is an animated fictional character featured in which famous film?
Toy Story (1995), Toy Story 2 (1999), Toy Story 3 (2010), Toy Story 4 (2019)
76. The flags of Ireland and _____ are identical colors, however, the stripes are reversed.
77. We know what a veto is but what does it literally mean?
78. What is the North Dakota name origin?
From the Dakota peoples
79. What is the internet country domain TLD for Azerbaijan?
80. Augsburg Airport is located in which country?
81. Abercynon is a rail station in which country?
82. What is the UN country code for Armenia?
83. Which US president had five pet guinea pigs, and other snakes?
84. William Le Baron Jenny is credited with inventing what in the US?
85. Gromit is an animated fictional character featured in which famous film for the first time?
A Grand Day Out (1988)
86. Which Greek mountain is consecrated to the muses?
87. Vivaldi, Purcell, and Handel’s music is what type?
88. What was Michelangelo’s only signed sculpture?
89. Whose boat Bluebird was recently raised from Coniston water?
90. What is Independence Day in Burundi?
91. In which American city can you get a doctorate in hambugerology?
Hamburger College — Chicago
92. Which country has the UN country code 031?
93. Disgusting question – longest verified American one 12′ 2″ what?
Turd – over 2hrs 12 minutes
94. In 1967 what new safety measure was introduced to the UK?
95. George Follansbee Babbitt is a fictional character who appeared in which famous book?
96. Whose final opera was called Death in Venice?
97. Which country represents AGO Alpha 2 country code?
98. Who won the Superbowl in 1989?
San Francisco 49 ers
99. Which Science Fiction author created The Triffids?
100. Which country has the UPC barcode 479?
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 25 Finance Trivia Questions and Answers for Quiz
- 30 Finance Trivia Questions Knowledge Quiz Online
- 50 Financial Accounting Questions And Answers Multiple Choice
- 25 Accounting MCQs Every Accountant Knows
- 30 Accounting Multiple Choice Quiz to Grow Expertise
- 25 Accounting Multiple Choice Questions from Basic
- 111 Fish Trivia for People with Crazy Fishing Hobby
- 99 Fish Quizzes and Answers to Solve with Confidence
- 101 Fishing Trivia Facts Questions with Answers Printable
- 105 Fishing Quiz to Improve General Knowledge
- 120 Chess Trivia Questions and Answers for All
- 111 Sports Trivia Questions for Kids for Excellence
- 120 Good Sports Trivia Questions for Everyone
- 123 Easy Sports Trivia Quiz to Outrun your Competitor
- 100 Sports Quiz Questions for Anytime Learning
- 99 Football Trivia for Kids with Challenging Spirit
- 111 Sports Trivia for Kids to Win A Competition
- 100 Baseball Trivia For Kids with Competitive Minds
- 111 Easy Sports Trivia Questions Everyone Must Know
- 99 Hardest NBA Quiz to Assess your Expertise