General knowledge history quiz questions answer free online English general knowledge in English is enriched with hundreds of facts you didn’t know before. One of the most significant academic pursuits for every child’s education is history. We discuss the importance of knowing history through a general knowledge history quiz and provide study advice for students in this article. We all live in the now and make plans for the future, with a general knowledge history quiz but how can we know where we’re heading and how far we’ve come? To grasp where you’re going, you must first comprehend where you’ve been from. You’ll need a sense of history for that by dint of a general knowledge history quiz.
Learners will learn history, which is one of the most regarded and useful academic courses available. This tutorial delves into the necessity of learning history in school, as well as a few pointers on how to study it properly with the help of a general knowledge history quiz.
Gaining a better grasp of history benefits whole cultures as well as people inside them. Here are six advantages to having your child study history in school as well as a general knowledge history quiz. We may learn about the construction, operation, and evolution of historical communities, institutions, ideologies, governments, cultures, and technology by studying history. The world’s rich past aids us in painting a vivid picture of where we are now for a general knowledge history quiz.
Developing your historical knowledge entails gaining a better understanding of all of these distinct facets of existence on the basis of a general knowledge history quiz. Children may learn about the pillars that other civilizations, including cultures and individuals who are different from their own, were built upon. All of this information allows students to become more well-rounded individuals who are better equipped to study in all of their academic disciplines with a general knowledge history quiz.
General knowledge history quiz
1. Which newspapers in Western Australia started their publication in 1830 from Perth?
The Western Australia Gazette and General Advertiser
2. Beef on weck is a historic sandwich that originated in which country?
United States (Buffalo, New York
3. Which Ben and Matt co-wrote Good Will Hunting?
Affleck and Damon
4. What was the name of a gold nugget discovered in Australia in 1869?
5. What sank the German submarine U120 in WW2?
6. Who won the Associated Press NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award in 2000?
Joe Johnson (New Orleans Saints)
7. Arch of Caracalla, a Roman triumphal arch is located in which city in Algeria?
8. UK-owned ship MV Ashanti Palm was built in which year?
9. Beethoven House (memorial), Bonn, Germany was founded in which year?
10. In WW2 Air corps nonflying members gave what nickname?
Kiwis – Non Flying
11. Opened on October 11, 2000, Crater Lake National Park is located in which US state?
12. World Association of Newspapers’ Golden Pen of Freedom Award was founded in which year?
13. Built in 1970, what was the name of the sailing boat designed by Bruce Kirby?
14. What was the first Russian police sniffer cat at Stavropol near the Caspian Sea?
15. What was the first LP record to sell over 1 million copies?
Calypso by Harry Belafonte
16. Which animals have been used in law enforcement since the Middle Ages?
17. Azerbaijan Customs History Museum is located in which city?
18. Who is the director and writer of the 1977 popular film “Close Encounters of the Third Kind”?
19. Greeks Romans regarded what herb as a symbol of immortality?
20. Which British actress won the Best Actress award at the Oscars in 2019?
21. What was the last letter to be added to our alphabet – around 1500?
22. City of Graz – Historic Centre and Schloss Eggenberg is a World Heritage Site and popular tourist attraction in which country?
23. Tassili n’Ajjer is a World Heritage Site and tourist attraction in which country?
24. For the Romans, D meant what?
25. In 1947 it began at Callao Peru ended Tuamotu Island what did?
Kon Tiki Expedition
26. Which UK-owned ship was built in 1956?
MV Bamenda Palm
27. Inaugurated in 1971, which trophy is awarded to winners of the primary English women’s domestic football knockout tournament?
Women’s FA Cup
28. What was the name of a gold nugget discovered in Australia in 1858?
29. Nigerian Academy of Science Media Awards was founded in which year?
30. What was unusual about the drawings of artist Cesar Ducornet?
Drawn with feet — he had no arms
31. Which country owns the ship ARA San Martín launched in 1893 and decommissioned in 1935?
32. Historic St Augustine’s Basilica Catholic Church is located in which city in Algeria?
33. What is the longest surviving letter shape in any alphabet, perhaps over 3000 years old?
34. Christian Maury designed what in 1959 named 420?
35. What pop vocal group performs at the wedding in Bridesmaids?
36. Naim Frashëri, poet and writer are honored on the banknotes in circulation since 1996 in which country?
37. Bauru is a historic sandwich that originated in which country?
38. Which icon in Australia contains the re-established historic Tudor-style Shingle Inn restaurant, with its original 1936 Tudor furnishing and fittings restored?
The Brisbane City Hall
39. FIFA World Cup Trophy is awarded to the winners of the FIFA World Cup from which year’s FIFA World Cup onwards?
40. Which English actor won the 2014 Academy Award for best actor for his role in The Theory of Everything?
41. Which Mexican state entered the Federation on 1824-05-22, has its largest city and capital, Victoria de Durango?
42. Steven Spielberg produced one of the popular films “Twilight Zone: The Movie” in which year?
43. Banff Park Museum in Alberta was completed in which year?
44. Opened on November 10, 2003, Congaree National Park is located in which US state?
45. What was the first sport to be filmed?
Boxing by Thomas Edison 1894
46. What was the name of a gold nugget discovered in Brazil in 1983?
47. What is the Official symbol of Canada as of November 21, 1921?
48. Great Mosque of Herat, Afghanistan was built in which year?
49. Timgad is a World Heritage Site and tourist attraction in which country?
50. Who in 1958 was the first British Formula one champion?
51. The Story Bridge is an icon of which Australian city, designed by Dr. John Bradfield, designer of the Sydney Harbour Bridge?
52. Who was a poet, known for writing the National Anthem of Albania Himni i Flamurit?
Aleksandër Stavre Drenova (Asdreni)
53. What was an ocean liner terminal and immigration shed from 1928 to 1971 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada?
54. Who was the President of Angola in 1975–1979?
55. What country invented cheesecake?
56. What was Margery Allingham’s (1904–1966) first novel, about smugglers in 17th century Essex, published in 1923, when she was 19?
57. Royal cypher is the Royal symbol of Canada since which year?
58. In 1959, who won the Hugo Award for Best Novel “A Case of Conscience”?
59. Who was Albania’s 1st Head of State (1912), 1st Prime Minister of Albania (1912–1914), and 1st Minister of Foreign Affairs (1912–1913)?
60. What island is Jurassic Park on?
61. Amelia Atwater-Rhodes wrote which novel in 2004?
62. Which character first appeared in his 1953 novel Casino Royale; the books are set in a contemporary period during Fleming’s lifetime from 1951 to 1964?
63. How many US presidents previously served as U.S. senators?
17, only 3 immediately before the election as president
64. Who is the author of one of the longest novels, 12 volumes, and 8,768 pages “Gordana”?
Marija Juric Zagorka
65. Shrine of Ali is a what in Afghanistan?
66. What was the name of a gold nugget discovered in Australia in 1854?
67. What was T29?
Tank T29 was an American heavy tank project started in March 1944
68. “Viceregal standard” – Royal symbol of Canada was adopted in which year?
69. With its death toll of 36, a pathetic human stampedes in which Indian Hindu temple occurred on 10 February 2013?
Allahabad Kumbh Mela Railway Station
70. One of the first attempts to use dogs in policing was in 1889 by which Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police of London?
Sir Charles Warren
71. Barros Luco is a historic sandwich that originated in which country?
72. What is the name of the Argentine Navy Ship launched in 1890 and decommissioned in 1916?
ARA Veinticinco de Mayo
73. Canada’s most well-known symbol the maple leaf was first used by French colonists in which years?
74. Lucanica sausage was originated in which ancient civilization?
75. What culture introduced hats and crackers at Xmas season?
76. Which diplomat in the 18th century probably served under Pharaohs Amenhotep III and/or Akhenaten?
77. What was the first wind farm in Canada to have a capacity of at least 100 MW upon completion in 2006?
The Centennial Wind Power Facility (Saskatchewan)
78. National flag of Canada is the Official symbol as of what date?
February 15, 1965
79. Loukaniko sausage was originated in which country?
80. Who used the pseudonym Ellis Bell?
81. Who was the Chief Minister of the Ptolemaic king Ptolemy IV Philopator and brother of the king’s mistress Agathoclea?
82. In Britain, the North Eastern Railway Police were among the first to use police dogs in which year to put a stop to theft from the docks in Hull?
83. Who was the mistress of the Ptolemaic king Ptolemy IV Philopator and sister of his chief minister, Agathocles?
84. What was the name of a gold nugget discovered in Australia in 1931?
The Golden Eagle
85. Where were the first glass mirrors made in Europe circa 1300?
86. Cheddar cheese was originated in which country?
87. In 2003, Djebel Aissa National Park was created in which country?
88. The German police selected which dog breed was the ideal breed for police work and opened up the first dog training school in 1920 in Greenheide?
German Shepherd Dog
89. Mrs. Wagner’s Pies is a historic dessert brand in which city?
90. Who won the best actor award for Marty in 1955?
91. Which US President served as a U.S. senator after his presidency?
92. What is Welcome Stranger in Australia?
93. Kranjska klobasa sausage was originated in which country?
94. Barros Jarpa is a historic sandwich that originated in which country?
95. Name Helen of Troy’s husband?
96. Which newspapers in Western Australia started their publication in 1830 from Fremantle?
The Fremantle Journal and General Advertiser
97. Clements Gap Wind Farm in Australia was opened in which year?
98. In which century, a ship of the Dutch East India Company bring the first green tea leaves to Amsterdam from China?
early 17th century
99. “Royal standard” – Royal symbol of Canada was adopted and proclaimed by Queen Elizabeth II in which year?
100. Who hired the Mormon Mafia to prevent contamination?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge Trivia Quiz Questions Answers
- 100 Easy Trivia Questions And Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Tricky Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 June Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Printable
- 100 Easy Trivia Questions and Answers for Kids Quiz Printable
- 100 Trivia Question and Answers Easy Quiz General Knowledge
- 100 Trivia Questions and Answers for Adults Quiz Printable
- 100 Useless Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz General
- 100 of The Office Trivia Questions And Answers Printable
- 100 Easy Quiz Questions and Answers Free Trivia General
- 100 Daily General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids
- 100 Trivia Night Questions and Answers Quiz Printable
- 100 of Some General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers Trivia
- 100 Random Trivia Quiz Facts and Questions Answers
- 100 Family General Knowledge Printable Quiz Trivia General
- 100 Common Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Random
- 100 Hard Trivia Questions with Answers Printable General Quiz
- 100 Best Trivia Questions and Answers Printable General Quiz
- 100 Holiday Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Trivia Printable