Dinosaur general knowledge trivia questions answer is full with surprising information. Dinosaurs get their name from the Greek words deinos, which means “awful” or “fearfully great,” and sauros, which means “reptile” or “lizard.” Dinosaur general knowledge refers to a collection of reptiles that lived on Earth for over 180 million years, with the majority of them becoming extinct around 66 million years ago. The questions and answers in this dinosaur general knowledge are derived from the Top Questions sections of the dinosaur and mammalian articles, where you may find answers to many more.
Dinosaurs are a diversified group of reptiles that dominated Earth’s terrestrial life during the Mesozoic Era, around 245 million years ago placed in the dinosaur general knowledge. Dinosaurs became extinct around 66 million years ago, at the end of the Cretaceous Period.
The Argentinosaurus is one of the candidates for the title of biggest dinosaur, however, estimates differ as per dinosaur general knowledge. The Argentinosaurus, discovered in Argentina in 1987, was believed to measure 37 to 40 meters (121 to 131 feet) long and weighed up to 100 tons.
Dinosaur General Knowledge
1. Which came first, the Jurassic or Triassic Period?
The Triassic Period
2. Dinosaurs first appeared during which years?
Between 243 and 233.23 million years ago
3. What was Epidexipteryx?
either secondarily flightless dinosaur, or that display feathers evolved before flight feathers in the bird lineage.
4. The fossil record demonstrates that birds are modern feathered dinosaurs, having evolved from earlier theropods during which era?
Late Jurassic epoch
5. Which dinosaur is thought to have the largest bite of them all?
6. Which dinosaurs had wing-like structures?
7. Triassic–Jurassic extinction event took place how many years ago?
201.3 million years ago
8. Dominance of the dinosaurs continued throughout the Jurassic and which other period?
9. Which dinosur lived throughout what is now western North America?
10. What name do we give to the study of fossils?
11. According to the most complete specimen measures, what was the height of Tyrannosaurus Rex?
12. What is the species of the fictional dinosaur Bix, an ambassador and companion to Arthur Denison in “Dinotopia” by James Gurney?
13. What is an ankylosaur?
14. Antarctopelta lived in which continent during Late Cretaceous?
15. The dinosaurs died out about 65 million years ago. True or false?
16. Adasaurus dinosaur of carnivorous nature lived in which continent during Cretaceous period?
17. Fossil of the herbivorous Adynomosaurus dinosaurs from the Cretaceous period was found in which country?
18. What is the herbivorous largest dinosaur discovered to date from Australia, of the Late Cretaceous period?
19. Barapasaurus dinosaur, One of the first large sauropods, herbivore from Early Jurassic, lived in which present day conutry?
20. What dinosaur themed book was turned into a blockbuster movie in 1993?
21. What is the nick name of the dinosaur Pachyrhinosaurus?
22. The Fighting Dinosaurs is a famous and scientifically important fossil specimen that hails from the Late Cretaceous Djadokhta Formation of which country?
23. What is the nickname given to a fossil Edmontosaurus annectens found in the Hell Creek Formation in North Dakota?
24. Dueling Dinosaurs fossil was found in which US state?
25. Which dinosaur had three horns on its head?
26. What was the dietary nature of Atlascopcosaurus that lived in Australia during Early Cretaceous?
27. Aepyornithomimus dinosaur of omnivorous nature lived in which location during Cretaceous period?
28. What is the name of the 1991 TV film featuring dinosaurs and released in United States, United Kingdom, Italy?
Adventures in Dinosaur City
29. By the start of the Jurassic period, some 30 million years later, the supercontinent began to split into what?
Laurasia and Gondwana
30. Was Diplodocus a carnivore or herbivore?
31. Canardia dinosaurs were the inahbitants of which present day continent?
32. What is the name of the fictional dinosaur in “Captain Underpants” by Dav Pilkey?
Crackers, a “pterodactyl”
33. What is the name of a Tyrannosaurus rex fossil found in the Hell Creek Formation in South Dakota?
34. Achillesaurus, a carnivore dinosaur from the Cretaceous period lived in which location?
35. What animal alive today is even bigger than a dinosaur?
36. What is the name of a Tyrannosaurus rex specimen excavated in 2013 in Montana, USA?
37. Adhisaya Ulagam, an Indian film featuring dinosaur was released in which year?
38. “Airakoraptor” is an informal name given to a genus of dromaeosaurian theropod from the Upper Cretaceous of which counrty?
39. Abelisaurus, a carnivore dinosaur from the Cretaceous period lived in which location?
40. What is the name of the big dinosaur which used to stand in the entrance hall of the Natural History Museum in London?
41. “Alamotyrannus” (“Ojo Alamo tyrant”) is the informal name given to an as yet undescribed genus of tyrannosaurid from the Late Cretaceous period of which country?
42. Agilisaurus dinosaur of herbivorous nature lived in which location during Jurassic period?
43. Styrassic Park in Bad Gleichenberg, and Triassic Park in Waidring Tirol are located in which country?
44. Melanorosaurus dinosaur lived in which continent?
45. What dinosaur has only one horn?
46. What is the name given to a sauropod caudal vertebra found in the Saltwick Formation (Middle Jurassic, Aalenian) of Whitby, England?
Alan the Dinosaur
47. Which dinosaur has the biggest horn?
48. What is the name of dinosaour part in Funtana, Istria, Croatia?
49. Massospondylus dinosaur lived in which continent?
50. Which dinosaur has a horn on his head?
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 100 Today GK Questions Answers Trivia Quiz in English Printable
- 100 GK Questions Answer about World in English Trivia Printable
- 100 Most Important General Knowledge Questions in English
- 100 GK General Knowledge Trivia Printable Quiz in English
- 100 GK Questions Answers Hard Trivia in English Quiz Printable
- 100 Basic General Knowledge Trivia in English Printable Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Questions in English Printable
- 100 GK Questions and Answers Trivia in English Printable Quiz
- 100 GK Questions Answers for Students in English Quizzes
- 100 Common GK Questions Answers in English Trivia Printable
- 100 Difficult GK Questions in English Questions Answers Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge in English Questions Answers Quiz
- 100 English Questions Answers General Knowledge Trivia Quiz
- 100 GK Questions in English Hard Trivia Quizzes Printable
- 100 General Knowledge of World in English Trivia Quiz Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Information in English GK Quizzes
- GK Questions in English General Knowledge Online Quiz Test
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions for Exam Preparation
- 100 General Knowledge Questions Answers in English Trivia
- 100 Easy General Knowledge Questions in English Trivia Quiz
- 100 Basic General Knowledge Quiz Questions about World
- 100 Family Quiz General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 World-Best General Knowledge Questions and Answers Quiz
- 100 of All Types of GK Questions with Answers Trivia Quizzes
- 100 Random General Knowledge Trivia Quiz Questions Printable
- 100 Important GK General Knowledge Trivia Quiz in English
- 100 Normal GK Questions Trivia in English Printable Quiz