Trivia about Spain is really interesting and a good way to learn about this country in Europe which has a great variety of cultures and nature. Trivia about Spain or interesting facts about Spain is really interesting.
Trivia about Spain will give you a great idea and conception of Spain, you will be able to clarify yourself with fresh and useful Spain facts.
These trivia about Spain are playful and full of fun. Spain Trivia will be good for discussion, competition, or entertainment.
Solve this trivia about Spain and be the best with these trivia about Spain printable facts.
Let’s Solve below the Trivia about Spain
1. What is the official name of Spain?
Kingdom of Spain; Reino de España (Spanish)
2. What is the main religion in Spain?
- Christianity (62%)
- No religion (34%)
- Others (3%)
3. What is Spain best known for?
- The Costas of Spain
- Sangria Versus Wine
- Flamenco Dance
- Tapas Culture
- Paella: The Most Delicious Food
- Party in Ibiza
- Festivals (La Tomatina, Pamplona bull-running)
- Matador and Bull
- Picasso’s art
4. What is the National currency of Spain?
5. The term ‘Spain’ originated from which word?
6. What is the official language of Spain?
7. What is Spain’s national animal?
Bull (Bos taurus)
8. Spain belongs to which continent?
9. What is the national game in Spain?
10. How many colors are there in the Spanish Flag?
11. What is the capital and the largest city of Spain?
Madrid (40°26′N 3°42′W)
12. What is the motto of Spain?
“Plus ultra” (Latin), “Further Beyond”
13. What is the Government system of Spain?
- Unitary parliamentary
- Constitutional monarchy
14. What are some of the major islands in Spain?
Four largest islands are Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza, and Formentera.
15. What is the national bird of Spain?
16. What is Spain’s national dish/ food?
17. What is Spain’s national flower?
18. What is Spanish National Day, or Día de la Hispanidad?
19. What is Demonyms Spain?
20. How many castles are there in Spain?
21. When was the first constitution of Spain formed?
22. What is the National fruit of Spain?
Grape (Vitis vinifera)
23. What is the total area of Spain?
505,990 km2 (195,360 sq mi)
24. What is the position of Spain according to its area?
25. Who is the National poet of Spain?
Miguel de Cervantes, Lope de Vega, Federico García Lorca
26. What is the population of Spain?
27. What is the largest province in Spain?
28. How many provinces are there in Spain?
29. What is the time zone of Spain?
UTC±0 to +1 (WET and CET); Summer (DST) UTC+1 to +2 (WEST and CEST)
30. What is the smallest province in Spain?
31. What is the National anthem of Spain?
“Marcha Real”, (Spanish) “Royal March”
32. What is the Calling Code of Spain?
33. What is the driving side of Spain?
34. What is the ISO 3166 code of Spain?
35. What is the internet TLD in Spain?
36. What is the largest native aminal of Spain?
37. What is the first university in Spain?
The University of Salamanca (1218)
38. What is the oldest city in Spain?
39. What is the largest cathedral in Spain?
Catedral de Sevilla
40. What is the richest city in Spain?
41. What was the first capital of Spain?
42. What is the largest spider in Spain?
43. What is the largest temple in Spain?
Madrid Spain Temple (45,800 square feet/4,250 m2)
44. What is the largest dam in Spain?
Aldeadávila Dam, generating power of 1,150 megawatts (1,540,000 hp).
45. What is the National tree of Spain?
46. What is the largest tunnel in Spain?
Guadarrama tunnel (28,7 km)
47. What is the longest beach in Spain?
Doñana Beach (28km)
48. What is the National Emblem of Spain?
Pillars of Hercules
49. What is the largest airport in Spain?
Madrid Barajas Airport
50. Who were the first inhabitants of Spain?
Iberian, Basques, and Celts (35,000 years ago)
51. What is the national vegetable of Spain?
52. Who was the greatest warrior in Spain?
Cid Campeador (1043-1099)
53. What is the highest point in Spain?
Pico del Teide (12,198 feet/ 3,718 metres)
54. How many letters are in the Spanish language?
55. What is the National color of Spain?
56. What are the most common male names in Spain?
- José Antonio
- José Luis
57. What is the most popular sport in Spain?
58. What is the National instrument of Spain?
59. What are the most common Spanish female names?
- Ana María
- María Pilar
- María Dolores
- María Teresa
60. What is the average height of a Spanish male?
170 cm (5′ 7″)
61. What is the average height of a Spanish female?
161 cm (5′ 3.3″)
62. What is the average lifespan of a Spanish?
83.33 years (2017)
63. What is the National stone of Spain?
64. What is the largest tree in Spain?
El Abuelo de Chavín (10.5m)
65. What are the ethnic groups in Spain?
66. What is the most popular trees in Spain?
67. What are the largest islands in Spain?
- Gran Canaria
68. What is the largest rail station in Spain?
Canfranc International railway station
69. What is the longest river in Spain?
70. What is the largest bridge in Spain?
Viaducto de Montabliz (150 meters/490 ft)
71. What is the smallest river in Spain?
Besós River (25 miles/ 40 km)
72. Who is the most famous celebrity in Spain?
- Queen Isabella
- Hernando Cortes
- Miguel de Cervantes
- Diego Velazquez
- Pablo Picasso
- Salvador Dali
- Penelope Cruz
- Rafael Nadal
73. What is one of Pablo Picasso’s most famous paintings?
74. Who is the most popular singer in Spain?
- Joaquín Ramón Martínez Sabina
- Alejandro Sanz
- Luis Fonsi
- Ricky Martin
- Luis Miguel
- Lola Flores
- Marta Sánchez
- Miguel Bosé
75. When did Spain enter the UN?
14 December 1955
76. What percent of Spain is forest?
77. What is the largest Waterfall in Spain?
Salto del Nervión (222m)
78. What is the National personification of Spain?
Allegory of Hispania
79. What is the most famous volcano in Spain?
80. What is the hottest place in Spain?
81. What are some of the giant companies in Spain?
- Banco Santander
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria
- ACS Group
82. What are the borders of Spain?
Spain is bordered by the Bay of Biscay, the Balearic Sea, the Mediterranean Sea, and the Alboran Sea; Portugal to the west and France and Andorra to the north. To the south, across the Strait of Gibraltar, the semi-enclaves of Ceuta and Melilla are bordered by Morocco.
83. What are some of the foods in Spain?
- Paella Valenciana
- Patatas bravas
- Pimientos de Padron
84. Who first discovered Spain?
Phoenicians (by 1100 bc)
85. What was the old name of Spain?
86. What was the old name of Madrid?
87. What is the name of the tallest architecture in Spain?
Torre de Cristal (250 metres/ 820 ft)
88. What is the largest lake in Spain?
89. What is the most common domesticated animal in Spain?
90. What are the main crops in Spain?
Barley, rice, corn, and wheat
91. What is the main export items of Spain?
Food, beverages, tobacco, automotive sector, chemicals, consumer goods, non-chemical semi-manufactured products, and energy products.
92. What is the smallest mountain in Spain?
93. Spanish Civil War held during which time?
94. What is the oldest architecture in Spain?
Naveta d’Es Tudons (1000 BCE)
95. According to life expectancy, what is the rank of Spain?
96. How many colonies Spain held in the past?
97. What is the largest fast-food chain in Spain?
98. How many UNESCO heritages are there in Spain?
99. What are some of the best, top tourist attractions in Spain?
- La Sagrada Familia, Gaudí-designed landmark church
- Park Güell, Park with Gaudi’s sculptural buildings
- Alhambra, Fortified hilltop Moorish complex
- Casa Milà, Gaudi masterpiece housing arts venue
- Casa Batlló, Fantastical Gaudi-designed apartments
- La Rambla, Barcelona, Cultural hub for shopping and sights
- Royal Alcázar of Seville, Iconic Moorish-Renaissance royal palace
- Plaza Mayor, Madrid’s vibrant main square
- Museo Nacional del Prado, World-class European art collection
100. What is a matador?
A bullfighter whose task is to kill the bull.
Other recommended Trivia
- 120 Chess Trivia Questions and Answers for All
- 111 Sports Trivia Questions for Kids for Excellence
- 120 Good Sports Trivia Questions for Everyone
- 123 Easy Sports Trivia Quiz to Outrun your Competitor
- 100 Sports Quiz Questions for Anytime Learning
- 99 Football Trivia for Kids with Challenging Spirit
- 111 Sports Trivia for Kids to Win A Competition
- 100 Baseball Trivia For Kids with Competitive Minds
- 111 Easy Sports Trivia Questions Everyone Must Know
- 99 Hardest NBA Quiz to Assess your Expertise
- 100 Basketball Trivia Questions Answers to Learn
- 100 Baseball Trivia Quiz for the Crazy Fans
- 110 Football Trivia Questions for Authentic Fans
- 130 Olympics Trivia that Everyone Should Know
- 100 Super Bowl Trivia Questions to Evoke Surprise
- 100 Jaw-Dropping Soccer Trivia Questions for All
- 100 Dallas Cowboys Trivia for the True Fans
- 100 Harry Potter House Quiz for the Real Fans
- 200 Ocean Trivia Questions Everyone Asks
- 200 Weather Trivia Questions Every Expert Knows
- 100 Biology Trivia Questions None Should Miss
- 100 April Fools Trivia Every Intelligent Should Know
- 114 Valentines Day Trivia Everyone Should Solve
- 123 Cricket Quiz Questions and Answer for Fans
- 111 Cricket Trivia General Knowledge for All Time
- 120 NHL Quiz that Every Crazy Fan Should Solve
- 101 NHL Basic Trivia Questions for Hockey Fans
- 140 Golf Trivia Questions that Every Fan Should Know
- 55 Passover Trivia to Know All About Pesach