History gk questions for competitive exams are full of interesting and fresh information a learner will love. From ancient times to the present, a high school global history gk questions for competitive exams will cover the major events that have shaped the globe’s history. Students will look at how ancient civilizations developed, then move on to social and economic upheavals before finishing with a thorough examination of contemporary history gk questions for competitive exams.
What careers are related to history? Job Opportunities for history gk questions for competitive exams and produce graduates. A history teacher in a high school. Lecturer in history at a community college. Professor of history in a college or university. Historian of the government Consultant on the past. Political consultant. Curator of a museum, and Archivist.
Are historians to be trusted? The same may be said for historical documents like history gk questions for competitive exams. Although some sources are more trustworthy than others, all sources are biased in some manner. As a result, historians analyze materials with caution and compare them to other data.
What methods do we use to learn about history? What Evidence Do We Have for Ancient History? Sources: Historians employ three types of sources: primary, secondary, and tertiary. Analysis: The historian’s role is to critically examine their sources, discover faults or sources of bias, and then apply what they’ve learned like history gk questions for competitive exams. Archaeology. Work that is cross-disciplinary.
What does it mean to be a part of history? History is the study of how things change over time, and it encompasses every facet of human civilization. History gk questions general knowledge for competitive exams encompass political, social, economic, scientific, technical, medical, cultural, intellectual, religious, and military changes.
In ancient history, how many sections are there? Ancient History, Medieval History, and Modern history are the three phases of history. Since the prehistoric period of 40001 BC, when the earliest inhabitants of the world began to live, the ancient people of India have had a continuous civilization with examples of history gk questions for competitive exams.
History gk questions for competitive exams
1. Peerage of England “Earl of Pembroke” was created in which year?
2. William The Conqueror Defeats Harold At The Battle of Hastings in which year?
3. What is among the biggest attractions in Amsterdam whereby scores of other historical ships gather along the river IJ for an amazing parade?
4. Who was a Chinese empress and wife of Ai of Han?
5. Wars Of The Roses Begins in which year?
6. “curry rice” was introduced from which country in the late 19th century?
7. American Airlines Flight 320 crashed on approach into the East River. Of 73 people aboard, 65 were killed in 1959 in which airport?
LaGuardia Airport, New York
8. What is the name of a converted merchant ship in service as a seaplane tender from 1915 to 1916 in France?
9. Athassel Priory ruin is located in which country?
Republic of Ireland
10. Guy Fawkes and The Gunpowder Plot Are Discovered in which year?
11. What was a group of farms and communities established by Norsemen from Iceland around 985 in medieval Greenland?
The Western Settlement
12. In 2017, which tall tower in Seoul was completed?
Lotte World Tower
13. Assassination of Julius Caesar in Rome, Roman Republic took place in which year?
14. Alwar was a thriving state in 1296-1949 under which empire?
15. William Shakespeare was born in which year?
16. In which year in Constantinople, Byzantine Empire, Venetians, and other “Latins” massacred during a riot?
17. Who was a cook and cookbook author of the late 5th century BC.?
18. Caracol is a historical Maya site located in which city in Belize?
19. Who was a Chinese empress and wife of Cheng of Han (b. 45 BC)?
20. The Battle of Waterloo took place in which year?
21. Who was the 3rd Earl of Bath, a Peerage of England?
22. Who is Sweden’s first-ever female prime minister, had resigned just hours after she was appointed in November 2021?
23. With its capacity of 15000, Arena VFG, Guadalajara, Mexico was opened in which year?
24. Grammy Award for Album of the Year was first given in which year?
25. The Sealing Of Magna Carta took place in which year?
26. What is a live triple album credited to “George Harrison & Friends” and released on Apple Records in December 1971 in America and January 1972 in Britain?
The Concert for Bangladesh (originally spelled The Concert for Bangla Desh)
27. What is an online collection of over two hundred social dance manuals at the Library of Congress related to the period of cca. 1490–1920?
American Ballroom Companion
28. AB md. 1941 prototype armored car (~1; Romania), an armored fighting vehicle used in which historic event?
World War II
29. In 1988, who won the 100m gold at the Seoul Olympics and then fails the drug test?
30. The Plague (Black Death) Arrives in England in which year?
31. Tachara ruin is located in which country?
32. Who from Lyon, 1620 – Paris, March 1680 was chaplain and adviser to King Louis XIV of France (named as such in 1647)?
Michel de Pure, abbott
33. Una follia opera was composed by whom?
34. In which year, Conservative Party Conference Bombing Grand Hotel in Brighton took place?
Passage de Vénus is a series of photographs of the transit of the planet Venus across the Sun taken in which year?
35. Chunchucmil is a historical Maya site located in which city in Mexico?
36. What was Béatrice Massin?
Béatrice Massin is a leading specialist in Baroque dance
37. Ai of Han, Chinese emperor of the Han Dynasty (b. 27 BC) died on what date in 1 BC?
38. Which defunct airline in Belize ceased its operation in 1981?
Belize Air Cargo
39. What is an archaeological site situated near the Wadi Jarrah in the Khabur River basin in Al-Hasakah Governorate, northeastern Syria?
40. What is the name of the winning horse in the Winter Derby 2002, a Group 3 flat horse race in Great Britain?
41. Who was the Countess of Surrey suo jure in 1148-1203?
Isabel de Warenne
42. What, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is the oldest part of the Harvard University campus, its historic center and modern crossroads?
43. Who was the 29th president of the United States?
Warren G. Harding
44. Who was the only US president to serve in both WWI and WWII?
President Dwight David Eisenhower (1890-1969)
45. Where is the present location of the ancient city Alexandria in Susiana, later Charax Spasinu Alexander the Great founded?
46. President Franklin Roosevelt was a cheerleader for which institution?
Harvard College from 1900 to 1903
47. In which year, The USS Cole was attacked by two suicide terrorists?
48. Memorial to which personality is founded at the St Paul’s, Shipley, West Yorkshire, 1890?
49. Agreement revenue stamp was used by which country in c.1950?
50. City of Luxembourg: its Old Quarters and Fortifications was founded in which time?
51. Which US president invented the Bifocals?
52. Domestic U.S. Air Mail was established as a new class of mail service by the United States Post Office Department (POD) on what date?
May 15, 1918
53. Who was the Roman Emperor in 270–275?
54. who was the Earl of Surrey jure uxoris in 1153-1159?
William I, Count of Boulogne
55. Inverted Curtis Jenny Biplane, an airmail stamp of the United States was released in which year?
56. US president Richard Milhous Nixon was born in which year?
57. On April 14, 1947, in which case in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled that the forced segregation of Mexican-American students into separate “Mexican schools” was unconstitutional and unlawful?
In Mendez v. Westminster
58. The first Martha Washington postage stamp, issued in which year in the USA?
59. Which Age began in the early 15th century with the rounding of the feared Cape Bojador and Portuguese exploration of the west coast of Africa?
The Age of Discovery
60. Russian explorers conquered Siberia in which century?
61. In 1445, Portuguese construction of trading post held in which island?
62. Who collected fables from a wide variety of sources, and adapted them into French free verse in several volumes from 1668 to 1694?
Jean de La Fontaine
63. Domestic air mail became obsolete in the USA in which year?
64. What is the Gold Star Mothers (1948) in the history of the USA?
65. What is the Chalcolithic culture of Nakhchivan?
an Ancient pottery
66. Curtis Jenny Biplane, an airmail stamp of the United States was released in which year?
67. In 1754, who isolates carbon dioxide, which he called “fixed air”?
68. Johns Hopkins School of Medicine was founded in Baltimore in which year?
69. In 2004, Benjamin Abadiano from the Philippines was a Magsaysay awardee under which category?
70. The first radio telescope was invented in which year when Karl Jansky at Bell Telephone Laboratories observed radiation coming from the Milky Way?
71. Great-nephew, stepson, son-in-law and adopted son of Claudius; nephew of Caligula; great-great-nephew of Tiberius; grandson of Germanicus; great-great-grandson of Augustus – who?
72. Who was the Roman Emperor in 275–276?
73. When did first humans arrive in the islands of Southeast Asia, Papua New Guinea, and Australia via the now sunken Sundaland and Sahul land bridges?
About 45,000 BC
74. Which personality became the first woman on a US stamp when the history of women on US stamps begins in 1893?
75. Earliest evidence of dugout canoes was found at what period of time?
About 6,000 BC
76. Diogo Afonso was a Portuguese, explored the Northwest African coast in which century?
77. Aircraft carriers have their origins during which historic event?
World War I
78. What is the name of cases used by ancient Egyptians to contain the internal organs removed during the process of mummification?
79. What is a Late Bronze Age gold pendant found by a metal detectorist in 2018 in Shropshire, England?
The Shropshire bulla
80. Who was Christoph Graupner (1683–1760)?
German composer of at least 113 symphonies
81. Itsukushima Shrine is a World Heritage Site in which country?
82. US stamps have depicted which female goddesses and allegories?
Personifications of liberty
83. In 1833 which historic strike took place in Anzin, France?
Four Pennies Riot
84. Roman Emperor Diocletian received what prestigious title in 298
Armenicus Maximus (“victorious in Armenia”)
85. What was a British aircraft carrier in the Royal Navy, was converted from an ocean liner and became the first example of the standard pattern of an aircraft carrier?
86. What is a Bronze Age round barrow in Cornwall, UK?
87. Who wrote the Pinglongren (Recognition of the Recumbent Dragon) in 756?
The Taoist Mao Kua
88. Found in the Mediterranean on the Eratosthenes Seamount, by the Ocean Exploration Trust’s vessel EV Nautilus wrecked in which century?
4th century BC
89. What title is used for those rulers of Ancient Egypt who ruled after the unification of Upper and Lower Egypt by Narmer during the Early Dynastic Period, approximately 3100 BC.?
90. The Early Dynastic period is an archaeological culture in Mesopotamia that is generally dated to what?
c. 2900–2350 BC
91. Bobby Charlton (England) was inducted in the English Football Hall of Fame in which year?
92. Who was the referee of the 1958 FIFA World Cup final?
Maurice Guigue (France)
93. Women’s version was included in which year’s Olympic Football Tournament?
94. Which usurper emperor ruled the Byzantine Empire in 698–705?
95. Theophilus Van Kannal invented what in 1888 in Philadelphia?
96. Which ancient empire lasted from the reign of Arcadius in 395 to the fall of Constantinople in 1453?
Eastern Roman Empire or Byzantine Empire
97. FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup was founded in which year?
98. Who is the US First first lady (and first American woman) to appear on a U.S. postage stamp?
99. Kyrenia shipwreck took place in which century?
4th century BC.
100. 1858 Queen Victoria sent the first transatlantic telegram to who?
President James Buchanan
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 100 One Word Questions And Answers Trivia in GK Quiz Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers GK
- 100 General Knowledge Questions for Idiots and Answers
- 100 General Knowledge Questions One Word GK Answer Quiz
- Some 100 General Knowledge Questions for Quiz with Answers
- 100 Common GK Questions and Answers Printable Trivia Quiz
- 100 One Word Answer Questions GK Quiz General Knowledge
- 100 General GK Questions with Answers Trivia Printable Quiz
- 100 Online General Knowledge Quiz and Answers GK Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions for Teens English Trivia
- 100 Teenager General Knowledge Questions Trivia GK Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz with Answers English GK Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions Printable GK Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions for Teens GK Printable
- 100 Impossible Trivia Questions and Answers Printable GK Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams
- 100 General Knowledge Questions with Answers for Competitive Exams
- 100 General Knowledge World GK Questions Answers Trivia
- 100 World Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers GK Printable
- 100 Most Popular General Knowledge Questions and Answers