Do you love that we reveal some amazing hard general knowledge quiz questions? Let’s learn something interesting about Charlemagne. Considering how little is known about Charlemagne’s early life, it is likely that he gained real-world leadership experience by taking part in the political, social, and military events connected to his father’s court. His early years were distinguished by a series of occasions that profoundly affected the status of the Franks in the modern world. Explore these hard general knowledge quiz printable questions. Pippin deposed Childeric III, the final ruler of the Merovingian kingdom, in 751, with papal consent. In exchange for the pope’s approval of Pippin’s dynasty’s claim to the Frankish throne, Pippin made a commitment to safeguarding Rome after meeting with him in 753–754 at the royal residence of Ponthion.
A block of land spanning across central Italy was given to the papacy in the so-called Donation of Pippin in 756. Enjoy these hard general knowledge quiz questions and answers. This territory served as the foundation for a new political entity known as the Papal States, over which the pope exercised control. Pippin also intervened militarily in Italy in 755 and 756 to quell Lombard’s threats to Rome.
When Pippin passed away in 768, Charlemagne and his brother Carloman split his land in accordance with Frankish tradition. The two brothers’ animosity soon posed a danger to the stability of the Frankish monarchy. Share the hard general knowledge quiz questions. To gain an edge over his brother, Charlemagne created an alliance with Desiderius, king of the Lombards, taking the king’s daughter as his bride to complete a deal that jeopardized the delicate balance that Pippin’s relationship with the pope had achieved in Italy. Carloman’s passing in 771 put an end to the escalating conflict, and Charlemagne, disregarding Carloman’s heirs’ legal rights, seized control of the whole Frankish kingdom.
When Charlemagne became emperor, his country was affected by significant forces of change. He was a warrior king, according to Frankish custom, and was supposed to command his subjects in battles that would increase Frankish dominance and provide benefits to his allies. Discuss the hard general knowledge quiz questions.
Although his Merovingian forebears had done an impressive job of conquest, the kingdom they left behind was populated by a variety of peoples, making it harder to maintain a cohesive government. The insatiable desire of the Frankish aristocracy for wealth and power as well as the ongoing division of the Frankish realm as a result of the tradition of treating the kingdom as a patrimony to be divided among all the male heirs surviving each king complicated the situation for the Merovingian kings. It’s time to solve the hard trivia GK general knowledge quiz questions!
Hard general knowledge quiz questions
1. Name a word with vowels in order.
2. Moggie is a breed name of which animal?
3. Vladimir Nabokov created his famous fiction Pale Fire in which year?
4. What is the length of the Zambezi river which is outflown from the Mozambique Channel?
5. Schistes falls is located in which Canadian province?
6. Hanno, son of Bomilcar was one of the Carthaginian commanders of which war?
7. What is the average gestation duration of the Rhinoceros (Indian)?
8. What is the study of animal diseases?
Zoopathology (“Animal pathology”),
9. What is an archaeologist who specializes in the analysis of a particular type of find, e.g. medieval pottery or prehistoric worked flint?
10. Blaenau Ffestiniog town is located in which country?
11. What do you say in the French idiom for “little by little, the bird builds his nest”?
petit à petit, l’oiseau fait son nid – little strokes fell great oaks
12. What do you say to “undergo depletion of energy, strength, or interest”?
13. PC shortcut keys: Win + L=?
[Lock your PC or switch people]
14. What is the national emblem of the Democratic Republic of the Congo?
15. What is the nationality of Denis Papin who invented a Steam Boat in 1704?
16. Who was the Locus Award winner in 1984 for Best Fantasy Novel?
Marion Zimmer Bradley
17. Which airport has its IATA code ACS?
Achinsk Airport (Russia)
18. Which Old World monkey species has its scientific name Chlorocebus tantalus?
19. Louise Arbour was featured on a postage stamp of Canada in which year?
20. Who patented “Electrical Transmission of Power” – 1888 May 1?
21. The first Machins postage stamp was issued in which year in the UK?
22. Eltham District Historical Society is located in which Australian state?
23. J. K. Rowling authored which literary work in 1997?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
24. Who became the first cantor of either sex in Reconstructionist Judaism in 2002?
25. What is Mia’s full name in Anne Hathaway’s movie The Princess Diaries?
Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo
26. How is the age of a tree identified?
By the number of rings on the trunk
27. Which USA has the most counties?
28. Predynastic slate palettes represent which freshwater (soft carapace, Trionyx triunguis) animals, as does the hieroglyph?
29. An fake pigeon on a wire is shown in a demonstration by the Greek mathematician Archytas of Tarentum. When was it possible that it was a kite?
c. 400 BC
30. Who was the artist of “The Recall of Columbus” on the stamp of the United States that appeared in 1893?
A. G. Heaton
31. What’s the biggest animal in the world?
The blue whale
32. In 528, Sassanid Persians defeat Byzantines under Belisarius, death of Jabalah IV ibn al-Harith in which event of history?
Battle of Thannuris (and/or Battle of Mindouos)
33. Who is considered the traditional founder of the covenant with God according to Judaism?
34. Who was the Greek God of the Sky?
35. Who authored the fiction “Thinner” in 1984?
36. James Watt (Scottish) invented Steam Engine in which year?
37. What does IPA stand for?
Indian Pale Ale
38. Flower mantis demonstrates which camouflage methods?
39. What movie from the 1970s made many people afraid to go swimming in the ocean?
40. Who was the legendary Indian king (Maharaja) of Baran, a city of traders?
41. William Faulkner took the title of the book “Absalom, Absalom!” from which source?
Bible: 2 Samuel 19:4
42. El Hank Lighthouse is located in which country?
43. What is a children’s picture book written and illustrated by John Burningham and published by Jonathan Cape in 1963?
Borka: The Adventures of a Goose With No Feathers
44. Nobel laureate David MacMillan (Chemistry, 2021) was born in born in which country?
45. Who was the wife of Emperor Augustus Caesar from 27 BC to AD 14?
46. Thomas Newcomen (British) invented what in 1712?
47. Waco Regional Airport is located in which country?
48. What mission was the first time anyone had journeyed into outer space and the first time anyone had entered into orbit?
The Vostok 1
49. Where is the Daniel K. Inouye Solar Telescope (DKIST) located?
Haleakalā, Maui, Hawaii, United States
50. What is phormium (Phormium tenax)?
A leaf fibre
More Interesting Articles
- 100 Simple General Knowledge Questions and Answers in English
- 50 General World Knowledge Quiz GK Trivia English Printable
- 50 Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 50 Silly Questions and Answers Trivia General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Fun Trivia Questions and Answers for Adults Printable Quiz
- 50 Fun Pub Quiz General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 50 Trivia Questions General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers Printable
- 60 Horse Riding Racing Quiz Questions Horses General Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge History Quiz Questions Answer Trivia
- 100 Good Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers Facts
- 100 Best Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- The 100 Best Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Trivia Questions and Answers Easy Printable Quiz
- 100 History General Knowledge Quiz with Answers Trivia Online
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz for Students with Answers Trivia
- 100 Mixed Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Mixed General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers Test
- 100 General Knowledge Fun Questions Quiz Trivia Fun Facts