What are some of the interesting GK quiz questions and answers in printable quizzes? Let’s learn something amazing about Charlemagne. Charlemagne launched several operations while the conquest of Saxony was ongoing. He renounced his Lombard bride and his relationship with her father, King Desiderius, as soon as he became sole ruler in 771. Let’s have some GK quiz questions and answers in printable quizzes. After that, in 773–74, he led a successful invasion into Italy in response to the protection requests of Pope Adrian I (772–795), which resulted in his accession of the Lombard throne and the acquisition of northern Italy.
Charlemagne visited Rome during this expedition to reinforce the Frankish sovereignty over the pope and to guarantee the papal rights to the areas Charlemagne’s father had relinquished. Explore GK quiz questions and answers in printable quizzes. However, more campaigns were necessary to fully unite the Lombard kingdom with the Frankish realm; an essential step in that process occurred in 781 when Charlemagne established an Italian subkingdom with his son Pippin as ruler.
Charlemagne invaded Spain in 778 because he was worried about protecting southern Gaul from Muslim raids and was duped by promises of assistance from local Muslim leaders in northern Spain who were trying to get away from the control of the Umayyad king of Cordoba. Enjoy GK quiz questions and answers in printable quizzes. That misguided endeavor resulted in a terrible Gascon (Basque) victory over the fleeing Frankish army, which was immortalized three centuries later in the epic poem The Song of Roland.
Despite this defeat, Charlemagne continued his efforts to control the Spanish boundary. He established the subkingdom of Aquitaine in 781, with his son Louis as ruler. Stick to the GK quiz questions and answers in printable quizzes. Frankish soldiers launched a number of expeditions from this stronghold, leading to the ultimate conquest of the Spanish March, an area between the Pyrenees and the Ebro River.
Charlemagne forcibly seized Bavaria in 787–788, whose rulers had long opposed Frankish dominance. Share these GK quiz questions and answers in printable quizzes. With that victory, the Franks were able to confront the Asiatic nomads known as the Avars, who had built up a sizable kingdom in the late sixth and early seventh century and were mostly populated by Slavs who had been subjugated were living on both banks of the Danube.
Successive Frankish campaigns in 791, 795, and 796 accelerated the fall of that empire. By the eighth century, Avar authority was waning. Avars and their former Slavic dependents were converted to Christianity by Charlemagne, who also claimed a region south of the Danube in Carinthia and Pannonia and amassed a substantial haul of loot. It’s time to solve these GK quiz questions and answers in printable quizzes!
GK quiz questions and answers printable trivia
1. Vøringsfossen falls is located in which County in Norway?
2. Hasdrubal Gisco was one of the Carthaginian commanders of which war?
3. Forensic archaeologists employ their knowledge of archaeological techniques and theory in a legal context in which form of Archaeology?
4. Elon Musk bought Twitter for how much on October 4, 2022?
5. Blairhill town is located in which country?
6. What is the average gestation duration of a Seal?
7. Who created the famous fiction We Have Always Lived in the Castle in 1962?
8. Which airport has its IATA code ACV?
Arcata-Eureka Airport (USA)
9. What is the nationality of Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit who invented a Mercury Thermometer in 1714?
10. Snowshoe is a breed name of which animal?
11. What do you say by “highly involved; complex”?
12. Paul Anka was featured on a postage stamp of Canada in which year?
13. What is the mathematical study of closeness and connectedness?
14. Sunshield military technique demonstrates which camouflage methods?
15. Who patented the “Commutator for dynamo-electric machines” – 1888 May 15?
16. Who was the Greek God of War?
17. What is the national emblem of Costa Rica?
Clay-colored robin known as Yiguirro
18. Where is the GREGOR telescope located?
19. Who is considered the traditional founder of Modern Hinduism?
20. PC shortcut keys: Win + O=?
[Lock device orientation]
21. Cao Xueqin authored which literary work in 1791?
Dream of the Red Chamber
22. Born in the UK, Nobel laureate David MacMillan was awarded the Nobel prize in 2021 in which category?
23. What is the length of the Araguaia river which is outflown from the Tocantins?
24. The 50 states of the United States are divided into how many counties?
25. Which Old World monkey species has its scientific name Chlorocebus cynosuros?
26. Who authored the fiction “The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three” in 1987?
27. Heidelberg Historical Society is located in which Australian state?
28. Who plays Delboy Trotter in Only Fools And Horses?
29. Arab League Park of Casablanca is located in which country?
30. Which period came first, the Jurassic or Triassic?
The Triassic Period
31. A stone vase of ancient Egypt in the form of a turtle was found at which site?
32. Alesiaeum is an ancient location mentioned in which literary work?
33. Who was the artist of the “Columbus in Chains” on the stamp of the United States that appeared in 1893?
34. Who was the Locus Award winner in 1982 for Best Fantasy Novel?
35. How many times has Andy Murray won Wimbledon playing singles?
Twice – in 2013 against Novak Djokovic and in 2016 against Milos Raonic
36. John Dollond (British) invented what in 1758?
37. Livia Drusilla was the daughter of which Roman Senator?
Marcus Livius Drusus Claudianus
38. What was the first human spaceflight?
39. Who was born in Iran, Who became the first Persian woman to be ordained as a cantor in America?
Tannoz Bahremand Foruzanfar
40. Around what period was the first hot air balloon given the name Kongming lantern due to its military application?
c. 200 BC
41. Aldous Huxley took the title of the work “After Many a Summer Dies the Swan” from which source?
Alfred, Lord Tennyson, “Tithonus”
42. In 530, Byzantine Empire defeats the Sassanid Empire in which event of history?
Battle of Satala
43. What is a 1961 American children’s picture book written and illustrated by Peter Spier?
The Fox Went out on a Chilly Night: An Old Song
44. In which year Asbestos strike took place in Quebec, Canada?
45. “double” is a what type of predeterminer in English grammar?
46. John Dollond (British) invented the Achromatic Lens in which year?
47. What is akund floss (Calotropis procera and C. gigantea)?
A seed hair and other fibre
48. Also known as Bilawhar and Budhasaf, who are the legendary Christian saints?
Barlaam and Josaphat
49. In which year Asturian miners’ strike took place in Asturias, Spain?
50. Which airport has its IATA code ACX?
Xingyi Wanfenglin Airport (China)
More Interesting Articles
- 100 Simple General Knowledge Questions and Answers in English
- 50 General World Knowledge Quiz GK Trivia English Printable
- 50 Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 50 Silly Questions and Answers Trivia General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Fun Trivia Questions and Answers for Adults Printable Quiz
- 50 Fun Pub Quiz General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 50 Trivia Questions General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers Printable
- 60 Horse Riding Racing Quiz Questions Horses General Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge History Quiz Questions Answer Trivia
- 100 Good Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers Facts
- 100 Best Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- The 100 Best Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Trivia Questions and Answers Easy Printable Quiz
- 100 History General Knowledge Quiz with Answers Trivia Online
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz for Students with Answers Trivia
- 100 Mixed Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Mixed General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers Test
- 100 General Knowledge Fun Questions Quiz Trivia Fun Facts