50s trivia for seniors general knowledge trivia quiz history interesting facts and cool information useful for fun and learning with printable English style. What is the difference between the 1950s and 1950’s? If you see the term in the 1950s, it refers to any period of time throughout the decade of the 1950s (10 years). Solve these 50s trivia for seniors general knowledge trivia quiz. To put it another way, from January 1, 1950, to December 31, 1959. The 1950’s (with an apostrophe) is improper English (as it always has been), but it has the same meaning as the 1950s. For instance, consider the 1950s.
Their urge to rebel against adult control was reflected in the music of the day, particularly rock & roll. Other kinds of popular culture of the 1950s, such as cinema and television, aimed to entertain while promoting values like religious faith, patriotism, and adherence to social standards. Enjoy these 50s trivia for seniors’ general knowledge trivia quiz.
The 1950s were a golden age for the baby boomers. The economy was booming, and people all around the country were yearning for family and stability after the long years of war. As a result, there was a marriage boom, a baby rate boom, and a housing boom in 1950s family life. Explore these 50s trivia for seniors general knowledge trivia quiz.
The Golden Age of American capitalism is typically referred to as the time from 1950 and 1970. During those years, real per capita income increased at a rate of 2.25 percent per year, and affluence became more democratized as a large number of Americans reached the middle class. Find these 50s trivia for seniors general knowledge trivia quiz
A feeling of homogeneity dominated American culture in the 1950s. Young and old alike accepted group norms rather than breaking out on their own, resulting in a high level of conformity. Despite the fact that men and women were driven into new job patterns during World War II, conventional roles were entrenched once the war ended. Grab these free 50s trivia for seniors general knowledge trivia quiz.
The 1950s housewife wore flowered aprons, kept her home immaculate, and baked all day. One who single-handedly reared the kids while looking like a glamour puss and served dinner to hubby as he walked through the door. Hook with these 50s trivia for seniors general knowledge trivia quiz.
50s General Knowledge Trivia for Seniors Fun English Quiz
1. The 1952 United States presidential election was the what number quadrennial presidential election?
2. Who was an American military officer and statesman who served as the 34th president of the United States from 1953 to 1961?
Dwight David “Ike” Eisenhower
3. Historic Montgomery Bus Boycott occurred in which year?
4. Who became the Soviet Premier in 198?
5. In 1952, NFL Dallas Texans (former Boston Yanks) play the last game, losing to the Lions in Detroit, finishing with what record?
6. Which war in 1950 left 33,742 American soldiers dead, 92,134 wounded, and 80,000 missing in action (MIA) or prisoner of war (POW)?
7. USS Nautilus – First Atomic Submarine was launched in which year?
8. Actor John Hughes was born in which year?
9. AFL-CIO Merger was held in which year?
10. In 1950, which famous actor began his career with an appearance in a Pepsi commercial?
11. Hungarian Uprising was initiated in which year?
12. The Vietnam War began in which year?
13. Historic Warsaw Pact was formed in which year?
14. Vladimir Putin was born in which year?
15. In 1956, Dodgers trade whom to Giants for pitcher Dick Littlefield & $35,000, Robinson would retire rather than be traded?
16. Writer George Bernard Shaw was died in which year?
17. Sputnik was first launched in which year?
18. The New York Stock Exchange established Rule 394, forbidding its members from making transactions in NYSE stocks off the exchange in which year?
19. Edgar Rice Burroughs, Creator of Tarzan died on what date in 1950?
20. In 1959, in the 1st Liberty Bowl game-Penn State beat which team by 7-0?
21. Carried out in 1953, what was a US government study that involved cutting out body parts from the dead, especially children, to ascertain the impact of radioactive fallout on the world’s populace?
22. In 1957, “Peyton Place” film based on the novel by Grace Metalious, directed by Mark Robson and starring whom was released?
Lana Turner and Hope Lange
23. What was a group of nine African American students enrolled in Little Rock Central High School in 1957?
The Little Rock Nine
24. What was a war fought on Egyptian territory in 1956?
The Suez Crisis
25. In 1957, “Music Man” opens at which theatre in NYC for 1375 performances?
26. Bibhutibhushan Bandyopadhyay, a Bengali poet, and writer was died on what date in 1950?
27. Mary, Deborah, Linda, Debra, Patricia; Susan (tie), Barbara, Maria, Karen, Nancy were the top ten female names in which year?
28. Imran Khan, cricketer, politician, and the President of Pakistan was born in which year?
29. On October 11, 1954, Hurricane Hazel crossed over which country, killing 1,000?
30. In 1955, who recorded the popular “Blue Suede Shoes”?
31. Which historic war eventually led to the independence of Algeria from France?
Algerian War (1954–1962)
32. In 1956, “Anastasia” comeback film for which actor was released in the US, the role won the Bergman Academy Award for Best Actress?
33. Which disaster hit central Honshū on September 26, 1959, killing an estimated 5,098, injuring another 38,921, and leaving 1,533,000 homeless in the Nagoya area?
34. Pop singer Michel Jackson was born in which year?
35. KFYR TV channel 5 in Bismarck, ND (NBC/ABC) begins broadcasting in which year?
36. NASA Project Mercury was launched in which year?
37. Congress adopted a general Code of Ethics for officials and employees of the federal government was enacted in which year?
38. On what date, a KLM Lockheed Constellation crashed into the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Ireland, killing all 99 people aboard?
August 14, 1958
39. 1956 Summer Olympics was held in which city in Australia?
40. In 1952, Queen Juliana unveils which statue?
41. “baby boom” was initiated in which decade?
42. In which year, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission had brought Crowell-Collier, an administrative action against American Stock Exchange?
43. In 1959, Archbishop Makarios elected 1st president of which country?
44. 1950 World Cup hosted by Brazil, won by which teaM
45. In 1951, Nazi General Christiansen leaves which country?
46. The 1958 World Cup is notable for marking the debut of which then largely unknown 17-year-old footballer on the world stage?
47. The Great Leap Forward in China was launched in which year in Nanjing?
48. The European economic community of the common market was formed in 1958 in which country?
49. Which American actress, model, and singer was a top-billed actress for only a decade, popular sex symbols of the 1950s and early 1960s?
50. In 1950, the Chinese invasion of Tibet forced which Tibetan spiritual leader to flee?
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 100 Good Family Quiz Questions English General Knowledge
- 100 Fun General Knowledge Quiz Questions English Printable
- 100 World General Knowledge Quiz English GK Trivia Printable
- 100 GK Questions for Quiz Competition with Answers in English
- 100 Brain Teaser Quiz Questions Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Very Hard Quiz Questions General Knowledge Printable
- 100 Good General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers English
- 100 Free Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Quick Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Weekly General Knowledge Free Quiz Questions Answers
- 100 Quiz Questions for Adults with Answers GK Printable Trivia
- 100 Daily Quiz Questions Answers GK Trivia English Printable
- 100 Obscure General Knowledge Questions with Answers Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions Printable English Trivia
- 100 Around the World General Knowledge Quiz Questions GK
- 100 Pub General Knowledge Questions and Answers Free Quiz
- 100 Best General Knowledge Quiz Questions Ever with Answers
- 100 Best General Knowledge Quiz Printable GK Online Trivia
- 100 Top General Knowledge Questions GK Trivia Printable Quiz
- 100 Best General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answer Printable