The knowledge is full of great quiz questions with answers. One of history’s most illustrious conquerors, Genghis Khan, also known as Chinggis, Chingis, Jenghiz, or Jinghis, was a Mongolian warrior-ruler who was born in 1162 near Lake Baikal and died on August 18, 1227. Explore the general knowledge of great quiz questions with answers. He united the tribes of Mongolia into one nation and then expanded his empire across Asia to the Adriatic Sea. His original name was Temüjin, also spelled Temuchin.
Genghis Khan was a brilliant warrior and king who united all the Mongolian nomadic tribes under his and his family’s control in a strict military state after beginning his rule in obscurity and insignificance. Share the great quiz questions with answers. A series of campaigns of pillage and conquest that eventually took the Mongol armies as far as the Adriatic Sea in one direction and the Pacific coast of China in the other led to the establishment of the great Mongol Empire. He then turned his attention to the settled peoples outside the boundaries of his nomadic realm.
Only non-Mongol sources, with the exception of the saga-like Secret History of the Mongols (1240? ), have material that is close to contemporaneous with Genghis Khan’s life. Nearly all authors, including those who served the Mongols, have focused on the immense damage brought on by their invasions. Find more great quiz questions with answers. One Arab historian frankly said that the thought of them horrified him. The 13th-century historian Matthew Paris, who lived outside the Mongol realm and relied on second-hand reports, described them as a “detestable nation of Satan that flowed out like devils from Tartarus so that they are rightfully named Tartars.”
His use of the classical word Tartarus (Hell) and the old tribal name Tatar, which some of the nomads still go by, was a play on words, but his description captures the fear that the Mongols inspired. Ponder over the great trivia GK quiz questions with answers. Even though his generals usually worked independently, without direct command, Genghis Khan must share the reputation of his people as the creator of the Mongol nation, the architect of the Mongol army, and the brains behind their campaigns. It would be incorrect to interpret the Mongol wars as accidental raids by bands of roving barbarians.
It’s also untrue, contrary to what some have assumed, that these efforts were somehow prompted by Inner Asia’s gradual desiccation, which forced the nomads to seek out fresh pastures. Again, the Mongol invasions were not a singular occurrence. Search for the free online great quiz questions with answers. Genghis Khan was not the first nor the last nomadic conqueror to wreak havoc on the populated edges of Eurasia after emerging from the steppe. Simply put, compared to previous leaders, his campaigns were more extensive, effective, and successful. They affected a larger portion of the Eurasian continent and a wide range of various cultures, and they had a more violent impact on those sedentary peoples who had the habit of writing down occurrences. Below, you will find some more great quiz questions with answers. Enjoy!
Great General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
1. Norm Hadley is a rugby player from which country?
2. What company that produced the first record players was founded in 1901?
The Victor Talking Machine Co.
3. Oleg, a relative of Rurik and regent of his son, Prince Igor, in Russia ended his reign in which year?
4. In the Near East region, in the early Bronze Age, which kingdom was started in c. 2500 BC?
Kingdom of Lagash
5. In which year, Drilling begins on the Lakeview Gusher?
6. 1st junior high school in the US opens (Berkeley California) in which year?
7. Which Emperor in ~900 prohibited voluntary self-enslavement and commanded that such contracts shall be null and void?
Emperor Leo VI the Wise
8. In 1900, John Hay announces the Open Door Policy to promote trade with which country?
9. The Olmec developed a culture with a polytheistic pantheon and monumental architecture in which years?
c 1200-400 BCE
10. Jews of Laibach Austria expelled in which year?
11. What was the contribution of Tom Basden – guitar?
A musical comedian
12. 1st official Dutch 11-city skate (Minne Hoekstra in 13:50) in which year?
13. Released on November 21, 2011, what was the name of American singer Lady Gaga’s video album?
Lady Gaga Presents the Monster Ball Tour: At Madison Square Garden
14. Argentine Grand Prix was first held in which year?
15. British troops occupy Calcutta India in which year?
16. Margaret Court Arena is located in which country?
17. In 1908, the Canadian branch of the Royal Mint opens in which city?
18. Weighing scale is the symbol of which asteroid was invented in 1845?
19. Open Championship golf tournament was first held in Musselburgh Links venue in which year?
20. In which year, does Staatsoper Hamburg open with Theiles “Adam und Eva”?
21. Birmingham and Warwick Junction Canal, a vital water source of the United Kingdom was opened in which year?
22. In 1906, who receives a US patent for the world’s first air conditioner?
23. “Several” is a what type of determiner in English grammar?
24. Hamilcar (fortifier of Drepanum) was one of the Carthaginian commanders of which war?
First Punic War
25. The 1st first blood transfusion using stored and cooled blood is performed in which year?
26. Which Roman Emperor was awarded the victory title Carpicus Maximus (“great victor of the Carpians”), six times between 297 and 308?
27. American anarcho-syndicalist union is known as the Industrial Workers of the World forms in which year?
28. The 24th president died in 1908. Who was he?
President Grover Cleveland
29. What is Ristretto?
30. In Great Britain, the Old Age Pension Law is finally instituted, providing pensions for every British subject over 70 with low income in which year?
31. How many years make the Dodrabicentennial anniversary?
32. What are the dry downslope winds that affect coastal Southern California and northern Baja California?
Santa Ana winds
33. Rugby enthusiasm was spread rapidly to Ireland with a club founded at the University of Dublin in which year?
34. “One-ball condition” term is associated with which sport?
35. In 1585, Spain & Catholic France sign which deal?
Saint League of Joinville
36. What is the length of the Japurá (Rio Yapurá) river which is outflown from the Amazon?
37. In 1905, Japanese troops captured which port from Russia, a blow to national morale and causing further discontent within Russia?
38. Name a word with vowels in order.
39. In 1945, Evelyn Waugh created which of the famous fiction?
40. In 1602, the Spanish forces in Ireland surrender to the English army at which city?
41. Shiba Inu is a breed name of which animal?
42. In 1905, Elara, a satellite of Jupiter, was discovered by Charles Dillon Perrine in which city in California?
43. Goðafoss falls is located in which region in Iceland?
44. Who said, “Less is more”?
Architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
45. In 1910, which British naval officer was promoted to rear admiral?
46. John Boyne wrote which fiction in 2006?
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
47. Words to use instead of “Very Fat”?
48. What is Traumatology?
The study of wounds and injuries caused by accidents or assaults and their surgical treatment and repair; a branch of medicine
49. What is the average gestation duration of a Squirrel (gray)?
50. Belgian Mining law introduces 9½ hour work day in which year?
More Interesting Articles
- 50 Fun Facts Quiz with Answers Trivia General Knowledge Test
- 50 GK Trivia Questions and Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Printable General Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 Silly General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Free General Knowledge Quiz with Answers Interesting Facts
- 50 General Trivia Quiz with Answers Easy Printable GK Test
- 50 General Knowledge Family Quiz GK Trivia Questions Answer
- 50 General Fun Trivia Questions English Printable GK Quiz
- 50 Fun Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Questions History and Answers Quiz
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Difficult General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 65 Horse Racing Quiz Questions Answers Random Trivia Horses
- 50 Family Fun General Knowledge Quizzes with Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Bee Printable Trivia in English
- 50 Weird Trivia Questions for Adults General Knowledge Quiz
- 50 GK Questions and Answers Easy English General Knowledge
- 100 Stranger Things Quiz 100 Questions General Knowledge
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 GK Questions Easy with Answers English Printable Trivia