General knowledge questions history and answers are full of quite fresh and new interesting facts that you did not know. There are many stories in history. Some are uplifting and motivating, while others are disorderly and immoral. There are many important lessons to be learned if you delve into the fascinating world of history with these general knowledge questions history and answers. They’ll look at periods of hardship and times of joy, and the lessons they gain may be applied to their own lives.
History also fosters a more in-depth appreciation of diversity. There are lessons to be learned from our forefathers’ interactions with individuals who live in other ways, both good and negative from general knowledge questions history, and answers. In a modern society where everyone is welcome regardless of their origin, knowing how prior cultures have merged is critical to humanity’s future progress by dint of general knowledge questions history, and answers.
Nations are formed out of a jumble of mythology and myths. These narratives influence how we view our nation and our place within general knowledge questions history and answers. We may learn about how great institutions are established and how they have contributed to where we are today by studying history.
Looking back at wonderful fellow countrymen is a method for many of us to construct our own identity by general knowledge questions history and answers. Childhood is spent figuring out who we are and what impact we can have on the world. Allowing youngsters to learn about their country’s identity is one approach to help them do so with general knowledge questions history and answers.
General knowledge questions history and answers
1. Which old Assamese text discusses duck meat, squab, and tortoise meat?
2. In the First and Second World Wars, which English Tower was again used as a prison and witnessed the executions of 12 men for espionage?
Tower of London
3. What is the name of the Brazilian National Forest in Amapá as the Amazon biome developed in 1989 on 460,359 hectors of land?
4. Peterhof Palace landmark and museum is located in which city in Russia?
5. In Medieval China children up to 7 years old would do what?
6. Strawberry ice cream was originated in the USA during which year?
Dates back at least to 1813 in the U.S.
7. What is the length of the United States numbered Highway US 3 (Route 2A/Route 3 in Boston, MA – Canadian border at Pittsburg, NH)?
8. Chesapeake and Ohio Railway is now Defunct, once operated in which US city?
9. Duck blood and vermicelli soup was originated in which country?
10. Who wrote the book The Amazing Mr. Ripley?
11. Mubuchae, tempered birch fan is a premodern combat weapon in which country?
12. Which Iraqi footballer had scored 78 international men’s football goals during his 137 caps career?
13. What is the significance of April 27, 1789, during French Revolution?
Workers from the Réveillon wallpaper factory in the Faubourg Saint-Antoine rioted in Paris. In clashes with police, twenty-five employees were slain.
14. Third Battle of the Aisne was a deadly battle in which historic event?
15. In 1500 BC Egyptian women had to be what to be beautiful?
16. Battle of Bardia was a deadly battle in which historic event?
WWII (January 1941)
17. In 1839, the ability of some materials to create an electrical charge from light exposure was first observed by whom?
18. Robert Lewandowski, Poland played his first international football match on what date?
10 September 2008
19. The BSE SENSEX is a free-float market-weighted stock market founded in which year?
20. Kachag Castle built in 1751 by Panah Ali Khan/Karabakh Khanate located in Shusha which country?
21. What is the German name for small, cobble stone-sized memorials installed all over Europe by German artist Gunter Demnig?
22. Thüringer, now officially the Lëtzebuerger Grillwurscht or Luxembourg grill sausages were actually originated in which country?
23. What was the Four Seasons Total Landscaping press conference?
On November 7, 2020, four days after the United States presidential election, hosted by Rudy Giuliani
24. The Emirates Palace is a luxury five-star hotel in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, launched in which year?
25. Alexandria National Museum was opened in which year?
26. Beach rugby sport was originated in which country?
27. Battle of Nibeiwa was a deadly battle in which historic event?
WWII (December 1940)
28. Great American Beer Festival was first celebrated in which year?
29. An equestrian statue of Umberto I by Odoardo Tabacchi is located in at Piazza Cairoli in which country?
30. Which Peerage of England was attributed from 1525?
Earl of Rutland
31. Battle of Albert (1916) was a deadly battle in which historic event?
32. In 1881, who created the first commercial solar panel?
33. Stollhof Hoard is an archaeological discovery in which country?
34. Who was the 6th Earl of Kent?
35. Fuzzy concept was invented in which country?
36. What is a Latin epic poem, written by Virgil between 29 and 19 BC?
37. Who was the top scoter of the La Liga football league session 1932–33?
38. Who designed the first jet engine – flew in 1941?
Sir Frank Whittle
39. Germans call a WW1 sea-fight Battle of Skagerrak what in the UK?
Battle of Jutland
40. What links Ornithopod, Non-Avian Coelurosaur, Ornithischian, Theropod, and Dromaeosaur?
Classification of dinosaurs
41. The Book of Etiquette and Ceremonial is a Chinese classic text about which dynasty?
42. Heritage Days is an annual three-day art, crafts, and entertainment street festival that began in which year?
43. Found in Austria, what is the estimated age of The Venus of Willendorf, an 11.1-centimeter-tall (4.4 in) Venus figurine?
44. What was a weekly Brazilian children’s magazine, published between 1905 and 1977?
45. Who was the 5th Earl of Derby?
46. In 2013, which painting became the first full-sized Van Gogh painting to be newly confirmed since 1928?
Sunset at Montmajour
47. What was the name of a US Union side-wheel gunboat sunk in Mobile Bay after heavy damage during the Battle of Mobile Bay on 5 August 1864?
48. What is an annual Laz festival held each year at the end of August or the beginning of September in Sarpi village, Georgia, first held on August 7, 1978?
49. On July 21, 1919, which Goodyear dirigible commercial aircraft catches fire and crashes into Illinois?
Wingfoot Air Express
50. What is the name of the Greek monolith built in 610–590 BC in Delos, Greek isles?
Colossus of the Naxians
51. What is Komiprisen?
Komiprisen was an annual Norwegian award ceremony
52. In 1736, which mathemetician writes on the pendulum equation without the small-angle approximation?
53. Port (left) was called what before Admiralty named it port in 1844?
54. Discovered in Austria, what was an ancient Roman bronze statue dating to the first century B.C?
The Youth of Magdalensberg
55. Who painted the famous Benois Madonna (c.?1478–1481) currently located at Hermitage, Saint Petersburg?
Leonardo da Vinci
56. Frivolitá is a 1930 animation film directed by Luiz Seel, in which country?
57. Shanghai Animation Film Studio was founded in which year?
58. What is the “Ritual to the Short People”, is a ritual of the Saisiyat people, a Taiwanese aboriginal group?
59. A Little Soldier of the 8th Route Army is a 1973 animated film in which country?
60. Torgilsbu ruins is located in which country?
61. What was the oldest and largest language bookshop in Australasia, established in 1938 as a free lending library by William Bernard (WB) Wigston?
Foreign Language Bookshop
62. In c. 300 BC, Euclid’s which mathematical treaty gives a geometric construction with Euclidean tools for the solution of the quadratic equation for positive real roots?
63. On which year’s September 14, a Daimler Airway de Havilland DH.34 crashes at Ivinghoe, Buckinghamshire, England, after stalling while attempting an emergency landing, killing all five onboard?
64. Founded in 1968, Hospital Tobar García is a children’s hospital in which country?
65. Who was the last Tudor monarch of England?
66. Harvey L. Poppel is generally credited with inventing Harvey balls in which decade?
67. Which famous artist produced more than 2,000 artworks, consisting of around 900 paintings and 1,100 drawings and sketches?
Vincent Van Gogh
68. What is a professional baseball organization and the oldest major professional sports league in the world?
Major League Baseball (MLB)
69. Sans-Souci Palace ruins is located in which country?
70. Which 1954 film won eight Oscars?
On the Waterfront
71. Directed by He Yumen in 1975, what is the name of the 21 min animation film made in China?
72. What was The Time of Troubles, or Smuta?
A period of political crisis during the Tsardom of Russia which began in 1598 with the death of Fyodor I and ended in 1613
73. Which Prime Minister of Malaysia died in Office after serving 5 years, 114 days?
Abdul Razak Hussein, 2nd Prime Minister,
74. In which year Chesapeake Bay Retriever has been designated as the state dog in Maryland?
75. Which SF author created the character, Lazarus Long?
76. Who was the artist of the music album Dedicated to You released in March 1950?
77. Alconétar Bridge on Tagus river in Alconétar city is located in which country?
78. Santa Maria del Fiore, the first monumental dome built in 1436–1871 during the Roman Catholic Archdiocese is located in which city?
79. Surkh Kotal is an archaeological site in which country?
80. Who is often referred to as Father of Independence (Bapa Kemerdekaan) and Father of Malaysia (Bapa Malaysia)?
Tunku Abdul Rahman
81. What is the tallest statue with a pedestal in Europe?
Peter the Great (98 m (322 ft)), Moscow
82. Among the national anthems, the first to be composed was the Dutch national anthem, the “Wilhelmus”, which was written between which years?
1568 and 1572
83. Tabán ruins is located in which country?
84. What was the name of the march that began among women in the marketplaces of Paris who, on the morning of 5 October 1789?
Women’s March on Versailles
85. Defense of Constitutions is a 3 volume work written by which US president?
86. In which city of Argentina, Cristóbal Colón ‘en las Americas’ (Christopher Columbus ‘in the Americas’) built in 1992?
87. Who is referred to as Father of Unity (Bapa Perpaduan) of Malaysia?
88. Which country’s anthem employs the oldest lyrics of any national anthem, taking its words from the “Kokin Wakashū”, which was first published in 905?
The Japanese anthem, “Kimigayo”
89. In March 2013, which 16-year-old American singer auditioned for season four of the American singing competition The Voice?
90. In ancient Rome what was the triclinium?
91. Who was the 1st Vice President of the United States?
92. What is a decentralized political and social movement protesting against incidents of police brutality and all racially motivated violence against black people?
Black Lives Matter (BLM)
93. Who was an American politician who served as the president of the Confederate States from 1861 to 1865?
Jefferson Finis Davis
94. The earliest known shoes are what dating from approximately 7000 or 8000 BC, found in the Fort Rock Cave in the US state of Oregon in 1938?
Sagebrush bark sandals
95. Herman Zapf designed what?
96. Thickness of human’s foot bones decreased approximately 40,000 to 26,000 years ago, why?
Wearing shoes resulted in less bone growth, resulting in shorter, thinner toes
97. British national anthem “God Save the Queen” was first performed as “God Save the King” in which year?
98. What was the world’s oldest leather shoe made from dating back to 3500 BC?
A single piece of cowhide laced with a leather cord along seams at the front and back
99. Who was the first Plantagenet monarch of England from 1154 to 89?
100. Who set a world water speed record over 70 mph at age 72?
Alexander Graham Bell
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge Basic Questions in English Quizzes
- 100 GK General Knowledge Questions Quizzes in English Trivia
- 101 General Knowledge Questions and Answers Trivia Quizzes
- 100 Simple General Knowledge Questions Trivia in English Printable
- 100 Trivia General Knowledge Questions and Answers in English
- 100 Funny Trivia Questions and Answers Printable Quizzes
- 100 Trivia Questions and Answers Funny Trivia Quiz Printable
- 100 Increase Your General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 International GK Questions with Answers in English Quiz
- Some 100 GK Questions with Answers Trivia in English Quizzes
- Some 100 Important GK Quiz Questions in English Printable
- Some 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions in English Trivia
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Questions and Answers in English
- 100 GK Questions in English Quizzes for Competitive Exams
- 100 Interesting GK Questions with Answers in English Quizzes
- 100 of the Best GK Questions in English with Answers Trivia
- 100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers in English
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers in English
- 100 General Knowledge Questions with Answers in English
- 100 General Knowledge Questions and Answers in English