Do you love to learn general history quiz questions? With no access to the Black Sea, Caspian Sea, or Baltic at the start of Peter’s rule, Russia was a territorially sizable state; yet, gaining such an outlet became the principal objective of Peter’s foreign strategy. Explore the general history quiz questions. The campaigns of 1695 and 1696, with the goal of taking Azov from the Crimean Tatar vassals of Turkey, were the first moves taken in this direction. While these Azov operations served to satisfy Russia’s obligations to the anti-Turkish “Holy League” of 1684 (Austria, Poland, and Venice), they were also meant to defend the southern boundary against Tatar attacks and advance toward the Black Sea.
The first expedition was unsuccessful (1695), but Peter was undaunted. He quickly constructed a fleet at Voronezh to sail down the Don River, and Azov was conquered in 1696. general history quiz questions are for all. In order to expand on this achievement, Taganrog was established on the Don Estuary’s northern coast, and work on a sizable fleet was initiated.
Peter traveled to western Europe in 1697 as part of the so-called Grand Embassy after having already dispatched some young lords to study nautical subjects overseas. Solve the general history trivia quiz questions and answers. The “great ambassadors,” Franz Lefort, Fyodor Alekseyevich Golovin, and Prokopy Voznitsyn, led the embassy, which had roughly 250 members. Its main objectives were to assess the global situation and to fortify the anti-Turkish alliance, but it was also designed to gather data about the continent’s economic and cultural life. Peter became acquainted with life in the developed Western nations while traveling covertly as Sgt. Pyotr Mikhaylov.
He studied shipbuilding for four months while working as a ship’s carpenter in the Dutch East India Company’s yard at Saardam. It’s all about general history quiz questions. Then, he traveled to Great Britain to continue his studies while working in the Royal Navy’s dockyard at Deptford. He also paid visits to factories, arsenals, schools, and museums, as well as to Parliament. In the meanwhile, Russia hired the services of international professionals for work.
The Maritime Powers did not want to get involved with Peter because they were preoccupied with the issues that the War of the Spanish Succession would soon bring to a crisis for them. Peter conducted negotiations with the Dutch and British governments for alliances against Turkey on the diplomatic side of the Grand Embassy. Let’s find below some great general history quiz questions with their precise answers.
General History Quiz Questions Answers for Adults
1. On 26 June 2000, which cricketing nation was granted full ICC membership?
2. Which Greek emperor came to the throne in 393 B.C.?
3. International Paralympic Committee (IPC) was founded in which year?
4. As of July 2021, which two private companies have launched humans on a suborbital trajectory to the Earth’s orbit?
Scaled Composites and Blue Origin
5. From 104 to 102 BC, which of the Han waged war against the “Yuezhi” who controlled “Dayuan”?
6. Who were the savage type of people who built artificial islands in the lake of Mexico?
7. In which year Anaconda Road massacre took place in Montana, United States?
8. Born in the USA, which Nobel laureate was awarded the Nobel prize in 2020 in Economics?
Paul R. Milgrom
9. Which Roman emperor came to the throne in 14 C.E.?
10. “CBS Mystery Theater” premieres on the radio in which year?
11. Who patented the “Electro-Magnetic Motor” – 1889 December 3?
12. Stephen King authored the fiction “Thinner” in which year?
13. Rocket missiles were firth used in China in which century?
13th century (or before)
14. He started a march in 334 BC that allowed the Greek Empire to reach as far as India. He was who?
Alexander the Great
15. Which Chinese emperor expanded Han territories beyond the Gansu corridor into the Western Regions (present Xinjiang)?
16. Who was a Roman empress, and the wife of Emperor Augustus Caesar and died on 28 September AD 29?
17. In 2009, who receives the Rising Star Award at the 20th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival?
18. Domestication of the horse and invention of the wheel took place at which time in Ancient Near East?
19. In 1976, who purchased Atlanta Braves for a reported $12 million?
20. Which Greek emperor came to the throne in 365 B.C.?
21. In 1974, which nation begins a three-day work week during the energy crisis?
22. Trefflé Berthiaume was featured on a postage stamp of Canada in which year?
23. In 1978, the US handed over St Stephan’s crown to which country?
24. Who was the daughter of George I of Britain?
Sophia Dorothea of Hanover
25. What was a project that succeeded in putting a person into orbit for the first time?
The Vostok program
26. Which sportsperson from the United States, one of the multiple Paralympic gold medalists started their career in 2004?
27. Which Roman emperor ended the rule in 14 C.E.?
28. The year in which Julius Caesar was murdered by Brutus:
29. Great Fire of Rome, Italy held in which year?
30. Seven of the thirteen Muslim Nobel laureates have been awarded in which category, while three have been for the sciences?
Nobel Peace Prize
31. In 1979, The Village People’s which feat became their only UK #1 single, and at its peak, it sold over 150,000 copies a day?
32. Who earned a fourth gold medal for the 5,000m and an additional gold medal for the 10,000m at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio?
Sir Mo Farah
33. In response to the 1973 energy crisis, daylight saving time commences nearly four months early in 1974 in which country?
34. Who became the Head of Rome after the assassination of Julius Caesar?
Octavian (Augustus Caesar)
35. Who published “Poems, Chiefly Lyrical” (1830), a collection of some marvelous poems?
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
36. In which year, A suicide bomber blows himself up at a police station in Damascus, Syria, killing 26 people and wounding 63?
37. In 1973, which miners’ strike occurred in West Virginia, USA?
Bituminous coal strike
38. What was the incident of Australian(s) died/being killed at North Kensington, London, United Kingdom 2017 Jun 14?
Grenfell Tower fire
39. Toys excavated from the Indus Valley civilization (3010–1500 BC) include small carts, resembling the invention of the wheel in which time?
40. In 1677, which labor issue and event occurred in the USA?
New York City Carter’s Strike
41. Jouko Grip, a paralympic athlete warded the Paralympic Hall of Fame in which year?
42. The inhabitants of what is now Scotland were referred to as Picts by the Romans who arrived in A.D. 80. What did they refer to the nation as?
43. In 1975, which musical was premiered on ABC-TV with Bill Beutel as host?
44. The first privately funded SpaceShipOne, a new category of human spaceflight programs was launched in which year?
45. Which painting by Howard Pyle depicts the burning of Jamestown, Virginia during Bacon’s Rebellion during 1676–77?
The Burning of Jamestown
46. Sea-going Junk (ship) ships were first built in China in which century?
47. During 542–543 Totila recaptures Naples in which event in history?
Siege of Naples
48. Who was the Egyptian beauty Queen who fell in love with Mark Antony:
49. Who was the king of the Lombards (774–814)?
Charlemagne, also called Charles I, byname Charles the Great
50. Gene Wolfe received the Locus Award in 1982 for which Fantasy Novel?
The Claw of the Conciliator
More Interesting Articles
- 50 Fun Facts Quiz with Answers Trivia General Knowledge Test
- 50 GK Trivia Questions and Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Printable General Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 Silly General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Free General Knowledge Quiz with Answers Interesting Facts
- 50 General Trivia Quiz with Answers Easy Printable GK Test
- 50 General Knowledge Family Quiz GK Trivia Questions Answer
- 50 General Fun Trivia Questions English Printable GK Quiz
- 50 Fun Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Questions History and Answers Quiz
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Difficult General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 65 Horse Racing Quiz Questions Answers Random Trivia Horses
- 50 Family Fun General Knowledge Quizzes with Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Bee Printable Trivia in English
- 50 Weird Trivia Questions for Adults General Knowledge Quiz
- 50 GK Questions and Answers Easy English General Knowledge
- 100 Stranger Things Quiz 100 Questions General Knowledge
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 GK Questions Easy with Answers English Printable Trivia