We will find here a bunch of general history quiz questions and answers. Peter I, also known as Peter the Great or Pyotr Veliky, was a Russian tsar who ruled Russia from 1696 to 1725 and was proclaimed emperor in 1721. He was born on June 9 [May 30, Old Style], 1672, in Moscow, Russia, and died on February 8 [January 28], 1725, in St. Petersburg. His full name was Pyotr Alekseyevich (imperator). He was a leading statesman, organizer, and reformer in his nation.
The Miloslavsky faction took advantage of a rebellion by the Moscow streltsy, or musketeers of the sovereign’s bodyguard, who killed some of Peter’s supporters, including Matveyev. Representatives of the various orders of society assembled in the Kremlin declared themselves in favor of Peter, who was then proclaimed tsar. You can’t ignore these general history quiz questions and answers. Then Ivan and Peter were named joint tsars, and finally Ivan’s 25-year-old sister Sophia was appointed regent due to Ivan’s fragile health and Peter’s youth. Sophia, who was cunning and powerful, took over the administration. Peter, who was shut out of politics and lived with his mother in the village of Preobrazhenskoye, close to Moscow, frequently feared for his life. Solve general history quiz questions and answers with your friends or family. The young tsar was forever changed by all of this, which led to his unfavorable attitude toward the streltsy.
There was a nemetskaya sloboda (German colony) next to Preobrazhenskoye where foreigners were permitted to live. Knowing the locals piqued Peter’s curiosity about different cultures, and discovering an English sailboat abandoned in a shed stoked his love of the water. Share these general history quiz questions and answers. The sciences that Peter found most fascinating were mathematics, fortification, and navigation. For his enjoyment, Alexander constructed a mock fortress and established his first “play” army, from which the Preobrazhensky and Semyonovsky Guards regiments were founded in 1687 and served as the foundation of the new Russian Army.
Peter’s union with the lovely Eudoxia was orchestrated by Natalya Naryshkina at the beginning of 1689. (Yevdokiya Fyodorovna Lopukhina). These general history quiz questions and answers are for general readers from all walks of life. This was evidently a political ploy to show that Peter, at age 17, was now an adult with the authority to rule in his own right. Peter’s neglect of his wife quickly led to her being sent to a monastery in 1698, ending their brief union.
A second streltsy insurrection broke out in August 1689. Sophia and her side attempted to utilize it for another coup d’état, but this time, the situation firmly went in Peter’s favor. After a streltsy uprising in 1698, Alexander deposed Sophia and sent her to the Novodevichy monastery, where she was compelled to become a nun. Stick to the general history quiz questions and answers. Although Ivan V continued to hold the title of the nominal joint tsar with Peter, the Naryshkins took over much of the government until Ivan’s death in 1696. In the meantime, Peter carried on with his military and maritime amusements and sailed the first seaworthy Russian ships. His games turned out to be useful practice for the job at hand.
General History Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
1. Who was the king of the Franks (768–814)?
Charlemagne, also called Charles I, byname Charles the Great
2. What is the first team to score 300+ score in a One-day International Cricket?
3. Robert Silverberg received the Locus Award in 1981 for which Fantasy Novel?
Lord Valentine’s Castle
4. Which event is depicted in Howard Pyle’s painting, “The Burning of Jamestown,” as the burning of Jamestown, Virginia?
Bacon’s Rebellion (1676–77)
5. Livia Drusilla, a Roman empress, and the wife of Emperor Augustus Caesar was born on what date?
30 January 59 BC
6. In which year Alabama miners’ strike took place in Alabama, United States?
7. Who finished the Men’s 5,000m in 13:41:66 to win gold the same year in the London Olympics 2012?
Sir Mo Farah
8. What is the more prominent of early cultures in South America?
The Chavín culture
9. In 1676, which labor issue and event occurred in the USA?
Bacon’s Rebellion in Virginia
10. Who was the king of Prussia during 1740–86?
11. Compass was invented in China in which year?
12. Nobel laureate Paul R. Milgrom (Economics, 2020) was born in born in which country?
13. Which Greek emperor ended the rule in 394 B.C.?
14. Who was the most important leader of the Mongols?
15. Frederick was the eldest surviving son of Frederick William I, king of Prussia, and?
Sophia Dorothea of Hanover
16. In 2013, 10 people are killed by a US drone attack in South Waziristan in which country?
17. In which year was, US female Figure Skating championship won by Janet Lynn?
18. What was the language of the Aztecs?
19. In which year, did a thousand Led Zeppelin fans cause a riot and an estimated $30,000 in damage?
20. According to the timeline of transportation technology, when was the Dugout canoe constructed?
6th millennium BC
21. “The Book of Kings” was written by whom?
22. Ming dynasty treasure voyages began in which century that crossed the Indian Ocean and reached as far as East Africa?
23. As of 2021, how many Nobel Prize laureates have been Muslims, more than half in the 21st century?
24. In 146 BC, which city was systematically burned down over 17 days by the Romans at the end of the Third Punic War?
25. In 1972, the US male Figure Skating championship was won by whom?
26. 1st postage stamp copyrighted by US, naming Carl Sandburg stamp, in which year?
27. What was one of the largest buildings of the Incas?
Temple of the Sun in Cusco
28. What was the incident of Australian(s) died/being killed at Near Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe on 2017 Dec 23?
Two Australian tourists were killed in a car crash
29. Who was the Asian Hun King who invaded Gaul after overthrowing Theodosius the Roman Emperor?
30. Poems by Two Brothers, was published by who in 1826, dated 1827 on the title page?
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
31. In which year Cape Breton coal strike took place in Nova Scotia, Canada?
32. The Western Han envoy Zhang Qian traveled beyond the Tarim Basin in which century?
2nd century BC
33. Which Roman emperor ended the rule in 37 C.E.?
34. In which year, Vladimir Bukovski is exiled from USSR?
35. In 543, The Byzantine invasion of Persarmenia is defeated in which event in history?
Battle of Anglon
36. Stephen King authored the fiction “Cycle of the Werewolf” in which year?
37. In 1980, which musical was closed at St James Theater NYC after 105 performances?
“1940’s Radio Hour”
38. As of July 2021, how many countries and one private company (SpaceX) have launched humans into Earth orbit?
3. Soviet Union/Russia, United States, and China
39. Which Roman emperor came to the throne in 31 B.C.E.?
40. Joseph Bernier was featured on a postage stamp of Canada in which year?
41. Who patented the “Method of Operating Electro-Magnetic Motors” – 1889 December 3?
42. In which event in 2006 did Lisa Raymond & Taylor Dent beat Dutch pair, Michaëlla Krajicek & Peter Wessels, 4-6, 6-2, 7-6 for a 2-1 win and 4th American title?
Hopman Cup Tennis, Perth
43. Which Roman Emperor issued the Edict of Milan and ended the persecution of Christians?
44. What was the name given to the floating gardens made by the Aztecs?
45. In 1973, which musical was premiered on ABC-TV with Multiplication Rock?
46. Kamal, often called simply khashaba was invented in the Arab world in which century?
Late 10th century
47. Sergei Korolev and who began, in June 1956, crewed spacecraft research?
48. Which Greek emperor ended the rule in 359 B.C.?
49. Jouko Grip, a paralympic athlete from which nation was warded the Paralympic Hall of Fame in 2006?
50. According to the timeline of transportation technology, The earliest vehicles may have been ox carts since which time?
4th millennium BC
More Interesting Articles
- 50 Fun Facts Quiz with Answers Trivia General Knowledge Test
- 50 GK Trivia Questions and Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Printable General Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 Silly General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Free General Knowledge Quiz with Answers Interesting Facts
- 50 General Trivia Quiz with Answers Easy Printable GK Test
- 50 General Knowledge Family Quiz GK Trivia Questions Answer
- 50 General Fun Trivia Questions English Printable GK Quiz
- 50 Fun Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Questions History and Answers Quiz
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Difficult General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 65 Horse Racing Quiz Questions Answers Random Trivia Horses
- 50 Family Fun General Knowledge Quizzes with Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Bee Printable Trivia in English
- 50 Weird Trivia Questions for Adults General Knowledge Quiz
- 50 GK Questions and Answers Easy English General Knowledge
- 100 Stranger Things Quiz 100 Questions General Knowledge
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 GK Questions Easy with Answers English Printable Trivia