Holiday General Knowledge Trivia Quiz and Answers
1. In tales told by African ethnic groups, what is the cleverest animal?
2. After Augustus died in AD 14, who became the Roman emperor?
3. About 45,000 BC, where did the first humans arrive via the now sunken Sundaland and Sahul land bridges?
In the islands of Southeast Asia, Papua New Guinea, and Australia
4. Robert Bartlett was featured on a postage stamp of Canada in which year?
5. Rocket-powered passenger vehicles did not appear until which year?
6. What is the national emblem of China?
7. Which Italian invented Telescope in 1609?
8. What is the ethnicity of Taoism?
9. Disruptive Pattern Material military equipment demonstrates which camouflage methods?
10. How many counties are there in Tennessee in the United States?
11. Who was the Locus Award winner in 1987 for Best Fantasy Novel?
12. Darlington Historical Group is located in which Australian region?
13. What was the incident of Australian(s) died/being killed in the Philippines on 2013 Nov 8?
14. Who patented the “Dynamo electric machine” – 1887 March 22?
15. In which year, did Florida troops seize the Federal arsenal at Apalachicola?
16. In 538, Byzantines take Ariminum from the Ostrogoths in which event in history?
Siege of Ariminum
17. Which English poet wrote the popular poem “Oenone”?
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
18. Andakombe Airport is located in which country?
Papua New Guinea
19. What was the name of the severe fire that destroyed most of the city between St Paul’s and St Clement Danes in Westminster in 1135?
Great Medieval London Fire
20. Which city had the first-ever fashion week?
New York, in 1943
21. Which Old World monkey species has its scientific name Erythrocebus poliophaeus?
Blue Nile patas monkey
22. What is the Grus?
A crater constellation
23. In 1930, which was also called the tragic year, how many Americans were unemployed?
More than 7 million
24. In which year, the NYC mayor proposes NY become a free city, trading with North and South?
25. Zacharias Janssen (Dutch) invented what in the 16th century?
Optical Microscope (& also the Compound Microscope)
26. What was the chief occupation of the old stone age men?
27. Who is the author of the literary work And Then There Were None?
28. Project Mercury, run by the USA began in which year?
29. Who was the artist of “The Landing of Columbus” on the stamp of the United States that appeared in 1893?
30. Tanja Kari (athlete) from which nation was awarded the Paralympic Hall of Fame in 2010?
31. Who became the first female cantor in 1993 ordained by the Academy for Jewish Religion (New York)?
32. Born in Lebanon, Nobel laureate Ardem Patapoutian was awarded the Nobel prize in 2021 in which category?
Physiology or Medicine
33. Around what hour does the Mongolian army employ lit kites in the Battle of Legnica?
34. Who founded the religious tradition of the final (24th) Tirthankara in Jainism?
35. Aepeia (Messenia) is an ancient location mentioned in which literary work?
36. Iminifri Cave is located in which country?
37. Which Italian invented Barometer in 1643?
38. In 1794, the Federal Society of Journeymen Cordwainers formed in which US state?
39. What is abaca (Musa textilis)?
A leaf fiber
40. Who authored the fiction “Cycle of the Werewolf” in 1983?
41. The inauguration of the Musikverein (Vienna) took place in which year?
42. Who is an anthropomorphic gander who possesses exceptional good luck that grants him anything he desires in the cartoon?
43. British fashion designer Mary Quant invented a daring and revealing new type of women’s clothing in 1964. What was it called?
44. Where is the Prairie View Solar Observatory (PVSO) located?
Texas, United States
45. Who is a legendary Indian king of the Solar dynasty, who appears in several legends in text such as the Aitareya Brahmana?
46. Which airport has its IATA code ADD?
Bole International Airport (Ethiopia)
47. Kevin McIntosh (coach) from Australia was awarded the Paralympic Hall of Fame in which year?
48. Aldous Huxley took the title of the book “Antic Hay” from which source?
Christopher Marlowe, Edward II
49. In 1873, which of Pope Pius IX’s encyclicals was held?
“On the Church in Armenia”
50. In 1894, which miners’ strike occurred in Nationwide, USA?
Bituminous coal strike
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- Easy World History Trivia Questions and Answers
- 90 Multiple Choice Questions on Laws of Motion with Answers
- 100 Fall Trivia Questions Answers for Adults Printable
- 100 Pantomath True or False Questions to Ask Friends
- 100 Curious Mind True or False Questions and Answers
- 100 Basic Human Body Trivia Questions U Must Know
- 50 Aggressive True or False Questions with Answers
- 50 Practical Torts Multiple Choice Questions for All
- 300 Friends Trivia Questions and Answers for Pals
- 100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 Kid Trivia Questions and Answers Funny
- 100 Out of the Box Trivia Questions for Adults
- 100 True or False Trivia Questions People Confuse
- 100 Geography Quiz for Kids for any Competition
- 200 Fun Quiz Questions Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Competitive True or False Questions for Kids
- 200 Common General Knowledge Questions Answers
- 200 general knowledge test questions and answers
- 100 Geography Questions for 5th Graders
- 50 Geography Quiz Questions for Challenge Takers
Leave a Reply