There are many adult general knowledge questions for family, competition, gossip, or travel. The battle of Mollwitz in April 1741 marked Frederick’s first military triumph, despite the fact that it had nothing to do with his own leadership. In October, Maria Theresa, who was now facing a hostile alliance of France, Spain, and Bavaria, was forced to accept the Convention of Klein-Schnellendorf, which gave Frederick permission to occupy the entirety of Lower Silesia. We will see some adult general knowledge questions trivia printable. But the subsequent Habsburg victories over the French and Bavarians so frightened Frederick that he invaded Austrian-controlled Moravia, a territory south of Silesia, in the early months of 1742. Maria Theresa was ultimately compelled to relinquish nearly all of Silesia by the Treaty of Berlin of 1742 in July despite his relatively unsatisfactory win at Chotusitz in May.
As a result, the Habsburg troops could once more be concentrated on France and Bavaria, which significantly strengthened Maria Theresa’s position in Germany in 1743 and the first few months of 1744. Stick to the adult general knowledge printable quiz questions. Once further worried by this, Frederick attacked and quickly conquered Bohemia in August 1744. By the end of the year, he had been forced to retreat due to a lack of French assistance and threats to his communication channels.
Moreover, Maria Theresa was now joined in her attack on him in Silesia by elector Augustus III (the king of Poland and elector of Saxony). The might of his army saved him from this dangerous circumstance; Prussian forces invaded Saxony after winning at Hohenfriedberg in June 1745 and at Soor in September. Share these adult general knowledge questions and answers. Prussian sovereignty over Silesia was eventually established by the Treaty of Dresden, which was signed on December 25, 1745, putting an end to the protracted sequence of conflicts that had started five years earlier.
Silesia was an important purchase since it was the largest and most economically developed portion of the Hohenzollern dominions. Additionally, due to military achievements, Prussia is now at least a semi-great power, and Frederick is known as Europe’s most effective leader. But he was fully aware of how precarious his circumstances were. Ponder over the adult general knowledge GK questions. Maria Theresa was committed to regaining Silesia, and the peace treaty she negotiated with France and Spain at Aix-la-Chapelle in 1748 enabled her to hasten the construction of her army and make considerable advancements in the management of her lands. Frederick’s alliance with France, which was founded only on shared animosity for the Habsburgs and had never been successful, dates back to a June 1741 pact.
The empress Elizabeth, who had succeeded to the throne in 1741, and her chancellor, Aleksey Bestuzhev-Ryumin, both had strong anti-Prussian sentiments in Russia at this time. Additionally, George II’s Great Britain appeared to be encroaching on Maria Theresa and Elizabeth’s territory in its pursuit of a powerful continental ally against France. Keep practicing more adult general knowledge questions, like this. In exchange for British financial support, Russia agreed to station a sizable military force in its Baltic provinces to defend George II’s electorate in Hanover from any French or Prussian assault. This agreement was signed by Britain and Russia in September 1755. This article will share many more adult general knowledge questions for you!
Adult general knowledge online quiz trivia questions
1. Montrésor village is located in which country?
2. João Luiz da Ros is a rugby player from which country?
3. Origin of the Japanese Era come into effect in which year?
4. Who was termed the “The Great” in the Portuguese House of Burgundy?
5. In which year, J B C Bouvet de Lozier discovers Bouvet Island, near Antarctica?
6. In which year, Sigismund II Augustus established Poczta Polska, a postal service of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth?
7. In which year did the Moerdijk railway bridge over Hollands Diep, South Holland open – the then longest bridge in Europe?
8. In Rome, who bans Jews from owning Christian slaves in 590–604?
Pope Gregory I
9. Records from which century attest to the existence of an Assyrian merchant colony at Kanesh in Cappadocia?
19th century BCE
10. Date of action in the opera “Madeleine” in which year?
11. Who was Marcus Antonius?
12. New York City annexes the Bronx in which year?
13. Released on September 19, 2014, what was the name of American singer Lady Gaga’s collaborative studio album?
Cheek to Cheek
14. “Tapping down your putts” term is associated with which sport?
15. In 1801, which parliament voted to join the Kingdom of Great Britain, forming the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland?
The Irish Parliament
16. What was the contribution of Morey Amsterdam – cello?
A musical comedian
17. MyState Bank Arena is located in which country?
18. In 1876, The Reichsbank was opened in which city?
19. Basingstoke Canal, a vital water source of the United Kingdom was opened in which year?
20. The dwarf planet Ceres is discovered by Italian monk Giuseppe Piazzi in which year?
21. The Honourable Company of Edinburgh golfers built their own course at which venue and Musselburgh was removed from the rota as a result?
22. Building of the Panama Canal begins in which year?
23. “Enough” is a what type of determiner in English grammar?
24. A Hunger Artist (short story collection) is based on whose works?
25. Curacao is taken by the English (until March 1816) in which year?
26. Aragon Grand Prix was first held in which year?
27. Hannibal Gisco was one of the Carthaginian commanders of which war?
First Punic War
28. In 1881, who was first introduced to Sherlock Holmes in a story written by Arthur Conan Doyle?
Dr. John Watson
29. Michael tells everyone it was his idea to hire a special consultant (Larry Wilmore) to teach racial tolerance and diversity in which episode of season one of The Office TV show?
Diversity Day, Air date: Mar 29, 2005
30. In which year, Congress prohibits the importation of slaves?
31. Which German amateur astronomer discovered the asteroid 6 Hebe in 1847?
Karl Ludwig Hencke
32. Which Roman emperor ended his rule in 305?
33. Belgium disbands salt tax in which year?
34. What is Macchiato?
35. In 1809, Holland Brigade under whom reached Madrid (Napoleonic Wars)?
Brigadier-General David Hendrik Chassé
36. In Astronomy, what is Cetus?
37. Very lazy —>?
38. Balthasar van der Ast, a Dutch painter, listed in the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. died in which year?
39. In the 20th century, Japan was under fascist rule for how many years?
14 years (1931–1945)
40. In which year, did Field marshal Blucher’s troops cross the Rhine at Kaub?
41. Where does a Dolphin live?
42. Markus Zusak wrote which popular fiction in 2005?
The Book Thief
43. Which Roman Emperor was awarded the victory title Britannicus Maximus (“great victory in Britain”) in 297?
44. In the Near East region, in the early Bronze Age, the Kingdom of Kish ended in which year?
45. In which year was, Official reopening of the White House?
46. How many years make the Centenary anniversary?
47. In 1890, what was then known as the Tournament of Roses, is first held in Pasadena, California?
The Rose Parade
48. What is the straight-line wind which precedes thunderstorms or thunderstorm clusters?
49. The 24th president was born in 1837. Who was he?
President Grover Cleveland
50. In 1826, who resigns as governor of the Dutch Indies?
Baron Van der Capellen
More Interesting Articles
- 50 Fun Facts Quiz with Answers Trivia General Knowledge Test
- 50 GK Trivia Questions and Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Printable General Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 Silly General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Free General Knowledge Quiz with Answers Interesting Facts
- 50 General Trivia Quiz with Answers Easy Printable GK Test
- 50 General Knowledge Family Quiz GK Trivia Questions Answer
- 50 General Fun Trivia Questions English Printable GK Quiz
- 50 Fun Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Questions History and Answers Quiz
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Difficult General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 65 Horse Racing Quiz Questions Answers Random Trivia Horses
- 50 Family Fun General Knowledge Quizzes with Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Bee Printable Trivia in English
- 50 Weird Trivia Questions for Adults General Knowledge Quiz
- 50 GK Questions and Answers Easy English General Knowledge
- 100 Stranger Things Quiz 100 Questions General Knowledge
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 GK Questions Easy with Answers English Printable Trivia
Leave a Reply