It’s time to explore some amazing general knowledge competition questions and answers in English. We will learn something about Frederick II, king of Prussia. Frederick was extremely concerned about this since it appeared that a hostile Austro-Russian coalition, funded by British money, would bring about the demise of Prussia. In an effort to avoid this dangerous circumstance, he made a deal with Britain in January 1756 to neutralize Germany in the just-started Anglo-French colonial and naval conflict. You should like the general knowledge competition questions and answers. However, this greatly enraged Louis XV and the French authorities, who viewed the deal as France’s contemptuous abandonment of his purported friend. As a result, a Franco-Austrian defensive alliance was signed in May. Frederick was not immediately threatened by this, but he quickly began to believe that a Russo-Austrian attack on him, supported by France, was coming very soon.
In an audacious maneuver, he invaded Saxony in August 1756 and continued into Bohemia in an effort to stop his adversaries. Because this operation brought up the morality of preemptive military intervention in such a stark way, historians have discussed it more than any other incident during Frederick’s reign. Enjoy general knowledge competition questions and answers. Although Frederick went on the offensive and sparked a massive military conflict, there is no question that he was seriously threatened by 1756, perhaps even more so than he realized, and that his adversaries, most notably the empress Elizabeth, intended to undermine Prussia’s newly attained international standing.
The first division of Poland, which took place in 1772, was the most significant foreign policy event during the second half of Frederick’s rule. This allowed Prussia to obtain the Polish province of West Prussia (albeit without the important commercial hub of Danzig), and as a result, the central regions of the kingdom, Brandenburg and Pomerania, were connected to the hitherto isolated East Prussia. Stick to general knowledge competition questions and answers. This improved the state’s geographical cohesion and made its borders more secure. It also deepened the social and political divisions that tended to set it apart from the states of western Europe and relocated its geographic center decisively to the east.
This type of geographical expansion was what Frederick had always desired, and as the internally split Polish republic got weaker and more disorganized in the 1760s, the likelihood of it happening rose. Find these general knowledge competition questions and answers interesting. He unsuccessfully attempted to persuade Catherine II of Russia to support a division in 1769. However, by January 1771, the empress had altered her mind as a result of fierce Austrian opposition to her expansionist goals in southern Europe.
The Habsburg administration, which had hoped to recapture Silesia or acquire territory in the Balkans, was convinced to engage in the process as a result of Prince Henry, Frederick’s younger brother, visiting St. Petersburg in that month. The split was mostly Frederick’s fault because no other participating king had made a conscious decision to do so. Share general knowledge competition questions and answers. It is considered to be maybe his greatest diplomatic achievement since it led to the persuasion of both Russia and Austria to adopt a strategy that was primarily Prussian in inspiration. This blog will give you some amazing general knowledge of competition questions and answers!
General knowledge competition questions and answers
1. Vita Sackville-West took the title of the book “All Passion Spent” from which source?
John Milton, Samson Agonistes
2. Which British nationalist invented Gas Turbine in 1791?
3. Bayswater Historical Society is located in which Australian region?
4. Berkeley chemists announces 1st synthetic growth hormones in which year?
5. Who authored the fiction “The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger” in 1982?
6. European tree frog demonstrates which camouflage methods?
7. What is the national emblem of Denmark?
Lion; mute swan
8. Adana Şakirpaşa Airport is located in which country?
9. What is a fictional family of cartoon ducks related to Disney character Donald Duck?
The Duck family
10. Who was the artist of the “Troops Guarding Train” on the stamp of the United States appeared in 1898?
11. Where is the Andrei Severny Tower Solar Telescope located?
12. What is the name of the school in Sex Education?
13. In 1970, which Australian boxer retains his WBC featherweight title with a 14th-round knockout of Fighting Harada in Tokyo?
14. At the time of writing (May 2020), who is fifth in line to the British throne?
Prince Louis Of Cambridge
15. Anemoreia is an ancient location mentioned in which literatary work?
16. Born in the USA, Nobel laureate David Julius was awared Nobel prize in 2021 in which category?
Physiology or Medicine
17. How many counties are there in Kansas in the United States?
18. What grain is the Japanese spirit Sake made from?
19. Who is considreded the historical founder of the Taoism?
20. When did Jauhari attempt to flee using a device from a mosque roof in Nishapur, Khorasan, Iran and subsequently fall to his death?
21. Pierrette Alarie was featured on a postage stamp of Canada in whih year?
22. What is floss-silk tree (Ceiba speciosa)?
A seed-hair and other fibre
23. B.J. Thomas sang “! Can’t Help It If I’m Still In Love With You” in 1967. Who first recorded it in 1951?
Hank Williams Senior
24. What is the length of the Wollaton Wagonway, the world’s first recorded overland wagonway?
2-mile (3.2 km)
25. Sindibad Park is located in which country?
26. Which Greek emperor ended the rule in 399 B.C.?
27. Who patented “Regulator for Alternate Current Motors – 1888 October 9?
28. In 1805, Journeymen Cordwainers union includes a closed-shop clause in its constitution in which city?
New York City
29. Who was the Greek Goddess of Strategy?
30. For one point, which of these actors is Scottish: Jamie Dornan, Michael Sheen, James McAvoy, Daniel Craig?
James McAvoy is Scottish. Christian Bale is English, Michael Sheen is Welsh, and Jamie Dornan is Irish.
31. Which airport has its IATA code ADB?
Adnan Menderes Airport (Turkey)
32. What was the most popular girls name in the UK in 2020?
33. In which year Bituminous coal strike took place in West Virginia, United States?
34. Which Old World monkey species has its scientific name Cercopithecus mitis?
35. In which year, WLIW TV channel 21 in Garden City, NY (PBS) begins broadcasting?
36. In 38 BC, Roman Empress Livia Drusilla divorced whom and married the political leader Octavian?
Tiberius Claudius Nero
37. Who is the author of the literary work And Then There Were None?
38. Who ran the 10,000 meters for the first time in the London 2012 Olympic Games, finishing with a time of 27:30.42?
Sir Mo Farah
39. Battle of Mammes took place in which year in the history?
40. In 1982, which miners’ strike occured in New South Wales, Australia?
Broken Hill miners’ strike
41. Which Roman emperor ended the rule in 68 C.E.?
42. Which Sanskrit author is included among the legendary Navaratnas of Vikramaditya’s court?
Vetala Bhatta (India)
43. What is Scooby Doo’s full name?
44. What is the capital of Iceland?
45. Which of the Tom Hanks films was released in 2004?
46. How many episodes of Scrubs were there? Closest wins the point?
47. Benjamin Franklin invented what in 1770s?
48. What fruit variety is the Black Emerald?
49. In which year, the Locus Award was given for the first time?
50. There were how many Vostok flights in total?
More Interesting Articles
- 50 Fun Facts Quiz with Answers Trivia General Knowledge Test
- 50 GK Trivia Questions and Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Printable General Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 Silly General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Free General Knowledge Quiz with Answers Interesting Facts
- 50 General Trivia Quiz with Answers Easy Printable GK Test
- 50 General Knowledge Family Quiz GK Trivia Questions Answer
- 50 General Fun Trivia Questions English Printable GK Quiz
- 50 Fun Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Questions History and Answers Quiz
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Difficult General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 65 Horse Racing Quiz Questions Answers Random Trivia Horses
- 50 Family Fun General Knowledge Quizzes with Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Bee Printable Trivia in English
- 50 Weird Trivia Questions for Adults General Knowledge Quiz
- 50 GK Questions and Answers Easy English General Knowledge
- 100 Stranger Things Quiz 100 Questions General Knowledge
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 GK Questions Easy with Answers English Printable Trivia