Do you love to solve some general knowledge printable quiz questions on your own? For example, we will now have a look at Frederick II, king of Prussia. Frederick was the only surviving child of George I of Britain’s daughter Sophia Dorothea of Hanover and Frederick William I, king of Prussia. Frederick’s father, a martinet and a paranoid man had rigorous control over his upbringing and schooling. Explore these general knowledge printable quiz questions on your own. Frederick was supported and encouraged by his mother, as well as by his sister Wilhelmina, and soon had a sour relationship with his father. Frederick William, I resented his son’s artistic and intellectual preferences and was enraged by Frederick’s lack of understanding of his own sternly military and puritanical worldview.
Frederick, who had been beaten and humiliated by his father frequently over trivial matters of behavior, sought refuge in evasion and lying when his father’s dissatisfaction and disdain manifested themselves in venomous public condemnation and even actual physical violence. Enjoy these general knowledge printable quiz questions on your own This interpersonal and intra-family conflict reached its climactic point in 1730 when Frederick was imprisoned in the castle of Küstrin after trying in vain to flee to France or Holland. The young officer who had been his partner in the plot, Lieutenant Hans Hermann von Katte, was killed in front of Frederick, and there was briefly a chance that the prince may meet the same end.
Frederick lost his military status and was forced to work as a minor official in the local government for the next year or more as a punishment. It is hard to accurately gauge the impacts of this horrific upbringing, but there is little question that his father’s violent and arbitrary bullying had a profound impact on him. Share these trivia general knowledge printable quiz questions on your own.
After his father, Frederick William I passed away on May 31, 1740, Frederick quickly informed his ministers that he would be the only one to make policy. He was given the chance to do so within a few months in a fashion that completely changed Prussia’s standing on the world stage. Learn something like some general knowledge printable quiz questions on your own. On October 20, the Austrian house of Habsburg’s Holy Roman emperor Charles VI passed away, leaving as his heir the archduchess Maria Theresa, whose claims to numerous of the varied Habsburg domains were bound to be contested. The financial situation of the Habsburg government was extremely severe, her army was in bad condition, and many of her ministers were senior and incompetent.
However, Frederick was able to use a superb army and plenty of money because of his father. He thus made the decision immediately after the emperor’s passing to invade the opulent and crucially situated Habsburg region of Silesia, to which the Hohenzollerns, the Prussian royal house, had tenuous hereditary claims. Stick to some general knowledge printable quiz questions on your own. The biggest threat to his intentions was Russian backing for Maria Theresa, which he planned to avoid by tactful bribery in St. Petersburg and by taking advantage of the chaos that would surely follow empress Anna’s impending death. A conflict was unavoidable because Maria Theresa refused to yield the majority of Silesia in exchange for a pledge of Prussian help against her other rivals. This blog will give you some more ideas on some general knowledge printable quiz questions on your own.
General knowledge printable trivia questions quiz
1. What is the nationality of Bartolomeo Cristofori di Francesco who invented a Piano in the 18th Century?
2. In 539, Byzantines take Auximus from the Ostrogoths in which event in history?
Siege of Auximus
3. What is Zooarchaeology, or Archaeozoology?
the study and analysis of animal remains at archaeological sites to reconstruct relationships between people, animals, and their environment
4. PC shortcut keys: Win + SHIFT + M=?
[Restore minimized windows on the desktop]
5. Patricia A. McKillip received the Locus Award in 1980 for which Fantasy Novel?
Harpist in the Wind
6. What is the length of the Salween river which is outflown from the Andaman Sea?
7. Born in the USA, which Nobel laureate was awarded the Nobel prize in 2020 in Economics?
Robert B. Wilson
8. In 1962, Vladimir Nabokov created which of the famous fiction?
9. What is the average gestation duration of a Rat (Rattus sp.)?
10. In Archaeology, what is the preparation of finds from excavation for storage or further specialist analysis, typically including washing, labeling, sorting, and listing in an inventory?
11. Which airport has its IATA code ADE?
Aden International Airport (Yemen)
12. Oum Rebia Bridge is located in which country?
13. What is the literary genre of The Hobbit, by J. R. R. Tolkien?
14. What do you say in the French idiom “to pass your weapon on the left side”?
passer l’arme à gauche – to kick the bucket
15. Philippe-Joseph Aubert de Gaspé was featured on a postage stamp of Canada in which year?
16. What is a human-powered watercraft propelled by the action of pedals turning a paddle wheel?
A pedalo or paddle boat
17. In which country is the world’s tallest building?
Dubai, Burj Khalifa
18. Bombay is a breed name of which animal?
19. Who patented “Commutator for Dynamo Electric Machines” – 1886 January 26?
20. Aethiopia is an ancient location mentioned in which literary work?
21. Blackrod town is located in which country?
22. Where is the Dutch Open Telescope (DOT) located?
La Palma, Spain
23. How many minutes in a game of rugby league?
24. Which space mission ran by the USA from 1959 through 1963 with the goal of putting a human in orbit around the Earth?
25. How many counties are there in Ohio in the United States?
26. Which Old World monkey species has its scientific name Chlorocebus aethiops?
27. Stephen King authored the fiction “The Talisman” in which year?
28. Kalamunda and Districts Historical Society is located in which Australian region?
29. Which of Otto von Guericke’s renowned works was shown when he measured the weight of air in 1654 while serving as mayor of Magdeburg?
Magdeburger Halbkugeln (hemispheres of Magdeburg)
30. Adıyaman Airport is located in which country?
31. What is the national sport of Papua New Guinea?
32. Who was the artist of the “Columbus door panel at the U.S. Capitol building” on the stamp of the United States appeared in 1893?
33. What is maguey (Agave americana and other species)?
A leaf fibre
34. Who founded the religious tradition of The penultimate (23rd) Tirthankara in Jainism?
35. Who was the great-grandmother of the emperor Caligula?
36. Who was a legendary poet of the Sangam period who is believed to have composed verse 2 of Kurunthogai?
37. Who became the first cantor in 2001 of either sex in Humanistic Judaism?
38. In which year, was the Stock brokerage firm of Merrill Lynch founded?
39. Which TV show was the longest-running puppet show on television until Sesame Street broke that record?
Garfield Goose and Friends
40. Sally Rooney took the title of the book “Beautiful World, Where Are You” from which source?
Friedrich Schiller, “The Gods of Greece”
41. In which decade did the potato famine strike Ireland?
42. The turtle Shetyw (also Shetw, Sheta, or Shtyw) was common in which ancient art (especially Predynastic and Old Kingdom art)?
43. In 1778, which labor issue and event occurred in the USA?
Journeymen printers in New York combine to increase their wages
44. What singer-songwriter, considered by many to be the greatest electric guitar player of all time died in 1970?
45. Conference of Cannes concerning German retribution payments held in which year?
46. Name the two English counties separated by the river Tamar.
Cornwall and Devon
47. What is a religious text of the Latter Day Saint movement, which, according to Latter Day Saint theology?
The Book of Mormon
48. Typically, what’s the strongest muscle in the human body?
The masseter – the main jaw muscle
49. In which year Cananea strike took place in Sonora, Mexico?
50. Denis Papin (French) invented Steam Boat in which year?
More Interesting Articles
- 50 Fun Facts Quiz with Answers Trivia General Knowledge Test
- 50 GK Trivia Questions and Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Printable General Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 Silly General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Free General Knowledge Quiz with Answers Interesting Facts
- 50 General Trivia Quiz with Answers Easy Printable GK Test
- 50 General Knowledge Family Quiz GK Trivia Questions Answer
- 50 General Fun Trivia Questions English Printable GK Quiz
- 50 Fun Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Questions History and Answers Quiz
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Difficult General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 65 Horse Racing Quiz Questions Answers Random Trivia Horses
- 50 Family Fun General Knowledge Quizzes with Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Bee Printable Trivia in English
- 50 Weird Trivia Questions for Adults General Knowledge Quiz
- 50 GK Questions and Answers Easy English General Knowledge
- 100 Stranger Things Quiz 100 Questions General Knowledge
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 GK Questions Easy with Answers English Printable Trivia