US history American trivia questions and answers printable United States quiz interesting facts America free online test is here. Between the failure of the Roanoke venture and the founding of the Jamestown colony in 1607, English propagandists worked hard to persuade the public that settling in America would provide quick and easily accessible wealth. Explore the US history American trivia questions and answers printable United States quiz interesting facts America free online test.
If you like this, share the US history American trivia questions and answers printable United States quiz interesting facts America free online test to your network. Even experts like Richard Hakluyt, an English geographer, were unsure if the Spanish colonization experience could or should be replicated, but anticipated that the English colonies in the New World would prove to be a source of rapid financial advantage. Of course, there were other reasons for colonization. Some hoped to uncover in North America the much-desired gateway to the Orient (East Asia). Grab the US history American trivia questions and answers printable United States quiz interesting facts America free online test.
US history American trivia questions and answers printable United States quiz interesting facts America free online test will enhance your knowledge base. To curb Spanish growth, English imperialists believed it was vital to establish in the New World. Once it was established that America was a desirable location for settlement, some Englishmen would move to the colonies that guaranteed religious freedom. Grab the US history American trivia questions and answers printable United States quiz interesting facts America free online test.
There were other Englishmen, mostly from the lower and middle classes, who thought that the New World would give them more economic opportunities in the form of free or cheap land. While historians have paid close attention to these final two causes, they appear to have been more of a shift in mindset once colonization had begun than initial motives for English colonialism. Explore the US history American trivia questions and answers printable United States quiz interesting facts America free online test
Have fun with US history American trivia questions and answers printable United States quiz interesting facts America free online test. The leaders of the Virginia Organization, a joint-stock company in charge of the Jamestown project, were mostly rich and well-bred commercial and military adventurers looking for fresh business opportunities. Under the charter of 1607, the Virginia colony proved to be an extremely poor investment during the first two years of its existence. This was primarily due to the early colonists’ unwillingness to do the necessary work of self-sufficiency, as well as a chronic lack of capital to fund the venture. Its time to find the US history American trivia questions and answers printable United States quiz interesting facts America free online test!
US History American Trivia Questions And Answers Printable
1. At what date The Great Chicago fire began?
October 8, 1871
2. Who tested the first cable car system in America?
3. In which year did Colorado become the 38th state?
4. Who founded Salt Lake City?
5. Which President was a Pulitzer winner in Biography?
John F. Kennedy
6. Name the first Daily College Newspaper of the United States.
7. Which year did the National Weather Service issue its first weather forecast?
November 1. 1870.
8. What was the first weather forecast of the National weather service about?
Windy day in Chicago.
9. Which year President William McKinley was shot?
On 1901, September 6th.
10. When did the U.S. Census Bureau become part of the new U.S. Department of Commerce and Labor?
On February 14, 1903.
11. Which American president had a fake middle name
Harry S. Truman
12. When did the first silent film debut in America?
13. Which only American president has earned a Ph.D.?
14. The first underground portion of the New York City subway opened on which date?
October 27, 1904.
15. Name the first silent film in the U.S?
The Great Train Robbery.
16. On which date did the (Great San Francisco Earthquake) stroked?
April 18, 1906.
17. Name America’s worst National Disaster.
The explosion in West Virginia’s Monongah Mine
18. When was the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People founded?
February 12, 1909.
19. Which area was hit by the deadliest hurricane of the U.S?
20. Which year did the first gold rush happen in America?
21. Where did the first gold rush happen in America?
22. Who is America’s most educated president?
23. Which year’s Earthquake resulted in the formation of Reel Foot Lake?
24. Which year did the United States capture Mexico City?
25. Which president was ambidextrous (Could write in two hands)?
James A. Garfield
26. Where did the first submarine attack occur?
At New York Harbor
27. Where has the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence occurred?
28. When did the first Submarine attack occur?
29. Who was the first US President elected under the Articles of Confederation?
30. Who died of eating cherries and milk?
31. Name the oldest city in the United States.
32. Who founded the city, St. Augustine?
Admiral Pedro Menendez de Aviles
33. Who was the last man to sign the Declaration of Independence?
34. When did the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence occur?
On 8th July 1776.
35. Who was America’s first dark horse presidential candidate?
36. When did the official signing of the Declaration of Independence occur?
August 2, 1776.
37. In which year did Boston face a Molasses disaster?
38. Which president had a pet billy goat
William Henry Harrison
39. Which American President was appointed as the Chief Justice of the Supreme after 9 years of his presidency?
William H. Taft
40. When was the last California Grizzly Bear killed?
41. Name the oldest elected President of America?
42. What was the original name of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
43. Which President of America has a capital named after him
44. Which famous French painter lived in New Orleans for one year?
45. Name the first president of American history born in the hospital.
46. What was the name of Atlanta in 1837?
47. What was the name of Atlanta in 1843?
48. Which President weighed less than the average American teenage girl
49. Who is the nation’s longest-lived president?
Jimmy Carter (95 yrs)
50. How many children did George Washington have?
George Washington did not have any biological children, adopted 2
51. Name the President who first presented the National Budget.
William H. Taft.
52. War of 1812 was held between
The USA and the United Kingdom
53. The Treaty of Ghent was the outcome of the War of 1812
The cause of the War of 1812 was the conflict over
54. Who is considered the founder of the candy desk tradition?
Senator George Murphy
55. Who was the longest-lived US President?
Jimmy Carter (95 yrs)
56. How long did George Washington live?
57. How many members consist of the Electoral college?
58. What is the national game of America
59. Lyrics of the National Anthem of America was written by
Francis Scott Key (1814)
60. The war fought between 1861 to 1865 between the Northern United States and the Southern United States was called
The Civil War
61. Music of the National Anthem of America was composed by
John Stafford Smith (1773)
62. Where did the American anthem come from?
Defense of Fort McHenry (a poem written by Francis Scott Key)
63. Who won the Civil War?
The North USA
64. By which amendment of the COnstitution, slavery was abolished?
65. How many died in the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by America?
90,000 and 146,000 people in Hiroshima and 39,000 and 80,000 people in Nagasaki
66. What is “Little Boy”?
“Little Boy” was the codename of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima on 6 August 1945 during World War II
67. Which President of America led the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombing
Harry Truman (33rd)
68. Name of the colonial revolt which occurred between 1765 and 1783
69. The earlier name of New York was
New Amsterdam (Dutch Colony)
70. Which modern states does the Natchez Trace join?
Mississippi and Tennessee
71. What is the capital of Illinois?
72. In which city would you find the Statue of Liberty?
New York City
73. What is a nickname for people from Maine?
74. What event of history is related to the Battle of Midway
World War II
75. What is the bloodiest battle in American history?
Battle of Antietam
76. Name the sport’s hall of fame that enshrined Abraham Lincoln for having a stellar record of just one loss?
77. Which country flag has 50 stars?
78. Which country flag has 13 stripes?
79. Name the state which was the last to overturn laws against interracial marriage in the year 2000.
80. Who preceded Ronald Raegan’s presidency in the United States of America?
81. Name the basketball team that won in 1987.
82. What was the significant event in history that brought the USA and Russia nearly to the nuclear confrontation?
Cuban missile crisis
83. Name the last state to ratify the abolition of slavery in the 1990s?
84. Who was Grandma Moses?
Famous American painter Anna Mary Robinson
85. What was the Savannah?
The first commercial atomic-powered ship of the world.
86. What was the middle name of Walt Disney?
87. What is Marine One in the USA?
88. There were common traits of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Sam Adams?
They brewed beer
89. What year did women receive the right to vote in the United States?
90. What did Thomas Sullivan in New York in 1908 introduce?
91. When the deadliest single-battle day was fought in America?
September 17, 1862
92. How many colonies did America have before independence?
93. Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts Bay, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Virginia, North Carolina, Rhode Island, and Providence Plantations were the 12 colonies under the United Kingdom until 1776 along with the number 13th-
94. Manhattan Island was settled by
95. What does D.C. mean after Washington DC?
District of Columbia
96. Through which national park does the Continental Divide not pass?
97. On what peninsula in Washington would you find the Olympic Mountains?
98. Who was the first U.S. president to appear on television?
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
99. What automobile was named after Henry Ford’s only son?
100. In what American state would you find Denali?
101. Which state seceded from Virginia in 1863?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 100 Random Facts Quiz and Answers General Knowledge Trivia
- 100 Random History General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers
- 100 Random Facts Quiz with Answers Trivia General Knowledge
- 100 Weird General Knowledge Questions Answers English Trivia
- 100 Simple General Knowledge Questions with Answers Quiz
- 100 Trivia Questions for High School Students GK Online Quiz
- 100 Online General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers English
- 100 History General Knowledge Questions and Answers Quiz
- 100 World General Knowledge Quiz with Answers Trivia English
- 100 World Best GK Questions Answers Printable Quiz in English
- 100 Difficult Trivia Questions English General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 September Trivia Questions and Answers GK Fun Quiz Facts
- 100 Trivia Questions for Seniors with Answers Printable GK
- 100 of the Office Trivia Questions and Answers GK English Quiz
- 100 Great Trivia Questions Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 August Trivia Questions and Answers – August GK Fun Facts
- 100 Hard Trivia General Knowledge Questions in English for Kids
- 100 General Knowledge Trivia for Middle Schoolers in English
- 100 Easy General Knowledge Quiz with Answers GK in English
- 100 of Some General Knowledge Questions and Answers Quiz