History general knowledge questions and answers trivia quizzes GK printable facts and information is ready for you. Solving trivia like this history general knowledge questions and answers free online quiz test gives a reader full entertainment while learning new things.
History general knowledge questions and answers is a free resource hub accumulated from many popular websites in order to facilitate our readers with summarized information accessible very easily from any corner of the world. A smart person will not linger availing these free opportunities to solve history general knowledge questions and answers trivia quiz.
Let’s solve these history general knowledge questions and answers at your earliest and surprise your network and competitors with the outcome!
History general knowledge questions and answers
1. Chinese activist Liu Shipei was born in which year in Yizheng, Yangzhou, China?
2. Which English football club founded in 1947 has its nickname Mechanics?
3. The first competition of The UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup was held in which year?
4. What is Britannicus Maximus?
Ancient Roman titles for being “great victor in Britain”
5. In 1870 the Third Republic is declared in France after which the leader was deposed?
Emperor Napolean III
6. Who received The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1914?
7. What is The Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira is an annual Portuguese football match played since which year?
8. Who was the 2nd Earl of Essex, Earl of Gloucester jure uxoris during 1214-1216?
Geoffrey FitzGeoffrey de Mandeville
9. As president, who would typically stop by a tailor shop to say hello and wore suits that he made himself?
10. What color were the pyramids at Giza originally?
11. What is Foedus Cassianum?
Treaty that ends the war between the Roman Republic and the Latin League, creates an alliance between the two in c. 493 BC
12. The Great Fire of London started in what kind of shop?
13. What is the I Ching or Yi Jing?
usually translated as Book of Changes or Classic of Changes, is an ancient Chinese divination text
14. Who was the presenter of the Academy Award for Best Picture on its 1st Ceremony on May 16, 1929?
15. Which long-distance train had its first run in October 1883?
16. Alexandria on the Oxus, a city founded by Alexander the Great is correctly located at where?
probably Ai-Khanoum, Afghanistan
17. Whose assassination in June 1914 sparked the First World War?
Archduke Franz Ferdinand
18. Who is the only president who didn’t represent a political party?
19. What is the outcome of the Peace of Callias in c. 449 BC?
The purported treaty that ended the Greco-Persian Wars.
20. Who was the youngest British Prime Minister?
William Pitt (The Younger)
21. Who were The winners of the first UEFA European Championship?
The Soviet Union, defeated Yugoslavia 2–1
22. Who was Prime Minister on VE Day, in 1945?
23. 101 is a music track by Sheena Easton in which year?
24. Dido and Aeneas opera, premiered in 1689 was composed by whom?
25. Which English city was once known as Duroliponte?
26. What was the initial release date of the 2021 ‧Comedy Sci-fi film ‧The Mitchells vs. the Machines?
27. Stephen Hawking wrote A Brief History of Time in which year?
28. How many years did Nelson Mandela spend in prison?
29. On what date American singer Taylor Swift was born?
December 13, 1989
30. Which iconic structure began its construction in California in January 1933?
Golden Gate Bridge
31. Which Chocolate drink was created in 1943 by George Nicholas in Chadstone?
32. In what year did Blue Peter first air?
33. The Greco-Persian Wars were a series of conflicts between whom?
Achaemenid Empire and Greek city-states that started in 499 BC and lasted until 449 BC
34. Which country has its first silent film Roundhay Garden Scene in 1888?
35. What did the Romans call Scotland?
36. What is Shijing?
Chinese cult and lay musical practices
37. When did Prince William and Kate Middleton get married?
29 April 2011
38. What is Baihua?
Written vernacular Chinese literature and thoughts
39. The Gioconda smile is a popular 1921 science fiction written by whom?
40. Who was the first female Prime Minister of Australia?
Julia Gillard (2010-2013)
41. 93rd Academy Awards ceremony held on what date?
April 25, 2021
42. Who was the teacher of the Great Alexander
43. What was the length of the first color film A Visit to the Seaside (1908) in the UK?
8-minute short film
44. Aiken Drum nursery rhyme originated in Scotland recorded in which year?
45. Which Apache leader in 1886 after 29 years years of fighting finally surrendered in Arizona?
46. In FIFA WC 1930, how many opening matches were played at the same time?
47. In what year was the Chernobyl disaster?
48. Who played Princess Margaret in the most recent series of The Crown?
Helena Bonham Carter
49. The Hoklo people are descendants of which Chinese?
50. In which year was Joan of Arc burned at the stake?
51. Which country was the first to give women the right to vote, in 1893?
52. Who was defeated in the battle of Waterloo?
53. Anticipations and Other Papers is a popular 1901 book written by whom?
H. G. Wells
54. The most praised Four Great Traditions in China are what?
Chuan, Lu, Yue, and Huaiyang, representing cuisines of West, North, South, and East China, respectively.
55. In November 1921, the Japanese Prime Minister Hara Takashi was assassinated in which city?
56. Which famous actor was born in London and began acting on stage at the age of nine?
57. What is the name of the spaceship that first time arrived at the moon on July 20, 1969?
58. What links Earl of Arundel, Earl of Chester, Earl of Derby, and Earl of Devon?
Earls in the reign of King John
The Essanay Film Manufacturing Company in Chicago was found in which year?
59. Who was the first British monarch to be photographed?
60. Who was Henry VIII’s last wife?
61. What is the pen name of Zhou Shuren, a Chinese writer, essayist, poet, and literary critic?
62. In which year the Philippines was discovered by Europeans
63. Who wrote the first song “Come On” Rolling Stones recorded in 1963?
64. What was the ancient Roman title for being “victorious in Arabia”?
65. The first televised address from the Oval Office was made in 1947 by which President?
66. The Troubles in Northern Ireland were brought to an end in 1998 with the signing of what document?
The Good Friday Agreement or Belfast Agreement
67. Where did Prince Harry and Meghan Markle get married?
St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle
68. What year did David and Victoria Beckham get married?
69. How many sitting US presidents have been assassinated?
70. In 1918 Finland declared its independence from which country?
71. Mutual Film Corporation was founded in which year?
72. Manchester United players and 15 other passengers were killed in February 1958 in an accident that became known as what?
Munich air disaster
73. What links Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, William McKinley, and JFK?
Sitting US presidents who have been assassinated
74. Which film studio was founded in Edendale, California on July 4, 1912?
75. Who was made Lord Mayor of London In 1397, 1398, 1406, And 1419?
Richard (Dick) Whittington
76. During WWII Grand Alliance means which countries?
USA, Russia, and Great Britain
77. Palace of Westminster was founded in which period?
78. Where was Prince Philip born?
79. Battersea Park was founded in London in which year?
80. In 1958 the first artificial satellite launched in 1957 fell back to earth. What was its name?
81. What was the ancient Roman title for being “victor of Adiabene”?
82. In which year was Joan of Arc burned at the stake?
83. Arrosticini lamb dish is originated in which country?
Abruzzo, Central Italy
84. The invention of movable type printing by Bi Sheng (990–1051) took place during which Chinese dynasty?
Song dynasty (960–1279)
85. Which nationality was the polar explorer Roald Amundsen?
86. What is an association football competition established in 1960?
The UEFA European Championship
87. What is the age of the Tower of London?
88. In which year China sent a man in space?
89. What is Parthicus Maximus?
Ancient Roman titles for being “great victor in Parthia”
90. Which UK university did Princess Eugenie attend?
91. Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center is in which US city?
Los Angeles, California
92. Who painted “Judit” in 1589?
93. Who casts Reeflint in the 1986 science fiction movie The Dolphin’s Cry?
94. In which year Dorothy Lamour, an American actress, and singer was born?
December 10, 1914
95. What was the name of Henry VIII’s first wife?
Catherine of Aragorn
96. “La Grande Arm” means what?
The name of Napoleon Army
97. Black Lawrence Press was founded in which year?
98. What year did Elizabeth II become Queen?
99. Die Abenteuer des Kapitäns Hatteras is a popular 1866 novel written by whom?
100. On the 4th November 1956, Soviet troops entered which country in order to quell a rebellion?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 75 Home Alone Fresh Trivia Questions and Answers
- 60 Fun Movie Trivia Questions – Fresh MCQ for Fans
- Fifty 90s Disney Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
- 50 Continents and Oceans Quiz Everyone Should Know
- 50 Continents and Oceans Map Quiz Basic Learning
- 50 TV Show Trivia Questions Answers 2000’s
- 50 Evergreen 2000 TV Trivia Questions and Answers
- 50 Movie Trivia Questions and Answers the 2000s
- 50 Game of Thrones Trivia Questions and Answers
- 50 Game of Thrones Trivia Questions for Passionate Fans
- 50 Evergreen Gilmore Girls Trivia Questions MCQs
- 50 Netflix Trivia Questions that Every Fan Answer
- 30 Titanic Movie Quizzes MCQ for Crazy Fans
- Memorable 90s TV Trivia Questions and Answers
- 100 Best Sports Trivia Questions to Know and Share
- 30 Economics Trivia to Solve Before Any Competition
- 25 Economics Quiz MCQ for Brilliant Learners
- 100 Microeconomics Quiz MCQ Every Economist Knows
- 30 Finance Quiz MCQ General Knowledge Trivia
- 50 Personal Finance Quiz Every Educate Tries