Top history questions and answers general knowledge quiz printable in English is here! No doubt, top history questions, and answers are a non-negotiable part of being a better citizen. One of the primary reasons it is included in the educational curriculum is because of this. People who advocate for citizenship history (the history of a citizen’s interaction with the state) only wish to build a strong national identity and even national loyalty by imparting lessons of individual and communal accomplishment.
History pays attention to clear warning signs and Learn from the Past. We may learn from past genocides, wars, and attacks against groups of people. We have learned to pay heed to the warning indications that precede such crimes as a result of our collective sorrow without the top history questions and answers to general knowledge. When these warning indicators appear in modern society, society has been able to recognize them and combat them. Knowing what led to these many battles allows us to have a greater impact on our future via these top history questions and answers general knowledge.
Beginning with a raid on the cult’s operating centers of Ayabe and Kameoka in Kyoto Prefecture and the arrest of its leader Onisaburo Deguchi, the Japanese military police conduct a brutal suppression of the religious organization Oomoto in 1935. Lets solve these top history questions and answers general knowledge!
Top History Questions and Answers General Knowledge Quiz
1. Sri Lanka’s Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe is sworn back into office two months after being removed by which President in 2018?
2. Who accepted Soviet dissident Andrei Sakharov’s Nobel Prize in Oslo in 1975?
3. Mariah Carey’s which single reached No. 1, 25 years after release in 2019?
“All I Want For Christmas Is You”
4. Challenger moves to Vehicle Assembly Building at Kennedy Space Center in which city for mating of STS 51-L mission in 1985?
5. Who was named Time’s Person of the Year for rescuing the global economy from the Great Recession in 2009?
Ben Bernanke, Chair of the US Federal Reserve
6. In 1982, the Federal Reserve announces that the operating capacity of factories has gone down to what percent?
7. Who was freed after 66 years in jail in Indiana in 1974?
8. Founding of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity in which city in South Carolina in 1904?
9. In 1985, who assumed leadership of New York’s Gambino crime family after ordering the executions of Paul Castellano and Thomas Bilotti?
10. The official adoption of the name “Euro” in which month in 1995?
11. In 1909, which Swedish writer was the first woman to win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
12. Premiere of fact-based crime drama film “Mississippi Burning” in which year?
13. The fermented juice of the century plant (maguey in Spanish) was one of the most common drinks to which civilization’s cuisine?
14. Spokesperson for The Who announces the group is disbanding in which year?
15. Final episode of the TV talk show “Larry King Live” airs on which channel in 2010?
16. In 1911, which American aviator completed 1st crossing of US by airplane in 84 days?
Calbraith Perry Rodgers
17. Who beats Giant Baba in Tokyo, to become NWA wrestling champ in 1974?
18. In 1986, Revolt in which country against the Communist party, known as Zheltoksan, which becomes the first sign of ethnic strife during Gorbachev’s tenure?
19. Funeral for which French rock star draws hundreds of thousands onto Paris streets in 2017?
20. US President Bill Clinton names his Labrador retriever “Buddy” in which year?
21. In 1983, who was named New York Yankees manager for 2nd time?
22. In 1768, the First part (number) of the Encyclopedia Britannica was published in which city in Scotland?
23. Dow Jones index hits 570.01 in which year?
24. In 1983, in Riverside, California; a judge denies which cerebral palsy victim request to starve herself to death in a county hospital?
25. 4 people are killed after which Cyclone strikes Fiji in 2012?
26. Who was elected president of South Korea in 1987?
Roh Tae Woo
27. NY Yankees sign a 12-year television contract with MSG for how much in 1988?
28. Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi declares victory over the Islamic State in Iraq, ending more than 3 years of a convict in which year?
29. In 1902, women are given the right to vote in which territory in Australia?
30. Iraq disarmament crisis: Operation Desert Fox – the United States and United Kingdom bomb targets in Iraq in which year?
31. Which political cult leader was convicted of tax, mail fraud in 1988?
32. In which year, New York Governor Lovelace announces monthly mail service between New York & Boston?
33. Arab oil ministers announce a further production cut of 5 percent for January for non-friendly countries in which year?
34. In 1901, First Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded to Wilhelm Röntgen for his discovery of what?
35. Who defeat Chelsea 1-0 to win the 2012 FIFA Club World Cup in 2012?
36. In 2016, Mosconi Cup nine-ball pool, London, England: Europe wins 7th consecutive title convincingly beating US, 11-3; who held MVP?
Albin Ouschan (Austria)
37. World Boxing Council first to reduce the length of championship fights from 15 to 12 rounds in which year?
38. Commencement of 1st Test Cricket play at Bellerive Oval, Hobart (v SL) in which year?
39. In which sea battle, lt-admiral Maarten Tromp beats the English fleet in 1652?
Sea battle Dungeness
40. NASA’s which spacecraft was the 1st to cross the termination shock, where solar and interstellar winds merge in 2004?
41. In 1899, British “Black Week” was celebrated due to defeats in which country?
42. Sunningdale Agreement in Northern Ireland in which year?
43. Ghanaian Presidential election won by whom of the opposition New Patriotic Party in 2016?
44. In 1914, the French government returned to which city?
45. A gang rape of a woman on a bus in India that resulted in her death leads to national and international outrage in which year?
46. In 1989, who completed 355* for WA against South Australia?
47. 61°F in Boston at 1 AM in which year?
48. The first western pilgrims welcomed at The House of `Abdu’lláh Páshá in which year?
49. In 1989, a protest breaks out in which city in response to an attempt by the government to evict dissident Hungarian pastor, László Tokés?
50. Who was elected President of Haiti in 1990?
Rev. Jean-Bertrand Aristide
51. Which German Chancellor was named Time Magazine’s Person of the Year, for her handling of debt and refugee crises in 2015?
52. In 1973, NFL St. Louis Cardinal Jim Bakken kicks 6 field goals vs who?
53. In 1294, who becomes Pope?
Pope Coelestinus V
54. In 1896, Alfred Jarry’s play “Ubu Roi” was premiered in which city?
55. 21 people are killed and 20 are injured after a bus falls from an elevated highway in which city in the Philippines in 2013?
56. In 1918, who becomes president of baseball’s National League for the 2nd time?
57. Phoenix, Arizona, gets 3″ of snow in which December?
58. Pope Zachary elected in which year?
59. What was Amazon’s best-selling book of the year is by Paula Hawkins in 2015?
“Girl on a Train”
60. KUSW, Salt Lake City Utah, final shortwave radio transmissions took place in which year?
61. Who was knocked out Manny Pacquiao in round six for the WBO light welterweight title in 2012?
Juan Manuel Márquez
62. “A Charlie Brown Christmas”, the first Peanuts animated special premieres on which channel in the US in 1965?
63. “Les Miserables” opens at Princess Theatre in which city in 1989?
64. In 1887, Austria-Hungary, Italy, and Great Britain sign what treaty?
Balkan military treaty
65. Who won the 79th Heisman Trophy Award in 2013?
Jameis Winston, Florida State (QB)
66. Attack on Kandahar airport by Taliban forces kills at least 37 before Afghan forces retake control in which year?
67. In 1985, SF 49ers wide receiver Jerry Rice begins an NFL streak of 274 consecutive games with a reception in a 27-20 loss to the LA Rams at which ground?
68. Armenia’s which acting Prime Minister won a snap election with 70.4% of the vote in 2018?
69. In 1993, NHL NJ Devils organization announces that it will change its colors to what for the 1992-93 season?
Black, red, & white
70. Which team signed their 1st player, 16-year-old pitcher Clemente Nunez in 1991?
71. Women suffrage (right to vote) granted in Wyoming Territory (US 1st) in which year?
72. Pioneer Venus 2 drops how many probes into the atmosphere of Venus in 1978?
73. Winter storm hits US southeast killing three, leaving hundreds of thousands without power, canceling over 1,000 flights in which year?
74. MLB pitcher Roy Halladay announced his retirement in 2013 due to what reason?
Persistent back injury
75. An Army Public School in Pakistan is attacked by which Pakistani militants who killed 145 people in 2014?
76. Emory College (now Emory University) is chartered in Oxford, Georgia in which year?
77. Who from LA Ram rushes 215 yards for a season record of 2,105 yards in 1984?
78. In 1907, who receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so?
79. In which year, CIA Torture Report was released, detailing the CIA’s use of torture on detainees between 2001-2006?
80. UN reverses ruling that Zionism is racism by 111-25 (13 abstain) vote in which year?
81. 23rd NAACP Image Awards: which movie won the Outstanding Motion Picture in 1990?
“Coming to America”
82. US President Gerald Ford signs $2.3 Bn loan authorization for NYC in which year?
83. Same-sex marriage was legalized in which country after being signed into law by the Governor-General in 2017?
84. In 1831, which musical begins publishing in New York City, the premier sports journal of the 19th century?
“Spirit of the Times”
85. In 2015, US Federal Reserve raises interest rates by what percent for the first time since 2006?
86. Gunda Niemann skates ladies world record 3k ladies (4:10.80) in which year?
87. Iranian commandos end day hijack of Kuwaiti plane in which year?
88. Tens of thousands march on Delhi, India, to demand Hindi temple be built on contentious religious site in which location in 2018?
89. In 1816, the Dutch regained which island from the British?
90. Independence of the Republic of Kazakhstan held in which year?
91. NL votes to ban the spitball’s use by all new pitchers in which year?
92. Which country completed nationalization by taking over the BP, CFP, and Shell shares of the Basrah Petroleum Company in 1975?
93. Ghorpade was a clan under which dynasty once ruled in India?
94. Which NFL NY Giant becomes 8th to rush for 10,000th yard in 1990?
95. 5-day pollution red alert declared in Beijing and 21 other Chinese cities, classified by officials as a what in 2016?
96. Who won the 72nd Heisman Trophy Award in 2006?
Troy Smith, Ohio State (QB)
97. In 1983, Counselor to Ronald Reagan, Edwin Meese says people go to soup kitchens because?
“food is free & that’s easier than paying for it”
98. Mike Ditka’s #89 jersey is retired by the Chicago Bears in which year?
99. Who won the 83rd Heisman Trophy Award in 2017?
Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma (QB)
100. Which musicals was opened at Gershwin Theater NYC for 5 performances in 1993?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 100 Unusual Quizzes Questions with Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Questions Answer Quiz Printable GK
- 100 Easy GK Quiz Questions Answer English for the Elderly
- 100 Easy GK Trivia English Questions with Answer for Elderly
- 100 Easy Quiz Questions and Answers Printable for the Elderly
- 100 Tough GK Trivia Questions Answer Printable Quiz Test
- 100 Impossible Quiz Questions Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz for 15-Year-Olds with Answers Printable
- 100 Free GK Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz to Print
- 100 Bonus Trivia Question Answers Quiz of the Day Printable
- 100 World Toughest GK Questions Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Adults only Trivia Questions General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Free General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers Trivia
- 100 English General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Most Hard GK Questions with Answers Printable Trivia Quiz
- 100 Most Difficult GK Questions with Answers Printable Trivia Quiz
- 100 GK General Knowledge Questions and Answers Free Quiz
- 100 Random General Knowledge Questions and Answers Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Questions Quiz about World in English
- 100 International General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers
Leave a Reply