GK basic questions in English quiz general knowledge printable, GK is appropriate for easy and free learning with fun and entertainment. In order to increase your knowledge base, there is no other alternative but to learn continuously. If you hone your mind and attention regularly, there is much good news for you.
Solving gk basic questions in English is also a good source of pastime and joy. In order to avoid monotony and frustration of life, there are many interesting options for you, these gk basic questions in English quiz questions are one of those opportunities.
Let’s solve the gk basic questions in the English printable quiz from here.
GK basic questions in English
1. Which mall contains more than 1,200 shops, an ice rink, a SEGA game center, a five-star hotel, 22 cinema screens, and 120 restaurants and cafes?
Dubai Mall – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2. What is the other term of the Latin derived word “Biennial” anniversary?
3. When was Dublin city founded?
4. In which country the art and science of agriculture is called Agrology?
5. Who Ruled India the third most after British Raj, and Mughal Empire?
6. What is a Moggie?
7. What is the sister version of White House named?
8. Which city is called the Fashion Capital?
9. Albrighton railway station is located where?
10. Greek leader Alexander the Great was born in which year?
11. Which country’s name comes from the wood its first major export?
12. Arabic month Ramaḍān meaning what in English?
13. What type of pet Oscar is?
14. Which English King holds the official record of bastards 21?
15. What is Congo-Kinshasa?
The Democratic Republic of the Congo
16. What is Onomastics or onomatology?
Onomastics or onomatology is the study of the etymology, history, and use of proper names. An orthonym is the proper name of the object in question, the object of onomastic study.
17. Alfred Bailey started what annual publication in mid 19th century?
18. What is the old name of Croatia?
19. What is the largest wild animal in the UK?
The Scottish red deer
20. West Edmonton Mall is the largest shopping center in North America located in which country?
21. Nelis, Seckel, Forelle, and Bosc all varieties of what?
22. What is the month of May named in the Chinese language?
23. Isaiah Sellers did it before Samuel Clements – did what?
Used Mark Twain
24. What is a Beagle?
25. Which cities name means End of the elephant’s trunk?
26. What pop star served a football apprenticeship with Brentford?
27. Bari city is located in which country?
28. Whose autobiography was entitled The Sport of Queens?
29. Aldermaston village is located in which country?
30. Baruch S. Blumberg and D. Carleton Gajdusek received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in which year?
31. Pope Saint Peter is from which country?
The Holy Land
32. What kind of musical instrument is a xylophone?
33. Fiction The Hound of the Baskervilles was written in which year?
34. Iron statue of Vulcan looks down Red Mountain what US city?
35. He was nicknamed “Pocket Rocket” after his older brother, Canadiens’ legend and fellow Hockey Hall of Famer Maurice “Rocket”
36. Who made his name with Jimmy James and the Blue Flames?
37. Who is the writer of the famous novel To Kill A Mockingbird?
38. What is de-extinction?
The (proposed or imagined) revival of an extinct species, typically by cloning or selective breeding.
39. In 1951 the shortest ever lasted 2.5 minutes – shortest what?
Boat race Oxford sank
40. Roman leader Germanicus Julius Caesar was born in which year?
41. Where is the Headquarters of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC)?
New York, USA
42. Who is Mary of Bethany and Martha?
43. What is Dublin’s nickname?
44. His dog lay _______ his lap.
45. Name Shakespeare’s play with a city in Greece in a name?
Timon of Athens
46. Paula Julie Abdul was a cheerleader for whom?
Van Nuys High School
47. Who was swallowed by the earth in the Bible?
48. What is a synonym for Fussy?
Difficult to please
49. Montgomery County, Maryland has what national bird?
American robin, Turdus migratorius
50. What is Ceres?
Fruit Juice brand
51. Desember is the 12th month in which language?
52. What is Yoruba?
The Yoruba people are an ethnic group that inhabits western Africa, mainly the countries of Nigeria, Benin, and Togo.
53. Which film won the best story Oscar in 1958?
The Defiant Ones
54. Who was the first high priest in the Bible?
55. Eddie Slovak only American to do what 31/01/1945?
Executed desertion WW2
56. Which country is bordered by Austria to the south, Germany to the west, Poland to the northeast, and Slovakia to the east?
57. What is the UN code for the Cayman Islands?
58. Who is Sedna?
According to Inuit mythology, Sedna is the mistress of sea animals.
59. Amman-Marka International Airport is located in which country?
60. How did Teacher John T. Scopes died?
61. What is an adaptive mechanism?
Behavior that allows a person to adjust and survive in a new environment
62. Charles University is located in which country?
63. What is Annwn?
The “otherworld” of Welsh mythology
64. Who wrote the lyrics for the Oscar-winning song Whole New World?
65. In Wyoming it is illegal to wear what in a theatre?
A Hat if others can’t see over it
66. Who Is Moses’ brother?
67. Which US president worked his way up from janitor to president of Hiram College?
68. What is the mother language in Bangladesh?
69. Victoria Falls is located in which country?
70. What links Burton Richter and Samuel Chao Chung Ting?
The Nobel Prize in Physics 1976
71. Which country has UPC barcode 741?
72. Which Japanese airport has its IATA code ASJ?
73. How is the name of Luiz Felipe Scolari related to the 2002 FIFA WC?
Luiz Felipe Scolari was the coach of the chmpion Brazil team
74. What is the Alpha 3 code for Bulgaria?
75. In English superstition what bird should you wish a good day?
Magpie else bad luck
76. An empelomaniac has a desire to do what?
Hold public office
77. Where are the rivers Amazon–Ucayali–Tambo–Ene–Mantaro outflow?
78. What is meant by Vacillate?
Move or sway in a rising and falling or wavelike pattern
79. What is Independence Day in East Timor?
80. William N. Lipscomb received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1976 for what contribution?
“for his studies on the structure of boranes illuminating problems of chemical bonding”
81. What is a synonym for Frustrating?
Cause something or someone to be upset or annoyed; prevent from achieving something.
82. What is fitnah?
Civil strife, war, riots, any trial or tribulation
83. Who described TV as “Chewing gum for the masses”?
Architect Frank Lloyd Wright
84. What is the internet country domain TLD for Cuba?
85. What city was known as Christiania until 1925?
Oslo – Sweden
86. What links Wirt Sikes, Daniel Silvan Evans, John Jones, Elias Owen, Marie Trevelyan, and J. Ceredig Davies?
87. What is the scientific name for Monkey (proboscis)?
88. What is the UPC code for Honduras?
89. Which Saint is associated with an eagle in religious art?
90. Roger Guillemin, Rosalyn Yalow, and Andrew V. Schally received the Nobel Prize in 1977 in which category?
Physiology or Medicine
91. What is a Docodonta?
Docodonta is an order of extinct mammaliaforms that lived during the Mesozoic, from the Middle Jurassic to Early Cretaceous.
92. Isuzu is a brand of car from which country?
93. BRN is the Alpha 3 code for which country?
94. What is a tribe?
Large bands led by a headsman and joined by common interest and need
95. What is called the City of Peace?
96. What is the national flower in the Czech Republic?
97. Which has internet country domain TLD .cw?
98. A property or quality of any archaeological object such as the length of a projectile point, the hardness of a potsherd or the colour of a bottle fragment is called what?
99. koruna is the currency of which country?
The Czech Republic
100. Amnesty International received the Nobel Peace Prize 1977 for what contribution?
“for worldwide respect for human rights”
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 100 General Knowledge Trivia Quiz for Kids GK Printable
- 100 Easy Quiz General Knowledge Trivia Questions Printable
- 100 Free Printable Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Questions and Answers Trivia General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Trivia Questions for Adults
- 100 Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers Trivia
- 100 Trivia with Answers for Seniors Quiz General Knowledge
- 100 Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers Printable Random
- 100 Trivia Questions Trivia Quiz Printable Questions and Answers
- 100 Hard General Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers Printable
- 100 Interesting Trivia Quiz Printable Questions and Answers
- 100 Random GK Trivia Printable Quiz Questions Answers
- 100 Printable Trivia General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 General Knowledge Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Common General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Students
- 100 Simple General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers
- 100 Interesting General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers
- 100 General Knowledge Questions for Idiots Printable
- 100 Daily Trivia Questions and Answers Printable Trivia Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Trivia Quiz for Teenagers Printable