Are you ready to solve some fresh general knowledge questions and answers about history in English printable for free? general knowledge questions and answers about history may assist us in becoming more well-informed citizens. It reveals who we are as a collective group, and knowing who we are is crucial to preserving a democratic society. Through intelligent arguments and the refinement of people’s basic views, general knowledge questions and answers about history information enable individuals to play an active role in the political arena. Citizens can even shift their previous belief systems by learning about general knowledge questions and answers about history.
You may put your own principles and ideals to the test by looking at particular tales about people and events with general knowledge questions and answers about history. You may connect it to some real-life circumstances that people have had to deal with during terrible times. General knowledge questions and answers about history might be motivating to look at persons who have confronted and conquered adversity. You can research significant historical figures who successfully navigated moral difficulties, as well as everyday people who educate us about courage, perseverance, and dissent with the general knowledge questions and answers about history.
General Knowledge Questions and Answers about History
1. Who formed France on October 4, 1958, under the Fifth Republic’s Constitution?
Charles de Gaulle
2. What is the date of acquisition of sovereignty of Cameroon?
1 January 1960
3. Which country was revealed to have been behind the massive cyberattacks on US government agencies and private companies since the Spring of 2020?
4. What was an independent Boer sovereign republic under British suzerainty in Southern Africa during the second half of the 19th century?
The Orange Free State
5. Bird banding society was found in which year?
6. Longest ever UN climate talks end in which city with a compromise deal on curbing carbon only, other targets deferred for a year in 2019?
7. Which country blocks imports of coal, from Australia, the world’s second-biggest market for the world’s biggest coal exporter in 2020?
8. What US Electoral College votes officially affirm Joe Biden’s presidential election victory in 2020?
9. US State Department increases reward for information on which Islamic State leader to $25 million in 2016?
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
10. Which king of Sweden accedes to the Swedish throne in 1907?
King Gustaf V
11. 14 people found guilty of 2015 terror attacks on Charlie Hebdo office and supermarket in which city in 2020?
12. In 2017, which country announced it has rediscovered the lost last paintings of Raphael in the Vatican Museum, painted in 1520?
13. Protests against India’s new citizenship bill that excludes which religion, erupt across major cities, killing at least five in 2019?
14. In 1960, MLB expansion team Los Angeles Angels sign a 4-year lease to use which venue?
15. Ethiopian Emperor Menelik II drives Italian General Baratieri out in which battle 1895?
Battle at Amba Alagi
16. The UK begins vaccinating for COVID-19 using the which vaccine in 2020?
17. Major winter storm hits US Northeast resulting in at least seven deaths and which city in New York, receiving record 41 inches of snow in 2020?
18. In 2020 US Open Women’s Golf, Champions GC, Houston: who won her first major title by 1 stroke from fellow South Korean Ko Jin-young and American Amy Olson?
19. The German Reichstag adopts a progressive social law restricting hours of factory work by young people and women in which year?
20. American Federation of Labor (AFL) was formed by 26 craft unions, who was elected AFL president in 1886?
21. A 9-year-old girl, who died of an asthma attack in 2013 becomes the first person in the world to officially have air pollution listed in which year as the cause of death?
22. Which company bought most of 21st Century Fox for $52.4 billion in 2017?
Walt Disney Company
23. Who won the 39th Heisman Trophy Award in 1973?
John Cappelletti, Penn State (RB)
24. What was a convention signed on 10 September 1757 at Klosterzeven between France and the Electorate of Hanover during the Seven Years’ War?
The Convention of Klosterzeven
25. Vienna’s Ring Theater was destroyed by gaslight fire, killing an estimated 384-1000 people in which country?
26. Ken O’Brien’s 96 yard TD pass (NY Jet record) to Wesley Walker in which year?
27. In December 2020, which US Attorney General resigned?
28. Which Act ruled unconstitutional by a federal judge in Fort Worth, Texas in 2018?
Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
29. Which musical, starring Mary Martin broadcast, for the 3rd time, on NBC as a special event, videotaped in color for future rebroadcasts in 1960?
30. Which French nun saw the vision of the Virgin Mary at Lourdes, was canonized by the Catholic Church in 1933?
31. US Major League Baseball announced it is elevating the Negro Leagues to Major League status in which year?
32. Who declared war on Japan, US enters World War II in 1941?
US and Britain
33. US media regulator the Federal Communications Commission votes to end net neutrality in which year?
34. Who departed Vienna for America in 1907?
35. 5,000 armed Boers gather in which city in South Africa in 1880?
36. Who becomes Finland’s youngest-ever Prime Minister at the age of 34 in 2019?
37. Which country annexed Arabic Palestine in 1948?
38. Europe & 64 developing countries sign which treaty in 1984?
39. Fire in an illegal bag factory in which city in India, kills 43 in 2019?
40. Which country began compulsory education for 7-12 years in 1876?
41. Huge explosion and fire in a restaurant in which city in Japan injures 42 in 2018?
42. 1st blackout, at 6:15 PM in 1941 held in which city?
43. First Christmas what sold (Wilmington, Delaware, post office) in 1907?
44. Train plows into a school bus cutting it in half, killing 4 children, and injuring 20 near which city in France in 2017?
45. Coaxial cable was patented in which year?
46. 9th Space Shuttle Mission, name ______, lands at Edwards AFB in 1983?
47. Who won the 14th Heisman Trophy Award in 1948?
Doak Walker, SMU (HB)
48. Who was a Roman general and statesman of the closing period of the Western Roman Empire?
49. Who won the 84th Heisman Trophy Award in 2018?
Kyler Murray, Oklahoma (QB)
50. German-US friendship treaty was signed in which year?
51. Antwerp Belgium diocese was formed in which year?
52. Russian 16th army recaptures which city in 1941?
53. What is a 1964 film that features Gordon Scott as Gaius Mucius Scaevola, directed by Giorgio Ferroni?
Hero of Rome
54. Suicide bomber kills at least 18 police officers at a training center parade in which city in Somalia, Islamic group al-Shabab claim responsibility in 2017?
55. Which of Cole Porter’s musicals was opened at B. S. Moss’s Broadway Theatre, NYC; runs for 169 performances in 1930?
“The New Yorkers”
56. Russian air raid on Helsinki in which year?
57. Which musical eas closed at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 168 performances in 1948?
58. Who holds Washington Monument hostage, demanding an end to nuclear weapons, killed by police after 10 hrs (he had no explosives) in 1982?
59. US President Donald Trump announces whom to be stepping down as White House Chief of Staff at the end of the year in 2018?
60. John McCrae’s which poem was appeared anonymously in “Punch” magazine in 1915?
“In Flanders Fields”
61. NY American reports which Belgian King bribed US Senate commission on the Congo in 1906?
62. London: Dutch government-in-exile declares war on which country in 1941?
63. French Assembly National votes for separation of church & state in which year?
64. Which British surgeon admitted to branding the liver of 2 patients with his initials in 2017?
65. Boers rebelling against the British in which country suffer several defeats, with one of their leaders, General Beyers, accidentally drowning in 1914?
66. Who failed in the 7th Islander penalty shot in 1982?
67. Which musical was opened at International Theater NYC for 11 performances in 1947?
68. UN climate conference agrees to extend the which agreement to 2020 in 2012?
69. In which year, settler Hugh Bewitt was banished from Mass colony when he declared himself to be free of original sin?
70. Which theatre was opened at 1681 Broadway NYC in 1930?
71. Spain becomes a republic in which year?
72. Extermination camp at what location was opened, 50 kilometers from Lódz, Poland in 1941?
73. Which government establishes a Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation, and Financial Services Industry in 2017?
74. Who won the 73rd Heisman Trophy Award, held in 2007?
Tim Tebow, Florida (QB)
75. Battle of the Falkland Island: British Royal Navy destroys a German battle squadron in which year?
76. Who won the 43rd Heisman Trophy Award in 1977?
Earl Campbell, Texas (RB)
77. US Army rocket plane XS-1 makes 1st powered flight in which year?
78. Which Byzantine General entered Rome while the Ostrogothic garrison peacefully leaves the city, returning the old capital to its empire in 536?
79. Which company released The Eagle’s fifth studio album “Hotel California”; it spawns two #1 singles and sells over 30 million copies in 1976?
80. Salary & price freeze in which country in December 1923?
81. Vienna State Opera stages its first show by a female composer in 150 years – which Olga Neuwirth’s opera in 2019?
82. NAACP files suit to equalize salaries of black & white teachers in which year?
83. South African Zozibini Tunzi crowned Miss Universe in Atlanta in which year?
84. US pharmaceutical company Johnson & Johnson knew for decades their talc was contaminated with asbestos in 2018 – report by whom?
85. Construction starts at the Palace of Fine Arts in which city in 1913?
86. Bombings in Baghdad, Iraq kill 127 and injure 448 in December which year?
87. Who got the 8th Heisman Trophy Award in 1942?
Frank Sinkwich, Georgia (HB)
88. Polar explorers Mike Horn and who complete a 1,800 km (1,118 miles) journey on drifting ice in darkness in the Arctic in 2019?
89. Who won the Miss World (also the Miss Jamaica? in London, the first time all five major beauty titles held by black women in 2019?
90. Aleksandr Ostrovsky’s “Volki i Ovsty” was premiered in which city in 1875?
91. What is the name of 2000 thriller film from Spain, directed by Álex de la Iglesia, casts Carmen Maura, Eduardo Antuna, Jesus Bonilla?
92. Highest temperature for December in the US recorded in which location in 1938?
La Mesa Calif
93. UN General Assembly re-elects whom, the Secretary-General in 1976?
94. Bel Air mansion featured in TV series “The Beverly Hillbillies” sells for $150 million, becoming California’s most expensive property in which year?
95. Labour/Liberals win British parliament in which year?
96. What is the French-language newspaper published from Brooklyn, New York since 1971?
97. Who was elected President of Nicaragua in 1936?
Anastasio Somoza García
98. What was the genre of the American film “New Pillow Fight”, released in 1897?
99. Which newspaper was published in 1641 from Edinburgh in the English language?
The heads of several proceedings in the present Parliament
100. Timothy Eaton founded T. Eaton Co. Limited in which Canadian city in 1869?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 100 Unusual Quizzes Questions with Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Questions Answer Quiz Printable GK
- 100 Easy GK Quiz Questions Answer English for the Elderly
- 100 Easy GK Trivia English Questions with Answer for Elderly
- 100 Easy Quiz Questions and Answers Printable for the Elderly
- 100 Tough GK Trivia Questions Answer Printable Quiz Test
- 100 Impossible Quiz Questions Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz for 15-Year-Olds with Answers Printable
- 100 Free GK Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz to Print
- 100 Bonus Trivia Question Answers Quiz of the Day Printable
- 100 World Toughest GK Questions Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Adults only Trivia Questions General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Free General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers Trivia
- 100 English General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Most Hard GK Questions with Answers Printable Trivia Quiz
- 100 Most Difficult GK Questions with Answers Printable Trivia Quiz
- 100 GK General Knowledge Questions and Answers Free Quiz
- 100 Random General Knowledge Questions and Answers Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Questions Quiz about World in English
- 100 International General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers
Leave a Reply