There are many easy quiz questions for adults you should take into consideration. How much do you know about Frederick II, king of Prussia? Frederick’s rule was primarily focused on strengthening the state’s authority. He really wanted to promote culture and education, but the task of creating a powerful army and obtaining the funding to support it was more important than these humanitarian aspirations. Everything revolved around the army, and the administrative structure was primarily in place to assemble, supply, and support the army. Solve easy quiz questions for adults’ printable quizzes. Its magnitude was unmatched throughout Europe in relation to the resources available to support it. When Frederick died, there were 190,000 soldiers in the standing army, up from the 83,000 that he inherited in 1740. (though of these only about 80,000 were Prussian subjects).
Under his leadership, the army continued to be made up primarily of peasants and several foreign recruits who were frequently taken, hostage. In Prussia, the majority of the army’s recruits came from the countryside; townspeople’s only duty was to pay for it through their taxes, not to join it. Frederick made an effort to defend the troops and peasants against the demands of the Junker landlord-officers up until a certain point. Enjoy the easy quiz questions for adults in English. In 1748 he ordered officers not to treat their men “like serfs,” and in 1749 and 1764 he issued decrees limiting the obligations of the peasant to his lord; however, these were essentially attempting to prevent the plight of the peasant from becoming so desperate that he would be driven into flight and thereby jeopardize the supply of recruits.
The majority of Frederick’s people considered serving in the army to be the most onerous of all the duties required of them throughout his reign. Heavy demands were placed on areas that were often impoverished in order to support the large army. Stick to te easy quiz GK questions for adults. The king, however, appeared to place greater importance on building up a sizable financial reserve that would be used to fund the hiring of soldiers in the event of war. He was continually thinking about the financial needs that a protracted fight would entail, and the frantic efforts of 1756–1762 further strengthened his convictions.
The vast majority of the tax structure, which was based on the excise (mostly a food tax) paid by the towns and the contribution (a complicated property tax) levied in the countryside, was practically unaltered. Hurry up for the easy general knowledge quiz questions for adults. It was also augmented by the income of the vast royal domains. Frederick tried a variety of new tariffs, including one that taxed tobacco and other less important goods (introduced in 1766 and overseen by a French businessman named Le Haye de Launay), but these reforms had little overall impact.
Indeed, many of Frederick’s fiscal policies were poorly thought out. For instance, keeping a sizable cash reserve, which withdrew a significant amount of an impoverished society’s liquid wealth from circulation, was economically detrimental. Use these easy quiz questions for adults for competitive exams. However, unlike many other governments of the era, the government was never constrained by a shortage of funds because of stringent spending controls and a generally effective tax-collecting system. Test your merit on many other easy quiz questions for adults below!
Easy General Knowledge Quiz Questions for Adults
1. Orson Scott Card received the Locus Award in 1988 for which Fantasy Novel?
2. C. S. Lewis authored which literary work in 1950?
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
3. Fire destroys most of the old city of Bremen, Germany, including the cathedral in which year?
4. Where in England would you find the theme park Dreamland?
5. In 1950, which musical was opened at Coronet Theater, NYC, runs for 3 performances?
“Happy As Larry”
6. Who patented the “Method of Obtaining Direct current from Alternating Currents” – 1889 October 22?
7. Which Old World monkey species has its scientific name Cercopithecus campbelli?
Campbell’s mona monkey
8. A treatise on smallpox and measles was written by whom?
Muhammad ibn Zakariya al-Raz
9. How many counties are there in Arkansas in the United States?
10. Which is the coldest place in the world?
11. What fruit variety is the Autumn Royal?
12. “The Lady of Shalott” – subject of the Lord Tennyson’s poem was depicted in three paintings (1888, 1894, and 1916) by whom?
John William Waterhouse
13. Blundellsands And Crosby town is located in which country?
14. In 1950. Britain recognizes the Communist government of which country?
15. Where is the Bulgarian 15-cm Solar Coronagraph located?
16. Norman Bethune was featured on a postage stamp of Canada in which year?
17. First suspension bridge, Maya Bridge at Yaxchilan was built in which century?
Late 7th century
18. In which of his books did Fausto Veranzino show a parachute design in 1595?
Machinae novae (New machines)
19. Who was the artist of the “George Washington bust” on the stamp of the United States appeared in 1870?
20. In 1951, which team beat Rochester Royals, 75-73 an NBA-record 6 overtimes; also the longest game in NBA history?
21. It was said that the Mercury spacecraft capsules were worn, not ridden, why?
Because of their small size
22. What did Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams collectively create?
23. What was the reigning period of Julius Caesar?
100 B.C to 44 B.C
24. Which former first lady married Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis on October 20, 1968?
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
25. What is the Equuleus?
A crater constellation
26. In 542, Ostrogoths under Totila defeat the combined Byzantine armies in which event in history?
Battle of Faventia
27. André Viger (athlete) from which nation was warded the Paralympic Hall of Fame in 2008?
28. The myth of a World Tortoise, along with that of a world-bearing elephant, was discussed comparatively by whom?
Edward Burnett Tylor
29. Hundreds of South Korean communist sympathizers are slaughtered in the Ganghwa massacre in which year?
30. In 1675, which labor issue and event occurred in the USA?
Boston Ship Carpenters’ Protest
31. Who was the Greek God of Poetry?
32. In 1934, which miners’ strike occurred in Asturias, Spain?
Asturian miners’ strike
33. What month was Prince George born?
34. What is roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa)?
A bast (plant) fibre
35. Blue shark demonstrates which camouflage methods?
Side or Thayer countershading
36. Stephen King authored the fiction “Pet Sematary” in which year?
37. According to Indian legend, who was the first wife and chief queen of King Ratan Sen, the Rajput ruler of Medapata?
38. Whose conquests of Pannonia, Dalmatia, Raetia, and (temporarily) parts of Germania laid the foundations for the empire’s northern frontier?
Tiberius Julius Caesar Augustus
39. Who became the first female cantor to sing in a Conservative synagogue (specifically Temple Beth Zion in Los Angeles) in 1978?
40. For what are the caves of Lascaux in France famous?
Prehistoric cave paintings.
41. The puppet sleepy bloodhound character called Beauregard Burnside III belonged to which American TV show from 1952 to 1955?
Garfield Goose and Friends
42. To a single decimal point, many kilometers in a mile?
43. Aegialus is an ancient location mentioned in which literary work?
44. How many counties are there in Wisconsin in the United States?
45. Alastair Reynolds took the title of the book “Blue Remembered Earth” from which source?
A. E. Housman, A Shropshire Lad, Poem XL
46. WKBN TV channel 27 in Youngstown, OH (CBS) begins broadcasting in which year?
47. Who is a Jewish musician or precentor trained in the vocal arts who helps lead the congregation in songful prayer?
A hazzan or chazzan
48. What is Mimesis?
resembles something the observer is not interested in
49. PC shortcut keys: Win + SHIFT + V=?
[Cycle through notifications in reverse order]
50. Rockingham District Society is located in which Australian region?
More Interesting Articles
- 50 Fun Facts Quiz with Answers Trivia General Knowledge Test
- 50 GK Trivia Questions and Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Printable General Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 Silly General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Free General Knowledge Quiz with Answers Interesting Facts
- 50 General Trivia Quiz with Answers Easy Printable GK Test
- 50 General Knowledge Family Quiz GK Trivia Questions Answer
- 50 General Fun Trivia Questions English Printable GK Quiz
- 50 Fun Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Questions History and Answers Quiz
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Difficult General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 65 Horse Racing Quiz Questions Answers Random Trivia Horses
- 50 Family Fun General Knowledge Quizzes with Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Bee Printable Trivia in English
- 50 Weird Trivia Questions for Adults General Knowledge Quiz
- 50 GK Questions and Answers Easy English General Knowledge
- 100 Stranger Things Quiz 100 Questions General Knowledge
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 GK Questions Easy with Answers English Printable Trivia