Do you like to explore some free, basic trivia quiz questions and answers in printable form? To give you some idea, let’s learn something about Frederick II, king of Prussia. Following this, Frederick was keen to prevent a similar battle, and this was a major goal of the 1764–1780 alliance he forged with Russia. Explore basic trivia quiz questions and answers in printable form. Nevertheless, he continued to vehemently resist the expansion of Habsburg authority in Germany, and in July 1778 a fresh Austro-Prussian conflict erupted over Emperor Joseph II’s attempts to conquer a sizable portion of Bavaria. The Treaty of Teschen, which put an end to this short-lived and half-hearted War of the Bavarian Succession in May 1779, was a major blow to Joseph’s aspirations and a diplomatic win for Frederick.
However, this new battle made it clear that the competition between Austria and Prussia, which dates back to the events of 1740–1741, was now a deeply embedded aspect of German political life. Enjoy basic trivia quiz questions and answers in printable form. Frederick’s fear of the ambitions of the Habsburgs persisted to the very end of his reign. His final noteworthy accomplishment was to play a major role in the founding of the League of Princes (Fürstenbund) in July 1785. The League of Princes brought together several German states, the most significant of which were Hanover, Saxony, and the archbishopric of Mainz, and successfully resisted Joseph II’s renewed attempts to take over all of Bavaria in exchange for the Austrian Netherlands.
The first division of Poland, which took place in 1772, was the most significant foreign policy event during the second half of Frederick’s rule. This allowed Prussia to obtain the Polish province of West Prussia (albeit without the important commercial hub of Danzig), and as a result, the central regions of the kingdom, Brandenburg and Pomerania, were connected to the hitherto isolated East Prussia. Share basic trivia quiz questions and answers in printable form. This improved the state’s geographical cohesion and made its borders more secure. It also deepened the social and political divisions that tended to set it apart from the states of western Europe and relocated its geographic center decisively to the east.
This type of geographical expansion was what Frederick had always desired, and as the internally split Polish republic got weaker and more disorganized in the 1760s, the likelihood of it happening rose. Stick to basic trivia quiz questions and answers in printable form. He unsuccessfully attempted to persuade Catherine II of Russia to support a division in 1769. However, by January 1771, the empress had altered her mind as a result of fierce Austrian opposition to her expansionist goals in southern Europe.
The Habsburg administration, which had hoped to recapture Silesia or acquire territory in the Balkans, was convinced to engage in the process as a result of Prince Henry, Frederick’s younger brother, visiting St. Petersburg in that month. Pass the basic trivia quiz questions and answers in printable form. The split was mostly Frederick’s fault because no other participating king had made a conscious decision to do so. It is considered to be maybe his greatest diplomatic achievement since it led to the persuasion of both Russia and Austria to adopt a strategy that was primarily Prussian in inspiration. In this blog, you will find many other interesting, basic trivia quiz questions and answers in printable form.
Basic Trivia GK Free Quiz Questions and Answers
1. Who was termed the “The Fat” in the Portuguese House of Burgundy?
2. Which pope in 741–752 banned the sale of Christian slaves to Muslims, purchased all slaves acquired in the city by Venetian traders, and sets them free?
3. What was the contribution of David Baddiel – piano, guitar?
A musical comedian
4. Balthasar van der Ast, a Dutch painter, listed in the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. was born in which year?
5. In 1791, which massacre in the Ohio Country, marked the beginning of the Northwest Indian War?
Big Bottom massacre
6. Which Varangian prince founded the Rurik dynasty, which ruled during the late 9th to the mid-13th century around Russia?
7. In ancient times, the cargo was shipped as part of the trade between India and which country?
8. Words to use instead of VERY: Very fancy —>?
9. Austrian Grand Prix was first held in which year?
10. In 1776, which country ends the use of interrogation by torture?
11. Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre arena is located in which country?
12. Parts of the land that is today known as Russia was populated by various East Slavic peoples from before which century?
13. Hanno (Messana garrison commander) was one of the Carthaginian commanders of which war?
First Punic War
14. Deborah Eisenberg wrote which fiction in 2006?
Twilight of the Superheroes
15. Free African American community of Philadelphia petitions US Congress to abolish the slave trade in which year?
16. In Astronomy, what is Capricornus?
17. “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”— who said in “Gone With the Wind”?
Rhett Butler to Scarlett O’Hara
18. Where does a donkey live?
19. “All” is a what type of determiner in English grammar?
20. US Sen Thomas Pickering is 1st senator censured (revealed confidential documents communicated by the president of the US) in which year?
21. When Dwight gets the authority to choose a health plan for everyone, the power quickly goes to his head, infuriating his co-workers in which episode of season one of The Office TV show?
Health Care; Airdate: Apr 5, 2005
22. 1st US commemoratives & 1st US stamp to picture a woman issued (Queen Isabella, patron of Columbus) in which year?
23. What is Carabeef?
Water buffalo meant
24. What is Affogato?
25. British protectorates of Northern and Southern Nigeria are established in which year?
26. Rurik, the founder of the Rurik Dynasty in Russia ended his reign in which year?
27. During the reign of King John (1166–1216), who was the 1st Earl of Winchester during 1207-1219?
Saer de Quincy
28. In 1831, Liberator, an abolitionist newspaper, begins publishing in which city?
29. Johnstown Flood was experienced in which year?
30. South Australia transfers Northern Territory to the federal government in which year?
31. What is the Largest Watershed in Asia?
Ob River (3 million square kilometers/1.15 million square miles)
32. In 1890. Record 19.2 feet alligator shot in which city by American businessman Edward Avery McIlhenny?
33. Open Championship golf tournament was last held in Prestwick Golf Club venue in which year?
34. What is a strong wind from the east in Greenland?
35. 1st Curling club in the US (Orchard Lake Curling Club) was opened in which year?
36. Which Roman Emperor was awarded the victory title Carpicus Maximus (“great victor over Carpians”) in 297?
37. In 1890, who becomes 1st female White House staffer?
38. What is ‘Choy sum’?
39. How many years make the Nonagintennial anniversary?
40. In 1912, 1st running of San Francisco’s famed what footrace (7.63 miles/12.3 km); first winner Robert Vlught 44:10?
“Bay to Breakers”
41. “Order of play” term is associated with which sport?
42. In the Near East region, in the early Bronze Age, which kingdom was started in c. 2500 BC?
Kingdom of Ur
43. In 1833, the Re-establishment of British rule on which territory?
44. The Sons, a short story collection is based on whose works?
45. In which year, the Roman Lower Rhine army proclaims its commander, Vitellius, Emperor?
46. Released on March 3, 2010, what was the name of American singer Lady Gaga’s Remix album?
47. In 1885, General Wolseley receives the last distress signal from General Gordon in which city?
48. Oleg, a relative of Rurik and regent of his son, Prince Igor, in Russia was born in which year?
49. What is trapezium?
50. US Post office begins parcel post deliveries in which year?
More Interesting Articles
- 50 Fun Facts Quiz with Answers Trivia General Knowledge Test
- 50 GK Trivia Questions and Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Printable General Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 Silly General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Free General Knowledge Quiz with Answers Interesting Facts
- 50 General Trivia Quiz with Answers Easy Printable GK Test
- 50 General Knowledge Family Quiz GK Trivia Questions Answer
- 50 General Fun Trivia Questions English Printable GK Quiz
- 50 Fun Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Questions History and Answers Quiz
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Difficult General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 65 Horse Racing Quiz Questions Answers Random Trivia Horses
- 50 Family Fun General Knowledge Quizzes with Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Bee Printable Trivia in English
- 50 Weird Trivia Questions for Adults General Knowledge Quiz
- 50 GK Questions and Answers Easy English General Knowledge
- 100 Stranger Things Quiz 100 Questions General Knowledge
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 GK Questions Easy with Answers English Printable Trivia