American history quiz questions and answers interesting facts and fun information printable trivia are amazing! Of course, the land represented by the continental United States had been found before Christopher Columbus’ expeditions, maybe numerous times. Enjoy this American history quiz questions and answers interesting facts.
When Columbus landed, he discovered a New World populated by people who had most likely originated on the Asian continent. These earliest settlers most likely came 20,000 to 35,000 years ago as part of a sequence of migrations from Asia to North America across the Bering Strait. The indigenous people (often referred to as Indians) had spread over the New World by the time the first Europeans arrived. Let’s explore the American history quiz questions and answers interesting facts.
In the American history quiz questions and answers interesting facts, you will find that the kind of foods and other resources available in each physiographic area influenced the civilization that developed there. Coastal peoples relied on fish and sea mammals for the majority of their food, though the acorn was a staple for California Indians; Plains Indians relied on plant life and wild game (especially the American bison, or buffalo); and Midwestern and Eastern American Indians relied on small-game hunting and fishing (again, depending on local resources).
Share the American history quiz questions and answers interesting factsCorn (maize), a staple diet for the Indians of the Southwest, was used to augment these meals. The acquisition of these foods necessitated the use of fishing, hunting, plant and berry picking, and agricultural practices, all of which were dependent on the food supplies available in specific places.
We love to solve many more American history quiz questions and answer interesting facts. Foods and other basic commodities influenced the material culture of the various regional tribes as well. All Indians employed human carriers to move things; dogs were commonly used to pull sleds or travois; and rafts, boats, and canoes were used when water facilities were available.
The horse, which was brought to America by the Spanish in the early 16th century, was rapidly accepted by the Indians. It was particularly popular among buffalo-hunting Indians on the Great Plains. Stay tuned for more American history quiz questions and answers to interesting facts!
50 American History Fun Quiz Questions And Answers Printable
1. Which battle was the turning point of the American Revolution?
Battle of Saratoga
2. Which European language was first spoken in the United States?
3. In what year did English become the official language of America?
4. Which state boycotted the Constitutional Convention of the US?
5. What is Louisiana Purchase?
The famous Louisiana purchase included land from fifteen present U.S. states and two Canadian provinces, that covered the whole of Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Oklahoma, and Nebraska; large portions of North Dakota and South Dakota; the area of Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado east of the Continental Divide; the portion of Minnesota.
6. Which system allows each branch of the US Government to have its own powers?
Separation of Powers.
7. How much was paid to the assistant clerk of the Pennsylvania State Assembly, Jacob Shallus for drafting the constitution of the US?
He was paid $30 and given just two days
8. How many of all Americans are currently either considered to be “low income” or are living in poverty?
Approximately 48 percent
9. What is the oldest city in the US
Pensacola, Florida (1559)
10. Which is considered to be the most famous bridge in America?
The Golden Gate Bridge (San Francisco)
11. Through which State the continental divide does not pass?
12. Name the bill which became the basis American bill for rights?
English Bill of Rights.
13. What is the name of the first American Constitution?
Articles of Confederation
14. Which automobile was named after the only son of Henry Ford?
15. How many Blacks have become the President of America?
16. Which was the first zoo in America was opened?
17. Which presidents have been killed, or assassinated, all of them by gunshot?
Abraham Lincoln (1865), James A. Garfield (1881), William McKinley (1901), and John F. Kennedy (1963).
18. Who was the only unmarried president of the US?
James Buchanan (15th)
19. Who was the youngest wife of a sitting president?
Frances Clara Cleveland Preston
20. In which year the first commercial flight of America was scheduled?
21. Name the essays written by James Madison and John Jay?
The Federalist papers.
22. Which Treaty forced Britain to recognize the United States as an Independent Nation?
The Treaty of Paris of 1783
23. Who was the first President to appear on Television?
24. In 1863, which state succeeded Virginia?
25. How many houses were created with the Great Compromise?
26. Who was the longest-serving president?
William Henry Harrison
27. Who was the longest-serving president?
Franklin D. Roosevelt
28. What president married his adopted daughter?
29. Which is the second largest state of America, after Alaska
30. How many Republican presidents have been assassinated?
31. Name the President of the Confederacy during the Civil War?
32. When did New York become a state?
33. What is the real name of Uncle Sam?
34. Who was the 16th President of the United States?
35. July 4th is Independence Day of the United States. Which date did John Adam declare as the real date of Independence?
36. When did the Candy Desk tradition begin in the Senate of America?
37. The three members of Apollo 13 were _______ in the past.
38. Which State was formally (and accidentally) not admitted in the Union of the US?
39. Who was the only president to have served more than two terms?
Franklin D. Roosevelt
30. In which year Steve Rogers was born?
31. Who was the first president to be assassinated?
32. On which Peninsula of Washington is the Olympic Mountains?
33. Name the campaign against the sale or drinking of Alcohol.
The Temperance Movement.
34. Which year did the U.S. Stock Market face Black Monday?
35. Which is the largest city in the USA?
New York (New York)
36. Name the tax which was imposed on the goods in the country?
37. Which year John Lennon was murdered?
38. Name the first cash crop of America.
39. Which president died in a bathtub?
William Howard Taft
40. What is the fastest-growing US city?
Boise City, Idaho
41. How many amendments to the Constitution are there?
42. Who was the youngest president of America?
Theodore Roosevelt (42 yrs)
43. Who is the oldest president of America?
Donald Trump (70 yrs)
44. Which president was the oldest to be elected?
Ronald Reagan (73 yrs)
45. Who was president for only 32 days of America
William Henry Harrison
46. What president served 4 terms?
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
47. Where did the Molasses Disaster of 1919 occur?
48. In which cities the opening shots of the American Revolution were fired?
Lexington and Concord.
49. In which year the American Constitution was written?
50. In which year Abraham Lincoln was assassinated?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 100 Random Facts Quiz and Answers General Knowledge Trivia
- 100 Random History General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers
- 100 Random Facts Quiz with Answers Trivia General Knowledge
- 100 Weird General Knowledge Questions Answers English Trivia
- 100 Simple General Knowledge Questions with Answers Quiz
- 100 Trivia Questions for High School Students GK Online Quiz
- 100 Online General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers English
- 100 History General Knowledge Questions and Answers Quiz
- 100 World General Knowledge Quiz with Answers Trivia English
- 100 World Best GK Questions Answers Printable Quiz in English
- 100 Difficult Trivia Questions English General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 September Trivia Questions and Answers GK Fun Quiz Facts
- 100 Trivia Questions for Seniors with Answers Printable GK
- 100 of the Office Trivia Questions and Answers GK English Quiz
- 100 Great Trivia Questions Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 August Trivia Questions and Answers – August GK Fun Facts
- 100 Hard Trivia General Knowledge Questions in English for Kids
- 100 General Knowledge Trivia for Middle Schoolers in English
- 100 Easy General Knowledge Quiz with Answers GK in English
- 100 of Some General Knowledge Questions and Answers Quiz