Enjoy trivia questions for a family with answers online free general knowledge quiz test is here. Alexander traveled from Maracanda (modern Samarkand) to the Jaxartes (modern Syrdarya), the Persian empire’s frontier. He used catapults to disperse the Scythian nomads’ resistance there, and after beating them in a fight on the river’s north bank, he followed them far within. Solve trivia questions for a family with answers online free general knowledge quiz test In the meantime, Spitamenes had raised all of Sogdiana in revolt behind him, bringing in the Massagetai, a people of the Shaka confederacy, and had founded a city, Alexandria Eschate, “the farthest,” on the Jaxartes, near the present-day Leninabad (Khojent).
Alexander didn’t defeat the most tenacious foe he faced in his battles until the fall of 328. Later that year, volunteers captured the crag on which Oxyartes had his fortress, and among the captives was his daughter Roxana. Explore trivia questions for a family with answers online free general knowledge quiz test Oxyartes and the other barons had been holding out in the highlands of Paraetacene (now Tajikistan). Alexander wed her after their reconciliation, and the rest of his foes were either converted or vanquished.
The distance between Alexander and many of his Macedonians grew after an event at Maracanda. In a drunken argument, Alexander killed Cleitus, one of his most dependable commanders, but his exaggerated expression of regret caused the army to approve an edict finding Cleitus guilty of treason after his death. Find trivia questions for a family with answers online free general knowledge quiz test Alexander’s usage of Persian royal attire was an external manifestation of his developing attitude toward Eastern absolutism, which was moving toward this event. Shortly after, at Bactra, he tried to force the Persian court ritual, which involved prostration (proskynesis), on the Greeks and Macedonians as well. Share trivia questions for a family with answers online free general knowledge quiz test However, to them, this ritual, which Persians were accustomed to performing when they entered the king’s presence, implied an act of worship and was intolerable in front of a human.
Even the historian and Aristotle’s nephew Callisthenes, whose excessive adulation may have inspired Alexander to think of himself as a deity, refused to debase himself. Alexander gave up on the attempt when it failed due to Macedonian laughing. Stick to trivia questions for a family with answers online free general knowledge quiz test Shortly after, Callisthenes was accused of knowing about a plot involving the royal pages and was put to death (or is said to have died in prison; accounts differ). Outrage at this action caused Alexander to lose support among the Peripatetic school of philosophers, with which Callisthenes had close ties. Attempt rigorous solving trivia questions for a family with answers online free general knowledge quiz test!
Trivia Questions for Family with Answers Online Free
1. Which island in Oceania has an area of 3,598 square miles?
Bougainville (Papua New Guinea)
2. Which province in South Africa has a land area of 129,462 km²?
3. Which US state is home to the nation’s busiest airport?
Georgia – Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
4. What peculiar hygiene practice encourages human creativity?
5. When is the earliest example of abstract art or symbolic art from Blombos Cave, South Africa—stones?
70,000 years ago
6. Which country in South America has a total land area of 276,841 km²?
7. Which U.S. state has the highest population?
8. Which empire was at its peak with the occupation of the Earth’s maximum land surface in 750?
9. 51 Pegasi b is an exoplanet discovered in which year?
10. What names are December 26th known by in Ireland?
Saint Stephen’s Day
11. Which chemical has its atomic number 52?
12. Trischa Zorn (USA) is one of the multiple Paralympic gold medalists in which sports?
13. Active travel, in a contrast to passive movement, necessitates energy use. False or True?
14. Which pop album has sold the most copies overall?
Thriller by Michael Jackson
15. Which empire had a size of 13.7 million square kilometers?
16. Which guy arrived at the South Pole first?
17. What kind of animal is protected under the Florida Constitution?
18. How many hearts do octopuses possess?
19. The earliest evidence of dugout canoes is dated back to which period?
About 6,000 BC
20. Which American president held office for the shortest period of time?
William Henry Harrison was the only president of the United States for 32 days in 1841.
21. Who was the Australian of the Year Award recipient in 1963?
Sir John Eccles
22. What is the name of the Russian boxer Rocky battles in Rocky IV?
23. Which far-right party (1923–1942, 1946–) is one of the existing national parties in Japan, represented in the Diet in the past?
24. Which mammal stands the tallest?
25. Okunoin Cemetery (Mount Kōya) is located in which country?
26. Which chemical has its atomic number 53?
27. What is a Bottle-o, as it is known there?
a liquor store or off-license
28. In what was the patent for the fire hydrant lost?
29. When was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Symphony No. 16 composed?
30. What is the name of a famous international film festival held in Hiroshima?
Hiroshima International Animation Festival
31. What is the tennis term for a score of 0?
32. Which park in Pakistan is home to around 600 plant species, 250 bird species, 38 mammal species, and 13 species of reptiles?
Margalla Hills National Park
33. Moses received the Ten Commandments on which mountain?
34. As of Tokyo 2021, Which multiple Paralympic gold medalist from Sweden has won 30 medals?
35. What is the name of the president’s house of Marion Institute, of Marion Military Institute, Marion, Alabama?
36. Which nation is home to the most islands?
37. Which island in Oceania has an area of 43,082 square miles?
North Island (New Zealand)
38. What are the terms for a transitional period between the Last Glacial Maximum and the Neolithic Revolution in Old World (Eurasian) cultures?
“Epipaleolithic” or “Mesolithic”
39. What is the chemical symbol of Xenon?
40. Which island in the Mediterranean Sea is the largest?
41. What shade of hair did Marilyn Monroe have at birth?
42. When was the earliest known depiction of a shallow-water sailing boat made from bundled reeds from the Ubaid period of Mesopotamia?
5th millennium BC
43. Which European capital city does the saying say all roads lead to?
44. Which book opens with the phrase “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife”?
Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice.”
45. Neville Bonner received the Australian of the Year Award in which year?
46. Who is responsible for Homer Simpson’s voiceover?
47. Which planet of our solar system moves around the sun at a speed of 1574 km/h?
48. In Kansas, what can’t you eat with a cherry pie?
49. What was the birth name of Muhammad Ali?
50. What in biology is the name of an organism that can originate from a blastula during embryonic development?
More Interesting Articles
- 50 Fun with GK Quiz Questions Answers English Printable Trivia
- 50 General Knowledge English Quiz for Students Adults Teen
- 50 Good Trivia Questions General Knowledge Medium Hard
- 50 Hard GK Questions Answer in English Printable Trivia Quiz
- 50 General Knowledge Interesting Trivia Quiz Thought in English
- 50 Hard Printable General Knowledge Questions Interesting Quiz
- 50 Multiple Choice Questions and Answers for General Knowledge
- 50 Quick General Knowledge Team Quiz with Answers Family
- 50 General Knowledge Questions English Fun Printable Quiz
- 100 Amusing General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Questions Multiple Choice with Answers
- 50 Funtrivia Quiz for Friends Printable General Knowledge
- 100 History General Knowledge Questions Hard Interesting Trivia
- 50 Smart General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answer Free Test
- 50 Fun General Knowledge Trivia Questions Answer for Teens
- 50 Interesting Trivia Quiz Questions Answer General Knowledge
- 60 Famous Horse Trivia Questions Answer Quiz about Horses
- 50 Quiz for Over 50s General Knowledge Printable English Trivia
- 50 MCQ General Trivia Questions And Answers Multiple Choice
- 50 Trivia Quiz General Knowledge Fun Night Test GK Printable