History general knowledge questions paint a clear picture of how many components of society, such as technology, governmental institutions, and even society as a whole, functioned in the past, allowing us to comprehend how things came to be the way they are now.
History general knowledge questions help us to examine and comprehend how individuals and communities functioned in the past. We may, for example, judge war by looking back on prior occurrences, even while a country is at peace. history general knowledge questions give us the information we need to make laws or formulate ideas about many areas of society.
History general knowledge questions can aid in the formation of our concept of self. One of the key reasons that history is still taught in schools throughout the world is because of this. Historians have been able to learn about the formation of countries, families, and communities, as well as their evolution and development across time with history general knowledge questions.
History General Knowledge Questions Hard Interesting Trivia
1. 2 jets collided at which is airport killing 93 in December 1983?
2. Which former Russian President ended his Office on May 7, 2012?
3. A celebrity boxing match was held on 13 March 2002 between Todd Bridges and whom?
4. Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, Servant of the Two Noble Sanctuaries or Protector of the Two Holy Cities, is a what?
5. FDR creates Federal Alcohol Control Administration in which year?
6. What is an annual stand-up comedy competition for new acts, began in 1988 in the United Kingdom?
So You Think You’re Funny? (SYTYF)
7. In 1949, which 2nd British Governor of Sarawak is fatally stabbed in the streets of Sibu by Malay student Rosli Dhoby?
8. The Information Age is a historical period that began in which period of the century?
9. In 1996, which team tie the NBA record of fewest points scored since the inception of the 24-second clock losing to Cleveland Cavalier, 84-57?
10. In 1935, how many students at St Joseph’s College (Philadelphia) enroll in anticommunism classes?
11. Which awards for swimming were established in 2004 with the first awards ceremony held in November of the same year in New York City?
Golden Goggle Awards
12. In the Preliminary Round of the 2014 WPA World Nine-ball Championship held in Doha, Kuo Po-Cheng participated from which country?
13. In 2020, Gunmen storm a school in which city in Katsina state, northern Nigeria, kidnapping more than 300 students?
14. Madame Bovary is one of the best BBC Period Dramas of all time released in which year?
15. In 1941, the Nazi ordinance places Jews of which country outside the protection of courts?
16. Jews are expelled from Portugal by order of which king in 1496?
King Manuel I
17. In 1949 who tied the NFL record of a 97-yard touchdown run?
18. In the NFL Draft 1962, who from the University of Syracuse was first picked by the Washington Redskins?
19. First same-sex civil union registered in which country after a two-year legal battle by activists in 2020?
20. In 1933, Jack Kirkland’s which play was premiered in NYC, became the longest-running play of its time?
21. Stanley’s expedition reached which plateau in Congo in 1887?
22. In 1948, which musical was closed at Ziegfeld Theater, NYC, after 48 performances?
23. Which German player went to nine major international tournaments, captaining the 1990 World Cup-winning team?
24. Fire at Brooklyn Theater kills 295, trampled or burned to death in which year?
25. Who succeeded Franz von Papen as Reich Chancellor of Germany in 1932?
Kurt von Schleicher
26. Earthquake strikes which city, causing about 35,000 to die in 1456?
27. Historic Qamus castle is located in which country?
28. Who destroyed Rhine dikes, Betuwe flooded in December 1944?
29. The female contraceptive ‘pill’ becomes available on the National Health Service in which country in 1961
30. In the first CFL Grey Cup, Varsity Stadium, Toronto in 1920, U of Toronto Blues win 4th title; beat which team by 16-3?
31. Maria Pavlovna was a grand duchess of which country?
32. Superheated gasses roll down which mountain in the Philippines, killing 500 people in 1951?
33. Bishop Jona of which city was chosen as Metropolitan of Kyiv/Intoxication in 1448?
34. “Diary of Anne Frank” opened at which theatre in NYC in 1997?
Music Box Theater
35. Pittsburgh Pirates’ future Baseball Hall of Fame outfielder Paul Waner wins NL MVP in which year?
36. Fortiter et Recte (Latin: “Strongly and rightly”) — who used the Magical motto?
37. In 1943, Yugoslavian resistance formed a provisionary government under whom?
38. Who was Pistus of Athens in the Roman period?
39. Who is the Miss Nepal titleholder in 1994?
40. Which exposition was closed in San Francisco in 1915?
Panama-Pacific International Exposition
41. In 1890, Berlioz’s opera “Les Troyens” was premiered in which city in Germany?
42. Who was appointed President of Azad Kashmir Government in 1951?
Mir Waiz Maulvi Muhammad Yusouf
43. In 1961, who became the 104th member of the UN?
44. In 1892, which Anti-semite was elected to Germany’s Reichstag?
45. In CFL Grey Cup in 1926, Ottawa Senators retain Championship with 10-7 wins over which team?
U of Toronto Blues
46. In 1905, who became the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom?
Henry Campbell-Bannermam (Lib)
47. In 1943, who announced any baseball club may sign Negroes?
48. Emir Edigu of Golden Horde reaches in which city in 1408?
49. In 1876, who patented the 1st practical pipe wrench?
Daniel Stillson (Mass)
50. In 1915, who received a charter from Fulton County, Georgia?
Ku Klux Klan
51. NBA suspends which former Golden State Warriors guard for 1 year for attacking coach P.J. Carlesimo in 1997?
52. Which musical was opened at 46th St Theater NYC for 561 performances in 1966?
“I Do! I Do!”
53. Born in 1917, who was a Zen Buddhist Rōshi and anti-war activist, anti-nuclear testing activist, and proponent of deep ecology?
Robert Baker Aitken
54. The Industrial Workers of the World (IWW), members of which are commonly termed “Wobblies”, is an international labor union that was founded in which city in 1905?
55. WEAF radio begins broadcasting Eveready Hour (variety show) from December, which year?
56. In which year, the Battle of Coffeeville, MS took place?
57. In 1943, the 2nd conference of Cairo, FDR, between Winston Churchill and whom?
Ismet Inönü, Turkish President
58. In 1961, Smallest NY Knick, 49th St Madison Square Garden crowd-1,300 due to what?
59. Pope Boniface VIII’s decree Ausculta fili (only nominee) in which year?
60. In 1915, who was the first US admiral to receive the Congressional Medal of Honor?
Frank Friday Fletcher
61. Which ship was discovered mysteriously abandoned by her crew in the Atlantic Ocean in December 1872?
62. Dahomey (Benin), Ivory Coast become autonomous within French Community in which year?
63. Knights of Labor, officially Noble and Holy Order of the Knights of Labor, was an American labor federation active in which time?
Late 19th century, especially the 1880s
64. Which team ends US 2-year run with emphatic 11-3 win; MVP: Jayson Shaw (Scotland) in the Mosconi Cup nine-ball pool, Coventry, England, 2020?
65. Who became the first woman legation sect-US foreign service in 1922?
66. In 1957, 2 commuter trains collide in heavy fog killing 92 at what city in England?
67. What happened with Ramon Berenguer II, Count of Barcelona in 1082?
68. Holocaust in December 1942, In Warsaw, Zofia Kossak-Szczucka and Wanda Filipowicz set up which organization
69. In 1854, Aaron Allen of Boston patented what?
Folding theater chair
70. In 1914 who accepted money from Federal League Chicago Whales; Clark Griffith threatens to take Johnson to court?
71. Rolling Stones release “Beggar’s Banquet” LP in which year?
72. In December 1957, the First edition of which event was published?
“Chase’s Annual Events”
73. In 1961 which museum hangs Matisse’s Le Bateau upside down for 47 days?
Museum of Modern Art
74. The 1st automatic telephone switching system was patented in which year?
75. American Professional Football Association Championship, Cubs Park, Chicago in 1921, Chicago Staleys beat which team by 10-7?
76. In the CFL Grey Cup, Varsity Stadium, Toronto, 1914: which team won the first Championship; beat U of Toronto Blues, 14-2?
77. Who becomes the sole King of the Franks after the death of his brother Carloman in 771?
78. US bombers strike mainland of which country for first time in WW II in December 1942?
79. The 1st American bicycle college opens in New York in which year?
80. “Club de Hockey Canadien” the Oldest still-operating NHL franchise officially established in 1909 is known as what today?
81. The 47th Congress (1881-83) was convened in which year?
82. In 1956, which American diver wins the 3m springboard gold medal at the Melbourne Olympics with 142.46 points?
83. New Zealand cricket captain Kane Williamson smashes 251 to set up the home side’s innings & 134 runs win over the West Indies in the 1st Test in which venue in 2020?
84. In 1847, who was appointed to fill the vacant US Senate seat for Mississippi?
85. 1st Pro football playoff game was held in which year, between Buffalo-7, Canton-3 at Polo Grounds, NYC?
86. In 1956, which Australian swimmer set a world record 4:27.3 to claim the 400m gold medal at the Melbourne Olympics?
87. Fourth Council of Toledo, OH takes place in which year?
88. In 1942, FDR orders the dismantling of which administration?
Works Progress Administration
89. In 1912, The Triple Alliance among which countries (originally signed in 1882) were renewed for six years, beginning in 1914, a move inspired by instability in the Balkans?
Italy, Austria, and Germany
90. In the 1st CFL Grey Cup, Rosedale Field, Toronto in 1909, University of Toronto Blues beat which team by, 26-6; Blues undefeated?
Toronto Parkdale Canoe Club
91. Chincha Islands War: Peru allies with Chile against which country in 1865?
92. Who won the 11th Heisman Trophy Award in 1945?
Doc Blanchard, Army (FB)
93. North American migratory birds getting smaller, their wings wider due to climate change according to a study by which university published in the journal “Ecology Letters” in 2019?
University of Michigan
94. In 1914, which Parliament proclaimed the neutrality of the country?
95. The Virginia Rappe manslaughter trial against whom ended in a hung jury in 1921?
Roscoe ‘Fatty’ Arbuckle
96. Who won the 22nd Heisman Trophy Award in 1956?
Paul Hornung, Notre Dame (QB)
97. In 1908, the 1st US football uniform numerals were used by which team?
University of Pittsburgh
98. In 1942, the first US citizenship was granted to which alien on foreign soil?
99. In 1846, which scientist obtained a patent for cellulose nitrate explosive?
C F Schoenbein
100. In 1908, The world’s ten leading maritime nations attend a Naval Conference in which city, agreed on rules for the blockade, convoys, and seizure of contraband?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 100 GK Questions in English for Class 6 General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Easy Trivia Questions for Adults General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Random Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz
- 100 Easy Trivia Questions with Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Random Trivia Questions and Answers GK Quiz Printable
- 100 Common Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers GK Free
- 100 Random Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers GK Printable
- 100 Random Knowledge Quiz Questions GK – Easy or Hard?
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers Printable
- 100 Free Online General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Most Difficult General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 Random General Knowledge Questions with Answers Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Teenagers
- 100 Easy GK Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Tricky General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 100 Quiz Questions And Answers General Knowledge Easy GK
- 100 GK Questions for Class 7th with Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions for Adults with Answers
- 100 Tough General Knowledge Questions and Answers GK Trivia
- 100 Family General Knowledge Questions and Answers GK Quiz