Printable TV commercial trivia questions and answers are interesting. On January 1, 1954, the US had its first nationwide color broadcast (the Tournament of Roses Parade). The majority of network broadcasts and almost all local programming remained in black and white during the course of the next 10 years. In the fall of 1965, a color transition was announced, during which time more than half of all network prime-time programs would be broadcast in color. Just one year later, the first all-color prime-time season was shown. The first season of a colorful network was the consequence of the conversion to the color of the final midday network show in 1972.
Because there are so many different styles and genres that may be offered, television shows are more diverse than the majority of other kinds of media. A program might either be non-fictional or fictitious (such as comedies and tragedies) (as in documentaries, news, and reality television). Explore printable TV commercial trivia questions and answers. It could be historical or topical (as in certain made-for-television movies and local newscasts) (as in the case of many documentaries and fictional series). They could be primarily amusing, as in situation comedies and game shows, or instructive or informative.
Usually, an acting cast portrays characters in a historical or modern context for a theatre presentation. Their lives and experiences are followed on the program. Prior to the 1980s, most television programs lacked story arcs and remained static, with the primary characters and plot rarely changing (with the exception of soap opera-style serials). Bookmark printable TV commercial trivia questions and answers. If a character’s life changed throughout the episode, it was often reversed at the conclusion. The episodes might therefore be telecast in any sequence. Since the 1980s, a number of series have gradually changed the storyline, the characters, or both. For example, Hill Street Blues and St. Elsewhere were two of the first US prime-time drama television series to have this type of dramatic structure, and Babylon 5 is another example of this type of structure because it had a predetermined plot that ran over its intended five-season run.
According to a 2012 study, television was surpassing cinema as the revenue source for big media organizations. Some people have also remarked on the improvement in some television shows’ quality. Enjoy printable TV commercial trivia questions and answers. When discussing ambiguity and complexity of character and story in 2012, Academy Award-winning filmmaker Steven Soderbergh said: “I think those traits are now being shown on television and that people who want to see tales that have those types of qualities are watching television.”
The concept, the characters, the crew, and the cast are all developed when a person or business decides to produce fresh material for television broadcasts. Then, they frequently “pitch” it to several networks in an effort to find one that will be intrigued enough to order a pilot, which is the prototype first episode of the series. Share printable TV commercial trivia questions and answers. Disney executive Eric Coleman said during an interview, “One myth is that it’s incredibly challenging to come in and pitch your show, but in reality, network development execs are eager to hear ideas. They are quite eager to spread the word about the kinds of presentations they are seeking.”
Printable TV Trivia Questions and Answers
1. In 1981, what show became the lowest-rated series ever renewed for a second season?
Hill Street Blues
2. Which British TV show recorded the largest audience for a single episode with over 30 million viewers?
Eastenders (on Christmas Day 1986)
3. Where is Strictly Come Dancing filmed?
4. Who was the youngest person to host Saturday Night Live?
5. In what year did the long-running children’s program Blue Peter first broadcast in the UK?
6. Who played Rodney Trotter in Only Fools and Horses?
7. Which actor portrayed Inspector Morse?
8. What did Samantha confess to Darrin in the pilot episode of Bewitched?
she is a witch
9. Who played Grandma Squarepants on the animated TV show Spongebob Squarepants?
10. Whose wedding holds the record for the highest-rated soap opera episode in American daytime television history?
Luke and Laura’s wedding
11. Name the creators of Stranger Things
The Duffer Brothers
12. What’s the pub called in Channel soap Hollyoaks?
The Dog in the Pond
13. Who became the first female presenter of Question Time in 2019?
14. What is Gomer Pyle’s catchphrase on The Andy Griffith Show and Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.?
“Shazam!”, “Gawwww-leeeee”, and “Sur-prise, sur-prise, sur-prise!”
15. What TV game show featured the dreaded “Whammies”?
Press Your Luck
16. For what is Nancy Cartwright best known?
Being the voice of Bart Simpson in the Simpsons
17. What is the name of Rene’s wife in ‘Allo ‘Allo?
18. Which future musical superstar once appeared as one of Rudy’s friends on The Cosby Show?
19. Who does the voiceover on Love Island?
20. Which character stays behind in Korea in the series finale of M*A*S*H?
21. Who plays Eleven in Stranger Things?
Millie Bobby Brown
22. In the Gilligan’s Island theme song, which two characters were originally referred to as “and the rest”?
the Professor and Mary Ann
23. Who co-created the hit US sitcom Seinfeld with Jerry Seinfeld?
24. Friends ended in May 2004 after how many seasons?
25. What was Floyd Lawson’s occupation on The Andy Griffith Show?
26. What colors is the Brady Bunch kitchen?
orange laminate countertops and avocado green appliances
27. What is the main pub called in Peaky Blinders where the Shelbys meet?
The Garrison Tavern
28. Long-running ITV police drama The Bill was set in which fictional suburb?
29. What was the name of the inn owned by Dick Louden on Newhart?
30. Who played Alf Garnett in Till Death Us Do Part?
31. Who was the only regular cast member of the TV show “M*A*S*H” to actually serve in the Army in Korea?
32. Name the comedy duo who starred in the anarchic hit Bottom
Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson
33. Who played Queen Elizabeth II in the first two seasons of The Crown?
34. What position did Sam Malone play for the Boston Red Sox before buying the bar on Cheers?
35. Which TV show features Miranda Hobbes and Samantha Jones?
Sex and the City
36. How does Charlie Harper die in Two and a Half Men?
a piano that is being transported by helicopter falls from the sky
37. What was the name of the 1981 Brady Bunch spin-off series?
The Brady Brides
38. In which city do Ross and Rachel get married in Friends?
Las Vegas (end of season 5)
39. Which UK show is the world’s longest news and current affairs TV program?
Panorama (1953 to present day)
40. In MacGyver what foundation did the title character work for?
41. Who played Chandler’s father on Friends?
42. The following have all presented which TV show? Bruce Forsyth, Larry Grayson, Jim Davidson, and Mel & Sue (Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins)
The Generation Game
43. In which fictional town is Netflix show Stranger Things primarily set?
46. What is the capital of Westeros in Game of Thrones?
47. What is the name of the prison in the popular BBC sitcom Porridge starring Ronnie Barker?
48. In Bewitched, what part of her body does Samantha twitch to practice magic?
49. What was the name of Michael Knight’s car on Knight Rider?
KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand)
50. Which actor played Perry Mason in the popular 1950s & 1960s show “Perry Mason”?
51. What was the name of Norm’s wife on Cheers?
52. Who was the actress who played Samantha in the 1960s show “Bewitched”?
53. What were the names of the two government agents played by David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in the 1993-2002 series X-Files?
Fox Mulder and Dana Scully
54. Which weekly television series on NBC was the first to air completely in color in 1959?
55. During what year in the 2000s did television writers strike for nearly three months while demanding a percentage of internet content revenue?
56. Every episode of Seinfeld contains an image or reference to what superhero?
57. What was Tony Nelson’s job in I Dream of Jeannie?
58. Who presents Dragons’ Den?
59. What was the name of the android on Star Trek: The Next Generation?
Lieutenant Commander Data
60. In 1995, more than 22 million people tuned in to a special BBC Panorama interview with Princess Diana. Which journalist conducted the interview?
61. What TV series showed the first interracial kiss on American network television?
62. The Adventures of Robin Hood is a British television series comprising 143 episodes released the year
63. What color is Thunderbird 2 piloted by Virgil Tracy in Thunderbirds?
64. What was the name of Data’s daughter on Star Trek: The Next Generation?
65. What was the first full program to be shown on Channel 4 on the afternoon of its launch in 1982?
66. Who presented the TV quiz Blockbusters between 1983 and 1995?
67. Which member of The Beatles narrated the first series of Thomas the Tank Engine on TV?
68. What is the genre of the American TV show The Addams Family (1964–1966)?
69. What is the phrase on the UFO poster in Fox Mulder’s office in X-Files?
I Want to Believe
70. In Dark Shadows, what was the name of the spooky mansion where most of the action took place?
71. Which entertainment show featured the phrase, ‘Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be…’?
Stars In Their Eyes
72. What was the name of Rosco P. Coltrane’s dog on The Dukes of Hazzard?
73. Which US comedy actress created the Netflix show, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt?
74. What television series was the first to air the sound of a toilet being flushed?
All in the Family
75. The popular 1970s television series Laverne & Shirley took place in which American city?
76. What were the names of the four main characters in the TV series “Golden Girls” that ran from 1985-1992?
Dorothy, Rose, Blanche, and Sophia
77. In Wizards of Waverly Place, Alex’s boyfriend is what sort of mythological creature?
78. Which popular science fiction franchise aired its first episode in 1966?
79. What color was Jeannie’s harem costume in I Dream of Jeannie?
80. The popular 1990s TV show “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” featured which superstar actor and rapper at the beginning of his career?
81. HBO’s Game of Thrones is based on a series of novels by what author?
George R. R. Martin
82. What late-night comedy sketch show first aired in 1975?
Saturday Night Live
83. Which Cold Feet character died in a shock car crash?
84. Name Casualty’s longest-serving character.
85. In what TV show did Sheriff Andy Taylor first appear?
The Danny Thomas Show
86. What is the name of Miranda Hart’s best friend in her hit sitcom?
87. Which singing competition was the first to feature Simon Cowell as a judge?
88. Why was Adventures of Superman canceled?
two stars of Adventures of Superman were found dead
89. Which of these actors has not appeared in The Vicar of Dibley: Emilia Fox, Keeley Hawes, Peter Capaldi
90. In the TV show Hustle, who played the lead character Mickey “Bricks” Stone?
91. Cop drama Life on Mars is named after a song by which musician?
92. What sort of business did George Jefferson own on The Jeffersons?
93. What television comedy depicts the lives of employees of the fictional Dunder Mifflin Paper Company?
94. In the sci-fi series Black Mirror, which song regularly appears in different stories?
Anyone Who Knows What Love Is (Will Understand) by Irma Thomas
95. Ant and Dec first worked together on which children’s TV drama?
96. Amy Poehler, Rob Lowe, and Chris Pratt worked together on which US comedy series?
Parks and Recreation
97. Which girl group performed during the opening minutes of Channel 5’s launch in 1997 in the UK?
The Spice Girls
98. What Disney Channel series launched Miley Cyrus to fame?
99. In what year did Coronation Street first air on ITV?
100. How many episodes of Game of Thrones are there?
101. What is the name of the opening number from the 2016 musical La La Land?
Another Day of Sun
More Interesting Quizzes
- 70 Fun Horse Quizzes Questions Answer Horse Random Trivia
- 50 Interesting Facts General Knowledge Fun Quiz with Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Questions Easy Printable Trivia Quiz
- 100 Top History Questions and Answers Fun General Knowledge
- 50 Fun Trivia Questions with Multiple Choice Answers MCQ
- 50 Random General Knowledge Printable Fun Quiz Questions
- 50 GK Multiple Choice Questions with Answers Hard MCQ Quiz
- 50 World General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- GK Simple Questions and Answers Trivia Quiz Printable Fun
- 100 General Knowledge Questions and Answers about History
- 50 Medium General Knowledge Trivia Quiz Questions GK for Fun
- Top 50 GK Question with Answer Fun Printable Trivia Quiz Free
- 50 Trivia Questions with Multiple Choice Answers MCQ Quiz GK!
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Easy Medium Hard Printable Trivia
- 50 GK Questions and Answers Free Printable Quiz in English
- 50 Quiz Questions General Knowledge Fun Trivia for Over 60s
- 50 Random Facts General Knowledge Quiz Questions Printable
- 55 Horse Racing Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers Printable
- 50 Fun Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge Multiple Choice
- 100 History General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
Leave a Reply