History speaks not only about the past but also about the entire journey of civilizations. Random history trivia is picked up from all ages of history. If you are a fan of knowing the past, how human civilization come up to present as well as what is the trend of the future, this is the right place to divulge facts from random history trivia.
Random history trivia can be discussed with your friends as well as can be handy to prepare yourself for the competition or exam.
Let’s solve this Random History Trivia!
1. What is history's shortest war?
2. Which country has the record of Seven of the ten deadliest wars in human history?
3. What percentage of history has been believed to lost over time?
4. What is the name of meditation the Buddhist monks in northern Japan practiced, in which they would mummify themselves alive by slowly weaning themselves off food and water before eventually starving to death?
5. DUring which century, dentures were commonly made with teeth pulled from the mouths of dead soldiers?
6. Who once electrocuted a circus elephant to death on Coney Island?
7. What was the name of the novella written by Morgan Robertson fourteen years before the Titanic sank, about the imaginary large unsinkable ship "Titan" hitting an iceberg in the Northern Atlantic?
8. During which century in the United States, it was considered a cruel and unusual punishment to feed lobster to prisoners and convicts
9. What was the name of the community in China alone had twice as many deaths as World War 1?
10. Between 1900 and 1920, what was an Olympic event?
11. During which time, it was believed that sperm produced from the left testicle produced girls. To ensure having a son, men would have it removed?
12. What re the name of US presidents who died hours apart on the same day, July 4, 1826, the 50th anniversary of American independence?
13. During World War II, a Pennsylvania dentist convinced President Roosevelt to bomb Japan with timed explosives attached to _________, which was eventually foiled
14. Who was the tallest married couple ever recorded, who also gave birth to a 22-pound baby?
15. Who was the smallest Major League Baseball player of all time with 3'7" hight?
16. Which President served the shortest term in U.S. history. He died of a cold just two months into his presidency?
17. What was the outcome of the incident, when in 1945, a balloon bomb launched by Japan landed in Oregon, where a woman and five children died when it explored?
18. In which year, researchers at Princeton University turned a living cat into a telephone?
19. The name "Nazi" was taken from pre-existing slang for a backward peasant.
20. Instead of saying 'cheese,' what did the Victorians said when their picture was about to be taken?
21. The Civil War began on the farm of ___________, who then moved more than a hundred miles away to escape the fighting, only to have the war end inside his new house at Appomattox
23. What was the name of history's longest war, likely lasted for 335 years with zero casualties?
24. Urine contains ammonia, which is one of the best natural cleaning agents on the planet, inspired Greeks to use urine as mouthwash
25. What grade did the 17-year-old Robert Heft get in the school project when he designed the current 50 star U.S. flag as the school project?
26. A passenger who lived through the traumatic fire and sinking of a ship in 1871 faced his fears and boarded the Titanic in 1912. He sank with the ship.
27. In 1838, who wrote "The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket", a book about four crewmen on a whaling ship who ended up stranded?
28. People were buried alive so often in the 19th century that a safety coffin was invented so the "dead" would have the ability to alert those above ground if they were still alive
27. Who kept a pet bear in his dorm room while studying at Cambridge University?
28. During which war soldiers on both sides were offered bounties upon enlistment, causing some men to enlist and escape again and again in order to collect multiple bounties. One man collected 32 before he was finally caught?
29. What was the first major World Expo registered under the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) after World War II?
30. How many cities Alexander the Great named after himself?
31. Who was the first member of her dynasty to speak Ancient Egyptian?
32. Before who invaded Britain, many Romans didn’t believe he existed?
33. Which disster was exposed to so much radiation that it changed one fire fighter's eye color?
34. What was originally designed to be used as one big, communal napkin?
35. What were the most popular pets in the Roman Empire?
36. During the Soviet-era rule of the late 20th century, simply mentioning whose name was a crime against the USSR?
37. Why was the guillotine was invented?
38. America’s National School Lunch Program of 1946 was due to which event of history?
39. In Ancient Greece, they believed redheads became vampires after death.
40. Who had a Doctor’s note to drink an “indefinite” amount of alcohol in Prohibition America?
41. Who helped design the Volkswagen Beetle?
42. Which pilot in the plane to drop the first nuclear bomb on Hiroshima, who, being close to death in his old age, decided he didn’t want a funeral or a headstone as he worried it would become a place for protesting nuclear armament?
43. People of which Ancient civilization used slabs of stone as pillows?
44. The first known artworks date back to roughly 100,000 years ago found in which country?
45. In which century in England, pineapples were a status symbol?
46. In medieval England, what was the word “ask” pronounced?
47. In 1710, Native American leaders traveled to Britain to visit which Queen?
48. In which year the 7.62mm rifle bullet, the ammunition AK47 assault rifles use, was created?
49. What was the hamburgers called during World War II by Americans?
50. Spanning between 1651 – 1986, which war was a by-product of the English Civil War and the decision of the Dutch to side with the Parliamentarians over the Royalists?
51. Who originated the “yo momma” joke?
52. Why did Hollywood move from New York to Los Angeles?
53. The first official Medals of Honor were awarded during which war?
54. Who invented the the wheeled office chair of Charles Darwin?
55. Who was William Patrick Stuart-Houston, fought against the Nazis in World War II?
56. Who was the fastest surgeon who ever ended up causing a 300% mortality rate, as before anesthesia, speed was essential when performing surgery to minimize pain to the patient?
57. What is still the largest capacity sports arena ever built?
58. World’s largest capacity stadium Rungrado May Day Stadium in North Korea, can hold roughly 114,000 people, was opened in which year?
59. There were “dance marathons” during which event of history?
60. Russia ran out of which thing celebrating the end of World War II?
61. A total of around 19 million men in the world are direct descendants of whom?
62. During WWII, the British & Soviets launched a joint invasion of neutral Iran.
62. For 12 years during the French Revolutionary Period, which country had a whole new calendar?
63. Who is reported to kill over 650 young women and regularly bathed in the blood of virgins to preserve her youthful looks?
64. Despite destroying over 13,500 houses and displacing 80,000 people, which accident of history only claimed the lives of 6 unlucky Londoners?
65. The World War II army of of which country is the biggest army in history?
66. Which famous university is older than the Aztec Empire?
67. In which era, specially-made mugs, pragmatically called “mustache cups”, had guards on them which prevented a man’s mustache from dipping into their warm cup of tea?
68. Which Dynasty is the earliest ever lottery that came into being between 205 – 187 BC?
69. Which Roman is considered as a pretty nasty emperor and was assassinated after four years at the age of 18?
70. Ancient Sparta, during its Classical Age, was an immensely wealthy country because of what reason?
71. Who owned most of the land and wealth in Sparta?
72. Which empire is said to have originated with the founding of the city of Tenochtitlán at Lake Texcoco by the Mexica which occurred in the year 1325?
73. Which was a popular sport in Europe’s aristocracy during the 17th and 18th century, that would involve a person – or a couple – throwing a fox as far and as high as they could?
74. People of which civilization believed turkeys were the vessels of the Gods, and honored them with worship?
75. Despite being a Tengrist, who often consulted with Buddhist monks, Muslims, Christian missionaries, and Taoist monks.
76. Thomas Edison didn’t invent most of the stuff he patented.
77. Who turned down the presidency of Israel.
78. When did The Leaning Tower of Pisa, the freestanding bell tower was constructed in the 12th century, leaned?
79. Because of which event of history, People used flour bags, potato sacks, anything made out of burlap really, and food distributors started to make their sacks more colorful to help people remain a little bit fashionable?
80. What is Althing?
81. Since the end of WWI, how many people have died from leftover unexploded bombs?
82. Which is considered the longest year in human history?
83. 100 million years ago, which place was inhabited by galloping crocodiles?
84. During which period, it was normal to photograph relatives after they died?
85. What sport the nation to win the most medals in this was Britain with 5 (2 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze), then the USA with 3 (1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze), while Sweden had one gold medal, France and the Netherlands had one silver medal, and Belgium won a bronze medal?
86. The term “saved by the bell” does not originate from people being buried alive.
87. During which Triumph, soldiers sang lewd songs about their commander to amuse the crowds.
88. Germany uncovers 2,000 tons of unexploded bombs every year which was dripped during
89. In Ancient Greece, who used to wear skirts?
90. Hitler, Churchill, Stalin, and Roosevelt were the masterminds of which historic event?
91. A singing birthday card has more computer chip power in it than the entire Allied Army of WWII.
92. In 1386, a pig was executed in France for what reason?
93. During what time Cleopatra reigned, that was roughly 2,500 years after the Great Pyramid of Giza's built (between roughly 2580 BC – 2560 BC), and roughly 2,000 years before the first lunar landings in 1969?
94. Who invented Shrapnel?
95. During which time, all British tanks are equipped with tea-making facilities?
96. During which time of history, the French built a “fake Paris”?
97. What was the name of The Eastern Roman Empire’s weapon used in ship-mounted flamethrowers?
98. Hand-written Voynich Manuscript has been carbon-dated to roughly with period?
99. During a sea battle in Pacific Ocean during December 1940, two Royal Navy ships, the HMS Prince of Wales, and the HMS Repulse were sunk by which side?
100. 4% of the Normandy beaches are made up of what?
101. The saying “fly off the handle” originates from which time?
Other Recommended Quizzes
- 100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 Kid Trivia Questions And Answers Funny
- 100 Out of the Box Trivia Questions for Adults
- 100 True or False Trivia Questions People Confuse
- 100 Geography Quiz for Kids for any Competition
- 200 Fun Quiz Questions Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Competitive True or False Questions for Kids
- 200 Common General Knowledge Questions Answers
- 200 general knowledge test questions and answers
- 100 Geography Questions for 5th Graders
- 50 Geography Quiz Questions for Challenge Takers
random history questions
world history trivia questions
history trivia questions for kids
history trivia for kids
easy world history trivia questions and answers
ancient history trivia
hard history trivia
random history quiz
random history questions and answers
history quiz for kids
American history trivia for kids
history questions and answers for kids
easy history questions for kids
history quiz questions for kids
ancient rome trivia
ancient greece trivia
ancient greece quiz questions and answers
ancient roman history quiz
ancient greek history quiz
ancient history trivia questions
ancient greece trivia questions
ancient civilizations trivia
history trivia questions for seniors
history general knowledge
general history quiz
history general knowledge questions and answers
history general knowledge quiz
general knowledge about world history
history general knowledge questions
history gk questions
quiz questions on indian history
history general knowledge questions and answers in english
afcat general awareness history
general history questions and answers
general world history quiz
ssc je general awareness history
quiz about indian history
history general knowledge quiz with answers
history gk quiz
general history knowledge quiz
general history knowledge
general history quiz questions and answers
world history gk
general knowledge questions about history
general knowledge questions on indian history
general knowledge history questions in marathi
modern history gk
history general knowledge quiz questions and answers
historical general knowledge
history related gk questions
history gk questions in english
general awareness history
gk questions for history
gk questions about indian history
general knowledge questions related to history
gk series history
world history general knowledge questions and answers
gk on history and geography
world history gk questions
gk questions on mughal empire
gk questions related to indian history
ancient history gk questions
history question gk
gk in history in english
ancient history gk
nda general knowledge history
gk questions from history
gk question about indian history
itihas general knowledge
history ka gk
mughal empire gk questions
history ke gk question
history gk questions in kannada
history gk for competitive exam
history general awareness
gk questions of history in english
gk quiz history
history gk questions in marathi
gk questions on world history
history gk in english
bengali history gk
history gk in bengali
history gk in kannada
general knowledge itihas
raj history gk question
odia history gk
history gk in marathi
gk history bengali
gk history in bengali
gk quiz on history
gk ancient history
all history gk
itihas ke gk question
gk questions related to history
history ka gk question
elementary knowledge of indian history and indian geography
questions related to indian history
history gk bengali
history of gk question
itihas gk question
gk related to history
gk history in english
history gk questions for ssc exam
gk on modern history