Horse racing trivia quiz questions and answers are evergreen and knowledgeable. You can get precise information about horse racing as well as many other are of horse riding from such quizzes. A horse is our intimate companion, they also have feelings, emotion, intelligence, and purpose of life.
Horse racing trivia quiz questions and answers will open up windows of learning and wisdom about horses, and you can easily heighten your level of understanding about horses to discuss with others like horse racing trivia quiz questions and answers. While many people are familiar with the Morgan horse breed, which was one of the first to be produced in the United States, much fewer are familiar with Figure, the much-loved horse who started the lineage.
The figure was a little bay horse, standing about 14 hands tall. Despite his little stature, he was powerful, quick, and moved with grace. He was handed to Justin Morgan, a music instructor, and composer when he was three years old as payment for a debt Morgan owed with horse racing trivia quiz questions and answers.
While under Morgan’s care, Figure garnered notoriety for his workhorse talents and racehorse speed in the horse racing trivia quiz questions and answers. The figure became renowned as the Justin Morgan horse after defeating two New York racehorses in a sweepstakes event in 1796.
Horse Racing Trivia Quiz Questions And Answers Printable
Here are 55 fresh horse racing trivia quiz questions and answers for the learners who love entertainment and fun
1. What was the name of the horse that won the 2017 W.S. Cox Plate is an Australian Group One (G1) with Weight for Age Thoroughbred horse race?
2. Carl Bonde, who won the gold medal in the 1912 Stockholm Olympics under Dressage, individual category, is from which country?
3. Appaloosa Pony breed was originated in which country?
4. What is the third most Popular Horse Breed, after American Quarter Horse, and Arabian?
5. Which country breeds the most horses after the United States of America?
6. What was the name of the Grade II race with 6+1⁄2 furlongs distance held on 1 January 2021 on the Santa Anita Park racetrack, California?
Joe Hernandez Stakes
7. Byelorussian Harness Horse breed was originated from which country?
8. The level of horseraces for Thoroughbred racing in Europe is fixed by applying the Pattern race system introduced in which year?
9. The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) was founded in which year?
10. Which horse is the winner of the 2000 Guineas Stakes 2021 British flat 1m distance horse race took place in the Newmarket racecourse?
11. Irish Sporthorse was originated from which country?
12. Which famous, historic Derby racing has this location: Churchill Downs; Louisville?
The Kentucky Derby
13. Chara horse breed was originated from which country?
14. Which horse breed has its common name Basque Mountain Horse?
Caballo de Monte del País Vasco
15. Who was the Duke of Magenta?
During the nineteenth century, this horse was one of the most successful racehorses in the United States
16. Caballo de las Retuertas horse breed was originated from which region?
Iberian peninsula (Portugal and Spain)
17. Which horse is the Hall of Fame champion that set the record for the fastest mile run on dirt by a three-year-old Thoroughbred in 1:32.2; finished second in the
18. What was the name of the great horse that won the Kentucky Derby in 1878?
19. What was the name of the Grade III race with a $100,000 purse held on 9 January 2021 on the Gulfstream Park racetrack?
Tropical Turf Stakes
20. The majority of roans are a mix of the bay, chestnut, or black with white hairs — true or false?
21. What do you understand by the term “sire” for a horse?
22. What was the name of the gifted horse from General Robert E. Lee to James Longstreet during the American Civil War in 1864
23. Cumberland Island feral horse breed was originated in which state in the USA?
24. What was the name of the fastest Brazilian horse to win the Brazilian Cup in 1986, 1989, and 1990 respectively?
25. Lusitano horse breed was originated from which country?
26. Charysh horse breed was originated from which country?
27. What was the name of the great horse that won the Travers Stakes in 1890?
28. Mother Earth horse is the winner of which 2021 British flat 1m distance horse race took place in Newmarket racecourse?
1000 Guineas Stakes
29. What was the name of the great horse that won the Preakness Stakes in 1919?
30. What was the name of the Grade III race for the age 4&up held on 16 January 2021 on the Fair Grounds racetrack?
31. What is the name of the $358,000 skates’ Australian Group race in the racecourse Gold Coast, that did not take place because of the COVID 19 pandemic?
A D Hollindale Stakes
32. What filly was the first to win the Martha Washington Stakes by a whopping 1312 lengths?
33. Budyonny horse breed was originated from which country?
34. What links Pyledriver, Palace Pier, Mother Earth, Snowfall, and Poetic Flare?
Winner horses in different British flat horse races in 2021
35. Morocco Spotted horse breed was originated from which continent?
36. What was the name of the horse ridden by Daniel Sickles during the American Civil War?
Grand Old Canister
37. Which horse breed has its nickname the “Golden Horse”?
38. Gran Premio Hipódromo Chile is a popular group horse race in which continent?
39. The Thoroughbred breed forbids artificial insemination, cloning, and embryo transfer — true or false?
40. Asturcón horse breed was originated from which region?
Iberian peninsula (Portugal and Spain)
41. National Spotted Saddle Horse was originated from which country?
42. Grande Prêmio Bento Gonçalves is a popular South American Group race that takes place in which country?
43. Horse related movie “All Roads Lead Home” was released in which year?
44. Miniature Horse breed was originated from which country?
45. What is the name of the movie that portrays the relationship between a former trainer and a stubborn 15-year-old kid with a passion for horses?
The Derby Stallion
46. What was the name of the horse ridden by George G. Meade during the American Civil War?
47. The Grande Prêmio São Paulo is a group horserace for thoroughbred which are over how many years of age?
3 years old or more (3yo+)
48. What was the most famous “iron horse” in the history of American racing?
49. What is the longest endurance race in the world with a 1,000 km (620 mi) distance?
50. Gran Premio Félix de Álzaga Unzué is a popular group horse race in which continent?
51. Miniature Pony horse breed was originated from which country?
52. Derby Nacional is an annual Thoroughbred horse race held in which country?
53. Now extinct Narragansett Pacer horse breed was developed in the United States during which century?
54. Who was Greyhound?
named Trotting Horse of the Century in the United States
55. Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini is a popular South American Group race that takes place in which country?
56. Belmont Stakes behind Secretariat; and had a fierce rivalry with Sunday Silence?
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 100 World Wide General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 General Knowledge MCQ Questions Answer in English Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Questions with Options in English GK Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Science GK Quiz Questions in English Trivia
- 100 Science General Knowledge Questions Trivia in English Quiz
- 100 Social Science GK Questions with Answers in English
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Simple Questions and Answers
- 100 Quiz on English Language and Literature with Answers
- 100 English Literature General Knowledge Questions Trivia Quiz
- 100 GK Questions on English Literature Quiz Answers Printable
- 100 Social GK Questions Answer Trivia in English Printable Quiz
- 100 Standard General Knowledge Quiz Printable GK Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge Questions in English Quiz for Kids
- 100 GK Questions for 10th Class Trivia Quiz in English Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions for Kids in English Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge for Kids in English Trivia Quiz Printable
- 100 GK Questions For Assembly in English Printable Trivia Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge in English for Class 6 Printable Quiz
- 100 GK Questions List with Answers Quiz in English Trivia
- 100 GK Knowledge Questions Answers Trivia English Quiz