Enjoy the general knowledge quiz free printable online simple trivia tests. How much do you know about Alexander the Great? He constructed a harbor and docks, investigated both branches of the Indus, and ran into the Rann of Kachchh after arriving in Patala at the top of the Indus delta. Explore general knowledge quiz free printable online simple trivia tests A portion of his troops was to be led back by land, while the remainder would sail around the Persian Gulf on exploration ships under the leadership of Nearchus, a Cretan with prior naval expertise. Nearchus sailed in September (325) due to local resistance, but he was delayed for three weeks until he could catch the northeast monsoon in late October.
Alexander also left Gedrosia (modern Baluchistan) towards the coast in September, but he soon had to detour inland due to the presence of mountains, failing to complete his plan to build food depots for the fleet. Share general knowledge quiz free printable online simple trivia tests High-ranking officer Craterus had already been dispatched to the Helmand Valley via the Mulla Pass, Quetta, and Kandahar with the baggage and siege train, the elephants, the sick, and the wounded; from there, he was to march through Drangiana to rejoin the main army on the Amanis (modern-day Minab) River in Carmania.
Alexander’s march through Gedrosia was devastating; the desert was dry and there was a severe lack of food and fuel; many people died in a sudden monsoon flood while camping in a wadi, mostly women and children. Solve general knowledge quiz free printable online simple trivia tests. At last, Nearchus and the fleet—which had also sustained losses—joined him at the Amanis.
Alexander now carried out the program of killing inept governors and removing top officials, which he had previously begun before leaving India. Three generals in the Media, including Cleander, the brother of Coenus (who had passed away a little earlier), were accused of extortion and summoned to Carmania, where they were arrested, tried, and put to death. Feel the twist of general knowledge quiz free printable online simple trivia tests Between 326 and 324, more than a third of his satraps were replaced, and six of them were killed, including the Persian satraps of Persis, Susiana, Carmania, and Paraetacene.
It is debatable to what extent the rigor Alexander began to apply to his governors and how far he went in eliminating people he had grown to distrust (as in the cases of Philotas and Parmenio), but the ancient sources that are generally favorable to him make negative remarks about his severity. Enjoy the charm of general knowledge quiz free printable online simple trivia tests below!
General Knowledge Quiz Simple Printable Free Trivia
1. ‘The Lover’s Tale’ is a great literary work, two parts of it were published in 1833, made by whom?
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
2. Which empire had the size of 8.80 million square miles?
3. Which nation’s Scott Morrison was elected as prime minister in 2018?
4. Table Mountain National Park was founded in which year in South Africa?
5. A fire in Hildesheim, Germany, destroys parts of the city, including the cathedral in which year?
6. Who made the discovery that the earth orbits the sun?
7. Which text is set up as Xuanzang’s religious pilgrimage and travel to surrounding towns and provinces of Tang China?
The Great Tang Records on the Western Regions
8. Which planet in our solar system has no namesake Roman or Greek deities?
9. Qing dynasty was at its peak with the occupation of the Earth’s maximum land surface in which year?
10. What is the chemical symbol of Silver?
11. What is the net line of the following lyrics – “I should have changed that stupid lock…..”
I should have made you leave your key
12. Which country in South America has a total land area of 1,141,748 km²?
13. Which province occupies 10.2% of the total area of South Africa?
14. Which Dutch darts player won the 2012 BDO World Championship on January 15 at Frimley Green’s Lakeside Country Club?
15. Kyoto Party, one of the prefectural and local parties were founded in which year in Japan?
16. Which author’s book is Trainspotting?
17. Which planet of our solar system rotates at 9,719 km/h on its axis?
18. When did the large Austronesian ships called K’un-lun po or Kolandiaphonta start trading with China and India?
19. As of Tokyo 2021, which multiple Paralympic gold medalist from Germany has won 23 medals?
20. HD 75289 b is an exoplanet discovered in which year?
21. Whose business was originally called “Blue Ribbon Sports”?
22. Which island in Oceania has an area of 10,434 in square kilometers?
Hawaiʻi (Big Island)
23. What was the incident of Australian(s) died/being killed at Los Rodeos, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain on 1977 Mar 27?
KLM and Pan Am jumbos collide on the runway (Tenerife airport disaster)
24. Yamagata International Documentary film festival is hosted in which country?
25. What is Poland’s official currency?
26. What is Modicogryllus cyprius?
Cyprian stripe-headed cricket
27. Peopling of Africa took place in what time, Khoisanid separation, age of mtDNA haplogroup L0?
150,000 years ago
28. “Decorative handwriting or handwritten lettering” refers to what kind of art?
29. What is the name of the president’s house of UCSF?
Chancellor’s Residence, Mount Sutro
30. Which now-famous TV chef started his work in the kitchen at the age of eight in his parent’s “The Cricketers” pub in Clavering, Essex?
31. What kind of animal doesn’t have a fluid-filled space between its body wall and digestive tract, like a flatworm does?
32. When was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Symphony No. 12 composed?
33. What activity is practiced in a velodrome?
34. Which chemical has its atomic number 46?
35. Sarah Storey, one of the multiple Paralympic gold medalists is hailed from which nation?
36. ADEM is the abbreviated form of which disease and disorder?
Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis
37. Stained glass has been used for hundreds of years. True or false?
38. The planet with the most moons is?
39. What is the maximum lifespan of a crow?
40. Who was the lead singer for the 1970s pop band Showaddywaddy?
41. What is Neotermes laticollis?
42. When did Chuan (coastal and river junk ships) are developed in China?
About 200 AD
43. Who, in George Orwell’s opinion, is monitoring us?
44. Which island in Oceania has an area of is 785,753 square kilometers?
45. What sport is Japan’s national pastime?
46. Which two islands are connected by the undersea railway Seikan Tunnel in Japan?
Hokkaidō & Honshu
47. Who was the Australian of the Year Award recipient in 1970?
Cardinal Sir Norman Gilroy
48. Which nation has the most World Cup victories?
49. When is the oldest evidence of ancient seafaring, from Crete (an island isolated from the land for millions of years prior to human arrival)?
130,000 years ago
50. What kind of creature creates an egg with a protected habitat for the embryo to grow outside of water, consisting of a shell and membranes?
More Interesting Articles
- 50 Fun with GK Quiz Questions Answers English Printable Trivia
- 50 General Knowledge English Quiz for Students Adults Teen
- 50 Good Trivia Questions General Knowledge Medium Hard
- 50 Hard GK Questions Answer in English Printable Trivia Quiz
- 50 General Knowledge Interesting Trivia Quiz Thought in English
- 50 Hard Printable General Knowledge Questions Interesting Quiz
- 50 Multiple Choice Questions and Answers for General Knowledge
- 50 Quick General Knowledge Team Quiz with Answers Family
- 50 General Knowledge Questions English Fun Printable Quiz
- 100 Amusing General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Questions Multiple Choice with Answers
- 50 Funtrivia Quiz for Friends Printable General Knowledge
- 100 History General Knowledge Questions Hard Interesting Trivia
- 50 Smart General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answer Free Test
- 50 Fun General Knowledge Trivia Questions Answer for Teens
- 50 Interesting Trivia Quiz Questions Answer General Knowledge
- 60 Famous Horse Trivia Questions Answer Quiz about Horses
- 50 Quiz for Over 50s General Knowledge Printable English Trivia
- 50 MCQ General Trivia Questions And Answers Multiple Choice
- 50 Trivia Quiz General Knowledge Fun Night Test GK Printable