Fun easy general knowledge quiz trivia questions and answers free online test is for everyone. Early in the summer of 327, Alexander departed from Bactria with a strengthened army and a restructured leadership. However, if Plutarch’s estimate of 120,000 soldiers is accurate, it must also account for all types of ancillary services, including muleteers, camel drivers, medical personnel, street vendors, performers, women, and children; the combat strength may have been closer to 35,000. Enjoy fun easy general knowledge quiz trivia questions and answers free online. test Alexander separated his forces and recrossed the Hindu Kush, most likely via Bamiyan and the Ghorband Valley. Hephaestion and Perdiccas, two cavalry commanders, led half the army through the Khyber Pass while he personally led the other half with his siege train into the northern highlands.
A notable achievement of siegecraft during his approach through Swt and Gandhra was the assault of the nearly impenetrable peak of Aornos, the current Pir-Sar, a few miles west of the Indus and north of the Buner River. Alexander conquered Taxila in the spring of 326 by crossing the Indus around Attock. Explore fun easy general knowledge quiz trivia questions and answers free online test. Taxiles, the governor of Taxila, sent elephants and men in exchange for assistance against Porus, who held the territory between the Hydaspes (modern-day Jhelum) and the Acesines (modern-day Chenb). On the left bank of the Hydaspes in June, Alexander fought his final significant conflict. Porus joined him in founding two cities there: Bucephala, which was called after his horse Bucephalus, who died there, and Alexandria Nicaea, which he named to commemorate his triumph.
Alexander’s knowledge of India beyond the Hyphasis (likely the modern Beas) is unknown, and there is no concrete evidence that he was aware of the Ganges. Coenus, one of Alexander’s four chief marshals, served as their spokesperson. Find fun easy general knowledge quiz trivia questions and answers free online test. However, he was eager to press on and had already reached the Hyphasis when his army rebelled, refusing to move forward in the tropical rain. They were exhausted both physically and mentally. Alexander agreed to go back after seeing how determined the army was.
He constructed a fleet of 800 to 1,000 ships on the Hydaspes and built 12 altars to the 12 Olympian gods on the Hyphasis. After leaving Porus, he continued down the river and into the Indus, half of his soldiers marching in three columns along the two sides and the other half on ships. Discuss fun easy general knowledge quiz trivia questions and answers free online test. Alexander’s personal commander was Onesicritus, and Nearchus oversaw the fleet; both men eventually penned memoirs of the expedition. While storming a Malli village close to the Hydraotes (Ravi) River during the battle that accompanied the march, Alexander suffered a serious wound that rendered him debilitated.
Find below more fun easy general knowledge quiz trivia questions and answers free online test!
1. When was the peak of the Eemian interglacial period?
125,000 years ago
2. “The Golden Supper” is a great literary work by which English poet?
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
3. When did the Austronesian Lapita people, the direct ancestors of the Polynesians, reach and colonize the Schouten Islands?
About 1300 to 1200 BC
4. What freshwater lake has the biggest surface area worldwide?
5. What video game series’ Kratos serves as the main character?
God of War
6. Which was established in 1980 as the third largest urban park in the world and the largest in Asia?
Margalla Hills National Park (Pakistan)
7. In June 1132 a huge fire in which city in China destroyed 13,000 houses?
8. Kozhikode, also known in English as Calicut, is a city along the Malabar Coast in which state in India?
9. Which country in South America has a total land area of 1,098,581 km²?
10. What is the full name of the doll, Barbie?
Barbara Millicent Roberts
11. Which empire was at its peak with the occupation of the Earth’s maximum land surface in 1790?
12. Which chemical has its atomic number 49?
13. How many time zones exist on the US mainland?
Four; are Pacific, Eastern, Central, and Mountain
14. Which province occupies 8.6% of the total area of South Africa?
15. What nation is Mount Kilimanjaro located in?
16. Which empire claimed approximately 16.92% of the Earth’s land surface?
17. When was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Symphony No. 48 composed?
18. HD 89744 b is an exoplanet discovered in which year?
19. ‘Bodie’ and ‘Doyle’s’ actors in The Professionals were who?
Lewis Collins and Martin Shaw
20. Reinhild Moeller, one of the multiple Paralympic gold medalists is hailed from which nation?
21. Which sort of animal’s semi-solid mesodermal tissues between the intestine and body wall support the animal’s internal organs?
22. Which color is described by the Spanish term Rojo?
23. Which African country has a total land area of 1,220,813 square kilometers?
24. What was the incident of Australian(s) died/being killed off Mauritius on 1987 Nov 28?
South African Airways Flight 295
25. What is the name of a bunch of pandas?
26. Which park in Moscow, Russia is located on the Meshchera Lowlands?
Losiny Ostrov National Park
27. Osaka Restoration Association (Ōsaka Ishin no Kai), the dominant party in Ōsaka prefecture formed by whom?
28. When was the Battle of the Delta, took place, which was one of the first recorded naval battles, during Ancient Egypt’s war against the Sea Peoples?
About 1175 BC
29. Who was the Australian of the Year Award recipient in 1971?
30. What bird is the tiniest in the world?
31. Yokohama film festival is hosted in which City?
32. What beer brand does Homer Simpson prefer?
33. What is the maximum lifespan of a dog?
34. Which island in Oceania has an area of 4,029 square miles?
Hawaiʻi (Big Island)
35. Which European nation saw the fastest rate of population loss between 2015 and 2020?
36. When was, possibly the earliest evidence of the use of symbols etched onto bone?
~120,000 years ago
37. ADHD is the abbreviated form of which disease and disorder?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
38. What athletic event has a mandated all-white attire requirement?
39. What is the name of the president’s house of the Gallaudet College, Washington, D.C.?
40. In order to increase traffic safety, who created Cat’s Eyes in 1934?
41. What is Ovaliptila lindbergi?
Cretan glandular cricket
42. Sarah Storey ( Great Britain) is one of the multiple Paralympic gold medalists in which sports?
43. Which strait separates Hokkaidō from Honshu in the northernmost prefecture in Japan?
The Tsugaru Strait
44. Which planet of our solar system rotates in 16h on its axis?
45. What number of bones are there in an ear?
46. What do you call a group of morphological features seen in several creatures that are related in form or function but were absent from the organisms’ most recent common ancestor?
47. A typical NBA basket is what height?
3.02 meters / 10 feet
48. Which island in Oceania has an area of 303,381 square miles?
49. What is the atomic number of Cadmium?
50. What is silver’s chemical symbol?
More Interesting Articles
- 50 Fun with GK Quiz Questions Answers English Printable Trivia
- 50 General Knowledge English Quiz for Students Adults Teen
- 50 Good Trivia Questions General Knowledge Medium Hard
- 50 Hard GK Questions Answer in English Printable Trivia Quiz
- 50 General Knowledge Interesting Trivia Quiz Thought in English
- 50 Hard Printable General Knowledge Questions Interesting Quiz
- 50 Multiple Choice Questions and Answers for General Knowledge
- 50 Quick General Knowledge Team Quiz with Answers Family
- 50 General Knowledge Questions English Fun Printable Quiz
- 100 Amusing General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Questions Multiple Choice with Answers
- 50 Funtrivia Quiz for Friends Printable General Knowledge
- 100 History General Knowledge Questions Hard Interesting Trivia
- 50 Smart General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answer Free Test
- 50 Fun General Knowledge Trivia Questions Answer for Teens
- 50 Interesting Trivia Quiz Questions Answer General Knowledge
- 60 Famous Horse Trivia Questions Answer Quiz about Horses
- 50 Quiz for Over 50s General Knowledge Printable English Trivia
- 50 MCQ General Trivia Questions And Answers Multiple Choice
- 50 Trivia Quiz General Knowledge Fun Night Test GK Printable