It is time to explore some general knowledge trivia with question and answer sets. I hope you will love to learn something about Charlemagne. The army, which all freemen were required to join at their own expense when called upon by the king, was a vital part of the monarch’s effectiveness and a source of continual worry for Charlemagne. Find out some general knowledge trivia with question and answer quizzes. The king’s capacity to offer sources of wealth, often land grants, that allowed his subjects to serve at their own expense was becoming increasingly crucial in supporting the military apparatus, notably its armored cavalry. War loot, royal estate revenue, judicial penalties and fees, trade tolls, mandatory gifts from noble subjects, and, to a very limited extent, direct taxes for general knowledge gk question and answer were the main sources of funding for the central government.
Charlemagne continued to rely on counts, who served as royal representatives in geographical units called counties, to wield his authority locally (pagi). Have fun with general knowledge trivia with question and answer sets. They were in charge of enforcing the law, recruiting soldiers, collecting taxes, and maintaining order. Bishops kept playing a significant part in local government. Charlemagne increased the use of royal immunity grants to bishops and abbots, which shielded their possessions from government interference. This increased religious engagement in governance.
As long as they enjoyed royal favor, this power effectively permitted its holders or their representatives to reign over people who resided in their domain. Solve these general knowledge trivia with question and answer sets. The skills and loyalty of people who held local office played a significant role in the efficiency of this governing structure. Most of the royal officials that Charlemagne appointed were from a small group of closely linked aristocratic families that were ready to serve the king in exchange for the reputation, authority, and financial benefits that came with it.
The most creative political moves made by Charlemagne concerned strengthening the connections between himself, his palatium, and local authorities. He made the most of the customary Frankish yearly assembly, the mustering of those enlisted in the armed forces in a setting that underlined their shared determination to fight with their king. Find these general knowledge trivia with question and answer in English useful. Charlemagne enhanced the purpose of these gatherings by using them to forge the king’s personal connections with counts, bishops, abbots, and wealthy noblemen. At these meetings, he heard their grievances, heeded their counsel, won their approval for his plans, and gave them his instructions for running his kingdom in his own words.
Most of the king’s officials were chosen from a network of families, and this network offered crucial channels through which pressure could be exerted to ensure the local execution of royal orders. Share this general knowledge trivia with question-and-answer sets. All of Charlemagne’s free subjects were also compelled to take an oath promising to follow the monarch and act in a way that promoted harmony and peace with general knowledge gk question and answer. Charlemagne’s practice of forging personal ties with influential people by accepting them as royal vassals in exchange for benefits in the form of offices and land grants to be exploited for their personal gain as long as they remained loyal was particularly crucial in strengthening the king’s hand politically. We will solve some more general knowledge gk question and answer below.
General knowledge GK trivia question and answer
1. Livia Drusilla married whom around 43 BC?
Tiberius Claudius Nero
2. What is the study of classification?
3. What do you say for “(Of a situation) Requiring skill because difficult or awkward”?
4. Which airport has its IATA code ACY?
Atlantic City International Airport (USA)
5. Enclosure of Sour Jdid (monument) is located in which country?
6. Who is the author of the literary work A Tale of Two Cities?
7. Amphigeneia is an ancient location mentioned in which literary work?
8. What is the national emblem of Croatia?
9. Nobel laureate David Julius (Physiology or Medicine, 2021) was born in born in which country?
10. Who is considered the historical founder(s) of the Hinduism?
11. Blakedown town is located in which country?
12. What are rocks or other naturally-occurring minerals found in an archaeological context and presumed to have been transported there by humans, but not sufficiently modified to qualify as an artifact?
13. In which year Australian coal strike took place in New South Wales, Australia?
14. How many counties are there in Kentucky in the United States?
15. Who was revered as a wizard in the early modern age and made famous by the tale of his mechanical or necromantic brazen head?
Doctor Mirabilis, another academic title for Roger Bacon
16. Who patented the “Dynamo Electric Machine or Motor” – 1888 October 2?
17. Zabol Airport is located in which country?
18. Lincoln Alexander was featured on a postage stamp of Canada in which year?
19. What is bombax cotton (Bombax species)?
A seed-hair and other fibre
20. Which Old World monkey species has its scientific name Cercopithecus roloway?
21. Who authored the fiction “The Tommyknockers” in 1987?
22. Dead leaf butterfly demonstrates which camouflage methods?
23. Who was the artist of the “Isabella portrait” on the stamp of the United States appeared in 1893?
24. Sidney Howard took the title of the play “Alien Corn” from which source?
John Keats, “Ode to a Nightingale”
25. What do you say in the French idiom “to put a rabbit down”?
poser un lapin – to stand someone up
26. On 13 September, 533, Belisarius defeats the Vandals near Carthage in which event of history?
Battle of Ad Decimum
27. Who was the Greek Goddess of Women?
28. Royal Australian Historical Society is located in which Australian state?
New South Wales
29. Sonora city is located in which country?
30. The Fox Went out on a Chilly Night: An Old Song was a recipient of which honor in 1962 for its illustrations?
31. PC shortcut keys: Win + Q=?
[Open the Search charm to search everywhere or within the open app (if the app supports app search)]
32. Benjamin Franklin invented Bifocal Lens in which decade?
33. Where is the Goode Solar Telescope (GST) located?
California, United States
34. Who recorded Rock Around the Clock in 1955?
Bill Haley and the Comets
35. Who is older Jeremy Corbyn or Theresa May?
Jeremy Corbyn (born 1949, Theresa May was born 1956)
36. Which fashion designer reportedly had a relationship with Winston Churchill?
37. What is the Papaver rhoeas flower better known as?
38. Edmund Cartwright (British) invented Power Loom in which year?
39. What did Snickers bars used to be called before the name was changed in 1990?
40. When did Yuan Huangtou, Ye, launch the first human kite glide from a tower?
41. In 1977–78, which miners’ strike occurred in Nationwide, USA?
Bituminous coal strike
42. John Barber (British) invented what in 1791?
43. In 1797, profit sharing originated at Albert Gallatin’s glassworks in which city in Pennsylvania?
44. Seven Vostok flights (Vostok 7 to 13), going through to April 1966 was not successful. True/ False?
45. In what franchise would you find the character Katniss Everdeen?
The Hunger Games
46. Who was the Locus Award winner in 1980 for Best Fantasy Novel?
Patricia A. McKillip
47. Vetala Bhatta was a Sanskrit author from which country?
48. Including the recruiter round how many games were there in Squid Game?
Seven – recruiter round, red light – green light, honeycomb, tug of war, marbles, glass stepping stones, squid game.
49. What fruit variety is the Arra Mystic Dream?
50. Who plays Emily in the hit Netflix show, Emily In Paris?
More Interesting Articles
- 50 Fun Facts Quiz with Answers Trivia General Knowledge Test
- 50 GK Trivia Questions and Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Printable General Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 Silly General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Free General Knowledge Quiz with Answers Interesting Facts
- 50 General Trivia Quiz with Answers Easy Printable GK Test
- 50 General Knowledge Family Quiz GK Trivia Questions Answer
- 50 General Fun Trivia Questions English Printable GK Quiz
- 50 Fun Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Questions History and Answers Quiz
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Difficult General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 65 Horse Racing Quiz Questions Answers Random Trivia Horses
- 50 Family Fun General Knowledge Quizzes with Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Bee Printable Trivia in English
- 50 Weird Trivia Questions for Adults General Knowledge Quiz
- 50 GK Questions and Answers Easy English General Knowledge
- 100 Stranger Things Quiz 100 Questions General Knowledge
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 GK Questions Easy with Answers English Printable Trivia