English general knowledge quiz with answers is a collection of interesting cool facts and printable trivia in English. On almost any subject, you may listen to and download podcasts, as well as read this English general knowledge quiz with answers. Every subject has a podcast; in fact, there are thousands of them. Simply go to iTunes and look for podcasts, or get a dedicated podcast app for your smartphone. Later, we’ll discuss the greatest podcasts for broadening your knowledge as you have improved by solving these English general knowledge quiz with answers.
Make new media one of your allies on the basis of an English general knowledge quiz with answers. Don’t dismiss television shows as uninformative. Documentaries and newscasts are great resources for brushing up on general information. Even less esoteric media like reality television may contribute to your pop-cultural knowledge!
When it comes to extending your English general knowledge quiz with answers, the internet is an incredible resource. Websites like Wikipedia provide an overview of practically any subject you can think of, while YouTube provides video explanations of a variety of topics. Continue reading for more useful resources to help you increase your general knowledge.
You may discover that taking online courses matches your learning style and that this visual and memorable teaching technique makes it simple to expand your general knowledge. There are also a number of online eLearning providers while English general knowledge quiz with answers is free.
While increasing your English general knowledge quiz with answers requires time and effort, it’s also critical to understand how to retain what you’ve learned. Your capacity to memorize facts and numbers is somewhat based on your natural memory, but there are certain useful ways for efficiently retaining new information by dint of English general knowledge quiz with answers.
Make a list of what you learned. Writing material down, preferably by hand rather than on a computer, is an excellent means of assimilating it into your brain as you learn it. Writing forces your brain to interact with the topic, making it simpler to recall afterward by dint of English general knowledge quiz with answers.
English general knowledge quiz with answers
1. El Alia Cemetery is located in which country?
2. The Vijayanagara Empire, also called the Karnata Kingdom, was based in the Deccan Plateau region in South India, established in which year?
3. Who was the crew of the Shenzhou 5 mission by China on 15 October 2003?
4. Kingdom of Burundi was created in which century?
5. Clark Gable used to do it 4 or more times each day – do what?
6. Which country owns the artificial object named MESSENGER that landed on 30 April 2015 on the extraterrestrial surface of Mercury?
7. While serving as quaestor in Hispania, who once visited a statue of Alexander the Great?
8. Which woman received the Nobel Prize in 1926 from Italy in Literature?
9. Where was the Grande Lunette telescope (1891) debuted?
Paris Observatory, Meudon, France
10. Who played the alien in Predator jumping and climbing scenes?
Jean-Claude Van Damme
11. What was Cos-B, launched on 9 Aug 1975?
Space telescope (ESA)
12. When was the Nerva–Antonine dynasty in the Roman Empire?
13. What is the optical type of Opera glasses?
Refracting telescopes (Dioptrics)
14. Granada province is located in which country?
15. Orient Express restarted in 1982 going from London to where?
16. Totsuka-juku station is located in which Japanese city?
17. Where is the home of the Alamanka apple cultivar?
18. What is the brand Chanel No. 19?
19. Which airport has its ICAO code MMAA?
General Juan N. Álvarez International Airport
20. In what city is the Uffizi art gallery?
21. Tomb of Shirvanshahs in the Palace of the Shirvanshahs is located in which city in Azerbaijan?
22. A 270m tall Chimney 2 of Compostilla II Power Station was built in which town in Spain?
Cubillos del Sil
23. Who was Kathy Acker (1947–1997)?
US experimental novelist, punk poet, and playwright
24. Who was Marguerite Taos Amrouche (1913–1976)?
Novelist in Algeria
25. Hugh Lofting created which fictional character?
26. Oviedo–Gijón–Avilés metropolitan area is located in which country?
27. Animal Cloning-First (frogs from tadpole cells) was invented by whom?
Robert Briggs and Thomas King
28. During the 14th century, Balquhain Castle was built in which Scottish county?
29. Brimstone Hill Fortress, was built in which location in Saint Kitts and Nevis?
Saint Thomas Middle Island
30. What is extracted from the ore cinnabar?
31. Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport is located in which country?
32. Mount Rainier is located in which mountain range?
33. Takeshima Aquarium is located in which city in Japan?
34. Who was János Aczél (died 1523)?
Hungarian poet and provost
35. Cents in a Dollar Pennies in a Pound what in a French?
36. In Japan, where is the Cultural Landscape “Cultural Landscape of Kosuge Village and Mt. Kosuge” located?
37. Built in 1180, Leighlinbridge Castle, or Black Castle of Leighlinbridge is located in which country?
Republic of Ireland (County Carlow)
38. What is a Cockchafer?
39. Gulf of Riga is located in which country?
40. Adolf Dasler created which company?
41. ATP was invented by whom?
42. County Donegal is located in which country?
43. Aoshima Subtropical Botanical Garden is founded in which Japanese city?
44. What is Abner Cay in the Bahamas?
45. Who was killed in The Little Bastard?
James Dean – his cars nickname
46. Mount Saint Elias, USA is located in which state?
47. What is the population of microstate San Marino?
48. Which famous painting was stolen in 2010 from Budapest, Andrássy 94 szám, Hübner Palace, Budapest, Hungary?
Venus with a Mirror by Jacopo Palma il Giovane
49. Oulu city is located in which European country?
50. What used to be called (in Europe) Arabian wine?
51. Blood Circulation was invented by whom?
52. The construction of the virus within the host cell, using the host’s metabolism is called what?
53. Which Byzantine emperor ruled from 28 June 363 – 17 February 364?
54. General Juan N. Álvarez International Airport is located in which country?
Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico
55. What type of wine was Napoleon’s favorite?
56. Kish was an ancient city in which civilization?
57. Mount Washington mountain peak is located in which US state?
58. Which Roman Emperor ruled from 13 October 54 – 9 June 68 (13 years, 7 months, and 27 days)?
Nero Claudius Caesar, Augustus Germanicus
59. Who were Assyrians?
60. Who wrote Candide?
61. Xara Zira or Bulla island is located off the bay of which country?
62. Hermann Anschütz-Kaempfe, who invented the gyrocompass in 1907 was born in which country?
63. Andronikos II, Megas Komnenos was an Emperor in which Empire?
Empire of Trebizond
64. Which airport has its IATA code ACI?
65. In what country was the espresso machine invented in 1822?
66. 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup to be hosted by which country?
Australia and New Zealand
67. Flutter, an onomatopoeia, is a sound of what?
sound of rapid motion, e.g. aeroelastic flutter
68. Which country hosted the first FIFA Confederations Cup in 1992?
69. Which Empire was a power that dominated a large portion of the Indian subcontinent in the 18th century?
The Maratha Empire or the Maratha Confederacy
70. In 1979 who sang about Walking on the Moon?
71. Alderney Airport is located in which country?
Channel Islands, United Kingdom
72. 2010: Who is the first woman to win an Academy Award for Best Director (for The Hurt Locker)?
73. What is the peak of the mountain range White Mountains?
74. Where will you eat Deruni?
75. In the game Tomb Raider what’s Lara Croft’s profession?
76. According to the IUCN, what is the conservation status of the insect Jagos monkey grasshopper (Chromomastax jagoi)?
77. Who is Huck’s father, the town drunk and ne’er-do-well in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn?
78. In Japan, where is the Cultural Landscape “Rice terraces in Obasute” located?
79. Which famous painting was stolen in 2011 from a private residence, Houston, Texas?
Madeleine Leaning on Her Elbow with Flowers in her Hair by Pierre-Auguste Renoir
80. Name Santa Clauses (St Nicholas) French brother?
81. What animal calls hee-haw, bray?
82. In which country do you need to travel to visit the Alfayoum Zoo?
83. Which country hosted the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 1991?
84. Stillo Island is located in which country?
85. Who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1972?
86. Man with No Name was invented in which country?
87. What is a Bookworm?
88. Little Rock has been the capital of Arkansas since which year?
89. Ottomar Anschütz, in 1883 patented a camera with an internal roller blind shutter mechanism, just in front of the photographic plate was born in which country?
90. The average person has 1460 what each year?
91. Where is the location of archipelago Fiji?
South Pacific Ocean, Melanesia
92. What bird calls quack?
93. Sin-Muballit was a king of which Dynasty?
94. More Islands is located in which country?
95. In what Dickens novel is there a case of spontaneous combustion?
96. Hataz was the King (c.575) of which territory?
Africa, East, Kingdom of Aksum
97. Colorado gained US statehood since which year?
98. Fizz, an onomatopoeia, is a sound of what?
sound of effervescence
99. What is the natural rock formation where a rock arch forms called?
100. The North and South Islands of New Zealand separated by what?
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 100 Common General Knowledge Questions and Answers in English
- 100 English Quiz Questions General Knowledge Trivia Printable
- 100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers in English
- 100 Easy Holiday Trivia Questions and Answers Printable Quiz
- 100 Holiday Trivia Questions and Answers for Adults Quizzes
- 100 Fun Holiday Trivia Quiz Printable Questions and Answers
- 100 Holiday Quiz Questions and Answers Printable Trivia
- 100 All Holiday Trivia Questions and Answers Quizzes Printable
- 100 Fun Easy Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Fun Trivia General Knowledge Questions Printable Quizzes
- 100 Fun Trivia Questions and Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Easy Quiz Questions and Answers Trivia General Knowledge
- 100 Trivia Questions and Answers for Kids Quizzes General
- 100 July Trivia Questions and Answers Printable Quizzes
- 100 Trivia with Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Marvel Trivia Questions and Answers General Quizzes
- 100 Trivial Pursuit Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Weird Trivia Questions and Answers Fun Quiz General
- 100 Nearly Impossible Trivia Questions and Answers
- 100 Hard Questions to Answer Quiz Trivia General Knowledge
Leave a Reply