Learning can be real fun if you have passion and interest in it. English quiz questions general knowledge, how do you count your level of general knowledge? 10? 100? no, it’s not enough to justify. In fact, there is no end to learning, it’s a long and continuous method. However, the good thing is that there are some general knowledge printable quizzes trivia you can acquire easily in order to improve common sense.
The sources of the English quiz questions general knowledge are trustworthy and fresh. You can trust the facts and contemplate over and again with the facts of English quiz questions general knowledge by heart.
Let’s solve these English quiz questions’ general knowledge in order t improve your GK learning. Disseminate these English quiz questions general knowledge among others, where you can really drive away others.
English quiz questions general knowledge
1. Which scientists first isolated insulin in 1921?
Canadian scientists Frederick Banting and Charles Best
2. What elements pair together in the interior of the DNA helix?
3. What is the name of the analog computer Russia engineered in 1936 that ran on water?
Water integrator, by Vladimir Sergeevich Lukyanov
4. Earth’s axis goes through a motion called what where the planet’s axis will change, and trace out the shape of a cone?
5. Driving a herd of cattle down a street is against the law in which US city?
6. Which acid was first prepared from distilled red ants?
7. If you are born between June 23rd and July 23rd what star sign?
8. In the 18th century what job did a fart-catcher do?
A footman — walk behind the master
9. Which country has the smallest birth rate?
10. Who piloted the first flight across the English channel?
11. What is a young pigeon called?
12. Who is the Patron Saint of Gravediggers?
13. What is the origin of the Wisconsin state?
French corruption of, possibly, a Miami word meaning “it lies red” in reference to the bed of the Wisconsin River.
14. When was Arkansas a state?
June 15, 1836
15. Which is called – The Eternal City?
16. Who was the inventor and first millionaire game designer after he sold his The Monopoly board game patent to Parker Brothers in 1933?
17. What is the smallest state of Australia?
18. What is the nickname of Arizona?
Grand Canyon State
19. Around which French town is the champagne industry located?
20. Which 1956 film caused riots in cinemas?
Rock around the clock
21. Which 1993 Disney film starred Bet Middler as a witch?
22. Who has a famous speech: Every Man a King?
Huey Pierce Long
23. What is meant by blackguard?
Someone who is morally reprehensible
24. Who was Agrippa’s son?
25. Who received The Nobel Peace Prize 2015?
National Dialogue Quartet
26. In which US city, men who wear mustaches are forbidden from kissing women?
27. What is Tawheed according to Islam?
Confirming the oneness and unity of Allah. This belief is the foundation of Islam.
28. What is Collateral damage?
Deaths during wartime due to imprecise or incorrect targeting or friendly fire.
29. Who invented doctor Who?
30. Who did the USA buy the Virgin islands from?
31. Who wrote the Man in the Iron Mask?
32. What country invented castanets?
33. Which US president had a pet named Siam, a Siamese cat?
Rutherford B. Hayes
34. Who wrote: Brave New World?
35. When is Independence Day in New Zealand?
New Zealand has no Independence Day
36. What was Operation Outward
Operation Outward was a British World War II program to attack Germany by means of free-flying balloons
37. The Salk vaccine is used against what disease?
38. What is meant by apprehend?
Anticipate with dread or anxiety
39. Who is Angus Deaton?
Received The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2015
40. Who played the scarecrow in The Wiz (all black wiz of oz)?
41. Taken literally what should you see in a Hippodrome?
42. Which is called– La Serenissima?
43. On what date was Michigan a state?
January 26, 1837
44. What is the state motto of Illinois
State sovereignty, national union
45. What is the capital of Sicily?
46. What is Casualty?
death (or injury) in wartime.
47. When is Independence Day in Tuvalu?
48. What is the national sport of Finland?
49. What was or is a Waltzing Matilda?
50. What is Orchesis – either professional or amateur?
Art of Dancing
51. Who is the patron saint of music?
52. Which US president had a pet named Faithful, a Newfoundland?
Ulysses S. Grant
53. Dendrologists worship what?
54. Peter Goldmork invented what in 1948?
55. Who wrote The Rights of Man – and The Age of Reason?
56. Who wrote: Scoop?
57. What took place on London’s serpentine first time on 16 June 1930?
58. Where is the Gari river?
Gari river is a short river that flows in Monte Cassino, Italy at the southern end of the region of Lazio.
59. What is meant by jingoism?
60. Democracy is a word that originated from which language?
61. Under God the people rule- is the motto of which US state?
62. Which country was the first to introduce old-age pensions?
63. What is mainly extracted from pitchblende?
64. Eiffel designed the Eiffel tower – what was his first name?
65. Who has a famous speech: Fundamental Principle of a Republic
Anna Howard Shaw
66. Which Dickens novel is considered an autobiography?
67. Jocasta was the wife of Laius and the mother of who?
68. What is Capital punishment?
the judicial killing of a human being for crimes.
69. Which European city was the bride of the sea?
70. It’s also illegal to play bingo drunk in which US city?
71. Who wrote: USA?
John Dos Passos
72. What are camel hair brushes made of?
73. Which hats became popular with children in 1956?
74. Carlo Collodi created which famous children’s character?
75. Milton lost which sense?
76. Who has a famous speech: First Inaugural Address
Ronald Wilson Reagan
77. Yabusame is the Japanese version of what sport?
78. How did the Greek dramatist Aeschalys die?
Eagle dropped a tortoise on head
79. Who was Cleopatra’s first husband?
Ptolemy Dionysus — her brother
80. What is meant by blinker?
A light that flashes on and off
81. Declared By The World Health Organization when is the World Blood Donor Day?
82. Which US president had a pet named Skip, a mutt?
83. Malden Serkiovitch famous as which actor?
84. Syd Barett, Roger Waters, Richard Wright, Nick Mason – Group?
85. Who received The Nobel Prize in Physics 2014?
Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano, and Shuji Nakamura
86. Which US state has the nickname The Natural State?
87. Who (not Peter Sellers) played Inspector Clouseau in 1968?
88. Collective nouns – a smuck of what?
89. Declared By WHO, when is World Hepatitis Day?
90. What is the Homfreyganj massacre?
The Homfreyganj massacre was a massacre of suspected spies during World War II in the occupied Andaman Islands.
91. When is Independence Day in Uganda?
92. Playing card – Raymond Shaw trance – Manchurian Candidate?
93. What is it illegal to pawn in New York?
94. What was invented by Dr. Edward Land in 1947?
95. What is the origin of West Virginia?
In honor of Elizabeth, “Virgin Queen” of England
96. Whose first box office film was called Risky Business?
97. The backbone of the DNA helix consists of what?
Phosphates and sugar (deoxyribose)
98. What is meant by chortle?
A soft partly suppressed laugh
99. Where would you find the Lutine Bell?
Lloyd’s of London
100. What hospital did Dr. Kildare work at?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 101 General Knowledge Exam for Genuine Learners
- 99 Basic Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Fun Family Trivia Questions to Solve at Home
- 100 True or False for Kids who Love to Win the Race
- 101 Random History Questions of All Ages
- 45 Easy True or False Questions You Should Know All
- 49 Lifetime General Trivia Questions Multiple Choice
- 99 GK Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
- 55 World History Trivia Questions for Any Competition
- 51 Good True or False Questions to Ask Anyone
- 99 World Geography Questions to Be An Intellectual
- 70 Cinephilia Disney True or False Questions
- 60 Funny True or False Questions and Answers
- 300 General Knowledge Quiz for Kids under 10
- 100 Basic Knowledge Questions to Answer 100%
- 60 History Trivia for Kids with Scholastic Mind
- 50 Mastermind History Trivia Questions for Kids
- 100 Challenger General Knowledge Test Practice
- 100 Hard History Trivia Questions Answers Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers