Let’s solve the trivia questions Canada
1. What is Canada’s capital city?
2. What is the total area of Canada?
9,984,670 km2 (3,855,100 sq mi)
3. How much is the water of Canada’s total area?
11.76 (as of 2015)
4. Which water body is on the west coast of the country?
5. What is the old name of Canada?
“Kanata,” meaning “village” or “settlement.”
6. What is the population of Canada?
Q3 2020 estimate, 38,005,238 (38th)
7. By land, Canada is the _______ largest country in the world?
World’s second-largest country
8. What is the population density of Canada?
3.92/km2 (10.2/sq mi) (228th)
9. What is the motto of Canada?
“from sea to sea.” and “D’un océan à l’autre ” (A Mari Usque Ad Mare)
10. In the United States, it’s the Vince Lombardi Trophy, but what cup is played for in the CFL?
The Grey Cup
11. Which country did Canada liberate?
12. What is the name of the Canadian Currency?
Canadian dollar ($) (CAD)
13. When did Canada get its independence from Great Britain?
July 1, 1867
14. What is the driving side in Canada?
15. Some cities lean more toward one of the country’s official languages. Which city is one of the largest French-speaking populations in the world?
16. Where does Canada place on the rankings for the largest countries in the world?
17. Why is Toronto called the 6?
From the shared digits of the 416 and 647 telephone area codes and the six municipalities that amalgamated into the current Toronto city proper in 1998
18. What is Canada’s tourism slogan?
19. How many territories are there in Canada?
Three (Northwest Territories, the Yukon, and Nunavut)
20. What is the Calling code of Canada?
21. How many provinces are there in Canada?
Ten provinces are:
Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Saskatchewan.
22. In which of the following Canadian cities are rats non-existent?
23. What is the Internet TLD of Canada
24. Do you know which of the following buildings is found in Calgary, Alberta?
25. What is the most played sport in Canada?
26. What is Canada’s Independence Day called?
Dominion Day/ Canada Day
27. What is the largest province of Canada?
Quebec is the largest province in the country, occupying 15.4% of the country’s total area. Its land area is 523,603.95 square miles while its water area is 71,787.2 square miles and its total area is 595,442.88 square miles.
28. Canada has more of what than any other country in the world?
29. What is the nickname of Canada?
Great White North
30. When did Canada change its flag?
February 15, 1965
31. What the oldest incorporated city in Canada is?
32. What is Canada’s oldest railway tunnel?
Brockville Railway Tunnel
33. Which artist is not part of Canada’s Group of Seven painters?
34. Hawaiian pizza is worldwide now, but it was invented in which province?
35. What is the largest university in Canada?
University of Toronto
36. First used in 1965, what is on the sides of the Canadian flag?
37. Roberta Bondar is a famous person in Canada’s history. What is the most famous for?
Canada’s first female astronaut
38. What is the national sport in Canada?
Lacrosse (Ice Hockey)
39. What is the largest national park in Canada?
40. What is the time zones of Canada?
UTC−3.5 to −8
Summer (DST): UTC−2.5 to −7
41. What is the world’s longest bi-national land border in the world?
The border between Canada and the United States, stretching 8,891 kilometers (5,525 mi)
42. What are the Government systems in Canada?
43. What is the royal anthem of Canada?
God Save The Queen
44. What is the most widely recognized national symbol of Canada?
45. What are some of the greatest Canadian inventions?
- Light bulb
- Five-pin bowling
- Artificial pacemaker
- Peanut butter
- Robertson screw
- Road lines
- The pacemaker
- The fiberglass goalie mask
- Java programming language
- The electric wheelchair
- Wireless radio transmission
- Paint roller
- The garbage bag
46. What Canada is famous for?
Friendly people, nature, ice hockey, wildlife, road trips, beautiful landscapes, maple syrup, Northern lights, winter, and diversity of people
47. Canada’s oldest national park is
Banff National Park
48. What is the third line in “O, Canada,” the national anthem of the country?
“True patriot love”
49. What’s the biggest zoo in Canada?
The Toronto Zoo
50. What is the rank of Canada as the highest nominal per capita income globally?
51. What is the rank of Canada as the highest ranking in the Human Development Index?
52. What is the crest of the Arms of Canada denotes?
Upon a Royal helmet, a lion passant guardant or imperially crowned proper and holding in the dexter paw a maple leaf Gules.
53. This is loved by everyone around the country. What food do Canadians buy the most of?
54. What is the largest island in Canada?
55. You’ll need to know this one if you’re cruising down the road. How is speed measured in Canada?
Kilometers per hour
56. There’s been a lot of talk about Canadian money all around the world, but our famous toonie wasn’t around until which year?
57. Molson is a famous company that sells which of the following?
58. In which year was the Royal Canadian Mounted Police formed?
59. What is the national animal in Canada?
60. Can you name the classic board game that was invented by a Canadian?
61. The farthest place that you can live up north is found in Canada. What is the city called?
62. What sport did Canada invent?
63. What is the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies?
64. Which is the smallest city in Canada?
Canada – Tilt Cove
65. Which famous Canadian restaurant sells an item known as a double-double?
66. What is Canada’s first official language?
French (23%) and English (75%)
67. Who wrote the national anthem of Canada?
68. What is the largest volcano in Canada?
69. What is the national identification number in Canada?
There is a 14-digit national identity number: the first number is random, the next two numbers are the individual’s year of birth, the next four numbers are the individual’s month and day of birth, and the remaining seven numbers are randomly assigned.
70. What is the national flower in Canada?
71. Though it’s known as Canadian bacon everywhere else, what is it known as here in the north?
72. Who received the first Nobel in Canada?
Lester Bowles Pearson (1957)
73. When was the Canadian national anthem written?
74. What is the largest forest in Canada?
75. If you write a letter and send it to the postal code H0H 0H0, who will receive it and reply?
76. You can probably name the first, but can you name the fourth prime minister?
Sir John Thompson
77. Which of the following festivals would you visit in Ottawa-Gatineau at a certain time of year?
78. How many verses are in the Canadian national anthem?
79. How many Nobel prizes does Canada have?
27 (as of 2020)
80. This is one place worth checking out. Can you name the longest skating rink in Canada?
81. Why is Canada called True North?
In the context of Tennyson’s poem To the Queen, the word true means “loyal” or “faithful”
82. Where would you find the scenic Rocky Mountains?
83. This is another great landmark. What mall in Canada has an amusement park inside?
The West Edmonton Mall
84. Which is the longest river in Canada?
The Mackenzie River
85. What is the symbol of Canada?
The Beaver (Castor canadensis) as a symbol of the sovereignty of Canada” received royal assent on March 24, 1975
86. What is the national food in Canada?
Poutine and butter tarts
87. Which is the largest festival in Canada?
L’International des Feux Loto-Québec festival.
88. Do you know which province doesn’t participate in daylight saving time?
89. Whose face is on the back of the quarter?
Queen Elizabeth II
90. When was Niagara Falls created?
12,000 years ago at the end of the Ice Age
91. What is the shortest river in Canada?
92. There’s only one officially bilingual province. Can you name it?
93. Canada has the longest highway in the world. Do you know what is it called?
94. What rivers flow north in Canada?
95. What is the last line of Canada’s national anthem?
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee. God keep our land glorious and free! O Canada, we stand on guard for thee. O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
96. Canada hosted the Olympics for the first time in what city?
97. Niagara falls is originated from
Wisconsin glaciation (the last ice age)
98. While the country as a whole has its own official sports, what is the official sport of Saskatchewan?
99. What is the biggest lake in Canada?
Great Bear Lake
100. Which is the largest province in Canada?
101. What is the name of the Canadian poem that is often recited on Remembrance Day?
“In Flanders Fields”
102. What is the largest city in Canada?
103. Which is the largest tree in Canada?
104. Which is the smallest province in Canada?
Prince Edward Island
105. What are the major Ethnic groups in Canada?
1.3% Latin American
106. What is the Demonym of Canada?
107. What are the Major Religions in Canada?
- 67.2% Christianity
- 23.9% No religion
- 3.2% Islam
- 1.5% Hinduism
- 1.4% Sikhism
- 1.1% Buddhism
- 1.0% Judaism
- 0.6% Other
108. What is the national bird of Canada?
109. When did Canada enter the United Nations?
November 9, 1945
110. What is the national color of Canada?
111. Which place is the state in Canada?
112. What is the hottest state of Canada?
Victoria, British Columbia
113. What is the highest bridge in Canada?
Similkameen Ore Conveyor Bridge
114. More than half of Canadians live in just two provinces:
Ontario and Quebec
115. Most immigrants in Canada from which country?
India. China. Philippines
116. What is the average male and female height in Canada?
175.1 cm (5 ft 9 in)
162.3 cm (5 ft 4 in)
117. What is the most common crop in Canada?
Corn and wheat
118. What is the longest suspension bridge in Canada?
Eagle Canyon suspension bridge
119. What is the most common animal in Canada?
120. What is the biggest landmark in Canada?
World’s Largest Paper Clip, Kipling, SK.
121. What is the most common hair Colour in Canada?
122. What is the color of the eye in Canada?
123. What is the most common fish in Canada
124. What is the largest statue in Canada?
Mac the Moose
125. What is the most common tree in Canada?
126. Where is Canada’s largest flag?
Falkland is recognized for one of Canada’s largest Canadian flags, which is located on Gyp Mountain and can be seen up to 7 km (4.3 mi) away.
127. What is the largest hotel in Canada?
The Chelsea Hotel
128. What is the most visited place in Canada?
129. What is the longest street in Canada?
Yonge Street is 1896 km (1178 miles)
130. What are the major agricultural products in Canada?
Major field crops grown in Canada include wheat, canola, barley, corn, and soybeans. Other crops include rye, oats, white beans, and mixed grains.
Other recommended Trivia
- 30 Titanic Movie Quizzes MCQ for Crazy Fans
- Memorable 90s TV Trivia Questions and Answers
- 100 Best Sports Trivia Questions to Know and Share
- 30 Economics Trivia to Solve Before Any Competition
- 25 Economics Quiz MCQ for Brilliant Learners
- 100 Microeconomics Quiz MCQ Every Economist Knows
- 30 Finance Quiz MCQ General Knowledge Trivia
- 50 Personal Finance Quiz Every Educate Tries
- 25 Finance Trivia Questions and Answers for Quiz
- 30 Finance Trivia Questions Knowledge Quiz Online
- 50 Financial Accounting Questions and Answers Multiple Choice
- 25 Accounting MCQs Every Accountant Knows
- 30 Accounting Multiple Choice Quiz to Grow Expertise
- 25 Accounting Multiple Choice Questions from Basic
- 111 Fish Trivia for People with Crazy Fishing Hobby
- 99 Fish Quizzes and Answers to Solve with Confidence
- 101 Fishing Trivia Facts Questions with Answers Printable
- 105 Fishing Quiz to Improve General Knowledge
More Recommended Quizzes
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- Easy World History Trivia Questions and Answers
- 90 Multiple Choice Questions on Laws of Motion with Answers
- 100 Fall Trivia Questions Answers for Adults Printable
- 100 Pantomath True or False Questions to Ask Friends
- 100 Curious Mind True or False Questions and Answers
- 100 Basic Human Body Trivia Questions U Must Know
- 50 Aggressive True or False Questions with Answers
- 50 Practical Torts Multiple Choice Questions for All
- 300 Friends Trivia Questions and Answers for Pals
- 100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 Kid Trivia Questions And Answers Funny
- 100 Out of the Box Trivia Questions for Adults
- 100 True or False Trivia Questions People Confuse
- 100 Geography Quiz for Kids for any Competition
- 200 Fun Quiz Questions Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Competitive True or False Questions for Kids
- 200 Common General Knowledge Questions Answers
- 200 general knowledge test questions and answers
- 100 Geography Questions for 5th Graders
- 50 Geography Quiz Questions for Challenge Takers
nova scotia trivia
canada day trivia
canada trivia quiz
canada 150 trivia printable
canadian trivia game
canada trivia questions and answers
canadian trivia printable
british columbia trivia
canada day quiz printable
canada day quiz multiple choice
canada trivia for kids
canada quiz for kids
canada 150 trivia questions and answers
canada day trivia quiz
canada day trivia for seniors
canada geography trivia
canada day trivia questions
bc trivia questions and answers