Fish quizzes are a great source of learning. We have accumulated 99 very basic fish quizzes and answers. Check and see how a lot you understand about this overseas marine world with this quiz about fish. There are such a lot of forms of fish, with so many desirable variations between species.
Check your data about fish and marine life with this quiz. Do these superb fish quizzes which have been tried 126 occasions by avid quiz takers printable.
Check your data of underwater animals with the fantastic fish quizzes! Can you notice the solutions and get 100%?
Questions about fish quizzes to your specialized quizzes. Check your fishy data with our 30 enjoyable free trivia questions all about fishes.
These enjoyable online fish quizzes are an effective way to evaluation the most typical fish of a space. Check your expertise with these printable Fish Assessments & Fish Quizzes for from worldwide on diversified fishes and fishing.
Under accommodates Fish quizzes, trivia, questions, and solutions. You might be presently within the Basic Data Query & Solutions quizzes part.
Take a fast take a look at the fish quizzes on the ideas of fishes and fishing, traits, anatomy & varieties or print the worksheet to observe offline.
Let’s solve the fish quizzes here!
1. This isn’t math class, but what does it mean to “angle?”
Fish with a line and rod
2. Which item would you not typically use for ice fishing?
3. All fishing knots must be drawn extremely tightly to be effective. Most anglers use water or saliva to lubricate the knots as they tighten them but which of the following is the best lubricant?
4. In relation to recreational snapper fishing in the Hauraki Gulf, do you know how many one fishers can take, and how long must they be?
9 fish of more than 27cm from nose to the v of the tail
5. Which of these fish likes to take your bait then wrap your line around rocks?
6. You tried fishing every day for two weeks and never even got a nibble. You looked down in the water and you actually saw a fish that could walk. Which of these fish can walk?
7. What is the rarest fish in the world?
Devils Hole pupfish
8. What form was the Egyptian god Sobek?
9. What do New Englanders call the building that they set on the ice and fish from?
10. Which item would be used for ice fishing?
11. The action of a fishing rod refers to which characteristic?
12. Where does the bait go in a lobster trap?
13. Which animals are the only other animals, other than humans, that get pleasure out of sex?
14. What is the most famous fish in the world?
15. Which type of Shark is not usually caught on reel and line?
Great White Shark
16. What kind of animal is a mud puppy?
17. You have headed away from the freshwater lake shore so that you could begin fishing out on the lake in your boat. What type of fish could you expect to catch in a freshwater lake?
18. Which of these ocean-dwelling creatures doesn’t have any support for its body but its muscles?
19. Which is the most appropriate knot for joining two lines of very similar or the same diameters?
20. This is a Durham Ranger, a fly usually used when fishing for Salmo Salar. What is the more familiar name for this (usually) ocean-dwelling fish which returns to the freshwater site where it was born to breed?
21. Ice should not be considered safe to walk on until it has reached what depth?
22. Which of the following is NOT a common bait used when ice fishing northeastern lakes?
23. Which type of hook is widely used for tip-up fishing?
24. What is the state fish of Maryland?
25. “Wow, that’s a big chuck,” is something you might hear if you do which of the following?
Make a large cast
26. Which is not a live bait typically used for ice fishing?
27. What is the largest freshwater US catfish?
28. Do reptiles, fish, or mammals have the most teeth?
29. When a fish comes to the surface of the water to feed, what is it called?
30. Which of these fish eat coral?
31. Which organ in most fish provides buoyancy?
32. The arbor knot, also known as the Canadian jam knot, is used to attach the backing or mainline to which important component of the fisherman’s tackle set-up?
33. Which is the largest freshwater fish in the world?
34. “Balsa” is most often used for which of the following pieces of fishing gear?
35. Which knot is often used to connect the main running line to the shock leader?
36. Some fish are dangerous to touch, so you should remove the hook with a hook-remover or a pair of pliers and you should also wear fishing gloves. Which of these fish has poisonous spines?
37. What is the oldest fish alive?
38. What is a rig set inside a hole in the ice with a small flag and a spool of the line called?
39. This fly is designed to catch bonefish, a shallow-feeding saltwater sport fish, by imitating one of their favorite foods. Which of the following might be featured at a bonefish dinner party?
40. When tip-up fishing, you would most likely use a steel leader for which species?
41. Which is the most common species of carp in British waters?
42. Which of these fish is very jumpy and will rarely take a bait?
43. What kind of animal can be minke, grey, or bowhead?
44. This technique is called Noodling, and this way of catching catfish is used in the southern United States. Which piece of equipment is used to grab these massive critters from their caves in this technique?
45. What does the cross-section of a “standard” bamboo fly rod look like?
46. What are the fish?
Fish are gill-bearing aquatic craniate animals that lack limbs with digits.
47. What is the most beautiful fish in the world?
48. Northern pike is also referred to as slough sharks. T/F?
49. You are ready to go fishing. You have decided to fish for trout. Which of these is not a type of trout?
50. Which of these would you use for a fishing lure?
51. Which of the following is another name for crappie?
Sac au lait
52. A lobster can be termed as a “hard shell” or a “soft shell”. What would a Maine lobsterman refer to a “soft shell” as?
53. Next on display is the net section. There are many forms, and this one is quite a snag. This type of net is designed to trap fish by their gills, preventing any form of struggle, and is commonly set vertically. What is this type of net called?
54. Which Northeast Lake does not freeze all the way?
55. You’ve just had a “crack off.” What does this mean?
Your line broke while casting
56. What rig is most commonly used to catch smelt?
A jig with two small hooks baited with smelt
57. This trout fly is nothing more than a small ball of orange or red yarn on a hook. What is this fly called?
58. Come along to the next part of my fishing quiz. We are going to be talking about bow fishing. This technique requires good aim and eyesight. Since I said that, can you guess which of the following you need to do some bow fishing?
Bow and Arrow
59. The earliest organisms that can be classified as fish were what?
Soft-bodied chordates that first appeared during the Cambrian period.
60. Which fish has sharp teeth, lives around reefs, can reach 50 lbs and is a ferocious fighter, but tires out somewhat quickly?
61. How many types of fishing rod actions are most commonly available?
62. Which device will indicate how deep the water is, and the depth of the fish if they are present?
63. When your rod, reel, and line are assembled, you will want to put a lure on the line and start fishing. Do you know which of these is not a type of lure?
64. Most fish exchange gases using what?
Gills on either side of the pharynx.
65. Which introduced species has ruined most of the seabed of Port Phillip bay?
Northern-pacific sea stars
66. What is the coolest fish?
67. Which is not a standard fly rod handle?
68. Which ocean-dwelling creature squirts toxic ink?
69. This one involves rings along the bottom to ‘purse’ your school of fish within. This is known as a purse seine net, but it also has another name that sounds like an old TV show. What is it also known as?
70. The term used for pulling, then leaving slack on the line while reeling in a fish is known as what?
71. This is a knot tied into the line and perfectly suited for attaching terminal tackle items such as paternosters. This knot is called a ____ loop.
72. You are fishing in a shipping channel with shrimp and you get a monster fish on and you see a red flash before your 20-pound line snaps. What fish is it?
73. What is live smelt most often used as bait to catch?
Stout and salmon
74. Important to the function of your rod, what does the “anti-reverse” do for you?
It locks the reel from spinning backward.
75. This item here gets a lot of people taking photos. The trident is one of the most iconic fishing spears out there, and the great god Poseidon loves it to bits. It is used in this technique that needs you to spear your fish with a trident. What is this technique called?
76. Gills consist of what?
Threadlike structures called filaments.
77. Which shark is flat like a stingray?
Pacific angel shark
78. The Duncan knot is also known by another name which alludes to the fact that it can be used in the place of virtually any other knot?
79. With rod and reel in hand, you will need some fishing line. There are so many to choose from. Which of these is not one of the important factors when choosing a fishing line?
80. What’s the hardest fish to catch?
81. Which of these companies manufactured flashers?
82. Which fish under 50 pounds can, pound for pound, pull better than a bass?
83. Fish decoys are used as a common practice to catch pike in Northeastern lakes. T/F?
84. Each filament contains a capillary network that provides what?
A large surface area for exchanging oxygen and carbon dioxide.
85. An increasingly popular and productive method of fly-fishing is known as ‘nymphing’. But what is a nymph?
A water-dwelling insect larva
86. This net is pretty similar to the gillnet, but it is much safer compared to its illegal cousin. It also goes by another name, and that name tells of how the fish are caught, which is to tangle at the jaw. What is this net also known as?
87. If you have a pattern of a mickey Finn, golden darter, grizzly king, gray ghost, yellow matuka, and maribou muddlers, what would you have?
88. What is the line called that connects the fly line to the reel?
89. You want to catch a huge bass from shore. What time is the best time to do so?
90. Gummy Sharks have short pointy teeth. T/F?
91. The archerfish have a special way of catching their prey (insects, spiders, etc.). How does it do it?
Spits water at them
92. Which of these fish can you catch in grass flats, it takes little bites out of your shrimp; and is called a bait stealer?
93. By lifting the rod tip high and slightly behind you, then snapping it forward and down, the fly line will unwind across the top of the water. What is this kind of casting called?
94. NZ rivers, lakes, and streams are well stocked with trout. NZ is world-famous for trout fishing. Can you say which of the following list is not the name of a common fishing fly used to catch trout?
95. Which fish has the largest teath?
Great White Sharks
96. When tooth size is compared to head size, Which fish has the largest teath?
97. What fish has the largest brain?
98. Which fish is most intelligent?
99. What fish has the largest eyes?
Other recommended reading
- 55 World History Trivia Questions for Any Competition
- 51 Good True or False Questions to Ask Anyone
- 99 World Geography Questions to Be An Intellectual
- 70 Cinephilia Disney True or False Questions
- 60 Funny True or False Questions and Answers
- 300 General Knowledge Quiz for Kids under 10
- 100 Basic Knowledge Questions to Answer 100%
- 60 History Trivia for Kids with Scholastic Mind
- 50 Mastermind History Trivia Questions for Kids
- 100 Challenger General Knowledge Test Practice
- 100 Hard History Trivia Questions Answers Printable
More Recommended Quizzes
- Solar System Quiz – Test Your Knowledge Base
- 200 Random Trivia Quiz – A General Knowledge Test
- 50 NASA Trivia Questions Quiz Only for Brilliants
- The invention of All Ages Trivia Questions Answers
- The invention of All Ages Easy Trivia Quiz for All
- 50 Christmas Movie Trivia Quiz for Film Lovers
- 100 Evergreen Astronomy Trivia Questions
- 50 All Time Trivia Questions on Roman Goddess
- 50 Greek God Trivia Questions and Answers
- 200 Random General Knowledge Trivia Quiz
- 30 Marvel Movie Quiz Questions for True Fans
- 200+ Christmas Trivia Quiz Questions Answers
- 25 Italian Basic Trivia Questions One Must Know
- 30 General Knowledge Trivia Question for All
- 50 Disney Trivia for Kids – Adventure for Brave
- General Knowledge Quiz Trivia Random
- The invention of All Ages Trivia Quiz Question
- General Knowledge Trivia Question
- Ancient Civilization Quiz Trivia Questions
- Invention Trivia Questions for Beginners
- 200 Random Trivia Questions Answers Quiz Test
- Periodic Table Trivia Easy Questions and Answers
freshwater fish trivia
saltwater fishing trivia
bass fishing trivia
saltwater fishing trivia
fly fishing trivia
fish identification quiz
freshwater fish quiz
fishing trivia questions and answers
saltwater fish quiz
fish trivia questions
bass fishing quiz
tropical fish quiz
fish species quiz
carp fishing quiz
aquarium fish quiz
saltwater fishing trivia
fishing trivia game
fish trivia questions and answers
coarse fishing quiz questions and answers
hunting and fishing trivia questions