Mathematics problem solving questions and answers will be interesting. The Arithmetica, a collection of 150 mathematical puzzles with precise answers to both determinate and indeterminate equations, was his most important composition. Solve mathematics problem solving questions and answers. Later mathematicians were greatly influenced by the Arithmetica, including Pierre de Fermat, who discovered his famous Last Theorem by attempting to extend a problem from the Arithmetica (that of dividing a square into two squares). Diophantus made important contributions to notation as well; the Arithmetica is where algebraic symbolism and syncopation were first used.
Pappus of Alexandria is one of the last outstanding mathematicians from Greece (4th century AD). He is well-known for the Pappus configuration, Pappus graph, hexagon theorem, and centroid theorem. Explore mathematics problem solving questions and answers. Since much of it has survived, His Collection is a significant source of information about Greek mathematics. Greek mathematics is said to have ended with Pappus, with future work mostly consisting of reflections on prior work.
Hypatia of Alexandria was the first female mathematician that history has a record of (AD 350–415). She published several works on applied mathematics and succeeded her father, Theon of Alexandria, as a librarian at the Great Library. Enhance yourself with mathematics problem solving questions and answers. The Christian community in Alexandria had her publicly undressed and put to death over a political quarrel. Although work continued at Athens for another century under the leadership of individuals like Proclus, Simplicius, and Eutocius, her death is occasionally seen as marking the end of the Alexandrian Greek mathematics era.
Despite being more philosophers than mathematicians, Proclus and Simplicius’ commentary on previous works are important sources for understanding Greek mathematics. Although the Byzantine empire continued the Greek tradition with mathematicians like Anthemius of Tralles and Isidore of Miletus, the architects of the Hagia Sophia, the closure of the Neo-Platonic Academy of Athens by the emperor Justinian in 529 AD is traditionally regarded as the end of the era of Greek mathematics. Enjoy mathematics problem-solving questions and answers. However, Byzantine mathematics was mostly commentary with little in the way of originality, and at this time, other regions were home to the centers of mathematical innovation.
The odometer of Vitruvius had chariot wheels of 4 feet (1.2 m) in diameter revolving 400 times in one Roman mile (approximately 4590 ft/1400 m), possibly based on similar gear-work and technology discovered in the Antikythera mechanism. Bookmark mathematics problem solving questions and answers. A pin-and-axle system engaged a 400-tooth cogwheel with each rotation, turning a second gear that discharged pebbles into a box, each pebble denoting a mile traveled.
Mathematics Problem Solving Questions and Answers
2. True Or False? A Convex Shape Curves Outwards.
3. What Does The Square Root Of 144 Equal?
4. True Or False? Pi Can Be Correctly Written As A Fraction.
5. What Comes After A Million, Billion, And Trillion?
6. 52 Divided By 4 Equals What?
7. What Is The Bigger Number, A Googol Or A Billion?
8. Are opposite angles of a parallelogram equal?
9. Tresla has twenty orange gums. Sam received three gums, while Mary received five. She repurchased 12 gums and lost 6 of them. How many gums are there to Tresla?
10. Sum Of 2s + 4t -3u + 5v, -S + 2t + 9u – 11v And 3s – 4t + 2u – 3v Is
4s + 2t + 8u – 9v
11. Sum Of 2a + B + 5c And -5a – 2b + 3c Is
-3a – B + 8c
12. Product Of -140 And +8 Is
13. On a Farm, There Are Four Peacocks More Than Rabbits. There are 44 legs in all (including those of rabbits and peacocks). How many rabbits and peacocks are there?
10 Chickens and 6 Rabbits
14. Who Invented The Steam-Powered Boat?
15. What Is The Symbol For Milliliters?
16. Identify The Smallest Prime Number.
17. Who Invented The Phonograph?
18. What Is The Value Of 4x + 9, When X = 4?
19. Mr. Diaz rolls a six-sided cube numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. What is the probability he rolls a three?
20. What Comes Next In The Fibonacci Sequence 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,—?
21. What Is (15-15)=?
22. What Is (1-1)=?
23. What Is (15-4)=?
24. In Science, Which Element’s Symbol Is “O”?
25. What Is The Prefix Meaning of “10”?
26. Name The South American River That Contains The Largest Volume Of Water In The World.
27. The largest Composite Number Less Than 40 Is
28. The largest Prime Number Less Than 20 Is
29. Numbers That Have Only Two Factors And Are Different From Each Other Are Called
30. By Solving -2 + 8 + ( -24 / -2), Answer Is
31. By Solving ( -72 / -8 ) + ( -3 X -9 ) + (-4) +2, You Will Get
32. By Factorization of (10x – 100), Answer Must Be
10(X – 10)
33. Composite Numbers Has
34. There are 16 tigers and peacocks in all on the farm. Peacocks and tigers together have 50 legs in all. How many tigers and peacocks are there?
7 Chicken And 9 Rabbits
35. From Monday through Friday, Mr. Joseph runs 3 kilometers every day. On Saturday and Sunday, he runs an additional 10 kilometers every day. Joshua runs how many kilometers each week?
36. To Play A Certain Game, Tom, Julia, Mike, And Fran Have 175 Cards. They chose to distribute them equally. How many cards should each person draw, and how many are still available?
43 Each And Left
37. There Are 365 Days In One Year And 100 Years In One Century. How Many Days Are In One Century?
36,500 Days In One Century
38. Jim Drove 768 Miles Of A 1200 Miles Journey. How Many More Miles Does He Need To Drive To Finish His Journey?
39. The Cost Of Buying A Tall Building Is One Hundred Twenty-One Million Dollars. Write This Number In Standard Form.
40. Order From Greatest To Least The Fractions 1/3 , 1/6 , 1/2 , 1/7.
1/2 , 1/3 , 1/6 , 1/7
41. When You Subtract 1,995 From 4,008, The Answer Is Equal To
4,008 – 1,995 = 2,013
42. How Many Milliliters In One Liter?
1000 Milliliters = 1 Liter
43. Round 312.92 To The Nearest Whole Number.
44. If You Add 1,000 To 29,898, You Obtain
29,898 + 1,000 = 30,898
45. Convert 5/10 To Decimal.
46. Angles In Opposite Segments Are Classified As?
47. Angles Formed When Two Straight Lines Intersect Each Other Are Classified As
Vertically Opposite Angles
48. Sum Of 5x + 3y And 4x – 2y Is
9x + Y
49. If Expression 12c + 1b + 7d Is Subtracted From 39c + 40b + 45d Then Answer Will Be
27C+39b + 38D
50. A Car Traveled 281 Miles In 4 Hours 41 Minutes. The Average Speed Of The Car In mph?
60 Miles Per Hour
51. What Does Century Represent?
52. Which Is Bigger 100 Or Ten Squared?
Both Are The Same
53. What Are Whole Numbers?
Whole Numbers Are Simple The Numbers 0,1,2,3,4,5,……
54. What Are Integers?
Although they do not include fractions, integers are similar to whole numbers and also include negative numbers.
55. Is -2 An Integer?
56. In The Metric System, What Is The Basic Metric Unit Of Mass?
57. Considering the following Pattern 2 X (2 – 1) = 2, 3 X (3 – 1) = 6, 4 X (4 – 1) = 12, 5 X (5 – 1) = 20, 8th Line In Pattern will be
9 X (9 – 1) = 72
58. If Following Pattern Is Considered 2² + 1 = 5, 3² + 1 = 10, 4² + 17, 5² + 1 = 26, . . . . . . ., Then Value Of X In X²+1 = 170 Will Be
59. In Following Sequence 79, 76, 73, and 70, the Next Three Numbers In Sequence Are
60. Eela purchased 12 3/6 kg of flour. Nana purchased 14 2/8 kilograms of flour, while Emi purchased 11 8/12 kilograms. Who has purchased more flour?
61. Out Of Following Rational Numbers 6/10, 4/15, 8/11 And 3/4, Smallest Rational Number Is
62. Out Of Following Rational Numbers 4/8, 2/6, 9/12 And 10/17, Greatest Rational Number Is
63. Which Is Greater -50 Or 2?
64. Which Of These Numbers Is Not An Integer -2, 0, 100, ½?
65. What Is (87=80)=?
66. What Is (67-66)=?
67. 70% of the books at a city bookstore are classified as fiction and the other 30% as non-fiction. Non-fiction books outnumber fiction books by 2400. The owner wants to increase Fiction Books by 5% at an average cost of $22. Are New Fiction Book Prices?
68. 30% of the books in the public library are classified as non-fiction and the remaining 70% as fiction. Non-fiction books outnumber fiction books by 2400. The library’s overall book count is?
69. 30% of the books in the college library are classified as fiction and the other 70% as non-fiction. There are 2400 more nonfiction books available than there are fiction books. The library’s total number of nonfiction books is?
70. Two Trigonometric Ratios Whose Values Cannot Be Greater Than 1 Are?
Sine And Cosine
71. $5000 is the combined income of Henry and Hazel. They must pay $500 for food, $450 for a mortgage, and $135 for electricity, water, and gas. $50 for a phone, and $155 for car maintenance. Monthly Savings as %Earnings Age
72. If A = 9.7 Cm, Angle B = 64°, And C = 8.8 Cm Then Area Of ABC Is
73. If A = 16.5 Cm, Angle B = 52°, And C = 10 Cm Then Area Of ABC Is
74. The formula For the Area Of A Triangle Is
1/2 X Base X Height
75. The formula Used To Measure the Circumference Of a Circle Is
76. In Formula 2pr, ‘R’ Is Considered As
77. If the Circumference Of the Circle Is 64p Then the Area Of the Circle (In Terms Of ?) Is
78. The formula Used To Measure the Area Of a Circle Is
79. Ascending Order Of Following Rational Numbers 3/6, 2/8, And 4/9 Is
2/8, 4/9, 3/6
80. Answer Of Factorization Of Expression 4z(3a + 2b – 4c) + (3a + 2b – 4c) Is
(4z + 1)(3a + 2b -4c)
81. Answer Of Factorization Of Expression (3x – 2y)(A + B) + (4x – 3y)(A + B) Is
(7x – 5y)(A + B)
82. Factorization Of P(4q + 3) +4(4q+3) Leads To
(P + 4)(4q + 3)
83. By Factoring 3x – 15xy – 30z, Answer Will Be
3(X – 5y – 10z)
84. If the Circumference Of the Circle Is 82p Then the Value Of ‘R’ Is
85. On A-Line, the Sum Of Adjacent Angles Is Equal To
86. Angles That Have Common Vertex And A Common Side On A Line Are Classified As
87. What Is (15-14)=?
88. What Is (49-40)=?
89. What Is (34-23)=?
90. Absolute Value Of Following Integers -30, -20, -10, 5 In Ascending Order Can Best be Expressed As
5, 10, 20, 30
91. Convert The Decimal 49/7 Into A Fraction In Simplest Terms.
92. Least Common Multiple (LCM) Of 40, 50 And 70
93. There are coordinates at Point A. (2,2). If it is translated 2 units up and 5 units to the left, then reflected in the X-axis, what are the coordinates of its image point?
94. If The New Cube Has A Volume Of 64,000 Cubic Centimeters, What Is The Area Of One Face Of The Original Cube?
400 Square Cm
95. How Do You Change The Length Of A Cylindrical Container So That The Volume Will Remain The Same If The Radius Is Multiplied By 2?
¼ Of The Original Height
96. One Leg Of A Right Triangle Is 18 Cm And Its Area Is 108 Square Cm. Find Its Perimeter.
97. Do Polygons with 5 sides have the sum of interior angles?
98. Find The Circumference Of A Circle Inscribed Inside A Square With A Side Of 20 Meters.
99. One pump may fill a tank twice as quickly as another. In 18 minutes, the pump fills the tanks. How long does it take for a single pump to fill the tank on its own?
Faster Pump: 27 Minutes, Slower Pump: 54 Minutes
100. Two Numbers x And 16 Have LCM = 48 And GCF = 8. Find x.
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 70 Fun Horse Quizzes Questions Answer Horse Random Trivia
- 50 Interesting Facts General Knowledge Fun Quiz with Answers
- 50 General Knowledge Questions Easy Printable Trivia Quiz
- 100 Top History Questions and Answers Fun General Knowledge
- 50 Fun Trivia Questions with Multiple Choice Answers MCQ
- 50 Random General Knowledge Printable Fun Quiz Questions
- 50 GK Multiple Choice Questions with Answers Hard MCQ Quiz
- 50 World General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- GK Simple Questions and Answers Trivia Quiz Printable Fun
- 100 General Knowledge Questions and Answers about History
- 50 Medium General Knowledge Trivia Quiz Questions GK for Fun
- Top 50 GK Question with Answer Fun Printable Trivia Quiz Free
- 50 Trivia Questions with Multiple Choice Answers MCQ Quiz GK!
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Easy Medium Hard Printable Trivia
- 50 GK Questions and Answers Free Printable Quiz in English
- 50 Quiz Questions General Knowledge Fun Trivia for Over 60s
- 50 Random Facts General Knowledge Quiz Questions Printable
- 55 Horse Racing Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers Printable
- 50 Fun Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge Multiple Choice
- 100 History General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers