Learners are heading to the general knowledge quiz for fun random trivia in English. Let’s learn something about the great Alexander the Great, under whose leadership the cities continued to exist in actuality, and his choice of Calas to serve as the satrap of Hellespontine Phrygia underlined his ambition to supplant the Great King of Persia. When the Persian fleet’s presence emboldened Miletus to fight, Alexander attacked it. Explore the general knowledge quiz for fun random trivia in English. However, Alexander dissolved his own expensive navy and declared that he would “destroy the Persian fleet on land” by capturing the coastal cities. Ada, the widow, and sister of the satrap Idrieus, adopted Alexander as her son, and, after driving out her brother Pixodarus, Alexander returned her to her satrapy in Caria. Halicarnassus in Caria resisted and was attacked. Caria did, however, hold out in certain areas until 332.
Alexander invaded western Asia Minor in the winter of 334–333, subduing the hill tribes of Lycia and Pisidia. In the spring of 333, he moved toward Perga via the coastal path, skirting the Mount Climax cliffs due to a favorable shift in the wind. The historian Callisthenes was one of Alexander’s flatterers who saw the sea level decline as a sign of divine favor. Find below the general knowledge quiz for fun random trivia in English. Tradition claims that he severed the Gordian knot at Gordium in Phrygia, which could only be undone by the one who would dominate Asia. However, this legend may be false or at least embellished.
At this juncture, Memnon, the capable Greek commander of the Persian navy, unexpectedly passed away, to Alexander’s advantage. He continued from Gordium to Ancyra (modern Ankara), then traveled south via Cappadocia and the Cilician Gates (now Külek Boazi), where a fever temporarily slowed him down. Have fun with the general knowledge quiz for fun random trivia in English On the eastern side of Mount Amanus, Darius and his Grand Army had been moving north. Alexander learned that Darius was on his line of communication at Issus, north of his position, when he was already camped by Myriandrus (near modern Skenderun, Turkey), due to inaccurate intelligence on both sides (autumn 333).
Alexander turned and discovered Darius gathered beside the Pinarus River. The subsequent conflict saw Alexander emerge victorious. Darius left as the battle devolved into a Persian defeat, leaving his family in Alexander’s care; the women were given gallant treatment.
Alexander left Issus and moved south into Syria and Phoenicia with the intention of cutting off the Persian navy from its bases and destroying it as a potent battle force. In order to protect Damascus and its valuable loot, including Darius’s war chest, Parmenio was dispatched ahead of the Phoenician towns Marathus and Aradus. Share the general knowledge quiz for fun random trivia free online. Alexander responded arrogantly to a letter from Darius proposing peace, recapitulating the wrongs of ancient Greece, and demanding complete submission to himself as master of Asia.
After conquering Sidon (Arabic: ayd) and Byblos (modern Jubayl), he ran into trouble at Tyre and was denied admission to the island capital. The Tyrians resisted for seven months as he then prepared to seize it using all siegecraft techniques. Stick to the general knowledge quiz for fun random trivia in English. During this period (winter 333–332), the Persians counterattacked both on land and at sea, retaking a number of towns and islands until being routed by Antigonus, the satrap of Greater Phrygia. Grow a habit to solve this general knowledge quiz for fun random trivia in English!
General Knowledge Quiz Fun Random Trivia in English
1. San Ciriaco hurricane was experienced in which year?
2. Earl of Winchester was active in England during the reign of which King?
King John (1166–1216)
3. In 1982, who becomes co-anchor of the Today Show?
4. What is the periodic wind which blows across the Isthmus of Tehuantepec in southern Mexico and out over the Gulf of Tehuantepec?
Tehuantepecer, or Tehuano wind
5. 1st broadcast of “Barn Dance Show” (WBAP – Fort Worth Texas) in which year?
6. How many years makes the Platinum jubilee?
7. In Astronomy, what is Corona Borealis?
8. What symbol represents the asteroid 17 Thetis?
A dolphin with a star
9. Words to use instead of Very Hungry?
10. In 1925, which French psychologist brings his self-esteem therapy to the US “Every day in every way I am getting better & better”?
11. Australian Cattle is a breed name of which animal?
12. Australian Open women has been won in a straight set during the Open Era of tennis in 1978 by which player?
13. Name a word with vowels in order.
14. In 1959, Evan S. Connell created which famous fiction?
15. Theodoros Pangalos resigns as Greek dictator in which year?
16. “My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!”—who said in “The Princess Bride”?
Inigo Montoya to Count Rugen
17. Tom McCarthy wrote which fiction in 2007?
18. What is the study of venereal diseases?
19. What is the average gestation duration of an Orca?
20. British Viceroy of India Lord Willingdon arrests Gandhi & Nehru in which year?
21. What is the length of the Ganges river basin?
22. Golden Gate Bridge closed for 3rd time by a fierce storm in which year?
23. Nevada Fall is located in which American state?
24. PC shortcut keys: Win + H=?
[Open the Share charm]
25. In 1932, the State of siege was proclaimed in which country?
26. What do you say in the French idiom “not to go with the back of the spoon”
ne pas y aller avec le dos de la cuillère – not to go in with half measures
27. Where does an Elephant live?
28. Renfrewshire city is located in which country?
29. In Archaeology, Relative dating can thus be used to establish a chronology or sequence. True/ False?
30. In which year, the 1st Dutch talkie movie, Jan Teunissen’s “Willem of Orange” was premiered?
31. What do you say about “requiring great effort, energy, or exertion”?
32. ABC Direction Network (57 affiliates) & ABC Rock Network (40 affiliates) become the 5th & 6th ABC radio network in which year?
33. What is the national emblem of Cambodia?
Angkor Wat temple; kouprey (wild ox)
34. Ribat Arzila (monument) is located in which country?
35. In 1935, who 1st heard on network radio as part of “The Intimate Revue”?
36. Which Roman emperor ended his rule in 308?
37. US Football League holds its 1st player draft in which year?
38. What is the most abundant element in Earth’s crust, after Aluminium?
Iron – 5.63%
39. Peter Henlein who invented the Watch (Portable Clocks) in 1509 was from which country?
40. Ft Jefferson National Monument, Florida was established in which year?
41. Which Old World monkey species has its scientific name Cercopithecus kandti?
42. In 1983, Eurythmics release their which breakthrough second studio album?
“Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)”
43. Which airport has its ICAO code MMCC?
Ciudad Acuña International Airport (Mexico)
44. “Rather” is a what type of predeterminer in English grammar?
45. In 1936, which magazine publishes its 1st music hit parade?
46. Who invented Watch (Portable Clocks) in 1509?
Peter Henlein (Germany)
47. In 1984, which musical, starring Harry Anderson, created by comedy writer Reinhold Weege, premieres on NBC TV; ran for 9 seasons?
48. John Abbott was featured on a postage stamp of Canada in which year?
49. Adherbal (governor) was one of the Carthaginian commanders of which war?
50. In 1936, Grimmett becomes a world record wicket-taker with no 190 v which team?
More interesting Articles
- 50 Fun Trivia Quiz Night General Knowledge English Questions
- 50 Tricky General Fun Trivia Quiz General Knowledge Questions
- 50 Trivia Questions General Knowledge Multiple Choice MCQ
- 50 General Knowledge Questions Multiple Choice with Answers
- 100 Interesting GK Questions Answer Related to History for Fun
- 50 Great Quiz Questions Answer General Knowledge English
- 50 Fun General Knowledge Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 Fun Trivia with Answers General Knowledge Printable Quiz
- 50 General Knowledge Trivia and Answers Printable Free Quiz
- 50 Game Night General Knowledge Printable Quiz Questions
- 100 Fun History Trivia Questions and Answers Printable Quiz
- 50 Trivia Fun Game Night Questions General Knowledge Quiz
- 50 Quiz Questions with Answers General Knowledge for Adults
- 50 GK Questions in English for Adults Cool Printable Trivia Quiz
- 55 Horse Trivia Questions and Answers Interesting Equine Facts
- 100 Interesting Questions and Answers for a GK Trivia Quiz
- 50 Easy GK Question Answer Trivia General Knowledge Test
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Family Trivia Questions Answer
- GK Questions with Answers Easy Trivia Quiz General Knowledge
- 50 General Knowledge Hard Trivia Quiz Interesting Facts