Love this general knowledge trivia for teens printable quiz in English. While Tyre was under siege, Darius submitted a fresh proposal: he would hand over all of his possessions west of the Euphrates in exchange for a hefty 10,000 talent ransom for his family. Parmenio is supposed to have responded, “I too, were I Parmenio,” to Alexander’s statement, “I would accept, were I, Alexander.” Solve general knowledge trivia for teens, and printable quizzes in English. Alexander’s greatest military victory was the assault of Tyre in July 332, which was marked by terrible devastation and the selling of women and children as slaves. Alexander left Parmenio in Syria and traveled south without encountering any resistance until he arrived in Gaza on its high mound. There, fierce resistance stopped him for two months, and he suffered a catastrophic shoulder injury during a sortie.
November 332 saw his arrival in Egypt. The Persian satrap Mazaces wisely renounced, and the populace greeted him as their savior. Alexander was anointed with the customary double pharaoh’s crown at Memphis after offering a sacrifice to Apis, the Greek name for Hapi, the holy Egyptian bull; this appeased the local priests and promoted their religion. Explore general knowledge trivia for teens with free printable quizzes in English. He spent the winter organizing Egypt, appointing Egyptian governors while maintaining a distinct Macedonian command over the troops. He had the Rhodian architect Deinocrates lay out the city of Alexandria, which he constructed close to the western branch of the Nile on a beautiful position between the sea and Lake Mareotis, shielded by the island of Pharos.
Additionally, it is reported that he dispatched an expedition to learn what causes the Nile to flood. He marched from Alexandria to Paraetonium along the shore, then continued interior to the famed oracle of the god Amon (at Swah); the arduous trek was later embellished with fanciful stories. When he arrived before the oracle in its oasis, the priest greeted him as the son of Amon, according to custom; Alexander asked the deity about the outcome of his voyage, but he kept the answer to himself. Stick to the general knowledge trivia for teens printable quizzes in English. In spring 331 he returned to Tyre, appointed a Macedonian satrap over Syria, and made preparations to push into Mesopotamia. Later, the episode was to support the narrative that he was the son of Zeus and, hence, his “deification.” He had successfully taken control of the whole eastern Mediterranean coast following his invasion of Egypt.
Alexander was in Thapsacus on the Euphrates in July 331. Darius learned of this action from an advance force sent under Mazaeus to the Euphrates crossing and marched up the Tigris to fight him. Instead of following the obvious path down the river to Babylon, he made his way across northern Mesopotamia toward the Tigris. Enjoy the general knowledge trivia for teens printable quiz in English On October 31st, a decisive fight between Nineveh and Arbela took place on the Gaugamela plain. The defeated Persian soldiers were followed by Alexander for 35 miles to Arbela, but Darius escaped into Media with his Bactrian cavalry and Greek mercenaries. Find below some more general knowledge trivia for teens printable quiz in English on different interesting topics.
General Knowledge Trivia Questions Answers for Teens
1. Which golf event is played on the weekend of the third Friday in July, and is the last of the four major championships to be played each year?
2. British Grand Prix was first held in which year?
3. What symbol represents the asteroid 12 Victoria?
A star topped with a branch of laurel
4. Who won her first three titles on Rebound Ace and her last four on Plexicushion in the Australian Open women’s singles championship?
5. In 1698, most of the Palace of which city in London, the main residence of the English monarchs, is destroyed by fire?
6. In the Near East region, in the early Bronze Age, which kingdom was started in 2500 BC?
Kingdom of Kerma
7. Birmingham and Fazeley Canal, a vital water source of the United Kingdom was opened in which year?
8. Tamworth Regional Entertainment Centre is located in which country?
9. Himilco (commander of Lilybaeum) was one of the Carthaginian commanders of which war?
First Punic War
10. In 1939, who was elected 1st woman dean of a US graduate school?
11. “All of” is a what type of determiner in English grammar?
12. Earl of Winchester was active in England during the reign of which King?
King John (1166–1216)
13. In 1986, David Boon’s second Test century, 131 v India at which venue?
14. What is the off-shore wind on the southwestern Oregon coast, United States; also known as the Chetco Effect?
15. Resistance fighters counter d’Estienne d’Orves/Jan Doornik, 1st meet in which year?
16. How many years make the Septuagennial anniversary?
17. In 1984, which team beats Minnesota 12-8 highest-scoring modern NHL game?
18. The Great San Francisco earthquake was experienced in which year?
19. Which Roman emperor started his rule in 286?
20. In 1942, 4th NFL All-Star Game, at which venue in NY, Chicago Bears beat NFL All-Stars, 35-24?
21. What is the length of the Indus–Sênggê Zangbo river basin which is outflown from the Arabian Sea?
22. In 1999 which tournament of College Football at Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, AZ: #1 Tennessee beats #2 Florida State, 23-16, at the 28th Fiesta Bowl?
1st BCS National Championship
23. Cockatiel is a breed name of which animal?
24. Name a word with vowels in order.
25. In 1942, Premier Churchill & General Marshall fly to which city?
26. What is the average gestation duration of an Otter (Lutra sp.)?
27. Comet Tempel 1 at perihelion in which year?
28. Lower Yellowstone Falls is located in which American state?
29. Malcolm Lowry created his famous fiction Under the Volcano in which year?
30. In 1943, who completes his tetralogy, “Joseph & His Brothers” appointment of Interest?
31. What is the national emblem of Cameroon?
32. 16 die in a train crash in Chase Md in which year?
33. PC shortcut keys: Win + I=?
[Open the Settings charm]
34. In Archaeology, the purpose of absolute dating is to anchor the events firmly in time. True/ False?
35. In 1944, who was appointed 1st African American official in US State Department?
36. What is the study of flags?
37. US F-14s shoot down 2 Libyan jet fighters over the Mediterranean in which year?
38. Bitterne town is located in which country?
39. What do you say in the French idiom “not to have one’s tongue in one’s pocket”?
ne pas avoir sa langue dans sa poche – not never be at a loss of words
40. In 1944, which mission begins, aerial dropping of supplies and weapons to resistance fighters in Europe?
41. Zacharias Janssen who invented the Optical Microscope (& also the Compound Microscope) at the end of 16th Century was from which country?
42. AT&T workers in Newark accidentally snap a cable in which year?
43. Medina of Asilah (monument) is located in which country?
44. What do you say by “mentally difficult; causing stress”?
45. In 1945, Germans execute resistance fighters in which city?
46. Which Old World monkey species has its scientific name Cercopithecus albogularis?
47. In 1991, Iraq agrees to send Aziz to Geneva to meet whom on Jan 9th?
48. Peter Henlein (Germany) invented Watch (Portable Clocks) in which year?
49. Which airport has its ICAO code SKAC?
Araracuara Airport (Colombia)
50. In 1945, which Casablanca-class escort jeep-aircraft carrier sinks after the Japanese kamikaze attack?
USS Ommaney Bay
More interesting Articles
- 50 Fun Trivia Quiz Night General Knowledge English Questions
- 50 Tricky General Fun Trivia Quiz General Knowledge Questions
- 50 Trivia Questions General Knowledge Multiple Choice MCQ
- 50 General Knowledge Questions Multiple Choice with Answers
- 100 Interesting GK Questions Answer Related to History for Fun
- 50 Great Quiz Questions Answer General Knowledge English
- 50 Fun General Knowledge Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
- 50 Fun Trivia with Answers General Knowledge Printable Quiz
- 50 General Knowledge Trivia and Answers Printable Free Quiz
- 50 Game Night General Knowledge Printable Quiz Questions
- 100 Fun History Trivia Questions and Answers Printable Quiz
- 50 Trivia Fun Game Night Questions General Knowledge Quiz
- 50 Quiz Questions with Answers General Knowledge for Adults
- 50 GK Questions in English for Adults Cool Printable Trivia Quiz
- 55 Horse Trivia Questions and Answers Interesting Equine Facts
- 100 Interesting Questions and Answers for a GK Trivia Quiz
- 50 Easy GK Question Answer Trivia General Knowledge Test
- 50 General Knowledge Quiz Family Trivia Questions Answer
- GK Questions with Answers Easy Trivia Quiz General Knowledge
- 50 General Knowledge Hard Trivia Quiz Interesting Facts