It is time to enjoy the world history quiz questions and answers printable interesting GK facts! History is the study of events, people, and places from the past. To put it another way, it’s basically a log of everything that has happened in the past. Many of today’s academics are unaware of the importance of history education in schools, and hence are unaware of how it influences their current and future lives. Share the world history quiz questions and answers printable interesting GK facts. The phrase “history repeats itself” is familiar to almost everyone nowadays, although it may be deceptive. The fact is that by examining prior generations’ activities, we may learn from their mistakes and avoid repeating them. Discuss about the world history quiz questions and answers printable interesting GK facts.
This history quiz will assist you if you are considering taking a history class or are simply wondering about the advantages of studying history. We’ll look at the five benefits of studying history in school in the sections below. Hook with the world history quiz questions and answers printable interesting GK facts.
1917 Three players score hat tricks for the same club in the NHL’s first official week of play; Corb Denneny, Reg Noble, and Harry Meeking each score three for the Toronto Arenas in an 11-4 win against the Ottawa Senators. Stick to the world history quiz questions and answers printable interesting GK facts.
Burhanuddin Rabbani, the political leader of the Afghan Northern Alliance, passes up authority to President Hamid Karzai’s temporary administration in 2001. Explore the world history quiz questions and answers printable interesting GK facts.
The UN Security Council passes a major resolution in 2016 calling for an end to all Israeli settlements on Palestinian territories held since 1967. New Zealand, Malaysia, Senegal, and Venezuela proposed Resolution 2334, which was voted 14-0 with the United States abstaining. Have fun with world history quiz questions and answers printable interesting GK facts.
New Zealand is the first country to establish a statutory inflation goal (0-2 percent) for how much prices should grow each year, which it did in 1989. Most developed countries have now adopted similar objectives. Lets enjoy the world history quiz questions and answers printable interesting GK facts!
World History Quiz Questions and Answers Fun Printable
1. In 1971, which US President commutes the remaining 8 years of Teamsters labor union leader Jimmy Hoffa’s 13-year jail term for bribery and fraud?
2. In which year, First flight of the Vickers Wellington bomber demonstrated?
3. In 1957, the US announces the manufacture of what element, harder than a diamond?
4. In which December in WWII, Americans forced on Wake Island to surrender to the Japanese?
5. In 1982, which agency announces it has identified dangerous levels of dioxin in the soil of Times Beach, Missouri?
The United States Environmental Protection Agency
6. In which year, NYC World Trade Center reaches the highest point (411 m)?
7. In 1991, Abuja replaces Lagos as the capital city of which country?
8. In 1972, which team ended 15 games winless streak?
New York Islanders
9. In 1938, the Discovery of the first modern coelacanth in which country?
10. In which year, Offices of Banca Nazionale dell’Agricoltura in Piazza Fontana, Milan, are bombed, killing 14?
11. In which year, Henry Ford completed his first useful petrol/gasoline fuelled engine?
12. In 1972, 16 plane crash survivors were rescued from Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571 after how many days on the Andean Mountains, after only surviving through cannibalism?
13. In which year, “Immaculate Reception” Steelers turns around a 7-6 defeat with a last-second touchdown reception against Raiders to win 13-7?
14. In 1992, who won the 58th Heisman Trophy Award?
Gino Torretta, U of Miami (QB)
15. In which year, Journal “Science” publish 1st report on nuclear winter?
16. The Beach Boys’ 1st appearance on “Shindig” in which year?
17. In 1941, British troops overrun Benghazi in which country?
18. In 1973, how many Persian Gulf nations double their oil prices?
19. In 1889, who patented a bicycle with a back pedal brake?
Daniel Stover & William Hance
20. In 1970, Small Astronomy Satellite Explorer 42 launched to study what?
21. In which year, last Belgian communities get electricity?
22. In 1974, which musical was opened at St James Theater NYC for 16 performances?
23. In which year, a Protestant man is shot dead at his home in Belfast, North Ireland?
24. In 1992, NY Giants lose 19-0 to which team?
25. In 1984, which West Indies batsman scores 208 vs Australia in a test match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground?
26. In 1991, which company filed Chapter 11 for bankruptcy protection?
27. In which year, Austria-Hungary admits King Leopold II’s Congo Free State?
28. In 1973, French Caravelle airliner crashes in which city, 106 killed?
29. In 1963, Fire on which Greek ship caused 128 to die?
30. USSR performs the underground nuclear test in which year?
31. In 1874, which pope proclaimed a jubilee for 1875?
Pope Pius IX
32. NY Islanders greatest shutout lose (8-0) vs Chicago Black Hawks in which year?
33. In 1972, 6.25 Earthquake destroys central Managua in which country, causing 10,000 death?
34. In which year, PLO leader Yasi Arafat accepts Israel’s right to exist?
35. Experimental airplane Voyager, piloted by Dick Rutan & Jeana Yeager, complete 1st nonstop, round-the-world flight without refueling lands in which year?
36. In 1641, which state becomes the first colony to give statutory recognition to slavery?
37. In 1981, who becomes the leading run-scorer in Test Cricket with 8033?
38. In 1993, which musical was closed at Longacre Theater NYC after 32 performances?
“Any Given Day”
39. In 1871, Giusseppi Verdi’s “Aida” opera was premiered in which city?
40. In which year, Colorado Avalanche Jari Kurri is 8th NHLer to score 600 career goals?
41. In which year, India & Ceylon were hit by a cyclone, about 4,850 were killed?
42. In 1975, who pleads guilty to trying to kill US President Gerald Ford?
Sara Jane Moore
43. NYC Subway system adds new stations, Z line in which year?
44. In 1865, Several Confederate veterans form what in Pulaski, Tennessee?
Ku Klux Klan
45. In 1987, Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme, serving a life sentence for the attempted assassination of President Gerald Ford, escapes from which prison?
46. Pasha Muhammad ibn Farukh, tyrannical governor of Jerusalem, driven out in which year?
47. In 1993, which musical was closed at Royale Theater NYC after 34 performances?
48. In which year, Yanks purchase Andy Messersmith from Braves?
49. In 1987, Rollermania at Madison Square Garden, Eastern Express beats which team?
50. In 1997, which Chicago Bull’s coach was the quickest to reach 500 wins (682 games)?
51. In 1991, the NJ Nets set an NBA record of 22 blocks beating Nuggets by what score?
52. In 1979 Gold hits record what amount of an ounce?
53. In 1966, Britain’s which popular rock TV show last program?
“Ready Steady Go”
54. In 1420, Henry V of England enters which city?
55. In 1990, the Comedy “Lettice & Lovage” was closed at which theatre in NYC after 284 performances?
56. In which year, UN climate change talks in Peru continue past the scheduled time as negotiations continue to stall?
57. In 1972, who took 8-79 in the India v England cricket match at Delhi?
B. S. Chandrasekhar
58. In 1979, which President of Pakistan, conferred Nishan-e-Imtiaz on Nobel laureate, Dr. Abdus Salam?
59. Russian Tupolev-134 was crashed in East Berlin, 70 killed in which year?
60. In which year, Baseball owners impose salary caps, fiercely opposed by players?
61. Battle of Gordonsville was held in 1864 in which US state?
62. In 1980, US’s copyright law was amended to include what?
63. NATO Council accept the “Flexible Response” strategy in which city in 1967?
64. In which year, Northern Italian towns formed Lombardi League?
65. In 1973, which country begins selling Olympic coins ($5 & $10 silver coins)?
66. Israeli-Palestinian Conflict started in which year?
67. In 2011, who won the 77th Heisman Trophy Award?
Robert Griffin III, Baylor (QB)
68. In 1980, which company makes its initial public offering on the US stock market – 38 years later it would become the first US company valued at over $1 trillion?
69. In 1986, James “Bone Crusher” Smith TKO’s WBA champ Tim Witherspoon in whic venue?
Madison Square Garden
70. NY Daily News publisher Kevin Maxwell resigns in which year?
71. In which year, US ambassador to Kuwait, Nathaniel Howell, leaves Kuwait?
72. 1st US case of space motion sickness was discovered in which year?
73. In 1981, “1st” closes at which theatre in NYC after 37 performances?
Martin Beck Theater
74. In 800, Charlemagne judges the accusations against which pop in the Vatican?
Pope Leo III
75. In 1973m which city authority files anti-trust against NL (stopping Padres move to DC)?
76. In 1982, $9,800,000 in cash was stolen from money transport car in which city?
77. In which year, Decathlon Bill Toomey achieves a world record score of 8417 points?
78. In 1997, which team sign Pedro Martinez to record 6 years $69 million contract?
79. In which year, NBA referees return to work after striking?
80. In 1990, Slovenians vote to secede from which country?
81. In 772, which pope was elected?
Pope Adrian I [Hadrian I]
82. the US launches Pioneer 8 into solar orbit in which year?
83. In 1982, which musical was closed at the Ambassador Theatre, NYC after 6 performances?
“Herman Van Veen: All of Him”
84. In 1860, actor Joseph Jefferson’s dramatization of which opera was premiered in NYC?
“Rip Van Winkle”
85. In which year, Gas stove explodes & starts fire killing 138 in Mecca, Saudi Arabia?
86. Fire devastates US Library of Congress in Washington, destroys 35,000 volumes in which year?
87. In 1958, who took 9-102 with leggies v W Indies at Kanpur?
88. Kosovo War started in which year?
89. First women ever elected in Saudi Arabia in municipal council elections in which year?
90. In 1975, who makes Andy Messersmith & Dave McNally free agents?
91. In 1968, 82 members of which US intelligence ship released by North Korea?
92. In 1990, the US accuses which country of dragging its feet on dates for talks?
93. UN Committee on Peaceful Use of Outer Space is established in which year?
94. In 2014, over 200 pro-democracy activists were arrested in which country?
95. Dutch social-democratic party-ministers/premier Drees dismissed in which year?
96. WAQX 104.3 (Q-104) rock format replaces WNCN classic format in NYC in which year?
97. In which year, Florida releases Alex Arias, the last original Marlin?
98. In 1961, which amateur radio satellite launched with military Discoverer 36?
99. In 1995, which channel announces Radio Canada International service to end on March 31?
100. In 1974, Premier of Dmitri Shostakovich’s Suite on Verses of Michelangelo Buonarroti song cycle in which city?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 100 GK Questions and Answers Quiz about Human Body Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge Questions and Answers about Human Body
- 100 Summer Trivia Questions Answers Quiz Facts GK for Adults
- 100 Spring Trivia Questions and Answers Facts Quiz for Seniors
- 50 Halloween Fun Facts Quiz and Trivia General Knowledge
- 100 Winter Trivia Questions and Answers Printable Quiz Facts
- 100 May Trivia Questions and Answers Interesting Facts
- 100 April Trivia Questions and Answers Interesting Facts
- 100 March Trivia Questions and Answers Interesting Facts
- 100 February Trivia Questions and Answers Interesting Facts
- 100 January Trivia Questions and Answers Interesting Facts
- 100 December Trivia Questions and Answers Interesting Facts
- 100 November Trivia Questions and Answers Interesting Facts
- 100 October Trivia Questions and Answers Interesting Facts
- 100 Random History Trivia Questions and Answers Free Quiz
- 100 Random Knowledge Trivia Questions Answer GK English
- 100 Random General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Really Random Quiz Questions Answers GK English Trivia
- 100 GK Quiz Questions for Kids and Adults in English Printable
- 100 Random General Knowledge Trivia Printable Quiz English