October trivia questions and answers interesting facts about October GK general knowledge Quiz for October are here for your entertainment.
100 October Trivia Questions and Answers Interesting Facts
Let’s find below 100 interesting facts bout October with thrilling trivia questions and answers!
1. Why was the month of October changed in Latin from its serial from 8th to 10th month?
The introduction of the Roman calendar
2. More presidents of the United States have been born in which month of the year than in any other month of the year?
3. In which Hemisphere, October falls in spring?
4. In October, Canadians celebrate which holiday?
5. Jockey Club Gold Cup horse racing takes place in which month?
6. The Anglo-Saxons used to refer to October as ‘Winterfylleth,’ which means what?
“the fullness of winter”
7. October and which other month also always end on the same weekday?
8. In which ancient city, one of three Mundus patet would take place on October 5, Meditrinalia October 11, Augustalia on October 12, October Horse on October 15, and Armilustrium on October 19?
In Ancient Rome
9. October is the same season in each hemisphere as Which month is in the opposite hemisphere?
10. What year was the October Revolution?
11. The French word octobre is shortened to what?
12. The 2021 World Wrestling Championships of the World Wrestling Championships of combined events held from 2 to 10 October 2021 in which city?
13. National Homemade Cookies Day is on what day of October?
14. Which two other months were introduced to the Roman calendar by Julius Caesar and Augustus in Roman calendar?
July and August
15. Che Guevara was Executed on October 9 in which year?
16. What are October’s two birthstones?
Tourmaline and opal
17. On October 6, 2006, Google announces the purchase of which company?
18. Why is October the perfect time to go stargazing?
The night sky is much clearer
19. 2021 UEFA Nations League Finals to be held on what days in October?
20. National Do Something Nice Day is celebrated on what da yin October?
21. In which October, the first-ever National Geographic magazine was released?
22. Louisa May Alcott’s novel ‘Little Women’ was published in October which year?
23. Columbus arrived in America on what day in October 1492?
24. Formula Racing 2021 Japanese Grand Prix to be held on what date in October?
25.In which year on October 10, The Panama Canal joined the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific ocean?
26. October was named after which Latin word ‘octo’ means what?
27. World’s First Nuclear Accident Windscale took place in which year on October 10?
28. Which is a big mating season every year for elk, white-tailed deer, moose, and even porcupines?
29. Hoover Dam Starts Producing Electricity on October 9 in which year?
30. Thanksgiving Day is celebrated in Canada on what day?
31. 2021 UCI Track Cycling World Championships to be held on 13-17 October in which country?
32. The Statue of Liberty arrived in the United States all the way from France in which year’s October?
33. First Broadcast Of The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson took place on what date in 1962?
34. Halloween better known by what name?
All Hallows’ Eve
35. “Thrilla in Manilla” match Muhammad Ali beats Joe Fraser on October 1 in which year?
36. In which year’s October, was the first Olympic Games held in Latin America ever?
October 1968 (19th Summer Olympic Games)
37. What is the birthday of Paul Simon?
38. Harvest celebrations are over in which month and the evenings are becoming longer and longer by the day?
39. Warsaw Uprising Ends on what date in 1944?
40. World Smile Day is celebrated on what day in October?
41. Los Angeles Times building is bombed on October 1 in which year?
42. On what date, the world’s population reached six billion?
12 October 1999
43. What is the Latin name for the month of October?
“octo”, meaning “eight”
44. “The Mickey Mouse Club” begins on ABC on what date in 1955?
45. On October 1, 1918, which Forces captured Damascus from Turkish forces?
Lawrence of Arabia Forces
46. Shakespeare never mentioned which month in any of his plays or sonnets?
47. What was the name of the First Single Beatles Release on October 5, 1962?
“Love Me Do”
48. In which year’s October, Disney World in Florida opened its doors.
49. The star sign of everyone born in October is what?
either a Libra or a Scorpio
50. ‘Aloha’ festival is celebrated in October in which US state?
51. World Animal Day is celebrated on what day in October?
52. In which year’s October, the time zones of the world were created?
53. The very first McDonald’s restaurant in the UK opened its doors on what day in October 1974?
54. A.A.Milne wrote and published which book in October 1926?
Winnie the Pooh
55. In which year’s October 1, Epcot Opens Orlando, Florida?
56. In which years, October doesn’t start on the same day of the week as any other month?
57. October is the national month of what significant events?
- Medical Ultrasound Awareness Month
- Rett Syndrome Awareness Month
- World Blindness Awareness Month
- Pretzel Month
- National Month of Sarcasm
- Cookbook Month
- Black History Month in the United Kingdom
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Health Literacy Month
- International Walk to School Month
- Appreciation Month
- Month-long observances
- World Menopause Month
- Vegetarian Awareness Month
- Pasta Month
- Squirrel Awareness Month
- National book month
- Family history month
- National roller skating month
- Country music month
- LGBT history month
58. On October 16th, 1977, which well-known musician was born?
59. October may be more prone to developing asthma — true or false?
60. Name 7 legends who were born in October?
Julie Andrews, Christopher Columbus, Hillary Clinton, Bill Gates, Katy Perry, Julia Roberts, and Matt Damon
61. In 451 BC which two Latin months were added to the beginning of the calendar, making October the 10th month?
months of Ianurarius and Februarius
62. On October 1, 1985, which riot took place in the UK?
Brixton Toxteth and Peckham Riots
63. A war between France and England concluded in October 1453. What was the name of this historical war?
The Hundred Years’ War
64. In Catholic Church tradition, October is the Month of what?
The Holy Rosary
65. What is the National Chocolate Day in the USA?
66. Which vegetable is the night before Halloween named after?
67. What is the birthday to John Lennon?
68. What does October called in German and Dutch?
69. Anwar Sadat was assassinated on October 6, which year?
70. What flower is associated with the month of October?
Marigold, orange calendula
71. October is thought to breed natural athletes — true or false?
72. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines of the Netherlands is founded on what day in 1919?
73. What is the month of cookies, sausages, pizza, dessert, and popcorn?
74. International Animation Day is celebrated on what day in October?
75. What is your star sign if you were born on October 30th?
76. National Basketball Leage is held in which month?
77. What does October call in Italian?
78. What is the name of the church in Hampshire, the UK that has a tradition of ringing its bells every year on October 7th?
The Twyford church
79. What is a good time to start storing up on firewood for the long winter season so you can stay warm until spring arrives?
80. On what day in October, Halloween is observed?
81. National Hockey League is kicked off in which month?
82. Until their breakup in October 1968, Led Zeppelin was known by what name?
The New Yardbirds
83. On what day in 1949, the People’s Republic of China was founded?
84. On October 3rd, which year, President Abraham Lincoln declared that the United States will observe Thanksgiving every fourth Thursday in November?
85. What does October call in Turkish?
86. The first Monday of October is recognized and designated by the UN as what International day?
World Habit Day
87. The beer-swilling Bavarian festival Oktoberfest takes place every year in which city?
88. Mahatma Gandhi was born on which day in 1869?
89. In common years, October and January always begin on the same day of the week — true or falce?
90. Depending on the year which full moon either falls in October or November?
91. In which Hemisphere, October happen in Autumn (fall)?
In the Northern Hemisphere
92. National Football League is kicked off in which month?
93. In October 1911, what did Henry Ford patent?
The first gearbox mechanism in a car
94. National Basketball League is kicked off in which month?
95. National Indigenous People Day is celebrated on what day in October?
96. World Food Day is celebrated on which day in October
97. In October of which year did Nevada become a part of the United States?
98. What is the sixth of seven months to have 31 days?
99. National Hispanic Heritage Month takes place in October, extended from which dates?
15 September to 15 October
100. What does October call in Korean?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 50 Evergreen 90s TV Show Trivia Questions Answers MCQ
- 100 Trivia about Germany Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about Spain Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about France Printable Interesting Facts
- 125 Trivia about Ireland Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about China Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about Australia Printable Interesting Facts
- 130 Trivia About Japan Printable – Japan Interesting Facts
- 130 Trivia Questions Canada Printable for Basic Learners
- 100 Trivia about Mexico – Trivia de Mexico for Everyone
- 60 Easy Baseball Trivia Multiple Choice Questions
- 100 Basketball Trivia for Kids Multiple Choice MCQ
- 100 80s Movie Trivia Quiz Multiple Choice Evergreen
- 100 Questions and Answers about History for Challengers
- 100 World History Trivia Questions and Answers
- 80 World History Questions and Answers with Twist
- 100 Amazing 90s Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
- 111 Funny Trivia Questions And Answers Printable
- 100 Printable Trivia Questions and Answers Multiple Choice
- 111 Big Bang Theory Trivia Questions and Answer
october facts and trivia
october facts interesting
october facts uk
october facts 2021
october facts 2022
october facts and events
october facts and trivia uk
october facts australia
october facts around the world
october facts us
october special days
october birth flower